Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Gold In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gold In Nigeria (10254 Views)

Need Info On Where To Buy Gold In Italy / Where Can I Buy Quality Gold In Lagos Or Naija / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold In Nigeria by omega25red(m): 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
Good day all

so i dont know where else to post this but what state in Nigeria would you say is known for gold minning?

i watched this show called gold rush and these guys went to Alaska to mine for gold and now that gold is worth $1,000 plus an ounce on the market ideas are flodding my mind.

so what state in Nigeria is known for gold and is gold minning still common in nigeria?
Re: Gold In Nigeria by sholatech(m): 12:35am On Aug 06, 2011
Kogi, Osun, Niger and Zamfara States have Proven Gold Deposits
Re: Gold In Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 8:09am On Aug 06, 2011
i wonder if the quantity available in these states is worth mining. The government over the years have shown a lackadaisical attitude to gold and other solid minerals, no thanks to the "black gold".
Re: Gold In Nigeria by worry246(m): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2011
Plenty of E-Mails floating about from Nigerians offering "Trunk boxes" full of gold dust.
You only have to pay a small amount of money for barrister to clear paperwork & the box is yours.
Must be easyer than all that hard work digging! grin shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Gold In Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:09am On Aug 06, 2011
I read about Osun some months back
juts found these

with a video: http://korrectnation.com/?p=10836

Chinese Firm Begins Gold Mining in Osun State

The  Company spokeman said its previous trip to Osun State's gold mine and  various analyses it conducted  on samples it took to China, convinced it that it should start "100 per cent business," in Osun State . He said the seriousness of the governor on the agreement earlier signed and the hospitality displayed by the  people during an earlier visit, were pointers to the fact that the company could do business with Osun State.

"We are not here to find out whether there is gold or not. We are here to do business. We have come with engineers and other staff with the necessary equipment. In the next one and a half years, the company plans to commit about N1 billion into the project," he said.

newspaper
Re: Gold In Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:12am On Aug 06, 2011
A top Australian mining company, CGA Mining Limited, announced on Wednesday at the Mining Indaba Conference in Cape Town, South Africa, that it would be investing in a Ilesha, gold mining project in Osun State, which would yield a minimum production profile in excess of 100,000 ounces a year.

Speaking at the third day of the conference, which attracted mining executives, investors, analysts, financiers, journalists and policy makers from around the world, the President and Chief Executive Officer, CGA Mining Limited, Mr. Micheal Carrick, explained that the company already had a 51 per cent stake in the Segilola Gold Project in Osun State.

The announcement by CGA was obviously Nigeria’s best sales pitch at the conference and a confirmation that the country was immensely endowed with solid minerals begging to be exploited by investors.

The project is considered to be the most advanced gold exploration project in Nigeria and is held by Segilola Gold Limited in joint venture with its partner, Tropical Mines Limited, a Nigerian company owned by local investors and the Nigerian Government.

Describing the preliminary results from the gold project as exceptional, Carrick confirmed that Nigeria had great geological potentialities, especially as the Ghanaian belt, which hosted gold production of more than 20 million ounces extended down into Nigeria.

According to him, “We have proven very high quality maiden resource of over 620,000 ounces.

“This maiden resource has been generated from a first pass drilling campaign of 12,166 metres in 119 holes ranging in depth from 40m to 220m.

“The deposit lends itself to being exploited by open pit mining methods. The metallurgical characteristics of the ore are amenable to fully conventional CIL processing techniques.

“We have only drawn down to 150,000 metres, but the grade is 6.7 grams per tonne and the recovery is 96 per cent.

“The deposit remains open along strike (existing strike length of 1.9km) and at depth and there is a substantial evidence of parallel zones of mineralisation.”

http://ndn.nigeriadailynews.com/templates/?a=23083

I think the Quantity in Osun is viable
Re: Gold In Nigeria by omega25red(m): 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2011
Thanks for the info much appreciated.

my father's family is from that area Osun that is, i wonder if they know anything more.
This world economy is scary and the only thing that seems constant is the price of gold. i hope the nigerian govt do not allow the chinese to mine because they dont een treat our folks well in their country and they are known for taking short cuts to get the result they want as in eco distruction.
Re: Gold In Nigeria by vennerip: 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
THe problem with gold in Nigeria is its export if you do it correctly and you own the land correctly your gonna get hit for a royalty up front of 3% lots of fun and games on this by people who do not understand the paper and sell side of metal in the USA or Switzerland.
Re: Gold In Nigeria by omega25red(m): 2:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
vennerip: THe problem with gold in Nigeria is its export if you do it correctly and you own the land correctly your gonna get hit for a royalty up front of 3% lots of fun and games on this by people who do not understand the paper and sell side of metal in the USA or Switzerland.
3% royalty is not bad at all in my opinion. Compared to the u.s where you pay for the land , you pay for the licenses needed, you pay property taxes and then after you sell the gold and make money you pay uncle sam some more taxes.

So do you know or have any contacts?
Re: Gold In Nigeria by vennerip: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
NO its when you own the land, have the CO and proper paper work and its 3% of the estimated gold reserves of the property. 3% up front is a joke its actually kind of assinine in the mining industry so in the current market gold doesnt get sold and the benefits do not go back to legal miners and community. On the refining side Its too much of a hassel for a gold refiner to risk sending a heavy jet @ 5,500.00 hour min and be highjacked for a huge amount on a large load of metal. Customarly a royalty is paid after fire assay and refining to 99.9999% and very few people have the ability to do electrolitic refining serveral in europe and 4 in america maybe a few more. Secondly as Gold has fallen and we may see $ 900 usd an ounce before we reach consolidation this sort of stuff just waist time and money.
Re: Gold In Nigeria by omega25red(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
interesting point. so you actually believe gold will fall to $900 an ounce? if it does do you think it will come back up and settle. if so what mark do you think it will settle on?

By the way are you a commodities trader?
Re: Gold In Nigeria by vennerip: 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
We feel you will see a recovery to the $1475 USD OZ to $ 1550 USD OZ an ounce level and then another crash a bottom of $1100 USD OZ to $1250.00 USD OZ at that point consolidation and then over the next few years a continuation of the run up as ccountries go bankrupt and we move towardws a new global trade currency. I trade quite frequently in paper and physical precious metals. Many folks dont relize gold for example has a side of mining then refining then the financial side of this includig the hedge.
Re: Gold In Nigeria by omega25red(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
vennerip: We feel you will see a recovery to the $1475 USD OZ to $ 1550 USD OZ an ounce level and then another crash a bottom of $1100 USD OZ to $1250.00 USD OZ at that point consolidation and then over the next few years a continuation of the run up as ccountries go bankrupt and we move towardws a new global trade currency. I trade quite frequently in paper and physical precious metals. Many folks dont relize gold for example has a side of mining then refining then the financial side of this includig the hedge.
have you ever bought raw gold for resale?
Re: Gold In Nigeria by vennerip: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
Yes I trade hard metal, scrap and paper (hedge) We shoud see another roud of large blocks of metal ( central bank sales) come on the market soon. We have a up tick right now it may go up and down a few times before we have a hard bottom in price. It may finish the down play in price and we can consolidate and start to move forward again. You will see a much higher price than the peak someday in the future. As Far as Nigerian gold I truly think something needs to be done to help the artisinal miner be able to export, refine his gold and a fair process for a metal buying office and a little honesty and ease on getting export permits for samples and larger quantites out of the officials, They need to copy ghanas way of doing business its very eary and can be done and exported easily.
Re: Gold In Nigeria by makphilip: 9:23am On Jul 09, 2014
omega25red: Good day all

so i dont know where else to post this but what state in Nigeria would you say is known for gold minning?

i watched this show called gold rush and these guys went to Alaska to mine for gold and now that gold is worth $1,000 plus an ounce on the market ideas are flodding my mind.

so what state in Nigeria is known for gold and is gold minning still common in nigeria?

Good morning Everyone I need someone to help me Out, do anybody know exactly the address of where the gold mining is taking place . it's urgent I will like if someone can help me out.
Re: Gold In Nigeria by petiteangel: 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
Good Morning Everyone, Pls can anyone help me out in which state can i get PLATINUM, RHODIUM and PALLADIUM metals
Re: Gold In Nigeria by GeneratnMOTHER: 1:36am On Feb 07, 2019
There is a family that I know of, they have a land that has gold in osun. They want to know if reporting to government will pay them better because they don't have C of O of the land.

(1) (Reply)

How Poor Planning Led To Failure Of Abuja Urban Mass Transport Scheme / Allied Air Cargo Crashes In Ghana Kills 10 / 10 Reasons Why “danfos” Make Lagos A Dangerous Place To Commute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.