Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State (13293 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / Policeman Beaten Up In Oyo State For Allegedly Causing Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by okewole(m): 10:23am On Feb 24, 2006
Although I am an Ijebu but born and bred in Ibaadn, I've spent over 35 years in Ibadan.

Since the start of this dispensation I've watched passionately those people I think can govern Oyo State but Abiola Ajimola is not one of them. He may be intelligent, well read but he is too arrogant and self centered to govern a violatile state like Oyo state.

Let know your opinion.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by demmy(m): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2006
Iam from ibadan but living abroad and i have to admit this is the first time i'm hearing his name so i can't have an opinion but am interested so please furnish more info on him if you can.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by okewole(m): 10:04am On Feb 25, 2006
This is response to Demmy's request to know a bit abt Abiola Ajimobi[i][/i]-----Abiola Ajimobi is from Ibadan and a former managing director of National Oil now Conoil,He is presently the Senator representing Ibadan/I barapa senatorial district in the senate house under Alliance For Democracy.

He came in politic abt 3-4 month before the A.D primaries and due to the contribution of his father during the Awolowo era he was really round by the government of Alhaji Lam Adesina who provided him with platform and support to make sure that he won the primary at the Adamasingha Stadium beating Alhaji Soji Akanbi who was the most sort after candidate before he came.

Ever since he went to senate house he has grow wings that he did not respect the elder and leaders of the party saying it was his money that make hime won his election.He estabished a vocational study center at Oke-Ado were people are taught hair dressing,computer,taliorinG.

On the day he was to open the center he sent police that few selected memebers of the party faithful that work hard for his mandate should be allow into to place hence police was harrassing members of his party while he stood to his gun that member cant come in even when leaders and elders of the party pleaded to him.He was even forced to put the flag of the party A.D,this he did on tha day when leaders refused to honour the opening.

On the local government election day,which was done after his election he was no where to be found in the state ,he stayed put in Abuja and did not contribute to the party toward the election morally,and this are thesame people that work for ur successs during ur election.He even contributed into the purse of a faction of the party that are working for the opponent.

Less i forget,those people that are through with their studies at the vocational center have not receive their certificate 2 years after they finished,he is waiting to use the event as a political gain at the detriment of those people.

More fact will surely be provided
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by unknown: 6:55am On Apr 08, 2006
I personally believe that Senator Abiola Ajimobi can not only Govern Oyo state but can he can govern it well. i believe he will definately make a change. Who are we to question his ability to run the state. You have to do your homework and look at his track record and i must say i am very impressed as he has done well for oyo state. i do not know of any other candidate from oyo state that is capable of doing this,  lets keep it real with eachother and look out for our states best interest and not base our opinions on personal issues!!!!
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Apr 08, 2006
this is very funny grin
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by GUNNER(f): 12:34pm On May 20, 2006
who is this ajibola dude
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by DaHitler(m): 3:30pm On May 20, 2006
What is wrong with being arrogant if you are intelligent?

This whole appeasement mentality to the irrelevent elders/factions is exactly the type of thing that breeds corruption. All factionst that are not a part of the government or political process should be desolved. This includes the Kings and Chiefs. After all, its no secret that they have lost complete control over their respective territories.

If you really want progress in Oyo, you would vote for people like Ajibola that have no desire to conform to the degenerate Kings/Elders and Chiefs. If they make trouble, jail them or something.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by boyd: 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2006
i am a native of ibarapa but i live in ibadan and graduated from university of ibadan,the first time i saw senator abiola ajimobi was on the t.v phoning programme i asked him some questionsand i found him to be very inteligent and strait forward.i think he is the best candidate for oyo state because of what he has done for his senatorial district especialy the vocational centre at oke ado in ibadan where people from different state have benefited ,if he becomes governor of oyo state i think he is going to do better.its time we stop playing politics of if" i cant win him i destroy him."Those who are habbituated to corruption more often than others usually accuse others of thier own maladies.i would like mr okewole to stop politics of bitterness.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by milikiya(m): 4:27am On Jun 25, 2006
YES I AGREE WITH U ALL,SEN BIOLA AJIMOBI IS ONE PERSON IN OYO STATE THAT I GIVE THUMBS UP FOR.HE IS THE ONLY SENATOR DOING TANGIBLE THINGS FOR HIS DISTRICT BUT U SEE THE REST, ALL BUSY FOLLOWING BABA ABEDIBU AROUND,AND I UNDERSTAND HALLELUYAH IS NOW ONE OF THE COMMISSIONERS IN OYO STATE, ISNT THAT SOMETHING? A GUY THAT STAMMERS AND ONE OF ADEBIBU'S THUGS?IM NOT AT ALL SURPRISED CONSIDERING WHO IS NOW THE DEPUTY GOV.
ANYWAY,U SHOULD SEE SO MANY INCREDIBLE THINGS THE SENATOR IS DOING,HAS A VOCATIONALTRAINING CENTER SOMEWHERE AROUND OKE ADO OR WHATEVER,PAYS FOR SSCE FOR STUDENTS FROM HIS DISTRICT,A COMPUTER TRAINING CENTER ,SCHOLARSHIP ORGANIZATION AND A HOST OF OTHER THING HES DOING.SO IF ANYONE SHOULD BE CONSIDERD FOR A CANDITATE IN ALLIANCE FOR DEMOCRACY GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONIN OYO STATE, IT SHOULD BE HIM.I MIGHT EVEN VOTE FOR HIM,THATS ONLY IF I CAN.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by ashyem: 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2006
I appreciate you all. Abiola Ajimobi is more presentable than some other candidates not to mention. But we must look at it from this angle, take for instance the likes of Sen. Ladoja, he was a once a senator and when he became gov. people couse how he managed the state positively and the way he handle the so call , of Ibadan politics. So, to butres it up you could see the present gov. and his deputy that has no any knowledge on how to manage or govern at all. In this sense, the person of Abiola Ajimobi and person like Soji Akanbi too could have and impact.
NOTE: the so call Abiola Ajimobi is BABA ADEDIBU's BOY
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by temid: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2006
.THIS IS BECOMING MORE INTERSTING ABOUT THIS SENATOR ABIOLA AJIMOBI,IF THIS MAN IS DOING ALL WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE SAYING. I BELIEVE THIS IS A SIGN THAT GOOD THINGS ARE COMING TO OYO STATE,SO IT IS NOW TIME TO STOP PLAYING POLITICS OF BITTERNESS AND GIVE THE SO CALL SENATOR ABIOLA AJIMOBI A CHANCE TO CONTINUE THE GOOD JOB BY ELECTING HIM AS THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF OYO STATE.SOME ARE SAYING HE IS DOING IT FOR POLITICAL GAIN,(POLITICAL GAIN OR NOT)SOME SENATORS ARE NOT EVEN DOING ANYTHING AT ALL.BABA MOLETE CAN NOT CONTROL SOMEONE LIKE HIM I BELIEVE.AM NOT FROM OYO STATE BUT I LIVE IN IBABAN BEFORE AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THIS SENATOR ABIOLA AJIMOBI.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by Oates: 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2006
To find out if Ajimobi can rule Oyo state, it is important to understand Oyo state political terrain in relation to the present Oyo comatose state under the PDP government and also analyse the characteristics of the man Ajimobi. Ladoja lost out because he won a rigged election in the first place, also because he never understood the politics of the state. Having lived in Lagos for many years, he became a senator by accident of events not because he was known. Ladoja did not have a political (structure) group of his own but relied on his wealth hence is used Adedibu's structure. Now to Ajimobi who was sacked by Adenuga from National oil because he was corrupt, rode on the back of Lam Adesina to become a senator. Do not have a political structure in Oyo state have lived in Lagos for many years but rely on his wealth which he mostly acquired through corrupt practices at the national oil and the distribution of Ghana must go in the senate. He is also know to be very arrogant.

While I do not know Adesina, it is believed (people have just realised) that he implemented populist policies within the given resources he had when he was the Governor of Oyo state. To those who care to listen Lam Adesina inherited a delapilated state of affairs from the military when he took over in 2003. Of course he never distributed money to the journalists like the PDP governors of today so no one wrote articles to show the man good work.

My understand is, Oyo people must find someone who will be able to return the credibity back to the governorship position. Not Ajimobi who will be worse than Ladoja who got over double what Lam Adesina got for almost 3 years but have absolutely nothing to show for it. The decision is for the people of Oyo state to take.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by laddy: 11:23am On Jul 01, 2006
Iam a native of ogbomosho in oyo state,but live in lagos.i think the discussion on senator Abiola Ajimobi is now becoming personal attack on his reputation.i was surprised to read what one mr Oates wrote,that sentor abiola ajimobi was sacked fom natoinal oil by otunba Mike Adenuga .i worked with him for good 5years in national oil,he actually resinged from the company when otunba Adenuga and his family would not recognised his authority as director of the company,senator Abiola Ajimobi sees himself as someone no one can push around.so mr Oates get your facts right, abiola ajimobi was never a failure like mr Lam Adesina,come to think of it, how could someone in his right mind be praising Lam Adesina,this man managed oyo state for 4years and the whole the state was in disarray.Lam Adesina can not even manage his family
talkless of the state,this man does not like to see the progress of anyone else only himself, he has allways been a failure all his life,my question is (SHOULD LAM ADESINA COME BACK TO GOVERN OYO STATE)
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by lewa(m): 2:47am On Jul 09, 2006
Abiola Ajimobi, hmmmm what has he done in the senate.?How talsmany graduates and young school leavers in his
senatorial district have been gainfully employed by him lobbying for them?I was with a delegation of S/E friends who were in Abuja at the instance of their Senator to meet some oil big wigs who claimed the particular area didnt have qualified people-they didnt know the senator and they were not children of big people.I have also seen with my two eyes senators sending lists of those qualified in their districts to government parasta, companies and the like when vacancies arise.This is not nepotism or tribalism it just showed people taking their peoples mandate seriously, If Ajimobi can come and address the people of Oyo state especially the youths on what he has done in 3 years for them fine.
Adedibu,Ladoja,Lam.Ajimobi,Akala are all the same-egocentric selfish people. Dont be deceived its not yet uhuru for Oyo people and indeed Nigeria
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by kola54k: 2:12am On Apr 14, 2007
In responds to Demmy's question "Can Senator Abiola Ajimobi govern Oyo State?"
Yes, I would honestly say he can govern that State very well, just take a look at what he has done for a limited time in office.He created oppunities for people to attend vocational school.In this school people are beginning to enhance their computer skills. Other activities taken place in the center are tailoring,employment services and educational advancement.
If you are passing judgement on this candidate,you must have someone to compare him to,and have your facts ready.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by frenchman(m): 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2007
I think contributors on this forum should be mindful of their utterances and get their facts correctly before posting on this forum. Oates has surely not got his facts correctly, because I worked under Senator ajimobi at national Oil, now Conoilplc, and he was never sacked by Otunba Mike Adenuga for corruption. The man resigned voluntarily as the MD of the company.
On whether the man can govern the state, I think he is still the best candidate out of the candidates parading themselves now. Also I would not like to call the man Adedibu's boy, though Adedibu is like a father to him, cos Adedibu and Ajimobi's father were friends. This does not mean he would hand over the key of the treasury to Adedibu. An intelligent person is oftentimes described as arrogant by fools, but a discerning mind knows better. The man has succeded in his private life and career, so I think he would be able to succeed in Oyo state too, if what he has done are politically motivated, how come other senators have not done things that are politically motivated too.
Lets give honour to whoever honour is due to, if someone has done well, lets say so.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by Uchebobo: 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2007
The political whim of this era must stop now and forever. I think we need to vote for consistency, attitude, character, leadership, trust, integrity, honesty and unity of one purpose. Ajimobi Abiola was my boss at National Oil before I transitioned to the US. One thing is certain he is hard working, smart, consistent individual with a principle. Every human being as their flaws but I think his record of leadership provided at National oil speaks a great deal. Whether he could or will make a difference as Oyo State Governor remains a mirage. Only the future can tell. I believe he has the quality and tools to deliver if his identity and attributes has not change negatively. God bless Oyo State!
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by mrferlie(m): 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2007
what did ajimodi do as a senator? he was a failure.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by Johnny(m): 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2007
If there is anybody in Oyo state that's not morally fit to govern the state, he's (or it's?) Alao Akala. But today, he's the Executive Governor of the state. So if Abiola is seen as the 'right candidate' by the power that be, nothing stops him whether he's competent or nor.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by Bolarge(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2007
If the electorate decided he shd govern (and they did), so be it.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by Wilfem(m): 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ topic,
Why can't he govern Oyo State. Sooner or later, God will surely enthrone him. grin
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by angel101(f): 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2007
mr ferlie:

what did ajimodi do as a senator? he was a failure.

Coming from an Adedibu supporter, what can i say
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by denex: 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2007
Who the hell is Abiola Ajimobi?!
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by mrferlie(m): 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2007
denex:

Who the hell is Abiola Ajimobi?!

a former senator in the last regime
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by raphillo: 2:06am On Jul 21, 2007
from my own point of view senator Ajumobi is a man that can govern oyo state succesfully, is intelligent and is track records are there to speak for him.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by jimmyjam: 11:20pm On Feb 17, 2008
Mr/chief/prince/alhaji/senator abiola ajimobi being that he goes by many titles due to his formerly being involved in 419, is probably the only i.e best choice being that he was educated abroad, but he is not a saint in any way:

Ajimobi squandered national oil money in collaboration with the military and civilian governors of the yourba states and he used this money for political setteling.

Ajimobi claims to be everybodies boy but in fact is nobodies boy: Adisa, Rasaki, Olurin, Lam Adeshina, Adedibu, IBB etc he denies these same people in public when they are no longer in power.

Ajimobis father was a local politician and follower of awolowo in the 1st republic, ajimobi is also a member of the extended ruling royal family of ibadan

Ajimobi was and still is involved in serious hard drug trade and 419 in Nigeria especially when he was in shell oil before he became md of national oil . He was using his multiple travellings abroad to carry hard drugs. his various campaigns are also financed by drug barons and his daughters are known to openly date 419 and drug boys in california USA where part of his life politics is financed from!

Ajimobi will stop at nothing for money and power even if it is to sleep with another man (homosexual) infact there are indications he is truly homosexual also his wife is a virtual prostitute because ajimobi offers her to sleep with anybody that can guarantee his political ambition.

based on this he is educated and expereinced to govern oyo state but will be riddled by scandals including all the things i mentioned which will end up haunting him and riots will follow.
Apparently ajimobi has his eyes set on being a vice president in the future or even president he will be as dangeros as MKO abiola becase he will sell the state the federation and 419 and drug barons will be working hand in hand with him.
Oyo state has had only 1 or 2 good leaders these include Olunloyo, Lekan Salami and to a lesser extent non indigenes such as: ak adisa and cornel oresanya. this is similar to how marwa has been the best governor of lagos apart from jakande
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by jimmyjam: 11:55pm On Feb 17, 2008
Oyo state politics can be summed up like this:
-state creation was pushed for by adedibu, david jemibewon etc
-navy captain otiko (an edo mafia man) became a governor being that he was indirectly married and related to the olunloyo family. 
-adedibu claims to have facilitated the careers of various indigenous sons of the soil such as raji rasaki, diran onifade (former NTA sports caster) etc and he uses them and the boys they have placed for his bid.
-oyo state was controlled by adedibu until he fell out of favor with the military regimes after which oyo state politics was controlled by the notorious edo mafia though people like tony anenih. Edo mafia has ibadan and oyo, various nigerians in all works of life  as members and they are the ones who are messing adedibu and his son and alao akala up now so as to regain control of oyo state from adedibu. infact edo mafia controls ondo, osun and even lagos and most yoruba state politics this is why mike akhigbe was made governor of ondo and lagos states.
- oyo state and ibadan politicians are fond of presenting old people like lam adeshina who are too old to perform.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by HonProf2(m): 2:30am On Feb 18, 2008
To whom much is given, much is expected. Let us all give this dude a trial and see if he can do it. With the blood flowing in his veins, (that of his ancestors, he can do it.) But Politics has gone more that any one can just predict. Even i hin get there na au much he go pay me?
yey tin. thumbs up 4 U sha.
Lol,
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by jimmyjam: 3:32am On Feb 18, 2008
Ajimobi is apolished individual but the circumstances that surrounded him when he left national oil where really that mike adenuga had verbally sacked him but ajimobi qiuickly wrote a resignation letter in response.

He was fond of living a high expensive life as MD of national when he knew the companies accounts where already in the red and he kept on taking corporate loans.

If that is how he will handle oyo states finances then oyo state is finished. It appears Edo mafia want to use him for their agenda to loot the state, and ajimobi will do just that and settle them thier cut as well as all the other people who he claims to be thier boy!

no doubt ajimobi will do a good job just as he did with national oil, he is a well edcated, classy and exposed person. the only problem is he will cause the state financial worries.

further evidence edo mafia is regaining control of oyo state is the re-emergence in the nigerian dailys of arisekola alao who was an IBB, abacha , kaduna and edo mafia apologist. while adedibu is going down

Edo mafia is simply re stating to the little ibadan mafia that adedibo created that they are the most prominent and powerful mafia in the west. Even Saraki had to rely on edo mafia to keep him son bukola in power.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by jimmyjam: 4:15am On Feb 18, 2008
I agree with okewole and lewu that "Adedibu,Ladoja,Lam.Ajimobi,Akala are all the same-egocentric selfish, people. Dont be deceived its not yet uhuru for Oyo people and indeed Nigeria" these people are too proud over no achievement in the state! and power needs to be removed from the ibadan traditional family. One would have thought that someone like ajimobi, ladoja, lam etc would have learnt from the mistakes of his father and first republic politicians i.e by promising heaven and hell to the local people but giving them virtually nothing. its no wonder that times like this people welcome military coup where various politicians where killed!

oyo state needs a new breed of accountable, educated, enlighted, exposed progressives who have an all inclusive state govt in short oyo state needs us here on this thread not the old cargo who have been proven to be unrealiable!
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by fatherab1: 8:47am On Feb 18, 2008
Ajimobi for now is the best person to govern Oyo state among all those who contested the last fraudulent election. I wonder why people can leave the facts on ground to focus on political bigotry. For the very fact that Ajimobi was not your candidate should not make his arrogant or in the same cadre of corruption/thuggery as Adedibu and Akala. For God's sake, if they are of the same feathers, why are they not flocking together? For now, ABIOLA AJIMOBI is the best among all those candidates.
Re: Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State by Bolarge(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2008
Without doubt Abiola Ajimobi remains the preferred choice of the Oyo electorate and that was boldly declared in the voting pattern on the 14th of April, 2007 prior to the upturning of the people's wish by the diabolic connivance of the Adedibu-Alakalakala and INEC. He represents the stoic wish of the impoverished people of the long besieged and thoroughly plundered state to be free of the vice-like grip of the PDP/Adedibu cabal. A wish only the state election tribunal is in the position to grant.
All these attacks on the person of Ajimobi are totally uncalled for. Even a baboon would do a better job of handling the affairs of Oyo State than this Akalamagbo of a "governor" so I really don't see Oyo State being worse of under an Ajimobi administration.
Let the people of Oyo State have their way (after having had their say in the electoral process last year) in breaking the yoke/curse PDP/Adedidu have constituted themselves into in the state.

BTW, never knew about the Edo Mafia factor though. Sounds really interesting and definitely convincing. One of the reasons I can't give up Nairaland, ever so educative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Or Jonathan?: Let’s Do Some Mathematics By Dele Momodu / Reps Mull Reduction Of 428 Ministries, Departments & Agencies / Emefiele Must Resign Immediately If He Wants To Contest For Presidency - SERAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.