Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:34 AM

My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex (35876 Views)

When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't / What Should I Do If My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex ? / My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex Girlfriend What Do I Doo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Love44(f): 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2007
our relationship is based on complete honesty, at least that is what we strive for. 4 days ago he told me that he had something to tell me, something that could make me leave him. Anyway, he finally got around to tell me today. He said he got a call from his ex two weeks ago that the've been talking, that he finds himself still feeling something for her. of course i immediately said go ahead because i cannot be second fiddle to any man and i do not want to be with someone who is feeling someone else. he said that he has conflicting feelings, cares about me alot and has stronger feelings for me. he said telling hat girl about me has opened his eyes to the good things he appreciates about me. my immediate instict is to move ahead, but i don't know if that is a good decision since he wants to be with me.

People, please what do you think of this, what should i do?
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by uyai(f): 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2007
sorry Love44 i didn't know you were logged.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by OmoEko1(f): 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2007
@topic

Plz leave him becos if you don't, his going to be sneaking around with his ex gf and your whole relationship will be based on lies. Always remember every disappointment is a blessing beco you don't know what plan God has for you. So take heart by moving on with your life( everyone has gotten their hearts broken at one point of their life) like luther Vandross sang, Heart get broken all the time, you think its love, but it never really is..

Anyway good luck with you sha
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ikamefa(f): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2007
@topic you said it yourself he still has feelings for his ex

dump him! he either belongs to you totally OR he does not!

there are no half measures when it comes to love cool

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Skywalker5(m): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2007
That one no be your boyfriend ooooooo.Na guy wey u sabi. na the ex get am.

No b me talk oooooooo.Na you talk am yourself

walk away.guys plenty everywhere
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by vigasimple(m): 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2007
I have to diasgreed with the contributor so far.

If your boyfriend chose to tell you, then he need help to sort out the situation.

If he cannot make up his mind up to stay with you and forget the other woman then you can leave him.

Just for playing devils advocate, what happen if the other woman is using some voodo or charming him now that he knew he has another girlfriend. Tha guy in my own opinion is a good and honest guy. He may have a problem which he need to sort out or need help with.

To leave him as it has been suggested may be a very expensive mistake you could make and live to regret it.

You need to pray, soul search, talk about it and let him make his mind up geniuely and give him time.

May God grant you wisdom in your decision.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by olanajim(m): 12:20am On Aug 17, 2007
I think the best thing for you is to sit him down and let him make up his mind once and for all. It is not unusual for lost love to still yearn for one another. A man in control must know where his heart truly dwell. It is a great error for you to leave him without discursing with him. It is a greater error, however, for you to ignore his ex lover's comeback bid. It is a gamble that you must realize may put you on the losing side. Thread with caution. Once you make up your mind, be firm.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by PTH(m): 2:58am On Aug 17, 2007
pls ignore the initial immature responses earlier posted.

I would give your guy a big pat on the back for being honest enough to face you with the truth! Dear, how many guys would tell you they still have feelings for their ex knowing that it could be the end of your relationship?
Yes he has feelings for his ex, who of us here can say we've never been in the boat before?

Sit him down, that is why you both are in a relationship; pour ur hearts out and let him know how you feel. Its either he chooses you or decides to go back to his ex.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ikamefa(f): 3:02am On Aug 17, 2007
hummmmmmmmmm! undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by OmoEko1(f): 3:26am On Aug 17, 2007
What an advice undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by olanajim(m): 7:22am On Aug 17, 2007
PTH, that is it. Let her try that. She may be lucky to win again. I would warn her to return to the thread to give a feedback, the problem isn't over by just talking. The solution start there.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by estylove1(f): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2007
yes the earlier posts were immature
you have to sit him down and talk to him yes and he is honest enough to tell you how he feels about his ex wat if he didnt say anyting.

lets be truthful to ourselves sometimes when we see our ex or sometimes when we call our ex r we saying that we dont have a tiny whiny feeling for him or her sometimes we do and if we are honest to discuss it with d guy or girl in our lives at present does it now mean that such a one should leave immediately thats rather harsh dont you think so

so @ d poster sit down with him and talk let him know how it would affect your relationship if that feelings continue for his ex
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Ralvy(m): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2007
I respect ur boyfrend for his maturity and sensibility to talk to you about the sitiuation on ground. It shows that he dosen't want to hurt you in anyway, He's a brave and responsible Guy. cheesy wink smiley

I understand what your boyfrend is going thru and I know what it feels like to be caught up in such mess, I've experienced it to. From my view - You do not have anything to worry about here.

Your Boyfrend shuld think about what brought on the break up, was the girl fair and all that??
You should ask yourself if the guy is worth this stress, and don't be too pushy, let him make his decisions besides, he is not the only Guy in the world!

Good Luck cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by uyai(f): 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2007
we have only been together for three months. He is in med school, on top of that he has a WHOLE lot of business going on, so we rarely have time to spend together unless we're running errand or he's using my pc. for the last two weeks we haven't spent any quality time together. I haven't been complaining, i just let him be knowing he has a lot on his plate. What brought about this revelation was when i asked him so when are we ever going to see? he responded honestly, i don't know, so i thought that was wierd. then he told me he had something to say.

I haven't spoken to him yet. it hurts that he had time to be talking to another female when he rarely does that with me and we leave down the street from each other. I've turn off my phone cuz i honestly don't know what to say to him.

LOVE44 is my sis, i used her pc to post.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Ralvy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2007
Sorry, I understand u well now, 
From your last post - I would say your boyfrend is not being fair angry and he dosen't deserve you but it seems u're really in love with him smiley My advice for you is to mind your business and don't make him think you're so crazy about him.

Confide in a close frend that knows u both, a problem shared is a problem solved.
I hope things get better, Gud lck wink 'en please cheer up
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by jkpretty(f): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2007
well, no wonder u were hell bent on leaving him.

i would have adviced u 2 stay & watch initially, but ur second entry says it all, maybe he used u to get over d other gal initially undecided

i wont advise u to stay, i'll say run, run as fast as u can, since he already changing on u. There is a lot of probabilities here though.

Just stay away from him, it will help him make a good decision faster than u being wit him. but whateva it is, be calm wink
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by kilasos(f): 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2007
In my opinion i will say 3 months is still a short time.
he might have used you to get over hs ex, find out the situation in which they broke up,whose fault was it.
If it was his ex`s fault,she might be calling him now to apologise,
maybe he is yielding to her plea hence the renewed feeling.
You have to let him think who he loves more,u or the ex.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by uyai(f): 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2007
He told me that he's been in my position before. that he was in the same position with this girl. the girl was trying to patch things up with her boyfriend of two years when he met her. I guess she wasn't sure on who to go with and could not give him a hundred percent so he decided to move on. He told me about 2 other girls he was seeing before me, but did not tell me of this one. When i asked why? he said i guess i was trying to supress the feelings. He also said he hasn't spoken with her in three days.

i went away thinking, he's even counting the days they haven't spoken, and he was seeing three girls at the same time! he once told me that our relationship could go the distance and asked if i see myself marrying him. Then he said that the ONLY problem we might have in the future is INFEDILITY. that old habits die hard. He has A LOT of female friends most of which are his exs, he told me that most of them are trying to get back with him.

I just got out of a bad relationship myself, he was the one who help me mend. I AM not in love with him. Sometimes i wonder what i actually feel,or if i feel anything at all. Maybe i just don't want to be alone.nevertheless, i'm really hurt cuz i gave him 100%
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by tnaidaR(f): 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2007
AGAIN! sad

Find a close friend and share your feelings with. Fact is you have to leave this dude 'cause he can't give you what you deserve. It won't be easy trying to get done and over with him more so 'cause you just came out of a bad r/ship before you met him and in 3 months again you're about to face the same shit.

As hard as it might be, you have to move on. The moment you make up your mind, stay away from him and can even stop taking his calls until you're strong enough. No huma'being is worth such misery! kiss
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Seun(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2007
Honest men are hard to find. When he comes back, to you, accept him back. For now, don't do anything. Just wait.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by vigasimple(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2007
To

Uyai,

It appears that both of you are just using each other to get over ex and 3 months is too soon to come to the conclusion that you re having  aserious relationship.

To me he is just having  a great time and every girl that left him want to come back because they can see that he is a player and will always catch a new fish or bird.

It is up to you,and how old are you.

YOu may need to be patient and discover whom you are in the first place and what sort of relationship you want and find the guys that at least come closer to your type of person whom you share the same thing in common.

The relationship in my candid and humble opinion is a  NON STARTER and in as much as i don't like to hurt the way you feel, that is the honest truth. If he has only been separated from his ex and yourself has only been separated from your ex., you are only using each other as shoulder to cry on. Look forward to the future.

Good luck.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by edeone(m): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2007
See girl u will get a lot of advise both Gud and Bad, but the real tin is that it all blows down to u,becos only u no the situation u are in right now, first u have to evaluate ur present position and really see if its what u want,life can be tricky and leave u in place u cant get out from.

But no this u do not have to compromise ur happiness for anytin ok life is too short to west it on people or tins dat are not wonght it, we may get confussed at times but the main tin is for u to no wat u want and were u are going to in the whole scheme of tins. U like him go and wrk tins out and see what u can make of it, but if its not wrking out beby hit the road and make urself happy. it hurts but DATS THE WAY LOVE GOES.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2007
Girlfriend - Alicia Keyes.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:16pm On Aug 17, 2007
Then he said that the ONLY problem we might have in the future is INFEDILITY

Warning sign here. Not sure why you even continued with the relationship after he told you this.

I do remember your old posts uyai about how busy your bf is and you two barely ever have time to be together, so for him to have enough time to chat about old times with an ex is pretty depressing undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by DoubleN(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2007
I have just one simple question,Is the first Girlfriend his first love?If so,the guy is just going through a normal phase but you still have to make your presence felt.Do not backout.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by maify(f): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2007
my dear it's okay. ur case is normal. cos u and him are flesh and blood. but my advice is pray for God's guidance then make up ur mind and leave. cos the continous hurt is not worth it okay!
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by PTH(m): 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2007
You just clarified things with your later posts. Maybe the first posters werent immature afterall.

Here's my new oppinion based on your latest admission - leave this guy, even you admit that you don't love him. Time to date a guy you love and who is not dating you because he just happened to be the one on hand when you were going through a bad breakup.

I tell you, being alone is far far better than that unecessary stress u're putting yourself through. At least you wont have heart palpitations over someone who isnt even worth all the trouble.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Gamba(f): 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2007
@ topic My candid advice to you is to have a heart to heart talk with each other and both pour out your feelings.
Secondly, both of you u need to stay away from each other and sort out your feelings, whether both of you are trying to love or you're both actually in love.

I wish you all the best but babe don't be desperate to resolve these, commit it to Baba God only him can give you the wisdom to go about this.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Gamba(f): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2007
@ topic My candid advice to you is to have a heart to heart talk with each other and both pour out your feelings.
Secondly, both of you u need to stay away from each other and sort out your feelings, whether both of you are trying to love or you're both actually in love.

I wish you all the best but babe don't be desperate to resolve these, commit it to Baba God only him can give you the wisdom to go about this.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by angelchi(f): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2007
no let d guy fool u,jus move on.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by fesse(f): 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2007
@seun,
you are totally right.
dont boarder yourself about issues that will take care of itself.but never give up on him like that because from your post it seems that he is an honest man. guys like him are very rare by telling you the truth.

believe in yourself and have confidence in yourself too.

cheer up, girl.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2007
did you even read the rest of her story, fesse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Basic Things That Turns Ladies On. / The Street Betting Of A Rude Rich Girl / How Can I Clear My Pimples, Black Spots And Acnes?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.