Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! (12113 Views)

I Gave N600 Million To George, Odili,bafarawa,nwobodo,others-ex-minister Yuguda / GOV.FASHOLA,ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU GET N600 MILLION BULLET PROOF JEEPS / Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by HighChief4(m): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2011
Governor of Lagos State,Babatunde Raji Fashola and his political Godfather,Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu just took delivery of new acquisitions.

Source identified the buy as three bullet proof cars- Jeeps- with bomb detector apparatus and surveillance cameras.

Findings revealed that two of the purchase are with Governor Fashola for official usage as the helmsman of Lagos state. Asiwaju Tinubu is said to have one to his name as party leader.

The brand of the bullet proof cars is identified as Toyota Prado Jeep.

The cost of each jeep- including handling, registration, insurance and other fees- is two hundred million naira. The three jeeps are valued at six hundred million naira.

The cars are customized- by special order.

It is however believed that the Lagos state government footed the bill for the cars.

The three automobiles were reportedly bought for Asiwaju Tinubu and Governor Fashola on grounds of 'security'

Insiders revealed that the two political figures have not gone public with their jeeps.

http://news.gkrom.com/articles/govfasholaasiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu-get-n600-million-bullet-proof-jeeps
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by seanet02: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2011
And so what? Btw where is the link?
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by HighChief4(m): 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^^Please dont bring tribalism into this thread, rather lets talk about these corrupt politicians. Its heartbreaking that Fashola that some people are even trying to project for 2015 can engage in such financial misappropriation. Tinubu is nothing but a thief. See links below

http://news.gkrom.com/articles/govfasholaasiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu-get-n600-million-bullet-proof-jeeps

http://www.talkofnaija.com/News/newsdetailsone.aspx?NewsId=58759DA3-440D-4FF5-A6B4-2D51504338F4

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/12652/3/govfasholaasiwaju-bola-ahmed-tinubu-get-n600-milli.html
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by okstol: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2011
That's the problem of Nigerians. Just imagine Seanets reaction. Nairaland is now a home for ethnic battles. I'm totally disappointed with some folks in this forum.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by ziga: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2011
Source also revealed that those Prada jeeps have jet engines that have the capability of launching into outer space in case there are serious riots as a result of these developments.

Shiorrr. Bullsh1t report!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by EkoIle1: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
Though this is a bogus story, but so freeking what?

You clowns realy need to get a damn life.

Btw, I heard the jeeps fit drive inside water and fire rockets.

Dumbos. Lmao
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by GAR3TH(m): 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2011
The way some newspapers write their stories just so they can get attention is truly sad. How does the title say and the article imply that the jeeps will be owned by Fashola and Tinubu.

Everyone knows it was lagos' "security service" and ACN's "security service" who bought these vehicles.

In others words the vehicles that lagos "security service" bought is meant for the governor and the vehicles that ACN's "security service" bought is meant for the party leader.

Once Fashola and/or Tinubu leaves their position, the vehicles will be used for the next candidate.

So once again, Fashola and Tinubu do not own the vehicles, Just like president obama does not own the presidential limousine. Its the security service who owns it.

On a side note, no credible newspaper is reporting this story, so I'll have to question it authenticity.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by djustice: 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2011
I don't like both Tinubu and Fashola, because I know they're both fleecing Lagosians through their companies, Alpha Beta, LCC, Hitech and Infinity which all belong to Tinubu, and Plycon, which belongs to Fashola, but I doubt the veracity of this story.

Fashola would have to be either really stupid or so far gone he doesn't know what he's doing anymore, to bill the state N200m for a car that costs no more than N60m at MAXIMUM SPECIFICATION, delivered to your door, and that is the Landcruiser B7 option. Prado platform would be considerably cheaper, because of the propensity for rolling under that sort of anti-ballistic weight.

If this story is true, both Fashola and Tinubu will be in jail for a long time after Fashola leaves office.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by ak47mann(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2011
Na 2day ACN party don finish be that grin grin
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by amarilo: 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2011
I blame GEJ for this if true.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by deor03(m): 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2011
High_Chief:

Governor of Lagos State,Babatunde Raji Fashola and his political Godfather,Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu just took delivery of new acquisitions.

Source identified the buy as three bullet proof cars- Jeeps- with bomb detector apparatus and surveillance cameras.

Findings revealed that two of the purchase are with Governor Fashola for official usage as the helmsman of Lagos state. Asiwaju Tinubu is said to have one to his name as party leader.

The brand of the bullet proof cars is identified as Toyota Prado Jeep.

The cost of each jeep- including handling, registration, insurance and other fees- is two hundred million naira. The three jeeps are valued at six hundred million naira.

The cars are customized- by special order.

It is however believed that the Lagos state government footed the bill for the cars.

The three automobiles were reportedly bought for Asiwaju Tinubu and Governor Fashola on grounds of 'security'

Insiders revealed that the two political figures have not gone public with their jeeps.

Typical of lazy unfounded journalism
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by koruji(m): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2011
Vultures manufacturing carcases so they feed on it.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by EkoIle1: 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
djustice:

I don't like both Tinubu and Fashola, because I know they're both fleecing Lagosians through their companies, Alpha Beta, LCC, Hitech and Infinity which all belong to Tinubu, and Plycon, which belongs to Fashola, but I doubt the veracity of this story.

Fashola would have to be either really silly or so far gone he doesn't know what he's doing anymore, to bill the state N200m for a car that costs no more than N60m at MAXIMUM SPECIFICATION, delivered to your door, and that is the Landcruiser B7 option. Prado platform would be considerably cheaper, because of the propensity for rolling under that sort of anti-ballistic weight.

If this story is true, both Fashola and Tinubu will be in jail for a long time after Fashola leaves office.

I bet if iask you to provide proof to show that both men own the comps you mentioned, you go just come up another ignorant market women rubbish.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2011
can we see the picture of the cars cuz i don't know if prado jeeps come in bulletproof.only the cruisers that i know of
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by djustice: 12:33am On Aug 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

I bet if iask you to provide proof to show that both men own the comps you mentioned, you go just come up another ignorant market women rubbish.

I bet if I asked you to Bleep off, you wouldn't. Get back to your anus-osculating duties at Marina, or is it Bourdillon sef these days. Eko ni ile tani? O je wa ile fada e lo si Iragbiji. Iwo to ti sonu tipe wo?

Meanwhile, there is abundant evidence of the financial involvement of Tinubu in the aforementioned companies, and no matter how much you and your ilk defend him, someday, you will all pay, cos we will hunt you down the way the Nazis are still being hunted down, wherever they are in the world, thinking people have forgotten.

You think you can do all the rubbish Tinubu did to the likes of Ganiyu Dawodu and get away with it? Don't worry. Keep amassing wealth and see whether on the final day, money will save you. You can see what has happened to Mubarak. Your turn is coming.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by ektbear: 2:36am On Aug 07, 2011
This sounds sketchy. The price per vehicle is too high. 200 million per? $1.3 million for an armored jeep? In the neighborhood of $400k is how much I have heard these cost, not $1.3 million.

Hrm, bk.babe from what he has said earlier would know how much this type of truck will cost.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with them buying it, the issue I think is the price.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by uyiscott: 2:51am On Aug 07, 2011
pdp,acn they are all the same imagine how edo state governor is misbehaving
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by EkoIle1: 3:08am On Aug 07, 2011
djustice:

I bet if I asked you to bleep off, you wouldn't. Get back to your anus-osculating duties at Marina, or is it Bourdillon sef these days. Eko ni ile tani? O je wa ile fada e lo si Iragbiji. Iwo to ti sonu tipe wo?

Meanwhile, there is abundant evidence of the financial involvement of Tinubu in the aforementioned companies, and no matter how much you and your ilk defend him, someday, you will all pay, cos we will hunt you down the way the Nazis are still being hunted down, wherever they are in the world, thinking people have forgotten.

You think you can do all the rubbish Tinubu did to the likes of Ganiyu Dawodu and get away with it? Don't worry. Keep amassing wealth and see whether on the final day, money will save you. You can see what has happened to Mubarak. Your turn is coming.

You clowns are just dakn too predictable, I was expecting you to show us your proof to back up your ignorant claims, not to spew the same dumb rubbish.

You are just another rumor spewing market woman with air brain.

Btw, what's here to defend? Was a crime commited or this rubbish and funny is even enough to spit on?
How many id do you cowards need to hide under just to spew the same dumb nonsense?
Many of you have serious mental issues for real.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by Lokoyen(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2011
now a governor cant buy customised jeep because people will talk, make una leave d gov alone e deserves it, wen u bcome gov use beetle or keke napep nobody go talk,
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by Demdem(m): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2011
djustice:

I bet if I asked you to bleep off, you wouldn't. Get back to your anus-osculating duties at Marina, or is it Bourdillon sef these days. Eko ni ile tani? O je wa ile fada e lo si Iragbiji. Iwo to ti sonu tipe wo?

i'm really interested in any of those abundant evidences. Kindly share pls
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by atasteve: 8:43am On Aug 08, 2011
hummmmmm
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by GMcompere: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2011
OMG!!!

How can a bullet proof prado cost 250million Naira
Even Obama's car is not up to this amount.

Kai!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by grabdbull: 9:13am On Aug 08, 2011
Once again, we are seeing those actors who were quick to roll out the drums and engage in a macabre dance when Al-Mustapha told us he had "revelations" on tape concerning those who collaborated to "sell" MKO, take to the floor again. These same people were missing in action when the Al-Mustapha tapes turned out to be less weighty than an episode on Sesame street. You would have expected them to come out and apologize for insulting a whole race with such ethnic bile when their hero Al-Mustapha turned out to be a fraud; but no, these guys have no honor or dignity, so they won't.

On the issue of bullet-proof jeeps, why not wait till we have a more reliable source before we start commenting? I mean, what is gkrom? One Ghanamma posts on gkrom and some Nigerian starts criticizing Fashola.

That notwithstanding, even if it turns out to be true, we now need to ask - is it legal? Are the jeeps reasonably priced. Was the money sourced from the N200m monthly security vote which no Governor in Nigeria is required to account for? If it turns out that security vote was spent on security, does that make Fashola crooked. Also the critics can check online and give us the price of such custom made, bullet-proof Prado jeeps with bomb detectors and security cameras. Then we will know that they are serious minded critics and not just rabble-rousers.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by omar22(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2011
[size=18pt]A professor of mine once said, "In a democracy, you get the leaders you deserve. "[/size]
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by Geomel: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2011
well is not a new thing to us as Nigeria,all we need from the government is to provide job opportunities for the masses,so that they can take care of their  family,not by buying jeep of such amount.
www.geomelgroup.org
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by hardbody: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2011
I am looking the other way!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by Abayomin70(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2011
ziga:

Source also revealed that those Prada jeeps have jet engines that have the capability of launching into outer space in case there are serious riots as a result of these developments.

Shiorrr. Bullsh1t report!!!
guy that one is a very big lie

Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by lawmanlala(m): 10:40am On Aug 08, 2011
Considering d security situatn in d country, i think a Gov.using a bulletproof car is a bad idea. D only issue here is d alledged 600m naira 4 d 3 cars. I believe d amount has bn exaggerated by d poster.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by oracular: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2011
this is so crazy, no environmental intervention fund for canal flushing, what kinda bullet proof car? is it an armoured tank?
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by Benez: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2011
These Ibo guys will not be allowed to destroy our heritage. Ngige bought a bullet proof jeep whilst he was the gov of Anambra in which he had an accident within a week and the jeep was a write off. Fashola constructed a lot of roads, built hospitals, schools e.t.c this media forum did not report all these. A former gov in d east was alleged to have collected money from job seekers under the pretence of getting them jobs. Jobs, he did not provide, money, he did not refund. Pls treat ur wound b4 attending to others.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by werepeLeri: 11:27am On Aug 08, 2011
I wonder what these monkeys would have said if the report said the jeeps were for GEJ. Fools.
Re: Gov.fashola,asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Get N600 Million Bullet Proof Jeeps ! by djustice: 11:28am On Aug 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

You clowns are just dakn too predictable, I was expecting you to show us your proof to back up your ignorant claims, not to spew the same dumb rubbish.

You are just another rumor spewing market woman with air brain.

Btw, what's here to defend? Was a crime commited or this rubbish and funny is even enough to spit on?
How many id do you cowards need to hide under just to spew the same dumb nonsense?
Many of you have serious mental issues for real.

Let me ask you this, omo-Iragbiji-nile, and I sincerely hope that your cocaine addled brain (we know you've been sniffing the residuals from Tinubu's cocaine infested anus) will understand the questions:

1. When was Alpha Beta formed and who are the shareholders?

2. For a company to take on the "contract" assigned to it by Oju-Yobo (Tinubu), it should have had some kind of track record. Could you tell this house what Alpha Beta's track record was prior to 1999?

3. I put it to you that it had NONE. ZERO. No history prior to May 29, 1999, yet Bola Oju-Yobo Amoda Ogunlere Tinubu saw fit to kick out Adekanola and Co, a company with a very good track record, only to replace them with an unknown, hitherto non-existent company. If that is not at least evidence of abuse of office, and a clear indication of conflict of interest as well as a pointer to the possibility of the most heinous type of official racketeering to NORMAL, SENSIBLE, RIGHT-THINKING, MORALLY UPRIGHT people, I don't know what is. Of course, we all know that all the aforesaid qualities cannot under any circumstances be attributed to your cocaine sniffing boss, Tinubu, or to you, his anus osculating lackey, so we understand your fake indignation!

4. Who is the owner of Deux Projects, and what was their track record prior to being awarded an eye-watering multi-billion naira "contract" for the "upgrade" of LASUTH, for which they were paid 80% in advance? 80% of N5.2billion upfront!!! Is that not corruption? Again, the cocaine in your system will shout no, and you will start pouring smoke from every orifice in your faeces perforated body. Ode!

God Almighty will punish all those who are stealing from Lagos, you, Ojuyobo Yekini Amoda Ogunlere, a.k.a. Bola Tinubu (that name belongs to a woman who attended Chicago State University, by the way), Fashola and everybody else they're sharing their ill-gotten wealth with, unto your generations. Of course, if you're not sharing out of the loot, you have nothing to fear and need not respond to this. If you respond, we know how you eat. Ode!

I could go on, but I'll stop for now and let you come and do your usual useless verbal gymnastics and bring your fake fire and brimstone on behalf of those whose faeces you've been eating for years now, Fashola and Ojuyobo!

Ode!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback:50 Quotations From Chief Obafemi Awolowo / Defamation: Ateke Tom Slams N1b Suit Against 8 Rivers APC Chieftains / 2023: "It's Time For Southeast To Produce President", Igbo Leaders Insist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.