Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Power Through Your Hands- Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Power Through Your Hands- Pastor Chris (2204 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Power Through Your Hands- Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 9:03am On Aug 06, 2011
. . .And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed Exodus 17:11.

Our opening scripture refers to an account in the Bible where Moses told Joshua to take soldiers and go fight Amalek. Joshua did as Moses instructed, but as for Moses, he decided to go to the top of the hill, with Aaron and Hur whilst Joshua battled the Amalekites. As the battle progressed, Aaron and Hur made a remarkable observation.

Now, God hadn’t said to Moses to lift up his hands but Aaron and Hur discovered that every time Moses’ hands went up as they were on the mountain, Israel prevailed in battle against Amalek. But when His hands came down, Amalek prevailed. So it was about Moses’ hands. The victory-power for the children of Israel in that particular battle, as it were, was through the hands of Moses. In the twelfth verse, Aaron and Hur, upon noticing that Moses was getting weak, made him sit down while they both held his two hands up, one of them on either side until it was sun-down.

God’s people having the victory as long a Moses’ hands were lifted towards heaven reveals something quite significant about the lifting of our hands to the Lord. There’s a profuse effusion of divine power as we lift our hands in prayer and worship. No wonder the Apostle Paul said,

“I would that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting” (1 Timothy 2:cool.

So when you lift your hands up to the Lord and pray, you activate the heavenly powers and make them available in your behalf. And while your hands are still lifted high, you’ll begin to receive victory signals in your spirit.

Right away you may as well as well lift hands towards heaven and talk to the Lord in prayer. Worship Him from the depths of your heart, forgetting about yourself and whatever turbulent or challenging situation you might be in. Do this, knowing that your victory is inevitable as you worship and praise Him in the beauty of holiness, with your hands lifted high.

Confession
Dear Father, thank you for helping me through your Word and your Spirit to discover all you’ve deposited in me. I lift my hands to you right now in appreciation and acknowledgement of your wondrous love for me and great miracles in my life! I declare that the lifting of my hands would continually be to you as the evening sacrifice, as you lead me daily in triumphant processions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Psalms 141:2
Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

(1) (Reply)

World Wide Web And 666 / Are Cryptocurrencies Fulfiling Bible Scriptures of one world currency? / Translations Helpful In Understanding The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.