Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Skin Care - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Skin Care (225071 Views)

Spotting The Skin Types For Skin Care / Skin Care: 5 Tips For Healthy Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skin Care by RandV: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
Herbiorlah: Hey R and V! Thanks for ur good work. My issue is each time I take my bath with a sponge my body itches me so I use soap only to rub my body whenever I take my bath. But recently all my body itches me so badly even though I don't use sponge anymore, even if I shower with ordinary water dat I will not be able to put on any cloth for like 10-15 minutes. Pls can u recommend any soap or cream dat may cure dis or do u think its internal problem dat I may need to take some certain drugs?

Hi There,

I think you have some form of atopic dermatitis. You need to see a dermatologist or a pharmacist at best, who can recommend some form of medications for you. I do know about some dermatitis products, but I would prefer you consult with someone licensed to recommend.stronger oral and topical medications for you.

Let me know how you progress.

Regards
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
Lolladey: Hey doc, I need ur help. My three months old baby has rashes all over her face. It started when she was three weeks old and I used agnesia powder for a month or more and the rash disappeared but lightened her face. The rash reappeared when I stopped using the Powder, pls what can I use for her face?

Hi There,

I think its better you see your doctor. Stop using any products recommended by friends and family. The skin of your baby is too tender to be played with.

Please see your doctor for a recommended medication.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
tommiedynamic: gd morning sir, have been using funbact-a for ma face for a very long time now and it has been working pecfectly well but each time i tried to stop it i get rashes on my face which i dont like and now i dont want to use it again pls what can i do? Cos i dont really like the way my face is. thanks and God bless.

Hi There,

Stop using this product immediately. Give your skin time to purge itself off the dependency on steroids within the product. This may take a while, but your skin would definitely get back to normal again.

Try to also get restorative creams like Bion's Calcium topical capsules, ultra moisture renewal or bioessence calcium complex. They would also assist your skin with the withdrawal process.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
sameemki: hello, im a 3o year ols lady. on and off since puberty i have had a recurring acne problem, iv taken evrythng prescirbed and only seem not to break out while pregnant. iv been using demovate and stooped months baCK because the side effects were worse than when i staretd. unfortunately i have returned to use of topical cremes now using endix g though i am yet to see any results and feel itsn alleviating the issue. i dont know what else to do, the rashes r pescy and have spread form my t-zone around my face. i dont know what next to do.i havde used everything from benxoyl peroxide to antibiotics.

Hi there,

Stop using antibiotics and bp. The damage to the skin is far worse than the good it does.

Please my earlier posts on acne. Or better still, email me a picture of your skin to opeyemi.omezie@gmail.com Then I may be able to prescribe something specific for you.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
kenjudy: @op: since 2004 I discovered some funny rashes all over my back, sometimes a few of them on my side belly and my muscles and shoulders. I tot it was reaction to a cream I used sometime ago dat tried bleaching my sking which I stopped immediately after I discover d bleaching. Now my skin is back to it's normal color but d rash continues popping out. I've tried practically every cream prescribed but no way. D most annoying part of it is d black spots it leaves on my back. I use disinfectant all d time when bathing, and I don't rub cream cos I always feel hot and sweaty wen I do. Pls what do I do?

Hi There,

You see all these products that give funny side effects, usually contain steroids and steroids in turn mostly compromise the skin integrity. So it is quite possible that this is a delayed reaction to the product.

Now to recommend something for the rashes; can you send a clear pic of the condition to my email box? Its opeyemi.omezie@gmail.com Then we can take it on from there.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
Crown T: Hi R and V thanks for the good work you are doing here, God will bless you real good
i have pimple all over my face(only)and black sport as a result of the pimples,have tried using several product even the Neo-Medrol u prescribe but it only works for a while. my face really looks dull as if am older than my age. i really need help please.
Thanks

Hi There,

I usually recommend Neomedrol for hormonal acne, not all forms. You can read my earlier posts on acne.

As per the dullness of your face, you probably have the condition that is called retention hyperkeratosis. Its the condition whereby the normal skin shedding occurs at a faster rate than usual and then refuses to fall off, hence the overall dullness to the skin.

You need to have a professional strength exfoliation and an acne treatment done to generally open up your skin. Then home care products like antibacterial cleansers, green tea clay poultice should be part of your daily regimen.

This should help you greatly.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by Herbiorlah(f): 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
R and V:

Hi There,

I think you have some form of atopic dermatitis. You need to see a dermatologist or a pharmacist at best, who can recommend some form of medications for you. I do know about some dermatitis products, but I would prefer you consult with someone licensed to recommend.stronger oral and topical medications for you.

Let me know how you progress.

Regards
Thanks R and V, I'll definitely see a pharmacist asap and will update you.
Re: Skin Care by Kingspin(m): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
I commend what ur doing here, thanks. Plz doc. i think a have a combine skin but is that why my face regularly produces more oily far than other parts of the body.
Re: Skin Care by ayoolaoluwa: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hi... I av black spots on my legs and arms. I think itz due †̥ mosquito bites. Wat can i do. I nid †̥ get it cleared all within 2weeks.
Re: Skin Care by ayoolaoluwa: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hi... I av black spots on my legs and arms. I think its due †̥ mosquito bites. Wat can i do. I nid †̥ get it cleared all within 2weeks.
Re: Skin Care by menme: 9:58am On Jul 29, 2013
R and V:

Hi There,

I think its better you see your doctor. Stop using any products recommended by friends and family. The skin of your baby is too tender to be played with.

Please see your doctor for a recommended medication.

Regards,

Buy nizoral shampoo, it will clear off.
Re: Skin Care by lulukay(f): 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Hi r n v can u pls shed more light on exfoilation...iv dis stubborn blemish on my face and it kips coming back iv tried a very mild peel,a mixture of la,ga n kojic acid in my serum...it was so nice but as soon as it finishd the spot came back on dat same part of my face..and I'm soo sensitive..my first time trying any thing called a peel...pls wat can I do...altho will also love to come over to d store
Re: Skin Care by julicoka(f): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
hi am using so-white cream ad white-care liquid soap for a long time,then dis one am using now i put fair ad white oil to tune my colour i fould my self very dark pls what can i use now to tune my colour very urgent
Re: Skin Care by Obataosu: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2013
Dryness has made my legs to look like a wheelbarrow pusher (marks on d edge of my legs). Pls wat wil i do because it's been der over years and i have tried to eradicate dat mark from my legs, but i couldn't... Pls wat wil i do to eradicate those mark and also soften my legs.
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2013
Obataosu: Dryness has made my legs to look like a wheelbarrow pusher (marks on d edge of my legs). Pls wat wil i do because it's been der over years and i have tried to eradicate dat mark from my legs, but i couldn't... Pls wat wil i do to eradicate those mark and also soften my legs.

Hi there,

Can you send a picture of this condition to me? My email address is opeyemi.omezie@gmail.com

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
julicoka: hi am using so-white cream ad white-care liquid soap for a long time,then dis one am using now i put fair ad white oil to tune my colour i fould my self very dark pls what can i use now to tune my colour very urgent

Hi There,

Pleae read my previous posts on skin lightening. If you feel it does not cater adequately to your needs, then you may send a clear picture to my email address; opeyemi.omezie@gmail.com

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2013
lulukay: Hi r n v can u pls shed more light on exfoilation...iv dis stubborn blemish on my face and it kips coming back iv tried a very mild peel,a mixture of la,ga n kojic acid in my serum...it was so nice but as soon as it finishd the spot came back on dat same part of my face..and I'm soo sensitive..my first time trying any thing called a peel...pls wat can I do...altho will also love to come over to d store

Hi There,

Please send a picture to me. My email address is opeyemi.omezie@gmail.com

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by skinmdnatural: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
Skin MD Natural turns the outer layer of skin into what works like an invisible pair of gloves to keep the skin's own natural moisture in and the moisture robbing elements and irritants out. It was especially formulated for the face but our first 1000 test subjects and customers convinced us it was also an outstanding body and hand lotion.

Skin MD Natural has the most full and transparent disclosure of actual ingredients in the skin care industry, and we are currently serializing these on our Facebook page.

Skin MD Natural is an alternative to conventional moisturizing lotions and protective creams. Conventional lotions only attempt to replace natural moisture with artificial moisture but they don't really work because they constantly come off and must be frequently reapplied. They also send the wrong message to your skin that it is being adequately moisturized when it is not.

Skin MD Natural also has a fantastic new humectant (an ingredient that pulls in moisture from the air). Skin MD Natural's humectant pulls in 6 times the amount of moisture than the best humectant that was available prior to our introduction.

Skin MD Natural is also vital for those people who work with their hands who know they should be wearing gloves but do not or cannot or, gloves cause them skin irritation. If you know you should be wearing gloves but are not - at least apply Skin MD Natural. Here is a video that may be of interest to you. It shows Skin MD Natural protecting skin from rock-dissolving acid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMYqFO4qD2E

Many hundreds of articles have been published about Skin MD Natural. To view some of these feel free to Google "Skin MD Natural".

Shielding lotions, like Skin MD Natural, have also been prominently featured on the National Skin Care Institute's web site.

Feel free to review and Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/SkinMDNaturalAfrica or Follow us on LinkedIN - http://www.linkedin.com/company/skin-md-natural-africa or https://plus.google.com/109208747250143753647.

Re: Skin Care by martiiiii: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2013
Hi r n v
Thanx a lot for ur guide. Please am using a lightening cream that contains kojic acid,asafetida n alpha hydroxy acids,is it safe for my skin? Really want to knw the dangerous ingredients in a lightening cream. I have pimples n spot on my face,pls what can I do to get a clean n spotless face again,Thanx. #really worried#
Re: Skin Care by martiiiii: 11:22am On Sep 03, 2013
Re: Skin Care by martiiiii: 11:18am
Hi r n v
Thanx a lot for ur guide. Please am using a lightening cream that contains kojic acid,asafetida n alpha hydroxy acids,is it safe for my skin? Really want to knw the dangerous ingredients in a lightening cream. I have pimples n spot on my face,pls what can I do to get a clean n spotless face again,Thanx. #really worried#
Re: Skin Care by muhammedbilal(m): 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
pls what can i use to cure my vitiligo it is getting spread everyday pls i quick ans or you can contact me on 07039432992 hope to get replies very soon
Re: Skin Care by chuksisaac: 12:08am On Sep 04, 2013
@r nd v,my face has been colonized by wat i cal chronic pimple.4 more than 5yrs now,pls giv me clues on wat 2 do,nd pls i nid a cream datz gud 4 my dark complexion i wana luk fresh.n.b:got a oily face..thankz
Re: Skin Care by ithankgod1392: 2:56am On Sep 04, 2013
Hello pls i have this pimples problem on my face and spots after the pimples breaks.secondly which cream do you think i can use cos i just reloacted to u.s and they don't sell the type of cream am using in nigeria.i have a dry skin,fair complexion.i used fair and white cream in nigeria.please which cream do you think i can switch to that will be okay for my skin.
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
ithankgod1392: Hello pls i have this pimples problem on my face and spots after the pimples breaks.secondly which cream do you think i can use cos i just reloacted to u.s and they don't sell the type of cream am using in nigeria.i have a dry skin,fair complexion.i used fair and white cream in nigeria.please which cream do you think i can switch to that will be okay for my skin.

Hi There,

Please go through my earlier post on acne and treating of spots from pimples.

Now,as per a cream to use for your body; what do yu want to achieve? An even skin tone? Maintain suppleness and Moisture content? The thing about we Nigerians is that, we believe that it is only body creams that can make our skin good,hence the overflooding of our markets with cheap, dangerous products. It is not a must for you to use a cream to achieve the desired result that you want. For example, I do not use body cream for my body, because I sweat a lot. I only apply moisturisers to my legs because they are dry. Just determine the end result and we can start it from there.

Please revert as soon as you can.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
chuksisaac: @r nd v,my face has been colonized by wat i cal chronic pimple.4 more than 5yrs now,pls giv me clues on wat 2 do,nd pls i nid a cream datz gud 4 my dark complexion i wana luk fresh.n.b:got a oily face..thankz

Hi There,

Please go through my earlier post on acne and treating of spots from pimples.

Now,as per a cream to use for your body; what do yu want to achieve? An even skin tone? Maintain suppleness and Moisture content? The thing about we Nigerians is that, we believe that it is only body creams that can make our skin good,hence the overflooding of our markets with cheap, dangerous products. It is not a must for you to use a cream to achieve the desired result that you want. For example, I do not use body cream for my body, because I sweat a lot. I only apply moisturisers to my legs because they are dry. Just determine the end result and we can start it from there.

Please revert as soon as you can.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
martiiiii: Re: Skin Care by martiiiii: 11:18am
Hi r n v

Hi There,

Kojic Acid is a lightening ingredient that is an acceptable alternative to hydroquinone. AHAs are naturally occuring acids that assist with deep exfoliation, hence influencing skin cell turnover. I dont lnow what asafetida is.

What is the name of this cream? I may be able to do some reserach on it and identify other ingredients in it.

As per pipmles, you can read my earlier posts on acne. If you feel ot does not suit your needs, please let me know.

regards,
Re: Skin Care by martiiiii: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hi r n v
The name of the cream is CIKOHBTY herbal beauty,a natural Skin whitening system lotion.thanx alot
Re: Skin Care by Larrystan(f): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
I av dark patches,under eye circle,blackheads & pimples on my face. Whats d solution. Dis my email-babylarry2luv@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Skin Care by jaymee1(f): 10:45am On Sep 15, 2013
Hi R n V,
Please how do I get rid if rash on my 7weeks old babys face? She also seems to have dandruff (cradle cap sad. Help plz. Can I use endix-g cream on her face?
Re: Skin Care by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 15, 2013
lulukay: Hi r n v can u pls shed more light on exfoilation...iv dis stubborn blemish on my face and it kips coming back iv tried a very mild peel,a mixture of la,ga n kojic acid in my serum...it was so nice but as soon as it finishd the spot came back on dat same part of my face..and I'm soo sensitive..my first time trying any thing called a peel...pls wat can I do...altho will also love to come over to d store

@lulukay hi, what is the name of the kojic acid serum please?
Re: Skin Care by skinmdnatural: 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
ithankgod1392: Hello pls i have this pimples problem on my face and spots after the pimples breaks.secondly which cream do you think i can use cos i just reloacted to u.s and they don't sell the type of cream am using in nigeria.i have a dry skin,fair complexion.i used fair and white cream in nigeria.please which cream do you think i can switch to that will be okay for my skin.

Skin MD Natural shielding lotion is the ultimate dry skin mosturizer that would make your skin smooth, soft and silky. Check out www.facebook.com/SkinMDNaturalAfrica or send an email to sales@SkinMDNatural.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

I Need Help / 12 FOODS THAT INCREASE YOUR SPERM COUNT- PICTURES / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.