Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. (2375 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by tpbehappy(m): 6:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
I want your candid opinion on this subject matter. There is a place in the bible that talks about paying all tithe into the house of God, but my question is can we pay our tithe to people who we truly believe that they are in need of the money. What is your opinion
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by EuroMeko(m): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2011
No interest in donating to the church so that the Pastor can build elaborate and nonsensical churches/mansions, buy Jets, etc. What I do is donate directly to homeless shelters and verified outreach centers in the community.

The whole idea of church is foreign to me. God (in whatever capacity one believes in) is all around us wherever you may be, even in your house.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by tpbehappy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2011
I think i agree with you, as far it meant for God's work and it is done genuinely
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by jamace(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
OP

Please go to Religion Section of this Forum and see discussions on same topic. Thanks.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by obowunmi(m): 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2011
Lots of discussions and answers on this topic. Please use the search key for next time.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by PastorKun(m): 12:26am On Aug 10, 2011
@tpbehappy
Read deuteronomy 14:22-29 you would find the answer you are looking for their. That aside tithing as been anulled for christians you would find scriptures outlawing tithing for christians in Hebrew 7:5-19
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Azibalua(f): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2011
Who annulled it and when?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by God2man(m): 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2011
Tithe is an ancient commandment practised by the Jews, up till now it is still been practised not only by the Jews but by faithfull christian all over the world. You should know that when God commands us on anything, it is not that God needs it, it is for our own benefit. Logically, even when there is nothing like tithe, it is your responsibility to Give back to God and appreciate him for providing the Job for you. Some say pastors are stealing tithe, so he will not allow his tithe to be stolen. Yes. You are right, but God has not made you a referee to decide, the best you can do is to pray to God to direct you to the right church where the spirit of God is and pay your tithe. Directly or Indirectly, we are all paying tithe, some are paying to the hospital, some are paying to armed robber and the rest. These are devourers (God's great army), nobody can stop them. It is a universally accepted law of life, that, what you sow, you reap. Tithe is a seed which you sow to the work of God, so,anybody advising you not to pay your tithe, wants you to be poor forever. Be wise. Pay your tithe. You have got nothing to loose. God bless you. God2man. referee to decide, the best you can do is to pray to God to direct you to the right church where the spirit of God is and pay your tithe. Directly or Indirectly, we are all paying tithe, some are paying to the hospital, some are paying to armed robber and the rest. These are devourers (God's great army), nobody can stop them. It is a universally accepted law of life, that, what you sow, you reap. Tithe is a seed which you sow to the work of God, so,anybody advising you not to pay your tithe, wants you to be poor forever. Be wise. Pay your tithe. You have got nothing to loose. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2011
29.Hebrews 7:5
And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham

We are told that the sons of Levi have a commandment to collect tithes in the new Testament.

Where in the Bible does it say that pastors have a commandment to collect tithes from Christians If any tithe proponent can show it to me, not with debate, then I will start paying my tithes to any pastors you nominate so that me too can start reaping the reward of tithing you guys have been telling us about grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by mabell: 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2011
EuroMeko:

No interest in donating to the church so that the Pastor can build elaborate and nonsensical churches/mansions, buy Jets, etc. What I do is donate directly to homeless shelters and verified outreach centers in the community.
The whole idea of church is foreign to me. God (in whatever capacity one believes in) is all around us wherever you may be, even in your house.

paying of tithe is firstly not a donation and secondly, it is not a donation to the pastor or to the church but rather a giving(in faith) to God
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by PastorKun(m): 7:12am On Aug 12, 2011
The bible makes it clear in Jeremaih 8:8-10 that it is only fraudlent+ greedy preachers that twist/change God's word. Now it is clear to us that tithe preachers have twisted God's word to justify the modern day version of tithing which is totally different from the biblical one. For instance harvest was twisted to mean income, crops and livestock were twisted to mean money, annually was twisted to mean weekly/ monthly, Levite was twisted to mean pastor/church, storehouse was twisted to mean church and beneficiaries which included one's self, family, less priviledge, strangers, widows, orphans were twisted to mean exclusive preserve of church and pastors. Surely any preacher that can endorse a doctrine so twisted and fraudulent can not be truly serving God but their own base greed.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Zikkyy(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2011
God2man:

Directly or Indirectly, we are all paying tithe, some are paying to the hospital, some are paying to armed robber and the rest.   

Are you saying some people pay 10% of their monthly earnings to armed robbers?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Azibalua(f): 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2011
Your tithe is not a free will offering it is what you pay to god,as a result of your being blessed by him,it is not optional.It is for God and no other person
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by PastorKun(m): 8:11am On Aug 14, 2011
@Azibalua
And that same God said I can use his tithe to feast with my family in his presence. He also said I should remember the widow, orphan and strangers when feasting with this tithe. He never said his tithe should be given exclusively to any pastor or church. Deut 14:22-29
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Image123(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2011
So this kunle guy is still NEVER learning?
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by PastorKun(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2011
@Image
Am I supposed to learn from the word of God directly or learn from the twisted manipulation of scriptures being presented as modern day tithes in our churches today.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by LoveKing(m): 10:42am On Aug 15, 2011
Image123:

So this kunle guy is still NEVER learning?
this is uncalled for. i'm realy angry at this remark. very condescending. so what do you say about this below?

Pastor Kun:

@Azibalua
And that same[b] God said I can use his tithe to feast with my family in his presence. He also said I should remember the widow, orphan and strangers when feasting with this tithe. He never said his tithe should be given exclusively to any pastor or church. Deut 14:22-29[/b]

I think you are the one who is blind to truth and not learning at all.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by dare2think: 11:05am On Aug 15, 2011
@Image123

Dude, are you learning?

@ topic

Dont you find it funny when people say they are "paying their tithes to God"

I wonder what God wants to do with the tithes?  Maybe he needs to buy another Heaven.

Deut 14: 22-29 has the candid and straight-forward description of what God wants people to do with their tithes.  Very simple

IT IS MAN THAT NEEDS "TITHES".
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by PastorKun(m): 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2011
Apparently it is the brain dead image123 that is incapable of learning, I have directed him to God's definition and instruction for the administration of tithes as stated clearly in deut 14:22-29 as far back as four years ago, but his peanut sized brain is incapable of comprehending the simple instructions stated there hence he sticks with the fraudulently derived man made version that is being used to fleece believers today. I wonder why it upsets him so much that I am not stoopid enough to fall for the scam like him. Even though I strongly suspect he is a beneficiary of the scam like his brother joagbaje.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Image123(m): 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2011
Ah so this is where kunle's fellows are flocking with him. i'd almost forgotten that i posted here sha.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Joagbaje(m): 5:13am On Aug 16, 2011
It's poverty mentality. Those who worship money find it hard to give. grin
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by PastorKun(m): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2011
^^^
And those who worship money like yourself and Oyaks are always twisting the gospel to reap off your deluded followers. No one has ever condemned giving in church on this forum. What we consistently speak out against is fraudulently manipulating scriptures for the sake of the money (which you worship) such established doctrines like monetary tithes from income, seed sowing with money and equating first fruit to first salary are fraudulently derived doctrines inspired by the devil in worship of your god mamon.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Joagbaje(m): 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
It is the salvation of your soul you should be more concerned about dude. Your attacks on churches and minister are no longer selling.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by dare2think: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

How disgraceful!!! You pointing out a poverty mentality in reference to giving to an institution in which you might be a beneficiary.

You stand to gain in this argument as part of the system  and you scream "poverty mentality"

What a shame.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Demainman1: 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^^^Pastor Joe has lost all sense of Shame so telling him 'What a shame' doesn't mean anything really cheesy

As long as his mugus continue to drop the tithe. No wahala.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by PastorKun(m): 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2011
@joagbaje
It is your soul and that of your demon possessed master(Oyaks) that desperately needs salvation. That aside in case you haven't notice there are now a lot more anti-tithing proponents on this forum, so obviously I am making an impact and a lot of people have expressed gratitude to me for opening their eyes as far as this tithing fraud is concerned. I do understand your concerns as revenues must be dropping in your church based on my expose and you are failing to meet targets set for you by oyaks.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by Joagbaje(m): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2011
Go and sit down . Can you stand up in debate to the pro tithers on this forum. Your nonsense is over a beg. You only helped those who believe in tithing to have deeper understanding of their belief.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by nlMediator: 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

When you have a different opinion about a doctrinal position or any teaching in Church, you call it higher revelation. When somebody has a divergent opinion on the teaching and practice of finances in Church, you do not see it as a difference of opinion; you conclude it is a poverty mentality. We all really need to watch out for the love of money, which is the root of all evil. I know many christians are quick to correct those who say that "money is the root of all evil" by noting that the scripture says "the love of money," not money per se. Yet, the way they approach this money issue raises concerns that they may love money, perhaps without knowing it.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by mabell: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@joagbaje
It is your soul and that of your demon possessed master(Oyaks) that desperately needs salvation. That aside in case you haven't notice there are now a lot more anti-tithing proponents on this forum, so obviously I am making an impact and a lot of people have expressed gratitude to me for opening their eyes as far as this tithing fraud is concerned. I do understand your concerns as revenues must be dropping in your church based on my expose and you are failing to meet targets set for you by oyaks.

Kunle Oshobi, you probably are referring to your multiple id's and your new recruits
of course! why won't they hail you
anti tithing proponents ko!
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by mabell: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2011
Demain_man:

^^^^^Pastor Joe has lost all sense of Shame so telling him 'What a shame' doesn't mean anything really cheesy

As long as his mugus continue to drop the tithe. No wahala.

see you insulting those you are fighting for
does it make sense and if at all they want to listen to you, will they do that after calling them mugus
think again mr!
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by tpia5: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2011
i really dont see what the big deal is here.

some pay tithe to church while others pay their own tithe to the alcohol vendor. Yet others pay tithes to their favorite brothels.

some pay tithe to the child support agencies while others pay tithe to alayes, touts, agberos, std clinic, armed robbers, etc.

one way or another, you will pay something somewhere.

your choice and what are people getting heated up about.
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Paying Tithe. by mabell: 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2011
tpia@:

i really dont see what the big deal is here.

some pay tithe to church while others pay their own tithe to the alcohol vendor. Yet others pay tithes to their favorite brothels.

some pay tithe to the child support agencies while others pay tithe to their alayes, touts and agberos.

one way or another, you will pay something somewhere.

your choice and what are people getting heated up about.

precisely, ppl just don't want to believe

Nobody will force you but you will pay anyhow, anyway and anywhere!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Jelqing evil / Increase The Value Of Your Home,with Luminous Inverter / Pope Francis Is Right! Christians Should Stop Equating Islam To Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.