Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? (7378 Views)

Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed / There Are 3 Kinds Of Heaven As Described In The Bible. Which One Applies To You / Who Was Abraham's Father? Azar (Quran) Or Terah (Bible)? Which Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by LagosShia: 11:38am On Aug 07, 2011
you must watch the below lectures in English :

"Ahmed Deedat Answers: "Corruption in Bible or Quran?" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVZ7MLQorwA

Is Quran Word of God?- by Sayyed Ammar Nakshawani

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Boe7QHG6jA

The Quran or The Bible Which is God's Word?- by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOZ6_nGQmT4&feature=related

DEBATE:
"The Quran or Bible,Which is God's Word"- Sheikh Ahmad Deedat Vs Evangelist Annis Shoroush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLXcKXR5miI&feature=related
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by mazaje(m): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2011
By God I assume you mean the creator of the universe, right? What evidence do you have to show that the Koran is the word of the creator of the universe?. . . .
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by LagosShia: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
mazaje:

By God I assume you mean the creator of the universe, right? What evidence do you have to show that the Koran is the word of the creator of the universe?. . . .

have you watched all the videos to reach your conclusion? for clear and outlined evidence in particular of why the Quran is the word of the Creator of the Universe,watch the second video by Sayyed Ammar Nakshawani.

the other videos by Sheikh Ahmad Deedat would literally cause earthquakes under the feet of the evangelist missionaries and bible thumpers.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^^^

I have watched countless Ahmed Deedat videos and to be honest they are all evidence of a man who had an opportunity to repent but instead chose the way of rebellion and twisted the words of our beloved holy bible which again is a corrupted book ( funny how Muslims though keep going to it to validate their false religion ) to justify Islam.

Ahmed Deedat added and subtracted from the word of GOD and has therefore received his recompense of reward.

"And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book" - Revelation 22:18

When it requires the validation of someone else to confirm your integrity, that means you have no integrity at all.

Ahmed Deedat was an established LIAR and shortly I will be running an article on this subject.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by ShiaMuslim: 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
@frosbel

please,if you really believe the words of the bible and you stand against addition and subtraction in the bible,i would only ask you to watch the first video,which is the shortest and only about 10 minutes.

you will see who is really playing with the bible.

it was not Deedat that added an subtracted from Mathew and John.Deedat never had his own "version" of the bible.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
Is the Qur'an accurate in its recording of history?

The Qur'an refers to a number of Bible stories but with altered details. For instance, in the Qur'an, Ishmael is Abraham’s child of promise rather than Isaac, and Moses’ sister Miriam is also confused with Mary, the mother of Jesus. In contrast, the Biblical texts, written at the time and passed down carefully by scribes, seem to be more reliable. Muslims insist the Bible is corrupted because it undermines the Qur'anic grasp of history, however this is arguing backwards from the assumption that the Qur'an is true.

'The early history of the Qur'anic text is much more of an open question than many have suspected'

A further issue for Muslims is that the Qur'an declares the Gospels (Injil) and Torah to be true in Sura 5.68. Muslims respond by alleging that the Gospels and Torah that Muhammed mentions are the original ones, and that our Bible has been changed.

Manuscript evidence suggests otherwise. The Pentateuch and four Gospels, as we have them today, were in existence during Muhammed’s time, and nowhere in the Qur'an is it stated that Christians, known as "People of the Book", did not possess authentic scriptures nor that the Injil had been corrupted.

Is the Qur'an a miracle in and of itself?

Muslims believe that, although there are no miracles related to Muhammad's life, the self-authenticating miracle in Islam is the Qur'an, which we are told is unique and miraculous, its beauty and elegance remarkable. The book itself is considered perfect, dictated by God and the ultimate expression of truth.

Iranian Islamic scholar Sayyid Hossein Nasr comments, “Many people, especially non-Muslims, who read the Qur'an for the first time, are struck by what appears to be a kind of incoherence, It is neither like a high mystical text nor a manual of Aristotelian logic, though it contains both mysticism and logic.”

He goes on to say, “The Qur'an contains a quality which is difficult to express in modern language. One might call it divine magic.”

If the beauty and miraculous nature of the Qur'an are not in fact self-evident, on what basis should one accept the book as true revelation? This argument requires a priori belief – a commitment based not on evidence but nonetheless insisted upon. Using a rigorously technical approach, the Iranian author Ali Dashti commented in his book, Twenty-Three Years: The Life of the Prophet Mohammed, that the errors in the Qur'an were so many that grammatical rules had to be altered to fit the claim that the book was perfect.

The Qur'anMuslims also claim that the Qur'an is a miracle on the basis of Mohammed's illiteracy. However, all scholars agree that Mohammed had scribes and therefore could very possibly have composed the Qur'an without a miracle. We know that Homer was blind and probably illiterate, yet he authored The Iliad and The Odyssey, the two greatest epics of the ancient world.

Is the text of the Qur'an reliable?

Muslims claim that the Qu'ran has not been altered since it was recorded in Muhammed's day. However, Islamic history in the form of the Hadith tells us that the third Caliph Uthman was involved in canonising the Qur'an.

Arthur Jeffrey, a noted European archaeologist, discovered Qur'anic texts that were written prior to their canonisation by Uthman, and he notes differences from what we have today. In his compilation Uthman had a number of suras destroyed, probably due to contradictions contained within them.

Jeffrey concludes, “There can be little doubt that the text canonised by Uthman was only one among several types of text in existence at the time.”

Discovery of some ancient Qur'anic fragments in Yemen in 1972 has led to research into the development of the Qur'an. These fragments reveal unconventional verse orderings, textual variations and artistic embellishment. Among the manuscripts are versions which have been written over earlier and then washed off, which seems to suggest an evolving text.

“The impact of the Yemeni manuscripts is still to be felt,” wrote Calgary University religious studies professor Andrew Rippon in 1999. “These manuscripts say that the early history of the Qur'anic text is much more of an open question than many have suspected: the text was less stable, and therefore had less authority, than has always been claimed.”

A stark contrast

On the basis of these three questions, can the Qur'an be called the Word of God? In my opinion, it cannot.

Holy Bible - The Bible stands in stark contrast to the Qur'an in a number of ways. First, it does not claim to be dictation from God. The Bible is unashamedly open about human participation in its pages, as it was written by a variety of authors over 2,000 years. It is a holy book inspired by God and involving human collaboration. The Bible is revelation from God, which connects with us as human beings who are capable of reading, understanding and appreciating it because it comes through human messengers.

The Bible contains reliable accounts of the life, ministry and death of Jesus. These Gospels are not written by Jesus himself but by those who knew Him intimately and composed them during their lifetime.

The Encyclopaedia of Islam (1981) suggests that “the closest analogue in Christian belief to the role of the Qur'an in Muslim belief is not the Bible, but Christ.” Jesus himself is the eternal Word. He is superior to any book or text. He is God incarnate, coming in human form to live, die and be resurrected on this earth. Through self-revelation God draws us to Himself. He does not merely send tablets from heaven – marvellous as that is - but takes on flesh so that we can have real relationship with Him. The Bible is a conduit of that relationship, with one clear intention: that we might read it and believe (John 20.31).
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by LagosShia: 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2011
@frosbel

why pull too many redherrings and drift from the topic into off-topics?this seem to be a favorite missionary tactic.

stick to the topic.those off-topics you raised are becoming too boring to keep replying to.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
Fellow TRUE Christians,

There is always more that can be said to refute the claims of a Muslim in a debate, and the unfortunate reality is that to refute an unfounded claim takes 50 times more work than it takes for the other side to regurgitate mantra. Of course, once you do, they simply change the subject and/or attack you, your beliefs, and/or your country.

You can't blame them. They obviously have no basis for their beliefs other than they are told this is what they are to believe. And since they are creatures of thoughtless obedience, they have no abilities nor desire to use rational thought and logic to formulate a response on their own. Therefore they have no choice but to change the subject once you refute the lines that they have in their script.

The message in the Qur'an is in every way in direct opposition to Yahweh's Scripture, the most glaring of which is the fact that Yahweh's description of Heaven is simply existing with Him, and Hell is simply existing separated from Him. In Islam, Heaven is obviously defined as something rather embarrassing and morally depraved. But that is nothing compared to the stark contrast of Hell. Islam graphically depicts Hell as consisting of eternal physical torture that is personally metered out by Allah!

The reasons why there is so much of the Torah and Gospels in the Qur'an is that Muhammad was woefully mentally incapable of contriving the religious base that he needed to pull off his scheme, so he had to pay Rabbis to get the background and foundations he required to pull off his business plan to gain power, money, and sex. This information comes directly from Islam's own scriptures, by the way.

Enough said.

Edited from an excerpt on Prophet of DOOM .
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by harakiri(m): 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2011
None! They are all man made mythologies.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Aderoux: 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2011
An awake publication dated September 8 1957 titled "50000 errors in the bible". Who do we attribute these errors to God! Never he is above mistakes. Compare (1)2chrn36:9 2kings24:8 (2)1chrn21:1 &2sam24:1 3)1chrn21:12&2sam24:13 (4)1chrn1:32 &Gen25:1 just to mention a few.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Sweetnecta: 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2011
@Frosbel: Your miracles on Nairaland is similar to Miracles on the 34th street [Macy's headquarter, NYC]; both are fakes, the reason Jesus said that he will tell people like you in heaven "get away from me because i do not know thee".

You are done, mehn. Jesus said you are done. He knows. He is a prophet. If he truly said that, your scroll is already scrolled up. You are now following in vain. Your worship is zero.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by kimond101: 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2011
The Torah to Moses, the Bible to Jesus, the Quran to Mohammed (Peace and mercy of Allah be upon them all) are all sent down by God Almighty. In my opinion some part of the Bible got corrupted which is the reason why there are different versions of the bible today but the Quran had been preserved from time that is why the arabic language which is the language Prophet Mohammed received the revelation is always beside every other language translation. The best way to find out is reading them all and finding out which one is the truth. Any mistakes in this answer is from me and all the truth is from Allah,the most-wise. Peace.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2011
I am sorry not all of them were sent by GOD !
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by HISchild: 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2011
Not one of the prophecies of the holy Bible have failed, ever, or will fail, because GOD, YAHWEH, The Lord is the author through HIS pen-men, HIS prophets, "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:21 - And “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17

because GOD, The Lord JESUS CHRIST, is from everlasting past to everlasting

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." - Revelation 22:12-14

No matter what the debate may be, it will cease when GOD's word, which forever abides, is fulfilled, because there is only one Truth - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

------------
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." - 2 Peter 3:9
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by vedaxcool(m): 3:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
The Qur'an is the word of God because it does not Contain the following:

IN.CEST IN THE BIBLE:

1.) Lot In.cestous encounter with his daughters:

Genesis 19:33-35
33And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

34And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

2.) Jacob Son's Incestous replationship with his father's wife:

Genesis 35:22
22And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:

3.) Judah (ancestor of your "lord and savior"wink commits prostitution and in.cest and pregnantes his son's wife

Genesis 38:15-18
15When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

16And he turned unto her by the way, and said, Go to, I pray thee, let me come in unto thee; (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law.) And she said, What wilt thou give me, that thou mayest come in unto me?

17And he said, I will send thee a kid from the flock. And she said, Wilt thou give me a pledge, till thou send it?

18And he said, What pledge shall I give thee? And she said, Thy signet, and thy bracelets, and thy staff that is in thine hand. And he gave it her, and came in unto her, and she conceived by him.

IN.CEST AND RA.PE BETWEEN BROTHER AND SISTER(children of "holy" David)

2 Samuel 13:5-14 :
5And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.

6So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, that I may eat at her hand.

7Then David sent home to Tamar, saying, Go now to thy brother Amnon's house, and dress him meat.

8So Tamar went to her brother Amnon's house; and he was laid down. And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cakes.

9And she took a pan, and poured them out before him; but he refused to eat. And Amnon said, Have out all men from me. And they went out every man from him.

10And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made, and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother.

11And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.

12And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly.

13And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee.

14Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her.

WHOLESALE RA.PING AND IN.CEST BETWEEN SON (of David) AND HIS MOTHERS!

2 Samuel 16:22
22So they spread Absalom a tent upon the top of the house; and Absalom went in unto his father's concubines in the sight of all Israel

BIBLICAL GOD GIVES AWAY THE WIVES OF HIS BELOVED DAVID TO BE RA.PED AS PUNISHMENT!

2 Samuel 12:11-12
11Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

12For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

ONANISM

Genesis 38:8-9
8And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

9And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

SON OF "RIGHTEOUS" DAVID RA.PES HIS SISTER!

Howbeit he (Amnon, one of the sons of David) would not hearken unto her this sister Tamar’s voice: but, being stronger than she, forced (violated) her, and LAY (Were Intimate) with her.” 2 SAMUEL 13:14

“Man after God’s own heart”,DAVID COMMITS ADULTERY!

And David sent messengers, and took her (Bathsheba); and she came in unto him, and he LAY (had intercourse) with her. . . 2 SAMUEL 11:4

DO YOU STILL REGARD THE BIBLE WITH ALL THE ABOVE EVIL AND WICKEDNESS AS THE "WORD OF GOD"?IF SUCH ARE THE PRIESTS THEN MAY GOD BLESS THE CONGREGATION!!!
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
both are the word of the devil.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by tEsLim(m): 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
Both work of men
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2011
I know Atheists sound intelligent in their own ears when they go on their tirades against GOD , the fact is he pities them , for not only has  blindness covered their hearts , but should they persist in this path of folly, they risk the suffering of eternal ruin !!!
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
tEsLim:

Both work of men

men who worked for the devil.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
^^^

And yet you bow before idols or should we say dolls in shrines and call that your proud African tradition.

May God deliver you !!! grin
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
my idols are a representation of different aspects of nature controlled by God, i.e. these idols are the way i perceive God and they help me to concentrate my prayers on that particular image of God with respect to the aspect of nature i wish to pray to or ask for help.

atleast my idol dont steal my cash.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Judek2(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

my idols are a representation of different aspects of nature controlled by God, i.e. these idols are the way i perceive God and they help me to concentrate my prayers on that particular image of God with respect to the aspect of nature i wish to pray to or ask for help.

atleast my idol dont steal my cash.

what a blind fellow undecided lipsrsealed
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:30pm On Sep 22, 2011
Judek2:

what a blind fellow undecided lipsrsealed

how so, foolish man?? angry angry

please make a statement that contradicts mine before making base accusations. angry
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Amujale(m): 12:11am On Oct 11, 2011
Neither, they are both full of lies, plagiarism and self-centred interest.

Most of the stories in either the bible or the quran are representsations of other more older myths, plagiarized to suit the mood of a particular peoples.

[flash=185,185]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09w-ZFasRvE[/flash] [flash=185,185]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXRiEy15vY[/flash] [flash=185,185]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9doHdsfhYg[/flash] [flash=185,185]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPXKuqLQ63o[/flash]
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Amujale(m): 12:14am On Oct 11, 2011
tEsLim:

Both work of men

PAGAN  9JA:

men who worked for the devil.

Both of you are kind of right (although the "devil" is ficticious); so if we combine both your answers we can conclude that they are both the work of evil people.

[flash=185,185]
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
Amujale:

Both of you are kind of right (although the "devil" is ficticious); so if we combine both your answers we can conclude that they are both the work of evil people.

[flash=185,185]

im sorry i didnt exactly mean devil. i meant the evil forces.

1 Like

Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by plappville(f): 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
The bible is the true and only word of God.
God's commands cannot be changed by any mere man who claime to be a prophet.
No book should be compared to the bible when it comes to Gods word.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by jayriginal: 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

___,._, and twisted the words of our beloved holy bible which again is a corrupted book __,_,_

Hello, Frosbel,
I am interested in hearing your views on the above. Do you care to explain further ? I mean the corruption of the bible (as you seem to be saying)
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2011
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18.

The Bible does say that the preaching of the Gospel is foolishness to them that perish. The lost cannot understand the SCRIPTURES because they are DEAD in their sins and are therefore spiritually blind.. However, It is our job as the body of Christ to give them a CLEAR presentation of the Gospel message.

The natural man cannot understand the WORD of God because the scriptures are spiritually discerned, that is 100% true as is every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God.
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by Ibro4peak: 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
ShiaMuslim: @frosbel

please,if you really believe the words of the bible and you stand against addition and subtraction in the bible,i would only ask you to watch the first video,which is the shortest and only about 10 minutes.

you will see who is really playing with the bible.

it was not Deedat that added an subtracted from Mathew and John.Deedat never had his own "version" of the bible.
GBAM
Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by onetrack(m): 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
How I feel as an atheist watching this discussion

Re: The Quran Or The Bible,which Is God's Word? by abrajproperties: 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
mazaje: By God I assume you mean the creator of the universe, right? What evidence do you have to show that the Koran is the word of the creator of the universe?. . . .
Al quran was sent to holy prophet muhammed (S.A.W) from God through Angel Gabriel.... So can you deny that bibble is the words of paul and not God?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deeper Life Wahala: The Testimony That Shocked Me In Church Today / NIGHT OF BLISS with Pastor Chris at the O2 Arena. Were You There? / Atheism Is Irrational.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.