Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

"Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers (42841 Views)

It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / Violent Fulani Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians – Police IGP, Arase / We're Not Politicians, Stop Inviting Us To Improtu Meetings....ogun Obas To Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Arosa(m): 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2011
there is something very positive happening in Nigeria that many Africans including Nigerians are not seeing. (thanks to the corruptions in high places. ) there is no time, for the slow thinkers.  angry cool
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by nyameke: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2011
publisher:

@nyameke: If according to you,90million Nigerians are living below poverty line, out of a population of about 150 million,it kinda means that about 60million Nigerians are not doing too badly,right?, That's over twice Ghana's population,not too bad. Get this into your silly head,most of the big Nigerian companies in Ghana have their head quarters and branches in and around Nigerian cities. Also,i suggest you visit Gambia,Sao tome,Benin,Togo etc you'll see more Nigerian companies there. So what are we doing for our 90million 'poor' people? Well,take the chinese for example,about 500 million chinese live below the poverty line,yet you see chinese companies in all parts of the world. These global companies are established strictly with the intention to make profits, and these profits goes back to motherland China. Same with Nigerian companies in Ghana,all their profits returns to Nigeria and is used to expand and grow their businesses in Nigeria,in doing this more jobs are created for our 'unemployed' Nigerians. But i'm sure you dont understand half of what i've just explained, that's the effect of too much kenkey.

Fellow Nairalanders,let's END this thread. Mr Moderator,over to you!
ok son let's not get technical call here Not important Cus it still doesn't take away the facts, 70percents of 150 mil is about 101 mil. I based my 90mil on 140 population, and I really don't see the big deal about Nigeria companies in Ghana really.the total investment of nigerian companies in Ghana is about 1bil and Glo takes the bulk of that. Ghana's GDP in 2010 was about 40bil. Those companies are in Ghana making profits and not charity work and you want ghanaians to applaud nigerians because? Maybe not on a bigger scale but you have ghanaian companies also in Liberia Togo Burkina etc ordinary ghanaians don't give a F about it Cus it doesn't put money in their pockets. Some Nigerians are funny people I swear. The loudest mouth is actually always the insecure ones I swear, And boy don't ever compare Nigeria to China please. Not going there with you

Those of you that come over here like kwaseato Gbawe to complain about Ghana are just bitter and needs hugs Cus you have over a million nigerians in Ghana and if they were all being treated like that I'm sure they all would have left already. Yea there are a few bad stories here and there but so what wussy don't nigerians also do the same thing to ghanaians. You monkey
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by deb(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
Instead of getting angry, I actually feel pity for them.

No Nigerian could be so stupid to stoop so low to singing a song like that,

Shows how low levelled the Ghanian brains are if they've got any at all.

What a big display of inferiority complex. Shame on the entire Ghanian nation for producing such gutter brains. I will not dignify them imbeciles with their stupid dictions with anymore responses. I only decided to answered a fool so he wouldn't think he's wise in his own eyes.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jrtorrents: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Gbawe Bros what dey happen, why are you laying hide and seek with moi la?
Respond to my post la
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by londoner: 3:33pm On Aug 07, 2011
It is obvious that the "new" Ghanaian members on NL that sign up just to contribute to Ghana threads or Naija bashing ones, are the few Ghanaian members that we have always known here.

They just lack the courage to write their rubbish under the user names we know them under normally.

@Gbawe, seriously you are right, we are dealing with two sets of people both on NL and in the real world. The Ghanaian with the inferiority complex (but timidity in equal measure to make any inroads alongside Nigerians even on his own soil).

Then there is the ignorant self hating Nigerian who no matter what is being discussed, will always align themselves against the Nigerian, simply because it involves a Nigerian. Many of them have never even been to Ghana, they just go on rumours and because it fits into their self loathing, they gravitate towards it even when "de matter for ground dey different".
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
jrtorrents:

@Gbawe Bros what dey happen, why are you laying hide and seek with moi la?
Respond to my post la

Because your silly and repetitive post is not worth responding to !!! Jeez !! What is your point anyway? Who says no Nigerian has ever badmouthed Ghanaians ? That is not and was never my point. Abeg , talk better or leave me alone.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
londoner:

It is obvious that the "new" Ghanaian members on NL that sign up just to contribute to Ghana threads or Naija bashing ones, are the few Ghanaian members that we have always known here.

They just lack the courage to write their rubbish under the user names we know them under normally.

@Gbawe, seriously you are right, we are dealing with two sets of people both on NL and in the real world. The Ghanaian with the inferiority complex (but timidity in equal measure to make any inroads alongside Nigerians even on his own soil).

This is the crux of the matter and the basis of why some Ghanaians hate Nigerians with a passion. Plain inferiority complex !!! Rather than attempt to better themselves and 'measure up' they embrace hate as an outlet for their frustration. They will never give credit where it is due , or better still, attempt to put envy aside to learn graciously from Nigerians. they prefer to malign us as crooks when even the evidence in their own country show otherwise.

I remember one of these debates in the past when I showed this Ghanaian hater that Nigerians compete favourably with the Lebanese in the Franchised Restaurant sector in Ghana while Ghanaians are not really present. Rather than look at what is said objectively and ponder how Ghanaians can do better in their own nation he glibly announced that Nigerians are bragging about a "mere stupid chicken joint" . Well KFC is also a "Chicken Joint" but one that is wealthier than some African countries !!!!  rather than give Nigerians credit the chap found it better to attempt to demean success and endeavor. That is a classic example, right on this forum , of the kind of bad belle some Ghanaians carry around.

Then there is the ignorant self hating Nigerian who no matter what is being discussed, will always align themselves against the Nigerian, simply because it involves a Nigerian. Many of them have never even been to Ghana, they just go on rumours and because it fits into their self loathing, they gravitate towards it even when "de matter for ground dey different".

Thank you. Nothing is more annoying than self-haters and diasporan Nigerians commenting out of sheer ignorance. Of course some so-called Nigerians will see "no bid deal" in this song because they don't identify enough with Nigeria to feel offended . In fact many of them don't really view themselves as Nigerians. They see everything from the perspective of their ethnic group . Very sad indeed. If the song targeted Yoruba or Igbo you will then see them 'boiling' .

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by nyameke: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2011
londoner:

see this one too  you think I'm old member and would sign on just to tell some of you how stupid you can be, I guess you and kwaseato Gbawe are brothers then, I have been a silent reader on nairaland for three months and just like ghanaweb like how I do to some stupid and ignorant ghanaians I felt the Need to do same to ignorant stupid nigerians on here because some of y'all thinking is flawed and zombie-like, As far as a ghanaian having inferiority complex towards nigerians well to put it mildly I will say they don't deserve to be ghanaians and are ignorants and there are a few. Cus m yet to really see anything that Nigeria has done for its people that is worthy of praise. I used to think you guys would turn the hell hole called Nigeria around but now I don't know Cus all you hear is we have  potential, we're aggressive we bold bla bla yet yall can't and don't sh@t and being taken on a roller coaster ride. Talk about weak minded people, some of you get it though so there is hope
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2011
nyameke:

see this one too  you think I'm old member and would sign on just to tell some of you how silly you can be, I guess you and kwaseato Gbawe are brothers then, I have been a silent reader on nairaland for three months and just like ghanaweb like how I do to some silly and ignorant ghanaians I felt the Need to do same to ignorant silly nigerians on here because some of y'all thinking is flawed and zombie-like, As far as a ghanaian having inferiority complex towards nigerians well to put it mildly I will say they don't deserve to be ghanaians and are ignorants and there are a few. Cus m yet to really see anything that Nigeria has done for its people that is worthy of praise. I used to think you guys would turn the hell hole called Nigeria around but now I don't know Cus all you hear is we have  potential, we're aggressive we bold bla bla yet yall can't and don't sh@t and being taken on a roller coaster ride. Talk about weak minded people, some of you get it though so there is hope  

Ol boy you still dey here? Chicken Republic and Mr. Biggs are aggressively opening branches everywhere in Ghana . You better go and get an application form rather than wasting precious time here . Or do you wan't to be jobless forever? Coscharis sef dey look for delivery drivers. You can also try Silverbird Cinema . Dem dey look for aisle ushers and you might be lucky wink wink

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by nyameke: 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
Gbawe:

Ol boy you still dey here? Chicken Republic and Mr. Biggs are aggressively opening branches everywhere in Ghana . You better go and get an application form rather than wasting precious time here . Or do you wan't to be jobless forever? Coscharis sef dey look for delivery drivers. You can also try Silverbird Cinema . Dem dey look for aisle ushers and you might be lucky wink wink
hehehehe your dumbass actually made me laugh, if you think I'm jobless and need a job then oh boy small boys are young, see unlike you I don't go on forums seeking attention and talking about what I do ,have and don't have, gyimi belle belle cry baby man abi boy. undecided
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Rhino5dm: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nyameke = Mobinga ? undecided. . . .
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by aribisala0(m): 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2011
bawe you are an extremist .

you are not more patriotic than anyone .

1. ghana is not worth the time that has been spent on it here.
2. we have serious problems of our own in nigeria and need to face the truth.denouncing people who point out our legion flaws as self-hating is misguided .

as i have told you several times we need to shut up and get busy.
china the us's biggest creditor still receives aid from the us and even the uk.
they are forever claiming to be a poor developing nation so why all the noise from us.
this ghana thing is a bit of fun but really one only gives these clowns oxygen  by engaging them in polemics.
on an individual level there are few if any countries that match the achievements of nigerians in africa in most fields of human endeavour but that is not,in my view ,a reason to gloat since we have failed miserably to translate that into anything meaningful for our country .
the fact that nigerians are now exchanging abuse with ghanaians online is a new low and a reflection of the depths to which we have sunk.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by cap28: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
Gbawe:

I don't even know what to say to all what you wrote above but wow !! You go around the forum pretending to be smart yet you can write this:

If ever there was a delusional pontificating individual  full of hot air and unecessary self importance it is you Mr Gbawe, come down from your undeserving position of self importance and start living in the real world like the rest of us.

So Nigerians are "making a nuisance of themselves in Ghana" ? Egbami !!! See ignorance . Very obvious you are one of those who contend that Nigerians do no good at all and should be accorded no dignity whatsoever !!! Adolf hitler once argued same about jews and Black folks and we all know what the world, except demented folks, think of him!!!!

Yes, i see no reason why nigerians who claim to be the giants of africa have to run to ghana to make a living, why cant they make a livign in nigeria if the country is so great?  By the way Nigerians are the most intolerant set of human beings on the face of this planet so you would do well to do away with your crass hypocrisy, if nigerians loved each other so much, why were northerners massacring igbos in the north, why were igbos betrayed by the yorubas?  Adolf Hitler though a crackpot was defending the national and cultural integrity of his nation hence is decision to rid his country of the jews who he saw as the enemy, nigeria has no nationalistic movement because it is not a united nation -  the people within it fight and kill each other in order to gain power and control over the other tribes.

Most of what you wrote above just show you are autocratic and not really bright at all. We should all aspire for our Nations, and indeed the world, to be a place where decent folks can carry on their business without discrimination. No one genuinely bright, exposed and reasonable can begin to justify patently wrong behaviour in the wild manner you are doing here and with total conjecture. You prefer to claim someone "ran away" to Ghana when this chap was actually working in Ghana with his Nigerian Company. A predisposition to thinking the worst of your own people, combined with your intolerant talk shows a very ugly and ignorant disdain for the right of human being to be accorded dignity.

I suggest you try reading the garbage you dribble all over this forum before you accuse others of not being bright.  You are  in no position to assume the moral high ground when it comes to discrimination and bad treatment,  because Nigerians are highly intolerant of other black africans.  Funnily enough this intolerance evaporates into thin air the minute you see oyibo people, which is evident from the way whites abuse, exploit and generally take the piss out of nigerians IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY. do you think black south africans would tolerate the kind of abuse from whites that nigerians put up with on a daily basis?  Have you forgotten how german expatriates practice segregation openly against nigerians RIGHT THERE IN NIGERIA??Funny how you never seem to want to raise your voice to challenge those kind of situations but instead reserve your pathetic anger for harmless ghanaians.
Are you not ashamed of the way nigerians kow tow to white expatriates IN NIGERIA but treat each other like garbage?
The only time people like you grow a pair of balls is when you are around other africans - cowards!

What you write below gives a vital clue to what your real problem is and your patently unreasonable hatred of Nigerians to the extent you prefer to rant against them intolerantly even when they are victims.

Save your self pity for someone who gives a shi.t - if nigerians were more humble towards other africans they would not be victims of the so called bad treatment that you refer to.

You are not even able to give credit where it is due. You claim ungraciously that Nigerian musician have "zero talent" , in trying to malign Nigeria, yet you do not realize that in saying that you are also knocking the entire continent because , right now, Nigerian music is virtually the most popular and most acclaimed in Africa. The awards confirm it too with Nigeria consistently winning 90% of awards at the African MTV award.

No, im just knocking the unoriginal, copy cat nigerian musicians who think that they are doing something ground breaking by mimicking (very badly) african american artists, there are other african artistes that are original and stick to their own brand of music ie the congolese and south africans  and i have a lot of respect and admiration for them but if you think im going to give undeserved praise to those wanna be phony nigerian rappers you've got another think coming.

Rather than knock the Sports Commentator who went far beyond his remit and shamed his profession you praise him because "the truth is bitter". Is Ghana never guilty of age cheating ? Or are you in support of hypocrisy, double standards and always pointing a finger at others when we too are not without guilt? The central issue of gross Professional misconduct is totally lost on you as long it is Nigerians being maligned . You foolishly , in your haste to justify all wrongdoing against Nigerians, fail to understand that unfounded accusation should be something for the beer parlor and not live TV to be seen throughout the World!!!! If Obama said all Nigerians are killers you will probably defend him without understanding that such talk should not come from a President saddled with the duty of promoting peace and harmony !!!!

And look at the disgraceful nonsense from you below:

You are just arguing your way backward simply because you are committed to maligning Nigeria unfairly - and I know why.  Why mention Nkrumah and Rawlings for Ghana and IBB and OBJ for Nigeria as if both Countries don't produce good and bad ? You are beyond redemption. Sorry .

bla bla bla whine whine whine, your words are like white noise in my ears, high pitched, irritating and inconsequential, ive said my mind, you can take it or leave it - the choice is yours.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by RickyRoss1(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Gbawe my brother pls stop wasting your time and energy on these ignorant fools. I have spent a lot of time reading all your posts and you make a lot of sense. You have been to Ghana and have witnessed the amount of hatred these low minded fools have against Nigerians. I used to love Ghanaians as my brothers, but all that changed when i visited Ghana.

Nigerians believe in hearsay. Most of the fools here on Nairaland will tell you that Ghana has steady electricity that lasts 10 years non stop. These are some of the lies/rumors i heard before i set my foot in Ghana. But low and behold, the same day i arrived Ghana there was power cut that lasted days? Ghana has good and bad sides just like Nigeria. But there is no area where Ghana can compete with Nigeria apart from 419 scam. Nigerian boys invented 419 scam but Ghanaians has taken the lead. Just visit any internet cafe in Ghana and you will see mostly Ghana boys and girls as young as 13 years, all of them either sending fake scam emails or posting fake photos on dating sites to deceive people. The difference is that the Ghana boys add charms (SAKAWA) to their 419 scams which is why they die young. In drug trafficking Ghanians are very active as well. Each time a BLACK African drug baron is caught in London he is either a Nigerian or Ghanaian. Nigeria is the most corrupt country in Africa followed closely by Ghana.
I have lived in Ghana, married to a pretty Ghanaian lady, have been to all regions in Ghana. When you travel round Ghana you start to appreciate Nigeria. Nigeria is poor but Ghana is far much poorer. Nigerian leaders are corrupt and so is Ghanaian leaders. Nigerian police is corrupt and so is Ghana police. You can commit any crime in Ghana and get away with it as long as you pay bribe. Just like Nigeria, there is massive corruption in all areas of Ghanaian economy. An average Ghanain custom officer or post office staff will prefer you to pay bribe and collect parcel/goods than issue you official government receipt. Why are Ghanaians not worried about the massive corruption in Ghana? Why are they so much worried about Nigeria and its citizens? Great number of Ghanaians are illiterates. 4 out of every 10 Ghanian boy/girl you meet in Ghana cannot speak English. Have you ever met any Nigerian girl that cannot speak even pidgin English? Stop 10 taxis in Accra and 4 of them dont speak English and yet Ghanaian's will tell you they have good schools and stuff?

An average Ghanaian derives so much joy spending alot of time insulting Nigerians, any crime committed in Ghana they blame it on Nigerians when in reality the Ghanians are the crooks themselves. I was in Ghana when armed robbers broke into a bank in dome area of Accra. That same day the entire Ghana nation as a whole started calling all Nigerians to be deported, claiming it was Nigerian criminals that broke into the bank. From market women to radio stations etc. As a result, dozens of innocent Nigerians were arrested and detained at the Dome/Kwabenya  police stations. But after thorough investigations, they arrested the 7 Ghanaian bandits that committed the crime, still they didnt release the Nigerians for free, they had to pay bribes to gain freedom,
I am not saying Nigeria is perfect. Just imagine what Nigeria will look like if we get little support from the government. We are not asking for too much, just give us steady electricity and you will see Nigeria develop by itself and compete with Brazil/India/China. I am a proud Nigerian, i know about our problems and i wish that our leaders will have a change of heart.  But I dont know why Ghanaians like to talk about Nigerians instead of the most important problems in Ghana. In Ghana, day in day out they are discussion about Nigerians, when in real sense we Nigerians dont give a mess about Ghana. Let us leave Ghanaians to their ignorance. While they are busy attacking us, wise Nigerians are busy making too much money and buying up everything in Ghana. Very soon Ghanaians will be slaves in their own country. When Ghanas under 20 team won the world cut in Egypt all Nigerians and Africans celebrated with them. Most Nigerian shops in Ghana gave free drinks to everyone, including my own bar in Accra. Nigerians in Nigeria and all over the world celebrated in different ways, same thing happened during the last world cup in South Africa. But when it was Nigerias turn, these fat, poor, obese ugly Ghanaians were shouting that Nigeria's under 17 team were age cheats, instead of being happy that an African team has done well. What further evidence do we need to prove that Ghanaians are not our brothers? Are they telling us these ugly Ghanain footballers like Appiah and Essien are using their real age? Is there ant crime Nigerians commit that Ghanians dont commit?  Their envy and jealousy will kill them, Nuf said

2 Likes

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2011
aribisala0:

bawe you are an extremist .

you are not more patriotic than anyone .

1. ghana is not worth the time that has been spent on it here.
2. we have serious problems of our own in nigeria and need to face the truth.denouncing people who point out our legion flaws as self-hating is misguided .

as i have told you several times we need to shut up and get busy.
china the us's biggest creditor still receives aid from the us and even the uk.
they are forever claiming to be a poor developing nation so why all the noise from us.
this ghana thing is a bit of fun but really one only gives these clowns oxygen  by engaging them in polemics.
on an individual level there are few if any countries that match the achievements of nigerians in africa in most fields of human endeavour but that is not,in my view ,a reason to gloat since we have failed miserably to translate that into anything meaningful for our country .

I am just having fun with them. I have stated this many times. Nothing riles the hateful Ghanaian more than when you expose their lies and sanctimony. Truth be told , Ghana and Nigerians both have their issues they must face squarely. No one is "gloating" and I certainly don't lie . Like most , I had nothing but the highest regards for Ghanaians till I actually began going to Ghana. After a while the unjustifiable hatred and bad belle of some Ghanaians leave you with no choice but to tell some of them the home truth.

the fact that nigerians are now exchanging abuse with ghanaians online is a new low and a reflection of the depths to which we have sunk.

What on earth are you talking about? I am certainly not exchanging abuse with anyone and you should get off my case. Sooner or later you will appreciate , in life, especially if you are a winner, that there is nothing wrong in the self-assured taunting of those who love to do nothing but badmouth you and try to define you with infamy. The most annoying thing about the hateful and inadequate Ghanaian is that he wants to use blanket hatred to malign every Nigerian.

They take their badmouthing of Nigerians and lack of decorum everywhere. Even in the UK , London to be precise, my wife was walking through a shopping mall with the kids and approached by one of those people taking pictures. The Guy taking photos was Ghanaian. When my wife said her husband is Nigerian he turned around and said "so you are one of those married to those 419 people! !!!! She was speechless. Later we had a good laugh about it because he is snapping pictures for £5 a go yet badmouthing a professional who has done well for himself and taken his opportunities. Years back I might have gone to confront the frustrated fool but I ignore losers like that these days.

It is not uncommon to hear a Ghanaian , after stepping out of a Nigerian bank in Ghana and having a loan approved, announcing that "all the Nigerians in Ghana are crooks" (the favourite saying of many of them). I have seen with my two eyes how a guy stepped out his Merc CLS , with Abuja number plate, in Accra. As soon as the guy was out of earshot these bad belle guys watching him announced "Nigerian criminal" .  My guy , I was in Ghana when Nigeria lost the U17 final to Switzerland. Ghanaians jubilated wildly and shouted in bars !!!

It is the hateful Ghanaian , for example, who will have no problem calling Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe "common" 419ners. Life is too short to try and reason with such hatred. I have nothing against Good Ghanaians but I don't have time for hateful Ghanaians. Unfortunately , there are too many who are in the hateful category.   I am very happy with my life so I have got no time to hate anyone but as I have gotten older I have stopped responding to hatred with anger because I know that is what frustrated losers want you to do. Instead I will tease them and work them up even more. Abeg, If you really want to preach go to Ghanaweb .

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Rhino5dm: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2011
well said!

Ricky_Ross:

@Gbawe my brother pls stop wasting your time and energy on these ignorant fools. I have spent a lot of time reading all your posts and you make a lot of sense. You have been to Ghana and have witnessed the amount of hatred these low minded fools have against Nigerians. I used to love Ghanaians as my brothers, but all that changed when i visited Ghana.

Nigerians believe in hearsay. Most of the fools here on Nairaland will tell you that Ghana has steady electricity that lasts 10 years non stop. These are some of the lies/rumors i heard before i set my foot in Ghana. But low and behold, the same day i arrived Ghana there was power cut that lasted days? Ghana has good and bad sides just like Nigeria. But there is no area where Ghana can compete with Nigeria apart from 419 scam. Nigerian boys invented 419 scam but Ghanaians has taken the lead. Just visit any internet cafe in Ghana and you will see mostly Ghana boys and girls as young as 13 years, all of them either sending fake scam emails or posting fake photos on dating sites to deceive people. The difference is that the Ghana boys add charms (SAKAWA) to their 419 scams which is why they die young. In drug trafficking Ghanians are very active as well. Each time a BLACK African drug baron is caught in London he is either a Nigerian or Ghanaian. Nigeria is the most corrupt country in Africa followed closely by Ghana.
I have lived in Ghana, married to a pretty Ghanaian lady, have been to all regions in Ghana. When you travel round Ghana you start to appreciate Nigeria. Nigeria is poor but Ghana is far much poorer. Nigerian leaders are corrupt and so is Ghanaian leaders. Nigerian police is corrupt and so is Ghana police. You can commit any crime in Ghana and get away with it as long as you pay bribe. Just like Nigeria, there is massive corruption in all areas of Ghanaian economy. An average Ghanain custom officer or post office staff will prefer you to pay bribe and collect parcel/goods than issue you official government receipt. Why are Ghanaians not worried about the massive corruption in Ghana? Why are they so much worried about Nigeria and its citizens? Great number of Ghanaians are illiterates. 4 out of every 10 Ghanian boy/girl you meet in Ghana cannot speak English. Have you ever met any Nigerian girl that cannot speak even pidgin English? Stop 10 taxis in Accra and 4 of them dont speak English and yet Ghanaian's will tell you they have good schools and stuff?

An average Ghanaian derives so much joy spending alot of time insulting Nigerians, any crime committed in Ghana they blame it on Nigerians when in reality the Ghanians are the crooks themselves. I was in Ghana when armed robbers broke into a bank in dome area of Accra. That same day the entire Ghana nation as a whole started calling all Nigerians to be deported, claiming it was Nigerian criminals that broke into the bank. From market women to radio stations etc. As a result, dozens of innocent Nigerians were arrested and detained at the Dome/Kwabenya police stations. But after thorough investigations, they arrested the 7 Ghanaian bandits that committed the crime, still they didnt release the Nigerians for free, they had to pay bribes to gain freedom,
I am not saying Nigeria is perfect. Just imagine what Nigeria will look like if we get little support from the government. We are not asking for too much, just give us steady electricity and you will see Nigeria develop by itself and compete with Brazil/India/China. I am a proud Nigerian, i know about our problems and i wish that our leaders will have a change of heart. But I dont know why Ghanaians like to talk about Nigerians instead of the most important problems in Ghana. In Ghana, day in day out they are discussion about Nigerians, when in real sense we Nigerians dont give a mess about Ghana. Let us leave Ghanaians to their ignorance. While they are busy attacking us, wise Nigerians are busy making too much money and buying up everything in Ghana. Very soon Ghanaians will be slaves in their own country. When Ghanas under 20 team won the world cut in Egypt all Nigerians and Africans celebrated with them. Most Nigerian shops in Ghana gave free drinks to everyone, including my own bar in Accra. Nigerians in Nigeria and all over the world celebrated in different ways, same thing happened during the last world cup in South Africa. But when it was Nigerias turn, these fat, poor, obese ugly Ghanaians were shouting that Nigeria's under 17 team were age cheats, instead of being happy that an African team has done well. What further evidence do we need to prove that Ghanaians are not our brothers? Are they telling us these ugly Ghanain footballers like Appiah and Essien are using their real age? Is there ant crime Nigerians commit that Ghanians dont commit? Their envy and jealousy will kill them, Nuf said
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2011
16 pages, on top one stupid ghana song wey no go make it past ghana shocked shocked shocked shocked. Abeg, Gbawe cool down o
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Aug 07, 2011
naijababe:

16 pages, on top one silly ghana song wey no go make it past ghana shocked shocked shocked shocked. Abeg, Gbawe cool down o

Ummmmm . . . with all these pages, it has already made it pass ghana. . . . these people have given him more publicity than what he ever dream oh
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Mobinga: 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Nyameke = Mobinga ? undecided. . . .
Don't be ridiculous.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Rhino5dm: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2011
Busted huh! ssmh

Mobinga:

Don't be ridiculous.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2011
cap28:

If ever there was a delusional pontificating individual  full of hot air and unecessary self importance it is you Mr Gbawe, come down from your undeserving position of self importance and start living in the real world like the rest of us.

What "self-importance" ? You are just ignorant about Ghana . That is all. you don't know anything about Ghana and you are just arguing blindly and ignorantly. if you believe the garbage that Ghana is full of Nigerian hustlers then I can tell you to look under your sofa as i hid £2,000.00 there today !!!!

Yes, i see no reason why nigerians who claim to be the giants of africa have to run to ghana to make a living, why cant they make a livign in nigeria if the country is so great?  By the way Nigerians are the most intolerant set of human beings on the face of this planet so you would do well to do away with your crass hypocrisy, if nigerians loved each other so much, [b]why were northerners massacring igbos in the north, why were igbos betrayed by the yorubas?  Adolf Hitler though a crackpot was defending the national and cultural integrity of his nation hence is decision to rid his [/b]country of the jews who he saw as the enemy, nigeria has no nationalistic movement because it is not a united nation -  the people within it fight and kill each other in order to gain power and control over the other tribes.

Will you listen to yourself ? Why don't you just reveal what is really bothering you, indicated by the bolded section above, instead of this rigmarole ? You keep repeating Garbage that continue to expose your real motivation.  So the Nigerian posted to Accra to work for his Nigerian bank or Even his British or American Company has "run to Ghana to make a living" ? You just keep regurgitating the same verbose ignorance. Soon you will advocate for Nigerians to be killed merely because they are from Nigeria.

You are  in no position to assume the moral high ground when it comes to discrimination and bad treatment,  because Nigerians are highly intolerant of other black africans.  Funnily enough this intolerance evaporates into thin air the minute you see oyibo people, which is evident from the way whites abuse, exploit and generally take the piss out of nigerians IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY. do you think black south africans would tolerate the kind of abuse from whites that nigerians put up with on a daily basis?

The more you try ,out of sheer desperation, to make the crime fit the man (Nigeria) by force the more you resort to falseness . So black South Africans are the now the model of Blacks standing up to whites while Nigerians are the opposite? I keep saying you are ignorant about Ghana but it seems you are ignorant about Africa in general !!! Good lawd !!!! you claim Nigerians are highly intolerant of other black Africans. Did you get that garbage from the hate websites you attend because there is certainly nothing on the ground to support your attempt to demonize Nigerians by force. Was it "intolerant" Nigerians who took to the street in South Africa to begin attacking other Africans? You are just clutching at straws with lies and fabrication. There is no way you can factually prove that Nigerians are worse than anyone else as per intolerance of other Africans . That is a figment of your excitable imagination.

Are you not ashamed of the way nigerians kow tow to white expatriates IN NIGERIA but treat each other like garbage?
The only time people like you grow a pair of balls is when you are around other africans - cowards!

It is only an ill-exposed and hateful person like yourself who will think what you write above does not happen , to a far greater extent, across Africa. Like I said before , is it Nigeria that is the top African destination for western sex tourism or Ghana and Senegal? Go and find out. You cannot just argue subjectively and without using tangible facts and examples. If we are so subservient to "white expatriates" then certain indices should glaringly demonstrate this consistently rather than the isolated incidents you allude to that is seen everywhere in Africa. There is no wholesale subjuagtion of Nigerians by "whites expatriates" in Nigeria and you are blatantly lying inferring that to be the case. Is it white expatriates who do everything for us to include even running every single franchised restaurant chain in Nigeria? Are tantaliser, TFC, Chicken Republic , Mr. Biggs et al owned by "white expatriates" ? Please stop this embarrassing display of ignorance !!

Save your self pity for someone who gives a shi.t - if nigerians were more humble towards other africans they would not be victims of the so called bad treatment that you refer to.

With people like you, and many haters, Nigerians are damned if they do and damned if they don't so it really does not matter.

No, im just knocking the unoriginal, copy cat nigerian musicians who think that they are doing something ground breaking by mimicking (very badly) african american artists, there are other african artistes that are original and stick to their own brand of music ie the congolese and south africans  and i have a lot of respect and admiration for them but if you think im going to give undeserved praise to those wanna be phony nigerian rappers you've got another think coming.

Like I said, your arguments are simply retrofitted and ridiculous !!!!! You realise we are in the global age where popular culture is dictating , more and more, what young folks do? You think Congo and SA does not have "wannabe" rappers? It is no surprise it is only Nigeria you accuse of something common across Africa . Do you know the music scene at all? How many of our top musicians are acclaimed for a "phony Nigerian rapper" style that sees them copying Americans ? Is it Tuface Idibia, P-square, Dbanj, DJ Zeez, J Martins, Timaya, Wande Cole, Terry G, Dagrin (RIP), Bracket et al ? What is wrong with you? Why are you lying and hating your nation shamelessly like this ? Are you blind not to notice guys like 9ice who has received acclaim for his innovative style that sees him fusing modern ballards with Yoruba lyrics , adages and core culture?

bla bla bla whine whine whine, your words are like white noise in my ears, high pitched, irritating and inconsequential, ive said my mind, you can take it or leave it - the choice is yours.

White noise is far better than lies, fabrications and demonization of others by hook or by crook.

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jmaine: 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2011
Cap28 is busy yapping what he knows nufin about . . . you actually exposed your mask of ignorance and undue mischief in your attempt to sound incoherently intelligent . . . Damn . . . c'mon popular naija musik  . .you still dey yarn confirmed akpata  . . .
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Mobinga: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Busted huh! ssmh

The phuck? Busted what? You think I have the phucking time to open another account just to drive home a point? Please don't be ridiculous.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
jmaine:

Cap28 is busy yapping what he knows nufin about . . . you actually exposed your mask of ignorance and undue mischief in your attempt to sound incoherently intelligent . . . Damn . . . c'mon popular naija musik  . .you still dey yarn confirmed akpata  . . .

Thank you !!! False argument upon false argument just to peddle garbage.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by jrtorrents: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

An average Ghanaian derives so much joy spending alot of time insulting Nigerians, any crime committed in Ghana they blame it on Nigerians when in reality the Ghanians are the crooks themselves. I was in Ghana when armed robbers broke into a bank in dome area of Accra. That same day the entire Ghana nation as a whole started calling all Nigerians to be deported, claiming it was Nigerian criminals that broke into the bank. From market women to radio stations etc. As a result, dozens of innocent Nigerians were arrested and detained at the Dome/Kwabenya  police stations. But after thorough investigations, they arrested the 7 Ghanaian bandits that committed the crime, still they didnt release the Nigerians for free, they had to pay bribes to gain freedom,  
I am not saying Nigeria is perfect. Just imagine what Nigeria will look like if we get little support from the government. We are not asking for too much, just give us steady electricity and you will see Nigeria develop by itself and compete with Brazil/India/China. I am a proud Nigerian, i know about our problems and i wish that our leaders will have a change of heart.  But I dont know why Ghanaians like to talk about Nigerians instead of the most important problems in Ghana. In Ghana, day in day out they are discussion about Nigerians, when in real sense we Nigerians dont give a mess about Ghana. Let us leave Ghanaians to their ignorance. While they are busy attacking us, wise Nigerians are busy making too much money and buying up everything in Ghana. Very soon Ghanaians will be slaves in their own country. When Ghanas under 20 team won the world cut in Egypt all Nigerians and Africans celebrated with them. Most Nigerian shops in Ghana gave free drinks to everyone, including my own bar in Accra. Nigerians in Nigeria and all over the world celebrated in different ways, same thing happened during the last world cup in South Africa. But when it was Nigerias turn, these fat, poor, obese ugly Ghanaians were shouting that Nigeria's under 17 team were age cheats, instead of being happy that an African team has done well. What further evidence do we need to prove that Ghanaians are not our brothers? Are they telling us these ugly Ghanain footballers like Appiah and Essien are using their real age? Is there ant crime Nigerians commit that Ghanians dont commit?  Their envy and jealousy will kill them,  Nuf said

Naturally I wouldn't have responded to this pile of garbage, but since you chose to to spew a bunch of lies it only fair that i respond to you in equal measure.

No Ghanaian have every said Ghana is a paradise, you could visit any of the popular Ghanaian and see for yourself how people complain about what is happening in Ghana, but in spite of all the setbacks in Ghana, life in Ghana is light years ahead of life in Nigeria. Its only Nigerians who by virtue of inhumane lifestyles they are forced to live under who see Ghana as a paradise once they visit there.

Ask yourself who every well to do Nigerian wants to own a property in Ghana, Ask yourself why Nigerians have chosen Ghana as their number one holiday destination, Ask yourself why Nigeria Banks/companies  want to enter the Ghana by hook or crook.

I have been to Nigeria on several occasions with Nigerian friends I met in Europe and I can tell you for a fact that its more than a war zone over there. You couldn't get out at night without having to travel with a convoy  for fear of armed robbery. And when  sunsets the whole so-called plush neighborhood turns into massive factory because every household have to resort to generator. Streets are stark dark, Police are as corrupt as hell , and for what reason ? Its only Nigeria that you will come across Agberos who can extort money from everyone and the police can't do a thing.

Ghana has a higher mortality rate, better literacy rate, better standard of living. Ghana ranks number one safest country in Africa (Used to be Tunisia)and the number 2 (ranged 26 worldwide) on the World Press Freedom Index.

You people like to pretend that's its only Ghanaians who don't like you whiles in fact you sleep and eat Ghana over there. Its only Nigeria that ministers of state use public forum to lash out Ghana for no reason. If I could refresh your memories just have a look at the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321101.0.html

Nigeria as a country as an identity problem, the whole world sees Nigeria in a certain light which might not be what the true situation is, If you like just have a look at CNN and take a good look at the comments when Nigeria ever gets mentioned

What bought about this whole argument was just a simple song, something which could have been laughed over and brushed aside, but what did you do? You decided to bring the whole country into the fray and bash us for no good reason
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Mobinga: 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
Naturally I wouldn't have responded to this pile of garbage, but since you chose to to spew a bunch of lies it only fair that i respond to you in equal measure.

No Ghanaian have every said Ghana is a paradise, you could visit any of the popular Ghanaian and see for yourself how people complain about what is happening in Ghana, but in spite of all the setbacks in Ghana, life in Ghana is light years ahead of life in Nigeria. Its only Nigerians who by virtue of inhumane lifestyles they are forced to live under who see Ghana as a paradise once they visit there.

Ask yourself who every well to do Nigerian wants to own a property in Ghana, Ask yourself why Nigerians have chosen Ghana as their number one holiday destination, Ask yourself why Nigeria Banks/companies  want to enter the Ghana by hook or crook.

I have been to Nigeria on several occasions with Nigerian friends I met in Europe and I can tell you for a fact that its more than a war zone over there. You couldn't get out at night without having to travel with a convoy  for fear of armed robbery. And when  sunsets the whole so-called plush neighborhood turns into massive factory because every household have to resort to generator. Streets are stark dark, Police are as corrupt as hell , and for what reason ? Its only Nigeria that you will come across Agberos who can extort money from everyone and the police can't do a thing.

Ghana has a higher mortality rate, better literacy rate, better standard of living. Ghana ranks number one safest country in Africa (Used to be Tunisia)and the number 2 (ranged 26 worldwide) on the World Press Freedom Index.

You people like to pretend that's its only Ghanaians who don't like you whiles in fact you sleep and eat Ghana over there. Its only Nigeria that ministers of state use public forum to lash out Ghana for no reason. If I could refresh your memories just have a look at the link below.

Nigeria as a country as an identity problem, the whole world sees Nigeria in a certain light which might not be what the true situation is, If you like just have a look at CNN and take a good look at the comments when Nigeria ever gets mentioned

What bought about this whole argument was just a simple song, something which could have been laughed over and brushed aside, but what did you do? You decided to bring the whole country into the fray and bash us for no good reason

Finally! Someone with sense! I'm Nigerian and I approve this!

Phucking ignoramuses
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
Mobinga:

Finally! Someone with sense! [b]I'm Nigerian [/b]and I approve this!

Phucking ignoramuses

And I am a Klingon from the Planet Romullan  !!!!
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Mobinga: 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
I'm no traitor or sellout, I'm just neutral. I'm not oblivious of the truth, and I would not feign ignorance.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Gbawe: 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2011
Mobinga:

I'm no traitor or sellout, I'm just neutral. I'm not oblivious of the truth, and I would not feign ignorance.

relax my friend . I am just telling you I am a Klingon from Romullan  wink Only a madman would doubt you are Nigerian.
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by RickyRoss1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2011
jrtorrents:

You are a complete fool, please show us proof where Ghana is the safest country in Africa and has better standard of living than Nigeria? I own properties in Ghana and every rich man i know in Ghana owns generators just like Nigeria. Most Ghanaians do not own generating sets simply because they cannot afford it. I have shops in Dome and can confirm to you there is serious power cut in Achimota, dome, kwabenya and pillar two areas of Accra since 2 days now. No day passes in Accra without the light going on and off like 5 times a day just like many parts of Nigeria. You talk as if Ghana has reliable power?

Ghanaians are too poor, they do not travel. Nigerians travel alot as you can see, and Hell NO Ghana is not our number one tourist destination. Most rich Nigerians spend their vacation in Dubai, Europe and America. The few Nigerians who visit Ghana do so because they can not get visas to Europe and besides, Ghana is cheap.

It seems you are blind? Nigerians own properties in Ghana and many other parts of the world, from America to Asia to Europe. What we have in Ghana is very small compared to what Nigerians own in places like UK? I have businesses and properties not just in Ghana but in many other places. I plan to penetrate the Asian market starting from next year. I have a target to be in at least 30 countries before my 40th birthday. It is called investment. All Nigerian banks operating in Ghana has offices in at least 8 other countries. UBA bank Nigeria is in more than a dozen countries around the world. Just check each Nigerian bank in Ghana and confirm for yourself. Silverbird is the only world class cinema in the whole Ghana and it is owned by a proud Nigerian. Silverbird is not only in Ghana, they are in south Africa, Kenya and many other parts of Africa. It is called expansion. My friend it is called EXPANSION is an evidence of growth. The Chinese companies have a plan and dream to lead/dominate in every country on earth and they will achieve this in no distant future. Can you mention a single Ghanaian company that has operations outside of Ghana? Are you not ashamed that even in your Ghana you guys are too lazy and too poor to compete with foreigners. Every airline in Ghana is foreign owned, just like the banks, insurance companies, shopping malls and all the 5 star hotels etc? The only business Ghanaians know how to do very well is prostitution/PIMPING and selling of (phone) recharge cards,

Ghana is not safe as you are trying to claim. There are many parts of Accra you dont dare in the night. I know many people who were robbed off their belongings by street boys who usually rob with cutlass and machetes. You know this is true. These boys usually operate in areas where there is no streets lighting. I know many taxis drivers dont operate in the night in Accra because of armed robbery. I know many Ghana boys use power bikes to rob in the night. You and I know that last year the Ghana police banned the use of motor bikes in the night because that is what Ghana boys use to rob restaurants, bars, drinking spots etc in the night. I know Ghana too well my friend so please spare me your lies. Ghana is not safe at all. If Ghana is safe as you claim why are there over 10,000 Ghanaian refuges in Togo alone? Are you not aware of the crisis in Northern Region of Ghana? Safe countries in Africa and the rest of the world do not have their citizens living as refuges in other countries.

As for your CNN rubbish, pls tell me when and where have you ever heard CNN saying anything good about Africa as a whole? CNN is owned by white supremacists and they only focus on negative things that happen in Africa bc they do not want Africa to grow. CNN doesn't say anything good about Ghana or any other African country for that matter. I personally know a Ghanaian friend that destroyed his DSTV decoder in Accra bc of all the negative news coming from CNN. It was this same CNN that told the whole world that Ghanaian criminals are responsible for 75% of all car theft in Canada/USA. They proved that most stolen cars in Canada end up in car shops in Accra. FBI was able to apprehend some of the criminals with the help of the Accra auto dealers who work hand in hand with these criminals. It is this same CNN that showed the whole world how Dubai gold buyers lost over 50 million USD to Ghanaian gold scammers. According to the CNN documentary, some Dubai gold buyers paid for gold but the Ghanaian scammers sent them containers of ordinary sand and some of the containers didnt contain anything at all. Tell me how did these containers leave Ghana ports without the connivance of Ghana customs? I have access to CNN, and i never see them saying anything good about Ghana. Each time there is African news on CNN it is always on the negative my friend. So just shut your fat, ugly mouth and leave Nigerians alone. We dont give a mess about Ghana. Aboa funu. wo ho a enye fe!

1 Like

Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by White007(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
President Atta Mills - Madam speaker, Madam Speaker, i didn't even know how to translate it to opopopiopiopio.

Chai!Lwkmd  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Thank God We're Not Nigerians" New Hit Song From Ghanian Singers by Hoodrat(m): 11:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
List of Nigerians

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This list may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (Consider using more specific clean up instructions.) Please improve this list if you can. The talk page may contain suggestions. (September 2009)
Nigeria portal
This is an incomplete list of notable Nigerian people, it includes some but not all overseas Nigerians (see also List of Nigerian Britons and List of Nigerian Americans)[/b][/b][/font]
Contents [hide]
1 Human Right Activists
2 Military
3 Musicians
4 Actresses / Actors
5 Artists
6 Media
7 Writers
8 Businesspeople
9 Religion
10 Sportspeople
10.1 Soccer
10.2 Basketball
10.3 Athletics
10.4 American Football
11 International Models
12 ICT Professionals
13 Medicine and Science
14 Reference
[edit]Human Right Activists

Gani Fawehinmi
Olisa Agbakoba
Dele Giwa
Aminu Kano
Fela Kuti
Beko Ransome-Kuti
Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti
Olikoye Ransome-Kuti
[edit]Military

Sani Abacha
Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi
Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida
Muhammadu Buhari
Theophilus Danjuma
Oladipo Diya
Yakubu Gowon
Tunde Idiagbon
Murtala Mohammed
Ike Nwachukwu
Olusegun Obasanjo
Paul Omu
Dangiwa Umar
Victor Malu
Martin Luther Agwai
Owoye Andrew Azazi
Alexander Ogomudia
Alwali Kazir
Chris Alli
Aliyu Mohammed Gusau
Salihu Ibrahim
Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu
C. Odumegwu Ojukwu
[edit]Musicians

Fela Kuti
Aṣa, Singer and songwriter
9ice
Femi Kuti
Sir Victor Uwaifo
King Sunny Ade
Tunde Adebimpe of TV on the Radio
Sade Adu, singer of Sade
Dr. Alban, Sweden-based musician and producer
Tunde Baiyewu (B-), former member Lighthouse Family now solo musician
Adé Bantu
Shirley Bassey
Banky W.
Naeto C, Stormz Rekords.
Timi Dakolo, winner Idols West Africa, 2007, singer, song-writer, record producer
D'banj
Edoheart, singer, poet, butoh dancer, visual artist and performance artist
2Face Idibia
Nneka (singer), Nigerian-German hip hop/soul singer and songwriter
Fela Kuti (1938–1997), pioneer of Afrobeat music, and Political Activist
Lagbaja Afrobeat Singer-Songwriter, Instrumentalist, Producer, Multi-Award Winner
Lemar Obika, Nigerian-British R&B singer and songwriter
Ezebuiro Obinna, Leader of Oriental Brothers
Kele Okereke of Bloc Party
Ogbogu Okonji
Orlando Owoh
P-Square
Seal (musician) two-time Grammy Award-winning English/Nigerian Soul Vocalist and
Wunmi (Nigerian-British) singer; former dancer with Soul II Soul
Taio Cruz (Nigerian-British) singer
Jude Abaga M.I.
Wale (rapper) (Nigerian-American) rapper
Chamillionaire (Nigerian-American) rapper
Tinie Tempah (Nigerian-British) singer
Onyeka Onwenu
Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe
Sikiru Adepoju, Musician
Tyler the Creator (Nigerian-American) rapper
[edit]Actresses / Actors

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
Chioma Chukwuka, Actress
Liz Benson, Actress
Regina Askia, Actress
Richard Mofe Damijo
Ramsey Nouah, Actor
Rita Dominic, Actress
Megalyn Echikunwoke
Chiwetel Ejiofor, actor
Carmen Ejogo Actress
Olu Jacobs, Actor
Genevieve Nnaji, Actress, former Face of Lux
Stephanie Okereke, Actress
Sophie Okonedo, grammy nominated actress (Hotel Rwanda)
Jim Iyke, Actor
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Nigerian-British Actor
Hakeem Kae-Kazim
[edit]Artists

Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy MBE, Nigerian born, Royal Portrait Artist, Public Speaker, UEA Hon. Doctorate
Ndidi Dike - female artist
Benedict Chuka Enwonwu MBE (Ben), Royal Sculpture Artist, Professor of fine arts, Government Advisor
Chris Ofili Studied at Chelsea School of Art and The Royal College of Art, Turner Prize winner, creator of some controversial work.
Yinka Shonibare MBE, work includes sculpture, painting, photography, and installation art
[edit]Media

Babatunde Jose (1925–2008), journalist and newspaper editor, "grandfather of Nigerian journalism"
Femi Oke, CNN international TV anchor
Bobby Ologun, television personality in Japan and martial artist
[edit]Writers

Chris Abani
Chinua Achebe Man Booker prize winner 2007 with citation by Nadine Gordimer as 'Father of Modern African Literature'
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Orange Band prize winner 2007
Elechi Amadi
Cyprian Ekwensi
Daniel O. Fagunwa
Dan Fulani
Abubakar Imam
Uzodinma Iweala
Okey Ndibe
Gabriel Okara
Ben Okri (born 1959), poet and novelist, Booker Prize winner 1995
Ola Rotimi
Ken Saro-Wiwa
Wole Soyinka (born 1934), poet, playwright and novelists, awarded Nobel Prize in Literature 1986
Amos Tutuola (1920–1997)
Further information: List of Nigerian poets
[edit]Businesspeople

M. K. O. Abiola
Aliko Dangote, Chairman, Dangote Group
Francis Edo-Osagie
Shafi Edu
Henry Fajemirokun
Samuel Fawehinmi
Cletus Ibeto
Michael Ibru
Anastasios George Leventis
Adeola Odutola
Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu
Festus Okotie-Eboh
Lawrence Omole
C. T. Onyekwelu
Bisoye Tejuoso
Bamanga Tukur
Ade Tuyo
Mathias Ugochukwu
[edit]Religion

Pastor Enoch Adeboye, General Overseer Redeemed Christian Church of God
Bishop David Oyedepo ,Founder of Living Faith Church Worldwide ,a.k.a. Winner's Chapel and Chancellor of Covenant University.
Sheikh Dr. Abu-Abdullah Adelabu, Ph.D Damascus, Founder and Al-Amir (i.e.) President of Awqaf Africa and Awqaf Africa Muslim Open College, London, United Kingdom
Peter Akinola, Anglican Primate of Nigeria
Francis Arinze, Cardinal
Matthew Ashimolowo, Kingsway International Christian Centre KICC London
Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, founder Christ Apostolic Church, worldwide
Samuel Ajayi Crowther
Dominic Ekandem
Sheikh Abubakar Gumi
T.B. Joshua Church Of All Nations (SCOAN), Lagos; Founder of Emmanuel TV
Bimbo Odukoya, Fountain of life church Lagos
Anthony Olubunmi Okogie, Catholic Archbishop of Lagos
Chris Okotie
Chris Oyakhilome Founder of Believers LoveWorld Incoporated, a.k.a Christ Embassy.
Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi
Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky
Prof. Wande Abimbola, Ifa Priest
Archbishop Benson Idahosa, (Church of God Mission International Benin City.
[edit]Sportspeople

[edit]Soccer
Peter Odemwingie- westbrom
Victor Anichebe - Everton
Tunji Banjo
Chibuzor Chilaka
Christian Chukwu
John Fashanu
Nwankwo Kanu played in 1994, 1998 and 2002 World Cup finals
Obafemi Martins - Wolfsburg F.C.
Mikel Obi - Chelsea F.C.
Segun Odegbami
Austin "Jay-Jay" Okocha (born 1973)
Nedum Onuoha - Manchester City
Yakubu - Everton
Rashidi Yekini
Joseph Yobo - Everton
Garba Lawal
Sani Kaita
Oguchi Onyewu
[edit]Basketball
Kelenna Azubuike - Golden State Warriors
Yinka Dare - New Jersey Nets
Obinna Ekezie - professional basketball player
Emeka Okafor - New Orleans Hornets
Hakeem Olajuwon
Michael Olowokandi (born 1975, in Lagos, Nigeria)
Ime Udoka - San Antonio Spurs
Mfon Udoka - Detroit Shock,Houston Comets,Los Angeles Sparks
Andre Iguodala - Philadelphia 76ers

[edit]Athletics
Chioma Ajunwa first Nigerian Olympic gold medalist
Olusoji Fasuba Nigerian sprinter
Phillips Idowu British triple jumper
Richard Ihetu (Dick Tiger) former World middle weight boxing champion
Francis Obikwelu Portuguese sprinter
Samuel Peter WBC world heavy weight champion
[edit]American Football
Victor Abiamiri - Philadelphia Eagles
Victor Adeyanju - St. Louis Rams
Devin Aromashodu - Chicago Bears
Nnamdi Asomugha - Oakland Raiders
Oshiomogho Atogwe - St. Louis Rams
Brendon Ayanbadejo - Baltimore Ravens
Akin Ayodele - Miami Dolphins
Remi Ayodele - New Orleans Saints
Isaiah Ekejiuba - Oakland Raiders
Samkon Gado - St. Louis Rams
Israel Idonije - Chicago Bears
James Ihedigbo - New York Jets
Kenny Iwebema - Arizona Cardinals
Ade Jimoh - Washington Redskins
Ovie Mughelli - Baltimore Ravens
Chinedum Ndukwe - Cincinnati Bengals
Ikechuku Ndukwe - Kansas City Chiefs
Ogemdi Nwagbuo - San Diego Chargers
Uche Nwaneri - Jacksonville Jaguars
Ben Obomanu - Seattle Seahawks
Chris Ogbonnaya - St. Louis Rams
Adewale Ogunleye - Chicago Bears
Frank Okam - Houston Texans
Chike Okeafor - Arizona Cardinals
Amobi Okoye - Houston Texans
Christian Okoye - Kansas City Chiefs
Frank Omiyale - Chicago Bears
Kenny Onatolu - Minnesota Vikings
Brian Orakpo - Washington Redskins
Jeff Otah - Carolina Panthers
B.J. Raji - Green Bay Packers
Tony Ugoh - Indianapolis Colts
Osi Umenyiora - New York Giants
[edit]International Models

Agbani Darego - Winner of Miss World 2001
Oluchi Onweagba - Winner Mnet face of Africa competition 1998
[edit]ICT Professionals

Philip Emeagwali, 1989 Gordon Bell Prize winner
Gbenga Sesan, Information Technology Youth Ambassador
[edit]Medicine and Science

Olumbe Bassir - Biochemist and nutritionist
Adeoye Lambo - Psychiatrist
Eyitayo Lambo - Health Economist and Technocrat
=====================================================================

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce Tweets About Looting And APC / DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH / Abioye Oladeji: IPOB Terrorists Kidnap A Yoruba Man & Threaten To Kill Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.