Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Christians Can Drink Alcohol? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Can Drink Alcohol? (1731 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by ARareGem(f): 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
I need to know if Christians can take alcoholic drinks. Yes or no?
Please back-up your posts with Bible scriptures.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by werepeLeri: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
of course. but not too much
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by God2man(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2011
Proverb 23:29-35. PLS, FIND TIME TO READ IT.God bless you. God2man.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by tpia5: 4:46am On Aug 10, 2011
use the search function or better still open your bible yourself.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by LagosShia: 11:25am On Aug 10, 2011
the bible contradicts itself on the issue of alcohol.some verses seem to tolerate drinking,some condemn it while others condemn drunkenness and christians believe drinking "modestly" is therefore okay!

Proverbs 23:31-32
31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.

Romans 14:21
It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Luke 1:15
15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit [a]while yet in his mother’s womb.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by God2man(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2011
This is a solid food meant only for the mature christian. Hebrew5:14" But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil". Let me quote what DAKE ANNOTATED REFERENCE BIBLE says page 247" knowing that the bible speaks of the juice grapes as wine while it is still in the cluster (isaiah 65:cool, and calls it new wine when it is just pressed out of the grapes, makes it impossible to decide in every case whether the reference is to that which is fermented or unfermented. One thing is certain: a drunkard shall not inherit the kingdom of God.(luke 21:34; Roman 13:13; 1 cor. 6:9-11; Gal 5: 19-21)"God bless you. God2man.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by ARareGem(f): 7:34am On Aug 12, 2011
Thanks for the replies.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by tpia1: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
well, like i said, I've seen a non jewelry wearing, no makeup strong SU looking lady with either scarf or no perming, ordering a strong dose of alcoholic drinks from a bar. In fact, trouser sef she no wear am, her skirt reached her ankles if not her shoes.

so its either:

1. the lady is a christian who drinks (and doesnt care who knows)

2. the lady is playing a script and acting an SU who drinks

3. the lady is not a christian and just doesnt use jewelry, makeup, etc for whatever reason. Some traditionalists also dont perm or use heavy jewelry.

4. any other thing.

as per the actual question on whether a christian should drink or not: if you have to ask, then you might as well continue doing it.

just dont bring christianity into the matter if possible, since its your personal decision and choice.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 16, 2014
tpia1: well, like i said, I've seen a non jewelry wearing, no makeup strong SU looking lady with either scarf or no perming, ordering a strong dose of alcoholic drinks from a bar. In fact, trouser sef she no wear am, her skirt reached her ankles if not her shoes.

so its either:

1. the lady is a christian who drinks (and doesnt care who knows)

2. the lady is playing a script and acting an SU who drinks

3. the lady is not a christian and just doesnt use jewelry, makeup, etc for whatever reason. Some traditionalists also dont perm or use heavy jewelry.

4. any other thing.

as per the actual question on whether a christian should drink or not: if you have to ask, then you might as well continue doing it.

just dont bring christianity into the matter if possible, since its your personal decision and choice.

Madam even Jesus himself drank alcohol
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by tpia1: 6:26am On Aug 16, 2014
post your opinion without referring to mine, thanks.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2014
LagosShia: the bible contradicts itself on the issue of alcohol.some verses seem to tolerate drinking,some condemn it while others condemn drunkenness and christians believe drinking "modestly" is therefore okay!

Proverbs 23:31-32
31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.

Romans 14:21
It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Luke 1:15
15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit [a]while yet in his mother’s womb.

There is nothing contradictory in what you posted.

Proverbs is advising us not to take wine when we know its potential to intoxicate is high.

Paul was writing against stumbling your Christian brother over what you eat or drink, He was not condemning drinking wine. He was the one who told Timothy to take little wine. He was instructing Christians to be mindful of what they do acknowledging the conscience of the 'babes' among them.

True John the baptist did not take wine, but this was God's will for him. That prophesy never meant that God was condemning alcoholic beverage.

Jesus turned a water into an alcoholic beverage in Cana.

After turning the water into wine, the DIrector og the ceremony came and made an observation that showed that the drink was alcoholic. We read:

John 2:10

"and said to him: “Every other man puts out the [i]fine wine first[/i], and when people are intoxicated, the inferior. You have reserved the fine wine until now."

If you carefully read that verse, the point will be clear. Notice these:

The blue >>>= It is possibly the practice to bring out the fine one first in a ceremony.

The Red >>>= From the above, the fine wine intoxicates.

The Green >>>= The wine which was a result of Jesus' miracle is a fine wine, as such, it was intoxicating.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by gebest: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
THANKS ALL FOR THE REPLY, TOT DRINKING IS A SIN BEFORE NOT KNOWING IS NOT, NOW I CAN DRINK MYSELF TO STUPOR.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by Ochoiho: 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
gebest: THANKS ALL FOR THE REPLY, TOT DRINKING IS A SIN BEFORE NOT KNOWING IS NOT, NOW I CAN DRINK MYSELF TO STUPOR.

Don't be mislead friend. You are only a christian if the HolySpirit lives in you. The Holy Spirit and Alcohol, however, do no go together. If you drink alcohol, you are not a christian
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by gebest: 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
[quote
author=Ochoiho]

Don't be mislead friend. You are only a christian if the HolySpirit
lives in you. The Holy Spirit and Alcohol, however, do no go together.
If you drink alcohol, you are not a christian[/quote]ok thanks my good friend i eat my words back.
Re: Christians Can Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
gebest: THANKS ALL FOR THE REPLY, TOT DRINKING IS A SIN BEFORE NOT KNOWING IS NOT, NOW I CAN DRINK MYSELF TO STUPOR.

[ESV] 1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

(1) (Reply)

Music And Infinity / First Black Pope – Ghana And Nigeria Cardinals Favorites / Apostle Anselm Madubuko Marries Kenyan Singer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.