Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars (1839 Views)

Innoson Cars May Be Used As Official Cars For National Assembly / Ghana Buys Innoson Cars For Presidential Campaign(photos) / Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars by dudubody: 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
Fellow nigerians, i am begging us all to start buying Nigeria made cars,it will help the economy,plus why wasting money wen u can get it cheaper in naija. look at ankara for example,even the rich wear ankara now, thanks to obasanjo on that

1 Like

Re: Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars by sooperrescue(m): 4:36am On Jul 11, 2014
Which car? peugeot or innoson?
Re: Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars by DECOtech(m): 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
sooperrescue: Which car? peugeot or innoson?
All of the above. Including nissan
Re: Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
dudubody: Fellow nigerians, i am begging us all to start buying Nigeria made cars,it will help the economy,plus why wasting money wen u can get it cheaper in naija. look at ankara for example,even the rich wear ankara now, thanks to obasanjo on that

I've said it before the FGN should dim pose a 250% tax on imported new cars and give Innoson 50% of it as an interest free loan and the other 50% for the auto industry as a loan to motivate development.

Some other developing countries have this use tax.

Innoson on their part needs to develop a peoples car just like when Austin Mini and VW Beetle were developed. Something for the masses that is not a death trap or looks like something a primary school kid designed.

They can license the Nissan Versa and Toyota Rav4 and make CKD units from them.
Re: Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
CityNG:

I've said it before the FGN should dim pose a 250% tax on imported new cars and give Innoson 50% of it as an interest free loan and the other 50% for the auto industry as a loan to motivate development.

Some other developing countries have this use tax.

Innoson on their part needs to develop a peoples car just like when Austin Mini and VW Beetle were developed. Something for the masses that is not a death trap or looks like something a primary school kid designed.

They can license the Nissan Versa and Toyota Rav4 and make CKD units from them.

Bros not everyone can afford a brand new car.
Re: Innoson Cars Vs Imported Cars by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
cne010:

Bros not everyone can afford a brand new car.

Absolutely correct and I don't buy new cars as a matter of policy unless there's a deal going on that makes it a fiscal irresponsibility not to buy new (0% financing, $5k rebates, etc).

This is what I said that Innoson should consider making available a peoples car, the VW Beetle/Austin Mini example was such that it was designed and marketed to ordinary folks.

Also, when you flood the river, all the boats will rise at the same level. Using this analogy if the FGN subsidies new cars then we will quickly have a flood os used cars because the high earners will be able to upgrade.

This is my thinking anyways.

(1) (Reply)

2002 Toyota Camry For Sale / 2021 Toyota Yaris Cross Unveiled With Hybrid And AWD / Toyota Camry 2011 or Mercedes Benz C350 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.