Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Finland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finland (9481 Views)

How To Get Scholarships For Masters In Sweden, Finland, Norway, France Orgermany / Nigerians In Finland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finland by olabillion: 10:23am On Aug 09, 2011
Can someone tell me what is delaying student resident permit to finland
Re: Finland by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 10, 2011
Im sure your application is not up to 8 wks yet, Am I right? if that is the cas,no cause for alarm if you submitted genuine and properly filled documents, Best of Luck
Re: Finland by esko: 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2011
@all, does it mean if its not up to 8wks after interview they wouldn't make a decision/issue a resident permit. Even when they are aware ur study commences this August ending? Also, do they mail everybody that applied or do they only invite people who have been decided positively to bring bak their passport for their residence permit? Pls reply
Re: Finland by echometry(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2011
Pls, i need people's advise on this issue:
i was asked on d interview date who my sponsor wil b while in finland, nd i replied dat my parent wil b majorly responsible nt knowin they wil request 4 dia statement cos dis is nt dia usual practise.
My parent acct is nt adequately funded bt i got someone who's acct is wel funded.
Pls,do u tink i shud send dat person's statement wen asked by d embassy.Thanks.
Re: Finland by capiti: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
Requesting bank statement started last year.
Their letter usually will ask you to send:

1) Documentation concerning Your means of support
Statement of account issued by Your bank indicating all transactions to and from Your bank account.

2) Clarification of Your funds. You are also kindly asked to clarify the source of the funds on Your account. If the funds are your own, please forward documents of your property / possible income (for example your wage slips etc.). In case someone is sponsoring you, please forward his/her statement of accounts from the last 3 months and also documentation of the origin of his/her funds (wage slips, employment contract or other documents which indicate his/her income or property).

Since you have told them it is your parents that will be sponsoring you, i will advice you show them the statement. Anything contrary to that may end up negative decision. So start working towards that before you are told to send their statement.

I am speaking from experience. All the best
Re: Finland by echometry(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2011
@capiti,tks 4 ur prompt response.since u said its a 3mnth statement dat wil b requested,dnt u tink its hazardous 4 me 2 open a new acct 4 dem nd begin 2 deposit huge sum nw.pls,am confused wit dis sponsor's statement.
Re: Finland by esko: 3:58am On Aug 19, 2011
@supposed moderators of dis thread, pls could u answer/reply my previous post. "Do d Finnish Embassy notify u via email on d status of ur application (eg. Ur appl has bn approved or refused, take ur passport to d embassy where u applied to receive d visa) at d end of d 8th weeks or do they conceal it from u until wen u have brought ur psprt? Pls choose4me, overloved& others help. Meanwhile my course like most others, starts 1st week of september which is barely 3weeks I was interviewed (d same day they rounded up students interview for d year according to them), would they wait until 8 weeks before giving us decision inspite of d fact we ought 2 hav traveled August ending for orientation which commences on 2nd sept. How would the unsuccessful applicants know since it wil be heart breaking to invite them to bring their pspt to Abuja only 2get a refused stamp? Pls,biko,mbok make una clear d air.tnx unded up students interview for d year according to them), would they wait until 8 weeks before giving us decision inspite of d fact we ought 2 hav traveled August ending for orientation which commences on 2nd sept. How would the unsuccessful applicants know since it wil be heart breaking to invite them to bring their pspt to Abuja only 2get a refused stamp? Pls,biko,mbok make una clear d air.tnx
Re: Finland by echometry(m): 5:10am On Aug 19, 2011
@esko,u'ld b notified thru ur mail if ur applicatn av bn granted or denied nd afterwards asks dat u either bring ur pasport personaly or thru courier 4 stampin if granted.am nt sure they stamp ur passport if denied.besides,wen did they end d interview?
Re: Finland by esko: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
@echometry, they ended interview for d year on d 11th of August, 2011. Are u really sure the Finnish Embassy would accept passport through courier if application is approved? Because if so, then I hav no problem as I can travel to Trnc if no decision comes b4 d expiration of my visa. Thereafter, I would courier my passport down to naija from trnc if I get any notification.(to and fro, I know Dhl does that for Australian embassy and others), then once I receive bak my pspt from courier, I would then leave Trnc for Finland. Does it happen like that for real? Pls @echometry, confirm or better still post link for my personal confirmation.tnx assy and others), then once I receive bak my pspt from courier, I would then leave Trnc for Finland. Does it happen like that for real? Pls @echometry, confirm or better still post link for my personal confirmation.tnx
Re: Finland by mbatuku1: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ capiti

pls how much is the least amount expected to be in my parents account if they are sponsoring me?
Re: Finland by echometry(m): 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ esko,my frnd dat went last yr sent his passport thru dhl 2 d embassy wen granted bt he made payment for its return wen they stamped it.he was also given d option of bringin it personaly if he wishes.
Re: Finland by capiti: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2011
@mbatuku1 There is no specific amount but what they want to see is the inflows and outflows of cash in the account. When i did mine last year my sponsors account had about 1.2million.

@echometry I dont know if that will be advisable but if your sponsor has an account already, i will suggests you fund that account instead cos they will require 3 months statement.
Re: Finland by mbatuku1: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2011
What if I'm sponsoring myself, how much is expected to be in my account?

@capiti

pls can you send me a link to ****@yahoo.com. I'll like to ask a private question? Thanks
Re: Finland by Ojumiii(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2011
my interview was nine weeks ago and 3 week later i was ask to send the source of my funding and my sponsor's account statement and the source of his funding within 2 weeks, which i did reply within 3 days, but right now i am still waiting, so u should all wait soon the responces will come
Re: Finland by echometry(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2011
@ojumiii,
If ur sponsor is into busines,wat is d likely doc 2 prove his source of income?pls,wat did u present in ur own case?i'ld also appreciate if u can forward d particular mail requestn 4 dos docs 2 my add
akraj005@yahoo.co.uk in order 2 get mysef prepared ahead of wen they wil request 4 it.tks
Re: Finland by overloved(m): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2011
About 1,500 application are still pending, this is the report by migri yesterday. Depending on when u applied for your RP, u might receive decision by oct 2011.

http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/content.asp?article=4241
Re: Finland by Ojumiii(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
If your sponsor is into busines,wat is d likely doc 2 prove his source of income?pls,wat did u present in your own case?i'ld also appreciate if u can forward d particular mail requestn 4 dos docs 2 my add
akraj005@yahoo.co.uk in order 2 get mysef prepared ahead of wen they wil request 4 it.tks

Clarification of Your funds:

1) Statement of account issued by your bank indicating all transactions to and from your bank account starting from June 2011 until this date. The statement needs to indicate the account owner's name and the currency of the deposit. Please note that the bank account is to be under your name and solely in your use. Please spesify also the origin of your funds.

2) You have stated that your uncle is sponsoring your studies in Finland. Please forward documentation of the origin of your uncle's funds (pay slips, employment contract or other documents which indicate his income/assets/the origin of the funds) along with an official statement of account issued by your uncle's bank indicating all transactions to and from his account starting from June 2011 until this date.

Please send the information to the Finnish Immigration Service within two weeks from the date of this letter. All the documents are to be sent via a Finnish embassy, the embassy is required to see the originals of all the necessary documents. The matter may be decided by the Finnish Immigration Service whether the applicant complies with the stipulated time or not. You should note, however, that lack of any information requested may be to your disadvantage.
Re: Finland by billking(m): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
Pls could some 1 advice me, my sponsor gave is company statement of account , instead of is personal statement of account and NW he is out of d country, pls help with an advice, is it good 2 submit is company statement, pls help.

I
Re: Finland by esko: 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
@choose4me, echometry and others presently in Finland, I have a serious matter I want to discuss with you. Could you please post your email address for me to write you or mail me via drikeji@yahoo.com. Thanks very much for your prompt response in anticipation
Re: Finland by lacuna(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2011
hello peeps, really very bothered right now. This is about the tenth week i appeared for interview at the embassy of finland in respect of my residence permit application for a Master's degree studies, i am yet to get a decision. I have sent two mails, still no response. all others who appeared after me that i personally know have been communicated to, would could have gone wrong? any help?
Re: Finland by charlie22: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2011
sup peeps, anyone goin vaasa town?
Re: Finland by dayoagoke: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
i'm supposed to be going to vaasa but this is like the 14th week that i was interviewed and i've not got any communication, i sent mails with no response, is this a sign of a negative decision?
Re: Finland by slevin: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2012
Etyeye
Re: Finland by umoski1(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2012
Please i need your help..what type of questions should I expect from the finnish enbassy and I heard you can't use a sponsor account,it has to be your account.am applying this year and I want to be fully prepared.thanks a lot
Re: Finland by juman(m): 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2012
umoski1: Please i need your help..what type of questions should I expect from the finnish enbassy and I heard you can't use a sponsor account,it has to be your account.am applying this year and I want to be fully prepared.thanks a lot

Most importantly thing is that you should be truthful in answering the questions at the Finnish embassy.

Hope you will get one nairalander that will give you hints.

Finnish people are straight forward and good people.
Re: Finland by toskybrown(f): 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
hello peeps, i need your help. i am married to a Finnish citizen based in Spain.we legalized our marriage certificate with the Finnish embassy in abuja and also the necessary documents so i cld join my husband in spain.The spanish embassy in lagos have been so uncooperative since i got married last june.i finally applied for my resident visa on the 18th of January 2012.
I was not called until the 6th of this month and my visa was refused base on not giving them the legalized marriage document from Finland which was not true.The Spanish embassy have not been helpful at all.
My husband has decided that we should go through his home country so i could join him in spain by requesting for a visiting visa at the Finnish embassy .we are presenting our marriage certificate and all the necessary documents but i would want someone to enlighten me on the process and what our chances would be.thanks
Re: Finland by sujex2015: 4:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Gud day everybody....pls I am a graduate of physiology here in nigeria.....nd I nid 2 continue my medical study in finland.....pls I want an update on how I cam apply, visa application details, info on sponsor....etc
Re: Finland by daygme(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2014
Re: Finland by herrlicher: 3:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hello nairalanders. I have been following your wonderful posts all these while and I have to say that am really thrilled. I will be applying soon for a master programme @ a finnish uni but am practically interested in the issue of finances. I studied Electronics and Computer Engineering and would really like some1 to throw more light on the issue of finances coz I believe that's the most important thing to any embassy. My sponsor is thinking of depositing about 12500euros in my account for the 2 years master studies. Any other need for his own bank statement and fund declaration stuffs
Re: Finland by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
herrlicher:
Hello nairalanders. I have been following your wonderful posts all these while and I have to say that am really thrilled. I will be applying soon for a master programme @ a finnish uni but am practically interested in the issue of finances. I studied Electronics and Computer Engineering and would really like some1 to throw more light on the issue of finances coz I believe that's the most important thing to any embassy. My sponsor is thinking of depositing about 12500euros in my account for the 2 years master studies. Any other need for his own bank statement and fund declaration stuffs

that's way too much.. you only need to show proof of funds for one year at a time and that's about 6720euros.. you'll still need to present your sponsors SOA.. follow the other study in Finland thread.. you'll get more up to date info there
Re: Finland by herrlicher: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2015
Thank u very much pal..am greatful
Re: Finland by owoyale1: 8:32am On Jul 08, 2015
Hi guys,

Before you embark on your "study fro free - in Finland" journey, you need to be well informed and educated about the reality of things over there. Get Advise from our brothers over there! http://www.ineedscholarships.com/2015/07/tuition-free-universities-in-finland.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are You Still Abroad? / Fourteen Persons Die In Jigawa Auto Crash / Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.