Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia (3567 Views)

In spite of it's perils, Nigeria finally send troops to Somalia / Nigerian Brother's & Sister's Welcome To Somalia- The Horn Of Africa / Nigeria Set To Deploy Troops To Somalia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by aloyemeka2: 2:50am On Aug 08, 2011
[size=14pt]Iran donates USD 25 million to Somalia[/size]

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20110807/miriam20110807171146310.jpg[/img]
Iran's Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi says the Islamic Republic plans to donate USD 25 million to the famine-stricken people of Somalia.

“The USD 25 million worth of goods will be sent for the famine-stricken Somalis,” Salehi said on the sidelines of the Cabinet's meeting on Sunday.

The drought and the famine it has caused in the Horn of Africa nations have affected more than 11.8 million people across Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia.

Somalia is hardest-hit by what is described as the worst drought in the Horn of Africa in 60 years.

Last week Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei donated roughly USD 20,000 to the people of Somalia.

According to the UN, it is estimated that a quarter of Somalia's population of 9.9 million are now either internally displaced or living outside the country as refugees.

The United Nations has declared famine in five regions in the drought-ravaged Somalia, warning that the international humanitarian response to the crisis has been insufficient.

Somalia has been without a functioning government since 1991, when warlords overthrew the country's former dictator Mohamed Siad Barre.

Strategically located in the Horn of Africa, Somalia remains one of the countries generating the highest number of refugees and internally displaced persons in the world.

MYA/HGH/MMN

http://presstv.com/detail/192844.html
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by Amhatu(m): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2011
May Allah bless Iran!
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by Kunslen(m): 7:26am On Aug 10, 2011
Amiiin !!!
I don't know why people aren't reply. I guess they don't anything to say to that,
The truth has always been that Muslims are peace keepers and helpers NOT oppressors.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by playmode(m): 10:55am On Aug 10, 2011
Just goes to show that real muslims are always kind.

I wonder how much that conman "Bishop oydepo" has donated to somalia since this famine started undecided
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by mithel(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2011
common,u guys shudnt turn dis into a religion stuff.am very impressed with iran.thats what isreal shud be doin instead of waging war on poor small nations surrounding them.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by cdoffx(m): 11:02am On Aug 10, 2011
We people are our own problem iran donating to somalia how has that got to do with religion. I wonder why we cant religion to its place when we talk of matters outside it
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by justwise(m): 11:03am On Aug 10, 2011
Kunslen:

Amiiin !!!
I don't know why people aren't reply. I guess they don't anything to say to that,
The truth has always been that Muslims are peace keepers and helpers NOT oppressors.

Many countries have done that, Iran is not the first country to donate money, USA donated $105million, UK donated 42millions, for once Iran is doing something positive  rather than sending ship loads of weapons to Nigerian militant groups
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by LagosShia: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2011
playmode:

I wonder how much that conman "Bishop oydepo" has donated to somalia since this famine started undecided

Somalia is not "fertile ground for investment" so dont expect bishop oyedepo to donate a dime.missionaries invest where they expect more in return or the souls of the people in return.

besides,i think this thread should be in the islamic section.

as for the story itself,this shows again the good intention of Iran.Iran is predominantly Shia while Somalia is majority Sunni.the same with the palestinians who are also mostly Sunni,and the Iranians have tiredlessly helped them to resist occupation and zionist oppression.

this shows the strength of islamic brotherhood and also the humanitarian side of the muslims who help without expecting anything in return and only for the sake of Allah (swt).
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by vanariso(m): 11:16am On Aug 10, 2011
The USA will not be in the forefront now because Somalia has no oil, can come in later and hyjack everything as if they care, I pity for Niger delta/nigeria, they ve always been waiting in the gulf of guinea to strike, just like the devil often wait and calculate before  striking( see so many life examples, movie= devils advocate and the scriptures= Allah says in the Quran that the devil and his cohorts/demons can see you from a point u cant see them, they are a sworn/determine and glaring enemy to mankind).
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by justwise(m): 11:26am On Aug 10, 2011
vanariso:

The USA will not be in the forefront now because Somalia has no oil, can come in later and hyjack everything as if they care, I pity for Niger delta/nigeria, they ve always been waiting in the gulf of guinea to strike, just like the devil often wait and calculate before  striking( see so many life examples, movie= devils advocate and the scriptures= Allah says in the Quran that the devil and his cohorts/demons can see you from a point u cant see them, they are a sworn/determine and glaring enemy to mankind).

USA has being donating to Somalia for ages, EVEN though Somalians have being hijacking ships/boats belonging to USA and other countries. Trust me, if i were western countries i will allow those hungry animals to die of hunger. They don't worth the money.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by honeric01(m): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2011
Good for them sha.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by cinzo: 11:37am On Aug 10, 2011
playmode:

I wonder how much that conman "Bishop oydepo" has donated to somalia since this famine started  undecided

CAN YOU READ AT ALL THE POSTER SAID IRAN DONATED- THE LAST TIME I CHECKED IRAN WAS A COUNTRY AND YOU ARE BUSY COMPARING AN INDIVIDUAL OYEDEPO WITH A COUNTRY

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE ASKING IS HOW MUCH HAS NIGERIA AND OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES DONATED!
IF NOT FOR THE DONATIONS AND SELFLESSNESS OF THE WESTERN COUNTRIES, A LOT OF THESE STARVING AFRICAN COUNTRIES WOULD BE HISTORY BY NOW.  
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by justwise(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2011
cinzo:

CAN YOU READ AT ALL THE POSTER SAID IRAN DONATED- THE LAST TIME I CHECKED IRAN WAS A COUNTRY AND YOU ARE BUSY COMPARING AN INDIVIDUAL OYEDEPO WITH A COUNTRY

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE ASKING IS HOW MUCH HAS NIGERIA AND OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES DONATED!
IF NOT FOR THE DONATIONS AND SELFLESSNESS OF THE WESTERN COUNTRIES, A LOT OF THESE STARVING AFRICAN COUNTRIES WOULD BE HISTORY BY NOW.  

Western Countries don't have to donate to ANY African country, donation is act of charity. African countries should feed themselves, they don't have to depend on the western countries for donation ALL the time.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by cinzo: 11:45am On Aug 10, 2011
justwise:

Western Countries don't have to donate to ANY African country, donation is act of charity. African countries should feed themselves, they don't have to depend on the western countries for donation ALL the time.

CAN AFRICAN COUNTRIES ACTUALLY FEND FOR THEMSELVES IF YOU WATCH "SOMETIMES IN APRIL" YOU WILL WONDER WHAT OUR PROBLEMS ARE

SOMETIMES I WONDER IF THERE IS A CURSE IN AFRICA THE SENSELESS WAY WE DO THINGS MAKES ME WONDER IF WE REASON AT ALL lipsrsealed
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by Weedean(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2011
thumbs up for iran, i least expected this from them because, it is not easy for a country like iran to release such substantial amount of money given the high rate of terror attacks and bombs that has been devastating the country; big thanks.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by justwise(m): 11:51am On Aug 10, 2011
cinzo:

CAN AFRICAN COUNTRIES ACTUALLY FEND FOR THEMSELVES IF YOU WATCH "SOMETIMES IN APRIL" YOU WILL WONDER WHAT OUR PROBLEMS ARE

SOMETIMES I WONDER IF THERE IS A CURSE IN AFRICA THE SENSELESS WAY WE DO THINGS  MAKES ME WONDER IF WE REASON AT ALL lipsrsealed

Yes African countries can afford to fend for themselves, you can't keep blaming the western countries, they don't own any African country, some African countries are busy buying luxury cars with money donated by western countries, this is one of the reasons why USA and UK withheld donation to Malawi.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by redsun(m): 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2011
African countries don't have ideologies.And how can a nation like nigeria whos ideology is looting operate?
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by hajifaty: 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
Western States have nothing to offer you. they can give you thousands and expecting billions in return. they do not care about africa but oil and other natural resources.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by redsun(m): 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2011
A donation with a dangerous hitch,if you ask me.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
hajifaty:

Western States have nothing to offer you. they can give you thousands and expecting billions in return. they do not care about africa but oil and other natural resources.

Its give and take situation, they get ur oil and u take their money, why do you expect the west to give you stuff for free?

Why can't African countries look after themselves? Always carrying begging plate around asking for donations.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by obailala(m): 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
playmode:

I wonder how much that conman "Bishop oydepo" has donated to somalia since this famine started  undecided

The folly of some people stinks to high heavens. Comparing a developed nation to an individual in Nigeria  angry angry
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by Mobinga: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2011
justwise:

USA has being donating to Somalia for ages, EVEN though Somalians have being hijacking ships/boats belonging to USA and other countries. Trust me, if i were western countries i will allow those hungry animals to die of hunger. They don't worth the money.

First of you're an Animal. Secondly get back to secondary school and learn how to write English.
They are not worth the money, this is the reasoning of an absolute ldiot, who/what is WORTH the money? African mentality, that's why your likes never progress.
You call them animals? What are you yourself? Reason before you post shit.

Arsshole.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2011
Mobinga:

First of you're an Animal. Secondly get back to secondary school and learn how to write English.
They are not worth the money, this is the reasoning of an absolute ldiot, who/what is WORTH the money? African mentality, that's why your likes never progress.
You call them animals? What are you yourself? Reason before you post poo.

Arsshole.

Yes those hungry terrorist shouldn't be given any donation, they don't deserve it. Mo.rons like you should to be sent there to join those animals, the world will be a better place without bloody plonkers like you.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by Mobinga: 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2011
justwise:

Yes those hungry terrorist shouldn't be given any donation, they don't deserve it. Mo.rons like you should to be sent there to join those animals, the world will be a better place without bloody plonkers like you.

This just confirmed my earlier statement.

No further conversations ensue.

You're an animal.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by readymade: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2011
What does Iran want in return?

There will be payback time o, wait and see
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by dabrake(m): 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2011
9s 1 Iran
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2011
Mobinga:

This just confirmed my earlier statement.

No further conversations ensue.

You're an animal.

Your hungry brothers should go to hell with their begging plates. What happened to all the money they made from hijacking ships/boats? When will they start looking after their own? Evil wicked souls who will still kill those helping them.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by emmatok(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
playmode:

Can you see some fools starting another Christians vs Muslims war here.

How many Muslims here can live in Iran, yet you see them bashing the US.
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by delegiwa(m): 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2011
Kunslen:

Amiiin !!!

Aren't u funny?

Your first reaction on this news was to whip of religious sentiments instead of facing the issue.  The truth is that what Iran did is right and commendable but should not be seen under "your" religious eye.  The country is building up their foreign policy cv and you are here shouting religion.

By the way, if every other country had decided to start when Iran started, believe me every single poor Somalian would have been dead a long time ago.  I hope u understood my point.

Well Done Iran and welcome to the commity of helpers!
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by delegiwa(m): 1:32pm On Aug 10, 2011
LagosShia:

Somalia is not "fertile ground for investment" so dont expect bishop oyedepo to donate a dime.missionaries invest where they expect more in return or the souls of the people in return.

besides,i think this thread should be in the islamic section.

as for the story itself,this shows again the good intention of Iran.Iran is predominantly Shia while Somalia is majority Sunni.the same with the palestinians who are also mostly Sunni,and the Iranians have tiredlessly helped them to resist occupation and zionist oppression.

this shows the strength of islamic brotherhood and also the humanitarian side of the muslims who help without expecting anything in return and only for the sake of Allah (swt).

I just learnt something from you now on Shia and Sunni right now. However, not everything should be on religion. Can we not just discuss countries without discussing their religion for goodness sakes? Let us practice our faiths in our privates and discuss intelligently outside and not to bring in religion when we don't know what next to say. It is not a must that we participate in any thread.

Pls don't see this as a reprimand but I hate it when people discuss issues based on ethnicity or religion. It makes me sick

Once again I say congrats to Iran!
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by ogbongzky(m): 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
wont Nigeria donate?
Re: Iran Donates $25 Million To Somalia by Mobinga: 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2011
ogbongzky:

wont Nigeria donate?
These broke-ass basthards?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nude Photos Of Rwandan Presidential Candidate 'diane Shima Rwigara' Released / Was 9/11 Really Just An Act Of Terrorism Or An Inside Job By The US Govt.? / Son Of Shah Of Iran Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.