Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,965 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? (2952 Views)

Malaysian Passenger Plane Shot Down In Donetsk By Ground To Air Missile / Hezbollah Claim Drone shot-down By Israel / 17 People Beheaded In Afghanistan For Attending A Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by INorg: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2011
A military helicopter was shot down in eastern Afghanistan, killing 31 U.S. special operation troops - most of them from the elite Navy SEALs unit that killed Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden - along with seven Afghan commandos. It was the deadliest single incident for American forces in the decade-long war.

The Taliban claimed they downed the helicopter with rocket fire while it was taking part in a raid on a house where insurgents were gathered in the province of Wardak late Friday. A senior U.S. administration official in Washington said the craft was apparently shot down by insurgents.

NATO confirmed the overnight crash took place and that there "was enemy activity in the area." But it said it was still investigating the cause and conducting a recovery operation at the site. It did not release details.

None of those killed in the crash is believed to have been part of the SEALs mission that killed bin Laden, but they were from the same unit as the bin Laden team.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/38-u-s-afghan-troops-die-in-helicopter-crash-1.377329
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Rhino5dm: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
That was the completion of the conspracy theory. Osama Bin Laden WAS not killed by any NAVY seals, neither was he buried ant any sea. That event was staged to score cheap political points. I guess the truth is coming out small small.
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by olyivy(f): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^^ Conspiracy nonsense. He was killed by tiger generator fume! Mtsew!

Meanwhile, any other source plz?
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Rhino5dm: 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2011
^whats the maening of such attacks? Hey! If you dont like comment then press the 'skip' botton. Capito?
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

That was the completion of the conspracy theory. Osama Bin Laden WAS not killed by any NAVY seals, neither was he buried ant any sea. That event was staged to score cheap political points. I guess the truth is coming out small small.
meaning what? Are U̶̲̥̅̊ a terrorist,
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Saheed9: 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ rhino pls i cant understand u
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Rhino5dm: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ok. Google "conspiracy theorist"
Next time i wont be that patient with you.

kcswat:

meaning what? Are U̶̲̥̅̊ a terrorist,
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Rhino5dm: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2011
I 'd never expected to be understood by low IQed peeps. All thesame Google is your freind, . . .

Saheed9:

@ rhino pls i cant understand u
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by seanet02: 6:06pm On Aug 07, 2011
Up Taliban. Taliban for ever.
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by buzugee(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
seanet02:

Up Taliban. Taliban for ever.
grin grin grin grin i take it you dont live in america
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by seanet02: 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
buzugee:

grin grin grin grin i take it you dont live in america
meet me at downing street.
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by buzugee(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
seanet02:

meet me at downing street.
ahhhh mate. will catch the bus 12 from peckham. cheerio
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
i dont believe this.yes, a navy seal helicopter was shot down killing some seals but the idea that this are the same ones that killed osama i believe is being inserted by the US govt to deceive the taliban (al-queda) that they've got their revenge.they don't want them coming to the US to cause trouble.
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by armyofone(m): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2011
May their soul rest in Peace.
We will miss you all.
You will never be forgotten.
SemperFi

God bless our troops and their families.
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
America (1) vs. America (1)

e be like say they want to tell us another stori again o!
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by Bawss1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 09, 2011
I see this is where they gather. Feel free people to spin this development to ridiculous proportions.
Re: 30 US Navy Seals Shot Down In Afghanistan: Taliban Revenge? by MandingoII(m): 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2011
The taliban or whomever got that White American a zz. Navy seals are highly trained elite fighters. The training alone is years upon years of riguros indepth physical, mental, and psychological pedigee. For whomever to knock out 20+ of them is a serious Shock to the pentagon. shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Inside Haitian Jail Where Inmates Starve To Death, Defecate On Floor. / France Robbing Africa Through The Colonial Pact / Terrorist Are Muslims,you Don't Agree Then Check This Snap Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.