Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" (4984 Views)

See The Nkwobi And Ugba That I Made This Afternoon / THE Nkwobi/IsiEwu Scam! / Nkwobi And Isi Ewu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" by binhozie(m): 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
I've eaten both, and they taste the same to me
But i hear people specifically ordering them differently
So i want to know which is a better deal?
At the same price e.g 1000 naira each which is better and why?
ThanksĀ  smiley
Re: Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2011
Ukwobi is cow feet, isiawu is goat head smiley
Re: Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" by blank(f): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
the taste should not really be the same but i guess the main spice which is potash is present in both.

The difference is the type of meat. Nkwobi is tendon, joints, cow's feet while Isiewu is goat head with the brain used to make the paste. The price for the two can never be the same per plate.
Re: Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" by binhozie(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2011
blank:

the taste should not really be the same but i guess the main spice which is potash is present in both.

The difference is the type of meat. Nkwobi is tendon, joints, cow's feet while Isiewu is goat head with the brain used to make the paste. The price for the two can never be the same per plate.

very informative smiley
So which is better and why. C'mon there has to be one you prefer?
Re: Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" by blank(f): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2011
I don't like Nkwobi at all. Can not stand it. Don't understand why i should eat bones with little meat. But isiewu is another matter. I insisted on eating it even when i was pregnant. I can make it very well. Just chill with it, a glass of cold drink and watch your favourite team. That is pure bliss.
Re: Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" by binhozie(m): 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
blank:

I don't like Nkwobi at all. Can not stand it. Don't understand why i should eat bones with little meat. But isiewu is another matter. I insisted on eating it even when i was pregnant. I can make it very well. Just chill with it, a glass of cold drink and watch your favourite team. That is pure bliss.

I'm vindicated cheesy
Re: Pls Whats The Difference Between "nkwobi" And "isiewu" by babaowo: 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2011
@blank pls i need recipe for inkwobi and insiewu and how to cook it,pls i will be highly appreciate if u can help me out,thanks.hav mis those food lol

(1) (Reply)

What 10000 Naira Can Buy In A Nigerian Market Of Today / Fiesta Dishes | Impress Your Guest With This Recipe / How Do You Prepare Your Indomie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.