Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Ladi Martins Is Dead - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ladi Martins Is Dead (7728 Views)

Obafemi Martins Is Dating Balotelli's Sister (photos) / Obafemi Martins Is Dating Mario Balotteli's Sister , Abigail Barwuah / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladi Martins Is Dead by showbobo(m): 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2011

Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by honeric01(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
Which one come be death death death self?
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by jpworld(m): 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2011
rip
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
Eeyah. Remember reading his interview few years ago. I even heard he is better than Martins but not as lucky. Inna lilahi wa inna ilaehi rajiun
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by enomakos(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2011
wetin de happened for nigeria these days ,so much death

R.I.P
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by dominique(f): 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
never heard of him. may he RIP.
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by showbobo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2011
Jarus:

Eeyah. Remember reading his interview few years ago. I even heard he is better than Martins but not as lucky. Inna lilahi wa inna ilaehi rajiun
Dude was better than femi martins. . . he was just unlucky and series of injuries forced him into early retirement. cry
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by dempeople(m): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2011
My sympathies to Obafemi and the family for, such is life. We shall all depart this world one day.
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by udbyron1(m): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2011
its really a pity ,RIP
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by stevenosa(m): 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2011
May His Gentle Soul Rest in Peace
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Ayoobscom(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2011
From God we have come an to HIM is our eventual return,
Ina lilahi waina ileihi rajiun
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Greenpro: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2011
rip
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Pamperme: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2011
May his soul rest in perfect peace,
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Gbenge77(m): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
Really sad.
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by frenchman2: 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2011
RIP. never heard of him
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2011
May his soul rest in peace!!
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Abayomin70(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2011
is as if dis guy no he was goin to die he was in my hall last month close to a wik with is range rover sport d guy sure pass;we in olooto hall oou ago iwoye olopo-merin is sayin rest in peace and ur girl ramat here is also sayin RIP
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Jarnik: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2011
rip cry
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by ganny1: 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2011
the guy na my guy here in Ausria. he always give me respect and always bow his head when ever he want to greet me me. rest in peace
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by ganny1: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2011
its painful, we stayed together here in Austria, and hes very respectful. always bow his head whenever he want to greet me, despit the fact that hes famous. i real like him for that. rest in peace. Austrian doctors have tried there best on his sickness but they found nothin, only with the result of high blood pressure. love u brother
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Kaydonphil(m): 5:55am On Aug 12, 2011
Rip ladi martin .condolence to the obafemi family we are all strangers in this world
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by isleman(m): 7:38am On Aug 12, 2011
Once played against his team at campus square> he is far better player. Who knows martins? people watched ladi, he was also disciplined player. Obafemi rose via him. he got the sympathy people had for his elder brother.

their mother (alhaja) died recently, now its ladi. cant say anything more. may God help us here.
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 12, 2011
And to think he was in Roding Hospital in Ajah here when I passed there on Monday.
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by meexteriox(m): 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2011
I grew up in d same hood wit him. Then, we used to play intense street matches wit lots of rivalry.
He use to represent Savage street, Orile while i play for Jubrila street. Akin (Obafemi) main job back then was holding our
clothes during matches. He was a far better player than Akin (Obafemi), infact he went to Europe before
Akin (Obafemi) before Churchill (Chairman) took him (Obafemi) to Italy. I could go on and on about this football playing
family and also relish good memories of yore.
Though, it's over 15 years i saw Ladi, i know he was a gentle soul who had lots of good intentions for his fellow human being.
Ladi rest in peace, you've certainly gone too soon, too damn soon. In all God knows best for us. May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

Adieu Ladi Baba
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by fredoooooo: 2:08am On Aug 14, 2011
meexteriox:

I grew up in d same hood wit him. Then, we used to play intense street matches wit lots of rivalry.
He use to represent Savage street, Orile while i play for Jubrila street. Akin (Obafemi) main job back then was holding our
clothes during matches. [s]He was a far better player than Akin (Obafemi), infact he went to Europe before
Akin (Obafemi) before Churchill (Chairman) took him (Obafemi) to Italy. I could go on and on about this football playing
family and also relish good memories of yore. [/s] Though, it's over 15 years i saw Ladi, i know he was a gentle soul who had lots of good intentions for his fellow human being.
Ladi rest in peace, you've certainly gone too soon, too damn soon. In all God knows best for us. May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

Adieu Ladi Baba

isleman:

Once played against his team at campus square> [s]he is far better player. Who knows martins? people watched ladi, he was also disciplined player. Obafemi rose via him. he got the sympathy people had for his elder brother.[/s]
their mother (alhaja) died recently, now its ladi. cant say anything more. may God help us here.
lies lies and lies , yo knew nothing about all this stuff , why dont you people just write about the dead and leave all this untrue stories
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 14, 2011
Why dont you prove too that it's untrue?

3 people that dont know one another are confirming something, and I have also heard he was better than Obafemi(only unlucky) far back 5 years ago from somebody that knew them, and you're sayiing it's not true without any proof.
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by fredoooooo: 6:21am On Aug 14, 2011
Jarus:

Why dont you prove too that it's untrue?

3 people that dont know one another are confirming something, and I have also heard he was better than Obafemi(only unlucky) far back 5 years ago from somebody that knew them, and you're sayiing it's not true without any proof.

all that said hes better than martins etc , have you ever ask them which role he played that make him better than Oba ?what make him better than Oba ? Hes a good player no no doubt , he may be unlucky no doubt but better than martins or travell before martins its all lies ,  Oba came to fc ebedei 1st before Ladi martins , Oba travell 1st before ladi ( oba travelled with omonigo, ugo , ayo makinwa but oba and makinwa were the ones who pass trial then according to the manager , and they both remain while the other two came back to 9ja , another set of people travelled after them  are eliakwu , okoroji , aganun and ajide , follow by saula , agodirin , and co before ladi travel to europe , what now make ladi a better player or travelled first before Obafemi?,
Saying ladi is a more discipline player than martins etc its a lie , Oba is more discipline when they were younger ,more  hard wokring and know what he want from the young age .Ladi is a very good player technically but hes not the type that work for the team and doesnt like physical traning , so what make him more discipline than Oba ? ,
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by norrisman: 10:37am On Aug 14, 2011
fredoooooo:

all that said hes better than martins etc , have you ever ask them which role he played that make him better than Oba ?what make him better than Oba ? Hes a good player no no doubt , he may be unlucky no doubt but better than martins or travell before martins its all lies , Oba came to fc ebedei 1st before Ladi martins , Oba travell 1st before ladi ( oba travelled with omonigo, ugo , ayo makinwa but oba and makinwa were the ones who pass trial then according to the manager , and they both remain while the other two came back to 9ja , another set of people travelled after them are eliakwu , okoroji , aganun and ajide , follow by saula , agodirin , and co before ladi travel to europe , what now make ladi a better player or travelled first before Obafemi?,
Saying ladi is a more discipline player than martins etc its a lie , Oba is more discipline when they were younger ,more hard wokring and know what he want from the young age .Ladi is a very good player technically but hes not the type that work for the team and doesnt like physical traning , so what make him more discipline than Oba ? ,

It is obvious Fredoooo knows what he is talking about. About Ladi being better than Obafemi is subjective and invidual opinions vary. Please guys dont turn this into a bashing thread. Let people who wish just pay respect to the dead. Thanks guys.
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2011
We are not bashing one another. I agree fredoo knows what he is saying, but like youu said judgment on who is btter is subjective. I have met people that know them saying Ladi was a better player and Fredoo said Obafemi is. No problems. Different people, different conclusion.
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by COLDMIND(m): 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2011
yes u guys are actually right? i knew him too. he also played in coker secondary school. they were both good
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by fredoooooo: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2011
norrisman:

It is obvious Fredoooo knows what he is talking about. About Ladi being better than Obafemi is subjective and invidual opinions vary. Please guys dont turn this into a bashing thread. Let people who wish just pay respect to the dead. Thanks guys.

thnx guy , we are not bashin ourselves, i said it in my 1st post, that we should just pay condolence to the dead and move on , Jarus want proof and i just have to give him a little from the many i know about the two guys
Re: Ladi Martins Is Dead by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2011
It is possible for someone to have been better that someone else at a time, abi?

What if 'Ladi was better back in the days these Nlanders knew them together?

A former classmate of mine once told me the same thing, years ago.

That doesn't mean he STAYED better than Obafemi ALL the time.

Anyway, RIP to another Nigerian star.

Why not some of these politicians, eh?

Na waa o! sad sad sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Football Under Amaju Pinnick NFF Moving Forward Or Backwards? / CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Out Of Order: Kaita Receives Death Threats After Red Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.