Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:57 PM

Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? (3248 Views)

Why Do Guys Feel Intimidated By Girls With Cars? / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? / Are Nigerian Girls Intimidated By Handsome Boys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Pweety4me(f): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2011
Are Some Men Really Intimidated By: Self-sufficient and independent women?

Or simply ashamed? perhaps if they had not reached the desired stage where they have thought they would be and this woman already has achieved that all?

Men & women what are your views?

smiley
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by obowunmi(m): 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Self-sufficent and independant women?

smiley

How about improve on your writing and english skills ? Must you open a thread ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Mynd44: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
Well, some men are but not all.
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Goldieluks: 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2011
men like you?^^ undecided undecided
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Pweety4me(f): 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
obowunmi:

How about improve on your writing and english skills ? Must you open a thread ? undecided undecided undecided
You lost me?
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Pweety4me(f): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
Mynd_44:

Well, some men are but not all.
So you can date a woman who has accomplished double of what you ave if possible?

Tell me how will you even approach such a lady?

Goldieluks:

men like you?^^ undecided undecided
Sounding like a dream grin tongue
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Madukaele(m): 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2011
pweety try and find a job, even if is teaching nursery school pupil
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Goldieluks: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
Madukaele:

Lmao,look who's talking,hehe!
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by kokoye(m): 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2011
stop using 'Self-sufficient and independant' as an excuse for trashy behaviour.

Lots of ladies get relationships everyday, regardless of what they have.
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Mynd44: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
@PWEETY
the same way I will approach an average Lady.
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Pweety4me(f): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
Madukaele:

I don't know why you don't give this kind of advise to people like 190?

kokoye:

stop using 'Self-sufficient and independant' as an excuse for trashy behaviour.

Lots of ladies get relationships everyday, regardless of what they have.
Who?the women?

Yes a lot of ladies get into 'relationships' as you claim?but what really is a relationship nowadays?

Mynd_44:

@PWEETY
the same way I will approach an average Lady.
Honestly?be realistic undecided
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by cantell(m): 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2011
Pweety4me:

Self-sufficient and independant women?

Or simply ashamed?perhaps if they had not reached the desired stage where they have thought they would be and this woman already has achieved that all?

smiley

You again? SMH
Pweety4me:

I don't know why you don't give this kind of advise to people like 190?

Who?the women?

Yes a lot of ladies get into 'relationships' as you claim?but what really is a relationship nowadays?

190's case is helpless(20,000+)
You still have a chance(15,000+)
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Pweety4me(f): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^190 is a bot not human, plse don't compare me 2 such wink
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by lindabon: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2011
an independent and sufficient woman is kind of a challenge for many men. and most men wouldn't want to be challenged by their women. scares d crap out of most guys. they fink it makes them less of a man.  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by kokoye(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
Blame the system and blame the mothers (which most of you will be someday).

The system and mothers drum it into the men to be the breadwinner or nothing else.

And most ladies consider themselves 'successful' when they find a wealthy man.

So . . who's to blame?
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by r231(m): 11:03pm On Aug 08, 2011
undecided undecided undecided

you are on fire today grin grin
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by pleep(m): 1:57am On Aug 09, 2011
I'll never find a woman more accomplished than me! God forbid bad thing tongue
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Mynd44: 2:07am On Aug 09, 2011
Pweety4me:

Yeah whats so special about it. Some women are actually level headed unlike some people I know
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by iice(f): 3:41am On Aug 09, 2011
Some are. Some aren't.
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by 190: 6:49am On Aug 09, 2011
This is what happens when there are not enough MEN around london to share the pucee around

they all taken to J.D sports and women OP are left to seek online d1cks love
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by bknight: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2011
a lady's financial independence only implies i have one less thing to worry about.it doesnt mean she can't be dependent on u for some other things, say security? many girls needs d man to do all d thinking for them, or some emotional loving? even spiritual advice n guidance sef believe me, there's but one thing dumber than a man in love -a woman in love. typically, a woman truly in love will defend her own! less accomplished man or not.and my nigerian girls aint different, even d NLers who say they cant take a bullet 4 my hommies -na lie!!  grin u'd see a lady beaten blue black everyday and ends up in hospital for corrective surgery, she still says '. . but i love him'
so long as i dont ask anything of her + i hv mi some accomodation + my ride? intimidate wetin? is u a sissy?

marriage na different mata sha  lipsrsealed
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by adosjun(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2011
When i hear women saying men r intimidate by a beautiful, intelligent, wealthy or independent women, I jst laugh, What men r really intimidated of r their nasty character and nt their success or they being independent, I hv had my share of a few n i knw wat i'm talkin,
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by yusuf2(m): 9:05am On Aug 09, 2011
Pweety4me:

Self-sufficient and independant women?

[b]Or simply ashamed?[/b]perhaps if they had not reached the desired stage where they have thought they would be and this woman already has achieved that all?

smiley

confused @ bolded, though It all boils down to the Egocentric nature of the man in question, but i wld want to believe that in this world of today, men dating and getting married to women more accomplished than they are is becoming a thing of the norm, only downside is it's usually more challenging to maintain such relationships.
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by bknight: 9:19am On Aug 09, 2011
adosjun:

When i hear women saying men r intimidate by a beautiful, intelligent, wealthy or independent women, I jst laugh, What men r really intimidated of r their nasty character and nt their success or they being independent

true dat!
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by magic26736: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2011
ok some men are but not all.
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by LesbianBoy(m): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2011
bknight:

a lady's financial independence only implies i have one less thing to worry about.it doesnt mean she can't be dependent on u for some other things, say security? many girls needs d man to do all d thinking for them, or some emotional loving? even spiritual advice n guidance sef believe me, there's but one thing dumber than a man in love -a woman in love. typically, a woman truly in love will defend her own! less accomplished man or not.and my nigerian girls aint different, even d NLers who say they cant take a bullet 4 my hommies -na lie!! grin u'd see a lady beaten blue black everyday and ends up in hospital for corrective surgery, she still says '. . but i love him'[/b]so long as i dont ask anything of her + i hv mi some accomodation + my ride? intimidate wetin? is u a sissy?

marriage na different mata sha lipsrsealed

The thing they always amaze me and i feel like killing them when i hear them tok like that angry angry angry angry

adosjun:

When i hear women saying men r intimidate by a beautiful, intelligent, wealthy or independent women, I jst laugh, [b]What men r really intimidated of r their nasty character and nt their success or they being independent
, I hv had my share of a few n i knw wat i'm talkin,

Thank you very much cheesy cheesy pls tell them ladies! tongue tongue tongue i have notice that wat they always feel! grin grin grin grin fear fire angry angry angry angry na the girl day feed me so why should i fear mtsheeeeeeew undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Nayah(f): 9:38am On Aug 09, 2011
I'm not going to say intimidated, but it's kind of paradoxical behaviour, some are claming not really appreciated woman who "beg" but in the meantime they don't feel "useless", so I'd answer it depends on which type of women some are dating
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by LesbianBoy(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2011
cantell:

You again? SMH190's case is helpless(20,000+)
You still have a chance(15,000+)

Cantell bro i am telling u 190 case na another 'tori' entirely, his post is even more than the owner of nairaland  grin grin grin grin grin and tommorrow u wud hear him say ma girlfriend this, the girl i met today, i phuck punny today, which time did he use to do all he claims he is doing when he is always on nairaland, grin grin grin grin grin grin

beside he is about to break a record on nairaland as the only member to visit this site from january to december! shocked shocked shocked shocked he has 4 months and few weeks to break the record, wandering how i know, well any time am not online, the day i come only and i am going tru threads i always see 190 comments which shows he was online the day/days i was not  tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by LongOne1(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2011
I guess it depends on the Lady in question. In the first place, how many Women in Nigeria become self-sufficient and independent based on just hard work?

Some sleep around with their bosses/alhajis/married men/politicians to achieve this and when they meet men who aren’t in their league, they talk down at them, showing their true nasty character.
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Nayah(f): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2011
Long One, I'm sure Nigerian women try or are working already maybe it depends on the culture and the work opportunites, because i've seen a lot African ladies trying to put a bit money for feeding their families so let's try to see longer more than blaming easily
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by LongOne1(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2011
@ Nayah

Yeah, it’s probably a culture thing. The downside is it might lead to the Lady drumming it into her boyfriend’s/husband’s head that she bought this or that, as men are expected to provide for their girlfriend/wife in the Nigerian culture.

In the West, it does not really matter. My Black, British flatmate’s girlfriend has a graduate level job and a brand new car-he does not have either, but he feels quite comfortable tagging along in the passenger’s seat. He is still the Boss, and she gives him respect – In Nigeria, this would not suffice, as he would probably receive alotta insults from her.
Re: Are Men Really Intimidated By Successful & Independent Women? by Nayah(f): 10:33am On Aug 09, 2011
So you see Long One, we can explain some behaviours ( not all of course) because yes I'm sure some women are "lazy" doing something for their own, but try to undersant in which culuture and environnement you guys are evolving, do you think if Nigeria would offer more job opportunities, some women would be "beggars" as some are saying?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Queens!! / Why Do Men Cheat On Their Beautiful Wives? / How To Know A Witch On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.