Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Ican Students! Please Read This. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ican Students! Please Read This. (10288 Views)

ICAN Exemption / Jobs For Pre Nysc Students Please,: ? / Gnld Network Marketing Opportunity Please Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ican Students! Please Read This. by CBTonline(m): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
Hello ICAN Students,

I sincerely believe that if you are writing this diet (November 2011 diet),
NOW is the best time to start your preparation.

It's amazing how time is flying and if care is not taken one might be tempted
to feel that there is enough time and that the syllabus will be covered in no
distant time.

For those of us receiving lectures, the lecture notes are piling up and if nothing
is done on time, it'll be choking reading those books at a later date.

Just felt i should exhort us to start our preparations early enough to guide against
wasting resources.

I wish you all the best this diet.

God bless us.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by ednut1(m): 3:17pm On Aug 30, 2011
That is not a guarantee u wil pass, i did pe1 nd passed readin the pack in 5days witout lectures. Am doing same 4 pe2
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
ednut1:

That is not a guarantee u wil pass, i did pe1 nd passed readin the pack in 5days witout lectures. Am doing same 4 pe2

Did same. But I wont discourage anybody that wants to go for tutorials.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by molet: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2011
how can i get the package to read pls. thanks
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by ednut1(m): 1:08am On Sep 04, 2011
Wen u buy d form nd regista dy gv u free, or u cn buy it in ican office i tink its about 5k each. Mr jarus i hp to be lik u
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by tuniski: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2011
@jarus i beg do finish come join ACCA na your type dey needed. welldone eh!
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by CBTonline(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2011
@Jarus: Confess was that your first attempt at the exams?

The truth is you can't read for 5days and go in for ICAn exams.

I don't subscribe to your idea.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2011
CBT online:

@Jarus: Confess was that your first attempt at the exams?

The truth is you can't read for 5days and go in for ICAn exams.

I don't subscribe to your idea.
Not necessary you subcribe to it. In fact, I wont advise people to do it, I only tell them to demystify the myth about ICAN exams being so difficult. To me, ICAN exams are overrated.

Yes, I'm saying it again. I have used 5 days to read and pass ICAN exams and save the ones I wrote while serving(Foundation and Intermediate - I read Economics) when I had enough time to read, others(PE1, 2 and 3, before later collapsed to PE1 & 2) were prepared for between 5-10 days. By my nature, I read under the most convenient condition. My weekends were always choked up, sometimes spent in office, other times I used it to sleep, watch football, write articles, read newspapers, gist with friends on visit etc, so preparing for ICAN hardly even occurred to me.

I normally took leave the week preceding the ICAN exams, meaning I had Monday to Sunday and Monday a day to the ICAN Tuesday to prepare. That is 8 days. Sometimes, if I had heavy work in office I didnt start the leave until the preceding Wednesday, reducing the days I had to 5.

This was how I did it throughout and I not only passed, I won prizes in 2 subjects and an overall Best in a diet. It was only PE1 I had reference.

But like I said, I wont advise people to do this. Go by your style.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by CBTonline(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2011
@Jarus: you seem to be emphatic and i want to believe you.

You sure know your onions. But, if i try it peren, i go chop beans.

For someone like me, i need to read and re-read for good mastery else
a slight change in the construction of a question can throw me off balance.

I dare not copy or follow others style.

Wish you the best.

Cheers!
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by hushmail: 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2011
Jarus, I like ur style. for the first time, I will try it.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by rocean: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2011
thanks
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by sonas(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2011
Oga jarus, u should be a columist in 'liar liar' magazine. All the stupid breakdown on how u use ur time are bullshit to all ur ' i want to be like u' stupid followers. I pray they try your fantasy world of lies and self appraisal.you 'forming misleading pack of smelling shit.idiot.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2011
Thanks, little mind
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by jahrule: 10:35am On Sep 29, 2011
sonas:

Oga jarus, u should be a columist in 'liar liar' magazine. All the silly breakdown on how u use your time are bullshit to all your ' i want to be like u' silly followers. I pray they try your fantasy world of lies and self appraisal.you 'forming misleading pack of smelling poo,

Oga, It is possible, it is something i have done before though it is not advisable. in fact most of my exam attempt this has been my style of preparing for exam. so stop displaying ignorance, because you cannot do it doesn't stop others from doing it.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by sonas(m): 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2011
hey, it's good to see u two idiots at ur thing again.keep living the 'lie'.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by jahrule: 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2011
sonas:

hey, it's good to see u two idiots at your thing again.keep living the 'lie'.
you must be a stupid person.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by chamber2(m): 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2011
sonas:

hey, it's good to see u two idiots at your thing again.keep living the 'lie'.

Desist from making silly comments on people you know little or nothing about. Jarus knows his onus and i for once have no reason to doubt his claims. He has demonstrated his intelligence at various spheres and yet, appears very humble.

In fact, there is nothing impossible about what he said. Someone who worked hard at the university level will find no professional exam difficult, talk less of one who made a first class in Economics from one of Nigeria's best universities.

Rather than insult him i would suggest you ask him (humbly) how he got to such level of brilliance
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by barry06(m): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2011
@ Sonas, et al: you guys are very funny.
The truth is that some pple are gifted, they read a page once and it sticks like butter to bread, while others ve to look at it again and again,
By God's grace am writing my PE 2 this november, i passed my PE 1 studying for about 8 days(Although i attended tutorials, but never had the time to reverse until a wk to d exams).
I ve bn so rusty since leaving school in 2000. In my PE 1(may diet 2010), i read AAA once with d pack for 2 dys frm front cover to the back cover and i passed.
So Jarus is right. its very possible. U can even study Pass questions(Pathfinders- 15-20 diets) and pass without opening any other materials. it depends on your ability and mind-set. finito!
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by sonyjacobs(m): 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
Plz house i want to put in for ICAN and i dont know how to start. i like to know where to purchase the form and after buying the form what next to do?. Am an HND graduate of marketing. after buying the form do i need to register any course and if yes how much to register a course? and also how much does the form cost? Thanks for your response
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by pingu2k5(m): 12:10am On Jan 07, 2012
When is d result coming out?
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by mcjay(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
I am also tired of waiting endlessly for the result. ICAN should pls always communicate result date to student.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by oldskul(m): 4:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
Am an ACA and can confirm to you that it is absolutely possible as said by Jarus! take it or Ignore it, I Passed my Final Stage without attending lecture nor reading any major materials-Text Book.

Just try this: Pick any Past question and Get Pathfinder, carefully go through it and you will be surprised how many questions you will come across word for word.

Another thing is; even if you do not read at all and your are deligent enough, you will see solution to a 15marks question in that same question paper and how many question do you need to answer to pass?

Its is not about the Hours your spend reading its about reading the write place.

Simple Truth, its good to study but where the situation demand otherwise, take your study pack, get pathfinder and i assured you, you will smile smiley
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Bosky65: 9:41am On Mar 16, 2012
Ican exams require techniques which depends on indiviuals and level of assimilation. Ican have no new questions to set.They only set questions from their materials-pathfinders, study packs and pilot questions.Read the right materials and you will pass. I think Jarus is somewhat right.Another point is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.Examine solutions, understand the principles and try to solve it on your own.And mark yourself. You can use your textbooks as a reference materials
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by tuniski: 10:11am On Mar 17, 2012
You ICAN ACA should up the ante by joining ACCA where questions are limitless and standard recognized globally!
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Bosky65: 2:49pm On May 28, 2012
In May 2012 diet, ICAN still lift questions from their materials espeacially in AAA and FA
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by hardehola: 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
pls friends, its urgent. I want to write dis nov diet...pls can anyone in the house post any relevant material on iCAN PE1 to my mail.. duprigirl@gmail.com. I will be veryy grateful.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Jose150: 9:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
Pls,i want 2 register 4 ican and i dont know whr 2 register it.and also hw much will it cost 4 PE1.pls send it 2 my email chioz4real@yahoo.com
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Bosky65: 11:11am On Jul 24, 2012
Jarus is right. check all the questions ICAN sets. the questions are not set in the moon neither are they falling from magician hat. it's still from their materials. the truth is that many of us are not diligent enough.
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 24, 2013
Please can anyone send any relevant material for pe1 ican to my email.including pathfinders,pilot questions and study pack please its urgentt help a sister
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by ednut1(m): 9:18am On Jul 24, 2013
losky4real: Please can anyone send any relevant material for pe1 ican to my email.including pathfinders,pilot questions and study pack please its urgentt help a sister
go to ican website under achives or download, u will find all der
Re: Ican Students! Please Read This. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
ednut1: go to ican website under achives or download, u will find all der
thanks a lot.what of pathfinder for 10ys and hw much is d hardcopy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Real Are Online Vacancies? / Ipnx Nigeria Limited Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (19 Positions) / Apply For KPMG Nigeria Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.