Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? (1381 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? / Islam The Religion Of Doom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by deols(f): 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2011
ammeerrahh./2011/08/05/ours-is-the-religion-of-peace-what-is-yours/

excerpts-

Looking at this innocent children takes me back to the good old days (old?? Can’t believe am already talking dat way!!) when I was very young and together with my siblings and other children around, was Innocently devoted to Allah.
Our dressing was never without hijab and the boys would occasionally wear caps. We already could perform ablution, pray salat, recite certain verses of the Qur’an off hand. We particularly knew the stories of the prophets, thanks to ’the rope of Allah’(a series of textbooks on primary school Islamic studies curriculum).We would compete on our knowledge of these and on the number of days we fasted.

The basics of Islam we learnt, at a time when our minds were not filled with how the day to day affairs of the world are run, when we didn’t know if anything became expensive nor were we aware of anything called terrorism.
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Dyt(f): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2011
Smiles
a religion i adore so much
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by mukina2: 11:18pm On Aug 06, 2011
u be muslimah? smiley
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Dyt(f): 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
Yh sure
i love wen ppl ask
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by mukina2: 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2011
ok nice, i have never seen you on this section before.
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Dyt(f): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2011
Mayb cos v nt seen sm enticin topics lyk dis
i blv mine s a religion of peace n rest of mind
dont care wat odas thinks of it
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by mukina2: 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2011
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Dyt(f): 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2011
winks
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2011
Me too i be muslim believer cool smiley smiley
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by mukina2: 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2011
oh toba . .oh toba smiley
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2011
Yes. all because of u. I can convert to Islam once u say yes to me smiley wink

Its up to u to prove me wrong cool
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2011
Smh at toba! You always here and there.

@op,
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2011
Busayo temi nikan. What ve i done this time?
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by yusuf2(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2011
Dyt:

Yh sure
i love wen ppl ask
shocked shocked shocked , you tooo?

bhusayor:

Smh at toba! You always here and there.

@op,
i hope the fasting if having a positive effect on that fantastic & breath taking curves of urs?

toba:

Busayo temi nikan. What ve i done this time?
can't u read signs? it says "military zone, keep off" , by the way, aw u dey?
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2011
Afar Yusuff, you are supposed to lower your gaze,particularly this season, so stop checking out feminine curves tongue!

Ows ramadan going?
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by yusuf2(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2011
Amirah Bhusayor, if i lower my gaze, aw wld i drive? u want me to get accident?  undecided  by the way, i did not gaze @ your curves, i only looked once, shey them say, looking once no be sin?  grin , ramadan is going fyn, can't believe it's half gone already. shocked
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2011
grin

The days are flying, I must confess
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2011
smdh ;d grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Araboy(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2011
Subhanallah meme ces nigauds sont ici aussi smh
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2011
Qu'est-ce que l'enfer est débile ur probleme? SMDH grin grin
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Scash(f): 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
LWKMD!!! Toba! is dt supposed to be french? And pls (lets make it a secret btw us) wat does SMH means
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Araboy(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2011
Seriously toba your french is so poor I could not understand what you talking about above  is that supposed to be French or Yoruba ? grin
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Dyt(f): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2011
Yusuf
m i supposed write in on my forehead?
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2011
Scash:

LWKMD!!! Toba! is dt supposed to be french? And pls (lets make it a secret btw us) wat does SMH means

Is that u on that pixs? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by mukina2: 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2011
smh look at what toba did to this thread
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2011
Moderator. Im a man of peace and lover of religion of peace
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by olawalebabs(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2011
Mine is Religion of peace.
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
yes wink smiley cheesy
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by deols(f): 7:09am On Dec 29, 2011
31st July, 2011
Since it wasn’t announced by the wee hours of today that the moon was sighted, it is obvious that tonight is the first taraweeh and fasting starts tomorrow. HURRAYY!!!!!!!!!!

I am in a village, starting a one week posting on Primary health care (PHC). I had felt bad at the thought of fasting here but on arrival, the thought faded, replaced by the awesome feel of the blessed month!

I had shed some tears earlier today because of the thoughts of how very hopeful I was at the beginning of the last ramadan, and how much  I believed I was going to continue with my good deeds after it and how much I did not succeed in doing that. But then, alhamdulillah that I have been given the grace to be alive now with the opportunity to be forgiven, get great rewards, work for aljannah and probably make better, more achievable resolution for the months before the next ramadan.

At d time for solatul Ishai, I felt so good, in my newly sewn Jilbab(I was going to be praying in this!). I walked towards the mosque happy, joined the many Muslims in the congregation in Observing Ishai and then taraweeh.

I did notice a lot here, but the most interesting to me was the kids I saw. The inner part of the mosque is for the men while the women and children are at the outer part, children in front and women at the back. I saw the children were in really lovelly clothes, I could have called new but wasn’t sure they are. One particular boy was donning a spotless white jalabiyya, I couldn’t but admire. This is a village but the sense of dressing well, even if occasionally is definitely not eluded.

Looking at this innocent children takes me back to the good old days (old?? Can’t believe am already talking dat way!!) when I was very young and together with my siblings and other children around, was Innocently devoted to Allah.
Our dressing was never without hijab and the boys would occasionally wear caps. We already could perform ablution, pray salat, recite certain verses of the Qur’an off hand. We particularly knew the stories of the prophets, thanks to ’the rope of Allah’(a series of textbooks on primary school Islamic studies curriculum).We would compete on our knowledge of these and  on the number of days we fasted.

I can remember I made a resolution to never break my fast again when while in JSS2, my younger brother who was in pry 5 fasted throughout ramadan. It was painful hearing him boast of that while I looked on, ashamed to mention how many I missed.

We would go for Arabic/Quranic  classes(ile keu) after school and during holidays attend Islamic vacation course(IVC), hmmn d good childhood days!!!! How Important IVCs were! Majority of the day to day supplications we use now were learnt there.

If you didn’t know ‘bismillahi wa ala barakatullah’, You did not attend IVC, I assure you smiley!

These days, it is rare to see children go to these kind of Arabic schools and the number of people who go for IVC is in decline. So many reasons are given by parents for this but I tell you, not justified.

The basics of Islam we learnt, at a time when our minds were not filled with how the day to day affairs of the world are run, when we didn’t know if anything became expensive nor were we aware of anything called terrorism.

Our Islam was the religion of peace, one that teaches good neighbourliness, good character, respect for parents, teachers and the elderly. One that provides solution to even the biggest of our problems.

Afterall if an ant was to attack you, all you have to say is-
‘Audhubikalimatillahitamat min sharri ma khalaqa’
And it did work and still does.

These learnt early on, am sure have kept many of us in the deen. We have been able to differentiate the Islam we knew from the one the world is making us see, d minstream media trying to make us believe.

We have remained steadfast and protective of our own because ours is the religion of PEACE!
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 29, 2011
yes cheesy
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2011
Re: Ours Is The Religion Of Peace- What Is Yours? by ayusman16(m): 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2011
Boko Haram, Osama, Mutallab and all these terrorists must be reading different Koran and are not Muslims grin shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quran Verses On The Walls Of Harvard University / Mashaallah... People Revert To Islam After Watching #mecca_live On Snapchat / 72 Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.