Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records (113021 Views)

Faith Patricia Ariokot: Ugandan Sets Record For The Longest Time To Hug A Tree / How To Make Whooping Amount Of Money From Cucumber In Less Than 3 Months / My New Cucumber Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 25, 2022
World's longest cucumber record broken by Polish grower

Amateur gardener Sebastian Suski is the proud new owner of the world's longest cucumber - a specimen of Cucumis sativus that until this week was growing in a polytunnel at his allotment.

Despite the blisteringly hot summer in the UK, Sebastian - who was born in Poland but now lives in Southampton - was able to tend to his impressive patch of cucumbers and produce a whopper measuring 113.4 cm (3 ft 8.6 in), beating the previous record by 6.4 cm (2.5 in).

Sebastian has been growing big fruit and veg with the help of his wife Renata for seven years.

He volunteers for the European Giant Vegetable Growers Association (EGVGA) - a support group for fans of garden giants - and now is an international officer for the Great Pumpkin Commonwealth (GPC).

He has even set a few national records in his time as a grower, but that elusive world record had been denied to him... until now!

"I'd grown big cucumbers but never quite long enough to beat the existing Guinness World Records title holder," said Sebastian.

"Growing super-long cucumbers is a risky business," he continues. "If you cut too soon, you're not going to have a record-breaker, but if you leave it too long, you get into the danger zone. You risk your cucumber rotting as it grows - you don't want it exploding on you!"

Sebastian cut his king-sized cucumber at just the right time, and although it's starting to turn yellow, it's still intact, and will be for about 10 to 12 days more.

He almost lost out on the chance to be a record holder, however, when he was hospitalized at a crucial point in his cucumber's growth.

"Doctor found a leaking blood vessel in in my head and so I spent a week in hospital. But luckily my wife Renata was on hand to care for the cucumber and keep her well-watered and nourished. Without Renata, I wouldn't have this record."

And yes, Sebastian refers to his cucumber as a "she"! "They're one of the family, really, like babies that need a lot of love and attention."

He and Renata have four children, and the whole family seems to welcome these vegetal siblings into their lives.

Sebastian is a passionate gardener in his spare time, when he's not packing and shipping contact lenses for a living. Intriguingly, he's also curious about the pedigree of his seeds, and traced the history of the seed that bore his record-breaking cucumber.

"I've tracked the seed back 15 years to record-breaking specimens from the UK to Germany to Poland and back to the UK again," he explains, before name-dropping some of the most celebrated growers in the giant-vegetable community.

"These seeds have come to me from Piotr Holewa - the top grower in Poland, whose cucumbers can reach up to 99 cm long - via David Thomas, Peter Glazebrook and the original source, the famous Alf Cobb."

These last three gardeners have at some point held records for their grows. Cobb is a former holder of the longest cucumber record, and also the heaviest cucumber, which is currently held by Thomas.

Glazebrook, meanwhile, has also held both records in the past and was recently celebrated for growing the heaviest eggplant/aubergine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.guinnessworldrecords.com/amp/news/2022/8/worlds-longest-cucumber-record-broken-by-polish-grower-714400

Omox100000!!! Check out this cucumber (cucumis sativus) which holds the Guinness World Record Title for Longest in the world.

Anyone come across a longer one here in Nigeria?

Watch video:
www.youtube.com/shorts/McZqKYlmzhM

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by Kosoco(m): 1:43am On Aug 25, 2022
Naira Land girls will rush to this thread with full force of Centrifugal.

624 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by melonsgroup: 1:54am On Aug 25, 2022
Kosoco:
Naira Land girl will rush to this thread will full force of Centrifugal.
Nairalanders are known for vawulence......

335 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by matrix199(m): 2:54am On Aug 25, 2022
Holy molly! Those are huge cucumbers!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by kelvine(m): 3:42am On Aug 25, 2022
Laslas it is for breakfast

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by MandGEnterprise: 4:55am On Aug 25, 2022
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by Benwallt(m): 5:49am On Aug 25, 2022
These people don dey adulterate this thin. Must everything be agric?

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by kingPhidel(m): 5:59am On Aug 25, 2022
Make this thing no enter naija by any chance else hmmmm

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:14am On Aug 25, 2022
kingPhidel:
Make this thing no enter naija by any chance else hmmmm

Naija girls wey pussies don wide pass third mainland bridge. grin grin grin

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by mespusinglez(m): 6:47am On Aug 25, 2022
I DON DEY HATE THIS CUCUMBER

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by Oesophagus99(m): 6:49am On Aug 25, 2022
grin grin
Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by Oesophagus99(m): 6:50am On Aug 25, 2022
1 would be enough for a large family

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by mytime24(f): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2022
How much

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by lekkicctv(m): 8:03am On Aug 25, 2022
From Cucumber to Trichosanthes Cucumerina?

8 Likes

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by Tokskob2008: 8:06am On Aug 25, 2022
This ones are much more thicker

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by falcon01: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2022
Girls opening this topic dripping in them panties

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by SolarEngr(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2022
Omo.

Hope you aren't thinking what I'm thinking. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by lereinter(m): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2022
GM crop

4 Likes

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by mariahAngel(f): 8:49am On Aug 25, 2022
DenreleDave:
cheesy grin cheesy grin

Make MariahAngel / Mariangeles no catch this cucumber sha grin grin grin grin grin

Denrele, are you OK?
When did that rubbish start?
Have you ever known me to be that much of a joker on here, much less to stoop to that level? Ki lo wa fa osi?
No try that nonsense with me o!
Eru o ba e sa!

You know my pattern too well, so you either relate with me accordingly or you back off!
I don't delight in vulgar conversations. It has never been my style!
I don't roll like that.
I joke a lot, but not to that level.

A o ni di oloriburuku o!
May we not be unfortunate.

81 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by kingPhidel(m): 8:52am On Aug 25, 2022
grin grin grin
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Naija girls wey pussies don wide pass third mainland bridge. grin grin grin
Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by iamyemiakins(m): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2022
Nairaland feminists starved of dick after checking this thread

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by lifestyle1(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2022
This is huge fa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by floss(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by Onucs(m): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2022
Am sure, It will be bitter

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by Draslo(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2022
White girls will still stick it in

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records by DenreleDave(m): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2022
mariahAngel:

Denrele, are you OK?
When did that rubbish start?
Have you ever known me to be that much of a joker on here, much less to stoop to that level? Ki lo wa fa osi?
No try that nonsense with me o!
Eru o ba e sa!

You know my pattern too well, so you either relate with me accordingly or you back off!
I don't delight in vulgar conversations. It has never been my style!
I don't roll like that.
I joke a lot, but not to that level.

A o ni di oloriburuku o!
May we not be unfortunate.

EMI eru obodo

Now you see what you have in your head.. Negative things.... Don't be pessimistic at all times....

Stop giving another meaning to things......

. Dont you like eating cucumber?

92 Likes 11 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unbelievable: 100pcs Of Tubers Of Yam For N9,000... / Medication/vaccination Time Table For Poultry / My Cucumber Farm Dairy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.