Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,030 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:42 AM

What Do You Advise Me To Do? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Advise Me To Do? (24297 Views)

Please Advise Me On Which Certification To Get / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Advise Me To Do? by DaddyGideon: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
Good day Nairalanders
I've been a regular member in here but I'd decided to open a fresh account for the sake of privacy, and please pardon my typographical errors or probably correct them for me cause I like learning.

So here's the thing, I've been working for someone as a labourer for the past five years in a small private company. A very stressful work and very time consuming that I see no future in it and its affecting my health at the same time causeI always look stressed up, however I've been able to save a little over 3 million within this period of time. But your man is getting old, am 27 and by now I'm supposed to have a sable business of my own I should be doing.

Now am planning to leave the work cause to me it seems like I've wasted all this years cause I don't have any single skill to start with, I have no knowledge of any business to venture into and if I decide to go and start learning handwork it will take me more time, hence my confusion.. So many thought have been going through my mind. if I should relocate, buy a small car and start uber business or if I should look for a way and leave the country, or if I should just venture into business.

Please guys what do you advise me to do

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Sirlins(m): 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hmmm you're able to save 3 million within this short period of time, expenses excluded and u are not still comfortable ? Ok oo no place is easy my guy, a bird at hand is better. The only advice I can give you is to invest or startup a business and place someone there to be building it for u. No quit your job ooo you're very young @27 ibu tata jide 3m na complain ........ wahala

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Alvelt14(m): 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
If you can leave the country, it is better but in all you do. Be careful and avoid losing your money to scammers.

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by gaby(m): 10:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
In whatever you decide, erase Uber/Bolt from your list of to-dos

What's your location op?

If you live close to a higher institution of learning, I would advise you venture into telephone/laptop business.

I could assist you with this and how to go about it.

You could also sign up on coursera to do a course on data analysis.

Finally, forget about how old you think you are, and find a good school to study nursing. E get why..

Good luck...

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by fuckfuckman(m): 10:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
R
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Authoreety: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
I will advice you leave Naija if you have a welcoming destination, but wait till after elections, if Peter Obi wins, the situation of the economy can make you deciude on ur next step.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by iCauseTrouble: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
angry
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by slawomir: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Get a car and do bolt niggar

But before that relocate to a place where people patronize runz babe, a city where people patronize hotels alot....clubbing and drinking and smoking a place where youths mostly live life in the fast lane..so that your bolt abi uber business will excel

If you can figure out a state or city like that then boom you will make money with that car...
I would have suggest Benin city for you

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Connected1: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
There's what we call testing the waters.

That job of yours is well paying since you could save #3m in 5 years, you only feel you deserve more, which isn't bad.

Business too is stressful and mysterious, unless you want to opt for the quicker way to succeed business wise, which I won't talk about here.

Testing the Waters; you could start a business while working there and you invest in it gradually by employing someone to manage it for you, then you check records and accounts at your free time till you gain popularity around town and have loyal customers, then you can decide to stop.

Don't go all in, people telling you about businesses, entrepreneurship, uber business and all that don't tell you exactly how they succeed, it's a dark and corrupt world out here, more like a rat-race.

25 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by AllKnowing: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
This’ll be quick. You’ve got a skill, OP; you’ve definitely picked up salient information from your current job and employer over the years. Yes yes, useful knowledge/ information is also a SKILL! I said it!

What do I advise:

1. Armed with 3M you could, starting January, try to replicate a business similar to the company’s where you work. Use only 35% of this 3M as your initial capital. Do not start a business you haven’t apprenticed at. If by June 2023 your business hasn’t got some form of traction, then activate my second suggestion...

2. Leave Nigeria. Avoid the popular pitfall of aiming at USA, or Canada, or UK, or Germany with 2.6M balance. Give Austria or Finland or Norway or France a shot.

Godspeed, Sir!

Addendum:

1. To all those asking how 3M can finance a japa trip, I really hope you have an active browser on your phone. The world doesn’t start and end with the UK or US. Other first world nations exist and there’s something called “scholarships” and “tuition waivers”.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by BabaCommander: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
Continue working there till this time next year.
If you go into business atm, you are likely to find it had to survive because of the volatile economy.
Work till after next year's election before making a decision.

16 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Truthday: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
I love president Muhammadu Buhari.

May Almighty Allah Grant him more wisdom to lead overcome our challenges.

We will achieve the Nigeria of our dreams. Long live our amiable president.

Let's embrace love and peace, Nigerians only in this, we can grow and reach our destined goal. Let's stay away from any successive agenda. Nigeria as a complete nation is light-years better than any successive state. If it doesn't end in war killing millions, it will still lead to so several ethic groups wanting independence or taking several decades to find the footprint of such state.

Let's see our igbo kwenu, Dan Hausa-Fulan and Omoluabi Yoruba as lovable brothers that we've always been.

It's in this we can live to see the naija of our dreams and to see that were making progress acd6grusing daily is evident that we'll get there.

May Almighty God in his infinite mercy bless nigeria

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by nwakibie3(m): 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
Use the money play 2 odds on Saturday to double your hustle

12 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by blaquebelle: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
Pray earnestly. You will see opportunities start to present themselves and the holy spirit will guide you on what decision to take.

19 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by SadiqBabaSani: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
Just be wary of fraudsters, I advise you buy a corrola and do Uber

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Beosten(m): 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
B
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Melodydoctor: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
Use all the money stake Haaland to score hattrick and thank me later grin

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by NwaNimo1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
A.nother

P.athetic

C.itizen

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by motionarena: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders
I've been a regular member in here but I'd decided to open a fresh account for the sake of privacy, and please pardon my typographical errors or probably correct them for me cause I like learning.

So here's the thing, I've been working for someone as a labourer for the past five years in a small private company. A very stressful work and very time consuming that I see no future in it and its affecting my health at the same time causeI always look stressed up, however I've been able to save a little over 3 million within this period of time. But your man is getting old, am 27 and by now I'm supposed to have a sable business of my own I should be doing.

Now am planning to leave the work cause to me it seems like I've wasted all this years cause I don't have any single skill to start with, I have no knowledge of any business to venture into and if I decide to go and start learning handwork it will take me more time, hence my confusion.. So many thought have been going through my mind. if I should relocate, buy a small car and start uber business or if I should look for a way and leave the country, or if I should just venture into business.

To save up to 3m means u have been paid well to some extent

13 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Kemadealadire(f): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
You will still be the one to sit down to decide what you want to do. Nobody will do that for you.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Wawelexy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Open a small supermarket store...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
grin
Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by ennyj01(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
I am glad it finally got to front page. You will get reasonable advise now unlike the rubbish comments litttered everywhere above mine.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Ariba2(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Uber isn't a bad idea especially in a less populated city like ibadan. Good idea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Gokoyer1401: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Op, don't inbox or reply to anyone pm o! Save guard your 3milla wella. Anyone that have suggestions for you should post it here for you.

Your labor will not be in vain.
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Truthday: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ok. Good.

I love president Muhammadu Buhari. May Almighty Allah God grant him more wisdom to overcome our challenges.

Our loved president

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Angrydaveed2(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
DaddyGideon:
Good day Nairalanders

Let me teach you the skill of web development, it’s a skill that is in high demand, it allows you to work from the comfort of your home and you can also diversify into other areas such as digital marketing; while also creating passive income from monthly web maintenance services and a whole lot more. If you are interested in this kindly send me an email :
Info@energeewebdevelopment.com

We offer online tutorials, and we give the first class free so that if you are satisfied then you make payments and we continue.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Mexyz(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Don't have any advise for you, but in all you do, please do not reply any mail from any nairalander ooo.

Seeing that 3Million naira in your write up is enough to attract useless scammers here.

Be warned!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by Romanoff(f): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Uber or bolt is your best bet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by BlessedDay21: 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Oga, buy small car take run uber.

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Advise Me To Do? by PeterObi4LP: 10:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Let me wait for the elders to arrive. Typing...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The 5 Rules Of Spending / Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo) / Police vs Army: Who Earns More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.