Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation (1287 Views)

Man Who Sells Vulture To People As Chicken Arrested In Abuja (photos) / ''Our Gods Will Punish Those Who Collect David Mark’s Rice Without Voting Him'' / Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2011
How do we insert the fear and worship of the into our leaders?

How do we make them listen to our voices, share our dreams, feel our pains and shed our tears?

How can we make them obey the constitution which says education and healthcare is a right not a business avenue?

How can we make them know the lack of amenities has negative psychological effects on the pride of the people and the nation?

you ideas are welcome, anything to change Nigeria. Ideological revolution is deeply needed in Nigeria. We should be brainstorming so it rains prosperity for our lands!
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by nolongTing: 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2011
Replace them, how? by creating new businesses they do not understand or control; if the business generates more money than oil they will become irrelevant. They know this, that is why they are always creating universities to make sure they can snap up the brainy ones in nigeria.
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by volasunkan: 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2011
Omoyele Sowore,Gani and Awo(its just coincidental they are S/westerners) have shown us how.

Sowore has proven that the leaders fear being exosed so he has popularised citizen journalism.We must continue to expose their shady deals!.We expose even their children,wives etc who are usually the major beneficiary of the stolen wealth.So,if they are your friends,relative,neighbours,clients etc,EXPOSE THEM!

Gani has used the instrumentality of the Law and personal activism/crusade to expand the frontiers of human liberty in Nigeria.Incidentally,you dont need to be a lawyer to do this(eg Beko,Ken Saro-Wiwa,Shehu Musa,Wole Soyinka,Tinubu etc),the issue of The NEPA act,Local Govt Law,party Registration Act,FOI Act,Rent Edict etc got reviewed/enacted as a result of sustained activism.Other areas we still need review are the stone-age 1953 Railway Act that present states,private investors from investing in Railway business,the Power Act which still places transmission act monopoly with FG,the Minerals/natural resources act which places oil/mineral acts with FG,the Land Use Act which makes it mandatory to obtain governors consent to confirm you own ur property! etc

Awo for advancing the need to provide free qualitative education and health to the people.His preference for agricultural development over-industrialisation and his motto of making life more abundant to the people.We must support our children,family etc  to get quality education.
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2011
nolongTing:

Replace them, how? by creating new businesses they do not understand or control; if the business generates more money than oil they will become irrelevant.  They know this, that is why they are always creating universities to make sure they can snap up the brainy ones in nigeria.

lol, You and I know that how solution is not real,

But on a second thought, what is real? if we can get us to brain storm on biig business venture that trumps oil revenue without the revenue going to them in taxes, we will strengthen our own economy without govt assistance etc, but whatever they do, affects us in a way, My first guess basically is  technology!! That is a win win for the people, We need to invest in technology that we can both export and also use to change our lives here, Either we invest in getting nerds from China, US, Canada etc, to come down to Nigeria and work here or we work with Nigerian tech creative people, Africa is our first market,

The above basically is my child brainstorm but I know it can get more sophisticated than that, Health care, education, The govt is heavily invested in this though poorly but compared to what we can invest, is small, I don't support the current educational system at all, The only area working is medicine and computing, Engineering and other area needed for tech advancement is a big shame, 90% of our so called "engineers" don't know where an alternator is in a vehicle,

But one thing though, I noticed the vocational schools are sick though frowned upon. I took my 505 to a workshop in 2004 when I was 16 lol!! the kid attending to me was my age, he diagnosed my car and basically told me what was wrong and also fixed it before his dad came, giving the kid a fighting chance by annexing creativity with his skill will make him a genius in engine work both creating, diagnosing, testing, enhancing etc, What I want to pick out is, having students being told what an engine looks like can never be as good as showing them, Practical schools are what we need to enhance technology in Nigeria,

To make them be able to create original tools, engines, etc, the professor teaching them must also be an aspiring genius, That is, the prof must be the kind either working on something that he will bring the student into. You know maybe working on a water ran engine etc, Also repetitive practicals to make sure everybody understands very well,

Am I high again or change is possible?
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2011
nolongTing:

Replace them, how? by creating new businesses they do not understand or control; if the business generates more money than oil they will become irrelevant.  They know this, that is why they are always creating universities to make sure they can snap up the brainy ones in nigeria.

lol,  You and I know that how solution is not real, 

But on a second thought, what is real? if we can get us to brain storm on biig business venture that trumps oil revenue without the revenue going to them in taxes, we will strengthen our own economy without govt assistance etc,  but whatever they do, affects us in a way,  My first guess basically is  technology!! That is a win win for the people,  We need to invest in technology that we can both export and also use to change our lives here,  Either we invest in getting nerds from China, US, Canada etc,  to come down to Nigeria and work here or we work with Nigerian tech creative people,  Africa is our first market, 

The above basically is my child brainstorm but I know it can get more sophisticated than that,  Health care, education,  The govt is heavily invested in this though poorly but compared to what we can invest, is small,  I don't support the current educational system at all,  The only area working is medicine and computing,  Engineering and other area needed for tech advancement is a big shame,  90% of our so called "engineers" don't know where an alternator is in a vehicle,

But one thing though, I noticed the vocational schools are sick though frowned upon. I took my 505 to a workshop in 2004 when I was 16 lol!! the kid attending to me was my age,  he diagnosed my car and basically told me what was wrong and also fixed it before his dad came,  giving the kid a fighting chance by annexing creativity with his skill will make him a genius in engine work both creating, diagnosing, testing, enhancing etc,  What I want to pick out is, having students being told what an engine looks like can never be as good as showing them,  Practical schools are what we need to enhance technology in Nigeria,

To make them be able to create original tools, engines, etc, the professor teaching them must also be an aspiring genius,  That is, the prof must be the kind either working on something that he will bring the student into. You know maybe working on a water ran engine etc,  Also repetitive practicals to make sure everybody understands very well,

Am I high again or change is possible?
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by ektbear: 4:29am On Aug 07, 2011
People as the gods of a nation? What does this mean?
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

People as the gods of a nation? What does this mean?

Meaning you the people creates a nation and without them, there will be no nation so the govt must do what will make the people happy!!!
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by aljharem3: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
love the topic,the idea and the whole concept

@OP

1. The people have to demand for this welfares

2. The people have to do some riots and if possible kill those leaders making people suffer like that of ghana

and lastly and the most important, the leaders themselves have to have self control and conscience . The have to fear Allah in everything they do and put the people first
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by ektbear: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2011
9jaganja:

Meaning you the people creates a nation and without them, there will be no nation so the govt must do what will make the people happy!!!

Hmm. What do you mean "the govt must do what will make the people happy?"

Sometimes the people want things that aren't good for them. That will make them happy today, very say in a year or 10 year's time.

I don't really believe in mob rule, I guess? And if you aren't careful, democracy can turn into that.

Most people will vote for the guy promising free amala and pounded yam for all. Yet clearly such politicians will only lead a country to suffering and long-term pain.
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hmm. What do you mean "the govt must do what will make the people happy?"

Sometimes the people want things that aren't good for them. That will make them happy today, very say in a year or 10 year's time.

I don't really believe in mob rule, I guess? And if you aren't careful, democracy can turn into that.

Most people will vote for the guy promising free amala and pounded yam for all. Yet clearly such politicians will only lead a country to suffering and long-term pain.

That is why I put "will" so whatever the long term result of their actions is must make the people happy which in turn must be good for them,

No hahahahha!! I don't believe in mob rule too and anyone promising me free amala should count -1 of his/her total votes,

But if you are not promising me free amala but instead when you get there, you will make sure that I never have to listen to anyone promising free amala because I can always get amala, then I will certainly vote for you,

The fear of the people should be the beginning of good governance. For instance Fashola destroying houses on drainage path. Many won't be happy with it but it's for the good and giving proper explanaition will calm the people down and help them see the importance of pulling down the houses,
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by Rgp92: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
Revolution my friend is the answer. Good government is not cheap. What we need to do is capture and execute all the current leaders and their families. After that no government will ever dare do something stupid again. I say again, it is not cheap. Some of us may die, but at last we died for what we believed in
Re: Awoism: Worship Of The People As The Gods Of A Nation by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
Rgp92:

Revolution my friend is the answer. Good government is not cheap. What we need to do is capture and execute all the current leaders and their families. After that no government will ever dare do something silly again. I say again, it is not cheap. Some of us may die, but at last we died for what we believed in

Hmmmm I wish I could do that but at the same time, I want the people to get intellectual while solving a problem. That way, we have a solution if such arises again, cool?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Must Speak Out Against This Ethnic Cleansing / Nigerian Economic Development Plan / Latest Press Release From Radio Biafra London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.