Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again (22090 Views)

NFF Boss Drops Major Hint On Peseiro And Waldrum's Future / The Moment Daniel Amokachi Substituted Himself On And Scored 2 Goals(throw Back) / Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by robosky02(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2022
Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again

Former Super Eagles forward, Daniel Amokachi has disclosed that the outgoing President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick still has plans to remain on the job despite denying the fact that he’s not seeking a third term in office.

Recall that Pinnick had in an interview on Arise TV publicly declared he would work with whoever emerges as president after him, though he insisted there have been calls from different quarters persuading him to continue in office.

Pinnick, who has been in office since 2014, is the first Nigerian to hold the position of the NFF president for two terms. His second term is billed to expire on 20 September, 2022.

However, the Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on sports who spoke in a interview with Daily Trust stated that Pinnick should count himself lucky to have used two term in office compared to his predecessors.

“When you say a lot of people don’t believe what Amaju Pinnick is saying, I am a living testimony to what he can do when he says something. I was at the FIFA Congress. I was standing with FIFA president Gianni Infantino. He looked at me and said ‘this is my Technical Director. I was with the then CAF president Ahmad, he told him this is my Technical Director. And I was with the Hon. Minister of Sports, Chief Sunday Dare, and he told him the same thing.

“But the next minute when the media asked him, he denied. So, I won’t be surprised that he told Nigerians that he does not want it but deep down, the whole world knows he wants it. But he is just being greedy as a human being or a black Nigerian.

“Nobody in Nigerian history went for a second term and won but the heavenly Lord blessed you and you have done eight years. You are also a CAF and FIFA Executive member. So, what else do you want? If Nigerians say you have failed and they need a new hand, I think you should bow out and allow the right person to drive Nigerian football.

“You have made your contributions. Nigerians won’t dispute that. But let’s move on. We pray the next person that is coming would have the heavenly grace to lead Nigerian football.”

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi-pure-lies-pinnick-still-desperate-to-become-nff-boss-again/

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by blazingblender(m): 9:48am On Aug 20, 2022
If he said he is desperate
That means he is desperate na

38 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by robosky02(m): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2022
I think amaju should be considered for life time NFF presidency

He has done well.... He is even a FIFA executive

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by darocha1: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2022
Pinnick is going for picnic soon.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by HarlequinLekex: 10:37am On Aug 20, 2022
robosky02:

Haba you wan make him retire there,new hands must surely change things na

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by robosky02(m): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Haba you wan make him retire there,new hands must surely change things na

Hmmmm na
Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Tolexander: 11:11am On Aug 20, 2022
robosky02:

What well has he really done to deserve that?

54 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Vinnie2000(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2022
Amaju Pinnick should rest abeg!
He has looted enough, together with doz corrupt Alhajis!
Let a different, competent person take over!

36 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by do4luv14(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2022
why da bull sabi lie like this, Pinnick the first person to do 2terms as Nff president?,

chaiii

2 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Nikola188(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ok
Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by slawomir: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Normal Africans

3 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Melodydoctor: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by gaby(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
Thief Picnic.

Ole

Amokachi is obviously interested in the top job and must be whispering to Bubu and his wife already to help him bring it to fruition.

2 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Presidential1: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2022
Pinnick is a green snake

1 Like

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by princepee: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2022
it's like amokachi have interest in that position too.
Average human is greedy!
Not to talk about black man.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by dododawa1: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2022
Pinnick or what is your name,JAPA now before I catch you for not qualify us for WORLD CUP

1 Like

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by justdream(m): 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2022
Make this Picnic rest abeg. The man too greedy, if he really wants another term. E sure me say e go don rison were e go dey see money to invite comedians come warri, e mind no rest.

2 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by kingsways: 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
Pinnik has not done so well for Nigerian football, but he has certainly done well for himself, becoming CAF and FIFA Exco members.

I miss Galadima, Nigeria football did so well under him, and if Nigeria is a country that rewards excellence, he should have got a second term

9 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Nakuza(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2022
Why using the derogatory words like black Nigerian? Drive home your point without insult please.

3 Likes

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Cantonese: 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2022
Are they still in this matter?

They ruined the Nigerian league. The league is so uninteresting. Nobody cares about Nigerian football. All they do is loot, loot, loot and go home to rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by fasho01(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2022
Power drunk people everywhere in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by ASIWAJULEMIFORS: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
I don't know what he has achieved so far. Attending socials and travelling out for fun making .
Ask him to tell Nigerians the hood he has brought to footballing in nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by victorazy(m): 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
Oblver desperate sef
Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by austinvsb: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
Pinnick has done nothing to improve our local league. He has instead, contributed massively to its decline since he became NFF president.

If he doesn't leave that post, we may no longer have a domestic league by the time he finishes a third term. Such a useless NFF president!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Kingcalls: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
Its not in the DNA of Nigerians to resign or not to contest ..even if they know they hv nothing to offer

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
That Pinnick is a failure of an NFF president
No major trophy in his tenure and failure to qualify for AFCON and now World Cup
Dude is just shameless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by 123Map(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2022
Vote Peter Obi grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again by Rechargeam247(f): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
Seen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zidane, Potter, Pochettino And The Managers Who Could Replace Tuchel At Chelsea / Arsenal Sacked Wenger, He Didn't Step Down - Jack Wilshere / I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.