Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,408 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex (35908 Views)

When A Girl Has Feelings For You And You Don't / What Should I Do If My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex ? / My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex Girlfriend What Do I Doo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by christ84: 9:31am On Aug 19, 2007
Hi Love 44

If you really love your Guy don't let anyone take him away from you or you may live to regret it.

Good luck and God Bless
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Deola9848(m): 9:43am On Aug 19, 2007
smiley smiley honestly, i think u should let go. Guys are really funny, In letting go u may actually help him to ,make a decision. If he was meant to be your he will always find his way back. Sit him down and make your position known, be firm and open. HE NEEDS TO RESPECT YOUR EMOTIONS
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ovadose(f): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2007
FILLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Like the koko master would say tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by oge4real(f): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2007
I really think you should take a break from that relationship before it becomes more painful.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by moondust(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2007
he has either opened up 2 u cos he cares or as a means of authenticating his plans 2 run back 2 his ex. keep ur eyes open, gal
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 6:12am On Aug 20, 2007

Relationships can be beautiful, yet painfully confusing when we face these sort of situations. This is the perfect time for you to look deep inside of yourself, and connect with the valuable woman that you are. The relationship is so new, that if you were to walk away, your pain will be less, than if you were to wait until he chooses what matters most to him. If he were to decide at some point, that he wants to rekindle the fire between him and his ex, the biggest heartache will be yours to bear.

Sometimes, when we love someone, it may seem to be the most beautiful thing in the world to us, but it hurts even more to know that another woman has a part of his heart, that may even be stronger than the part of his heart that you occupy. Its ok to hurt, and give yourself time to think through this, sometimes that distance in time and communication may be what he needs to realize one of two things. Either he loves her or you. There are no middle grounds to walk on here.

Tell him how you feel, and how much you love him, but it is not posssible for you to grow together, if he is spending quality time 'rekindling' things with her. He may disagree, but that is to be expected. Dont put the ball in his court completely, but do let him know that YOU must decide if you are willing to be swallowed up in torture of always wandering, and hoping for the best between you two. Whatever is meant to be, and in time, his intentions will unfold, perfectly in God's time.

Just remember, that if he is the man that God has set aside for you, regardless of her being a part of his past, he will part ways, and ur love will grow stronger. Just celebrate the special woman that you are, and the love that is rightly meant for you, will come along,, weather its him or not. Stay strong, and do not chase him,

If its meant to be, he will come to you.

peace,,

Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 20, 2007
if your boyfriend claims he has stronger feelings for you then he should be able to make the sacrifice by allowing all the feelings he has for his ex to die or else if you are not careful you will discover that your man will be professing love to you and at the same time will be having another affair so think twice well you can go make the same post on www.dynamitesinglesforum.com and let people give their own opinion cheers
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by Ropie(m): 7:04am On Aug 20, 2007
Rethink abt ur r'ship coz if he can still feels for his ex, u don know, mayb they still date.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ubiaru(f): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2007
My dear,it could be heart broking,but the best thing to do is to leave the guy alone.He isnt urs.it happened to me and he latered ran back to her so pls move on.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by kulaShaker(f): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2007
this is recipe for disaster, such tales either mean, he harbours those feelings for his ex, and your relationship continues to suffer ,by you resenting him ,or you break up and he goes after her, they sleep together and then he finds out all he really needed was closure and there were no concrete feelings for her, just a nostalgic romantic idea and he regrets breaking up with you.

I would suggest a separation if he comes back to you or it works out in the future and you still want him back and love him then all well and good. But if its not meant to be then it won't happen. Break up for now is what i say. It won't be easy because he may want to test his feelings for her (by either sleeping with her, or seeing her for a while) this is hard to swallow i know. But sometimes when things like this happen , it sometimes feel like there is unfinished business between the two people and sadly one person has to suffer i.e YOU.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by dremoney(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
My dear,

I SINCERELY advise u allow some time 4 him to make his final decision.
Plz,try n avoid bn pushy or scared!!!!!
just be natural n always make him realise wat's urs wil eva b urs(wit no disrespect intended).

In short,nuetralize ur mind n c as tins b, live ur life n make him feel u weneva ur tgether.
b ur normal person sha n dnt giv 2 much so as nt to appear desperate(e might take advantage of dat).
Be preserved bout sm issues,face ur life n b an achiever.

No b only by Love nowadays,,Ladies gat to b up n achieving 4 a guy to stick his neck 4 her, Learn n develop urself evriday.
make him c new n inspiring tins bout u always.

Wish u Luck.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by bugado(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2007
sorry about that.lol
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by VIC4U: 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2007
I think u have to forget about this guy and move on with ur life, if u know what u want .U are not getting younger, at 25 u should be thinking of how to complete ur education and settle down. You have to sit down and think about ur future. Unless u still want 2 play around but it won't help u.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by funlad(f): 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2007
Girlfriend I must tell you, the guy is lying, he only claimed to be two weeks ago but am sure its more than that, I believe he still have feelings for her, gurl please don’t dull yourself and don’t allow him to play smart on you. Catch your fun too, and don’t allow anyguy to use you. am sure he is trying to prepare before hand so that when you finds out he will have something to say

cheers
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by uyai(f): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2007
Well, thanks to all for taking time to respond. I think that i've grieved enough. He called me twice, i did not pick up. He left a message on saturday ( this thing happen on thursday) saying that he gets the message, that i don't want to talk. That he is glad he told me the truth, that he is relieved and is going to give me my space. On getting that message i decided to call, he did not pick up. i left a message telling him that if he is this very honest person he thinks he is, that he would have told me the truth from the beginnig . I also asked him what he expects me to do with his truth that he needs to make a decision. he did not respond to that message, i called him 2x that day and also sent a text asking to talk to him. That was saturday, so it's been two days now he hasn't responded.

I've realized that he doesn't care about me, at least that is what his actions says. He is mad at me! i wonder why? but i know this is another personal mistake.  He should be callling me at this moment, not ignoring me so i guess i get his message.

I'll let you guys know of any new development. Thanks for all your advice.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2007

Good for you, but no he is not mad at you, contrary to what his actions are indicating. what he is doing right now, is playing a 'mind game' with you dear sista , meaning, he is trying to make you WANT him more, by not responding to you, when in fact he is clearly showing that he cares for the other girl more. Theres no sugar coating it from a woman of experience,

If he cared for you, he would never dismiss your phone calls, or would have been eager to receive you calls as he did when u first started falling in love, remember that feeling and how he used to act? Some guys (not all) will even go to the extent of making YOU feel guilty about something that you have not even done, and you wind up apologizing for their wrong doing, or making you feel as if it was your fault it happened, thats that 'charisma' of a playa,

You have called him ENOUGH. Trust me on this. As hard as it may be, to look at the phone, and want to call him, for your sake, its called "NO contact Rule". The more you call him, worse the situation becomes but not in your favour, because he will then think that you can be easily stringed along, Let HIM wander about you for a change,, forget about him as best you can, by focusing on YOU. CRY if you must in private, but wipe ur tears, make yourself look good and attractive when you step out in public,go get yourself a nice pretty new hair do, cute outfit, and show off that beautiful lady that God created for someone who WILL appreciate you, so Smile, and let him see you enjoying life, b ut do not sit by the phone waiting on his call, because he most certainly is not waiting on your phone call,

peace
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by uyai(f): 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2007
Thanks very much for your extensive insight into this mess. I really do appreciate it. i'll do as you say and even more. I'm not in love with him though, but that doesn't stop me from hurting a little bit. I know i'll be fine. time is a great healer. i just hope i don't make anymore mistakes. And I'm DEFINITELY DONE with NIGERIAN guys. Well, at least for now
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2007

Very good. smiley

Time AND distance is the mother of healing,, and although you are not completely in love, its the idea of another woman stepping in so soon, without proper closure, is the trigger of your pain, but you know what? its ok, because you stood your position like the lady you are, and did not mess up the relationship, he did this on his own, so someday it will come back to him,, and his pain will be much much worse.

Alhtough, don't say that you are done with all Nigerian men as a result of one bad apple. Good men are to be found in all ethnicities,, but your idea is right on point, but more specifically, rest your mind from all guys for awhile until you are finished with this lesson, and ready to move into that new chapter of ur life,

Beautiful things await people that learn and grow from these experiences, without second guessing wise decisions,

You got it mamma. Hold your head up, smiley

Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by PTH(m): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2007
uyai:

Thanks very much for your extensive insight into this mess. I really do appreciate it. i'll do as you say and even more. I'm not in love with him though, but that doesn't stop me from hurting a little bit. I know i'll be fine. time is a great healer. i just hope i don't make anymore mistakes. And I'm DEFINITELY DONE with NIGERIAN guys. Well, at least for now

lol the usual comical conclusion based on isolated experiences. Who told you American men are better? you did not even love him in the first place so somewhere along the line you would have hurt him too.
Nigerian girls na wa. Sometimes you wonder why you even bother.

SwtNsoFLyy:

Good for you, but no he is not mad at you, contrary to what his actions are indicating. what he is doing right now, is playing a 'mind game' with you dear sista , meaning, he is trying to make you WANT him more, by not responding to you, when in fact he is clearly showing that he cares for the other girl more. Theres no sugar coating it from a woman of experience,

Not really, speaking from a guys perspective the fellow has achieved what he wanted all along by a stroke of genius. He has successfully offloaded poor old Uyai while shifting the guilt on her shoulders. I call that a masterstroke!
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by uyai(f): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2007
wow!

If that is the case then so be it. I mourned him for two WHOLE days and that is the end of it. But your perspective is refreshing.

He is not the first bad apple but the third. maybe i'm doing something wrong. I've never given a guy any "known" reason to break up with me, apart from being me.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2007
quit being malicious, david.

the dude's a jackass. It's that simple.

stop calling him uyai, he's feeling happy with himself. If he cared at all, just the fact that you bothered to call him back would make him jump at your calls, thankful even if you two dont get back together he wouldnt just let things end like that. He's a pompous maggot.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by PTH(m): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2007
maybe you're meeting the wrong men. There's nothing inherently wrong with broken relationships, not all of us will be lucky to meet one person and have it end in marriage.

Set a standard, make sure you both know your expectations of the impending relationship before you jump into it, that way you have a clear understanding of what he is thinking and what his future for u is. Gone are the days when we just saw a fine girl and asked her out right away. Everyone is looking out for where his interests are best served now.

Its not being malicious, its the truth. The red flag that Uyai failed to see was when the guy mentioned that infidelity might be a problem. C'mon, if that did not cause you to raise eyebrows then what will? What man goes into a relationship telling you he is likely to cheat on you in the future and you blindly follow him?
The handwriting was on a wall a long time ago, you just didnt read them.

The more you call him the more you swing the balance of power in his favour.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2007
PTH:

. The red flag that Uyai failed to see was when the guy mentioned that infidelity might be a problem. C'mon, if that did not cause you to raise eyebrows then what will? What man goes into a relationship telling you he is likely to cheat on you in the future and you blindly follow him?
The handwriting was on a wall a long time ago, you just didnt read them.

this is true.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by uchetobi(f): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2007
Move on with your life girl friend, until an ex can stay ex in his mind, the relationship is not worth it, or better still give him a break to come to terms with his feelings for her, don’t let anyone use u to get over another person
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by RichyBlacK(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2007
I think the problem with uyai is that she can't discern the average guy, talk less of those who enjoy infidelity (aka players).

Guys are not as complicated as ladies. A guy tells you he has issues with infidelity - he means it!

Uyai, I think PTH's advice is in order - chill out a bit on dating.

Also, try to have more guy friends; no strings attached, just hang out and do non-intimate stuff together. You really need to hang out more with guys to understand how they think.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by jinworm: 11:43am On Aug 21, 2007
pple! pls hear this one fa. wel, may b his Ex sabi the ting pass u.
Dats y he has abandoned u 4 her. u knw say sabiing d ting 4 bed
counts wel enuf in a boyfrnd and galfrnd relationship. For u 2 gain
possesion of ur bf again, mek u go sabi the ting. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by macechi: 3:01pm On Aug 21, 2007
My dear,i understand the way u feel.But i must tell u that if u truely love him,dont think of leaving him.Allow fate to take care of everything.What will be will be.Dont worry.It happened to me & i sat down & decided who i really wanted.Just give him time to think about it,after which u will ask him to decide between both of u, Macben Echianu(U.K)[color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by laudate: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2007
macechi:

My dear,i understand the way u feel.But i must tell u that if u truely love him,don't think of leaving him.Allow fate to take care of everything.What will be will be.Dont worry.It happened to me & i sat down & decided who i really wanted.Just give him time to think about it,after which u will ask him to decide between both of u, Macben Echianu(UK)[color=#990000][/color]

Wha-aa-at??!!
  shocked Give him time to think about. . . . .just what exactly?

Uyai, the guy is playing 'mind' games with you. Avoid the trickster! Listen to PTH and ThiefofHearts. Take SwtNsoFLyy's advice, too. It is worth its' weight in gold.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by uyai(f): 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
My recovery level is at 80% right now. Thanks to all. We still haven't spoken yet about the whole stuff. It's been 5 days since his " honest revelation". He did send me text on monday. He was like we haven't spoken in days, it's sad how things have changed. I did not dignify the text with a response.

Thanks to all, i really do appreciate all your response.
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2007
Lmao how can he send you such an idiotic text when you tried to call him and he never picked up.

Lmao men are so retarded. Obviously he'd trying to make you try to call him again so he can continue his game. Avoid his trap and removie his number. Gosh, what a loser
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by PTH(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2007
uyai:

My recovery level is at 80% right now. Thanks to all. We still haven't spoken yet about the whole stuff. It's been 5 days since his " honest revelation". He did send me text on monday. He was like we haven't spoken in days, it's sad how things have changed. I did not dignify the text with a response.

Thanks to all, i really do appreciate all your response.

"ur" guy deserves a medal, grin he needs to write a book titled - How to turn the tables and burden a girl with guilt when it was all my fault
Re: My Boyfriend Still Has Feelings For His Ex by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2007
and someone else needs a medal for not knowing how to leave voice mails tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Men With Beautiful Wives Still Cheat? / I Asked A Girl Out, She Said She Isn't Ready For Relationship, Now She Is Dating / Wife Of Uber Driver Responds, Defends Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.