Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding (5908 Views)

Woman Drags Ex-lover To Court For Duping And Refusing To Marry Her / Things You Miss About Your Ex Lover. / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 09, 2011
Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-Lover’s Wedding

For daring to raise his hand during an altar call by the officiating priest that whoever has any reason why the bride and the bridegroom should not be joined together should say so or forever keep his mouth shut, a jilted medical doctor working at the paediatric section of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH Idi Araba, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria was beaten to a pulp.

Dr. Adeyemi Oladele, whose former lover, Chritiana Essiet was being wedded to a pastor was attacked by ushers and members of the congregation after complaining to them that his fiancee of seven years was forced to the altar by the bridegroom, Pastor Ubong Abasi Okono who is also the General Overseer of Faith and Fire Prayer Ministry, located at 3, Oremeji Street, Ketu, Ijanikin, Lagos.

P.M.NEWS investigations revealed that the medical doctor and the bride, Christiana Essiet had dated for seven years and the bride had slept with the doctor in his house three days before the marriage last weekend (6 August).

Doctor Oladele also confirmed to P.M.NEWS that he sponsored the bride’s university education at the University of Uyo where she read Business Management and had been responsible for the upkeep of her family before her sudden change of heart which he claimed was influenced by her mother who did not want her to marry a Yoruba man. Doctor Oladele is from Ondo State.

“ I know he didn’t like the pastor she was forced to marry because three days before the marriage she had been sleeping with me in my house at Iyana Iba. Before her father died early this year, her parents had sanctioned our marriage and we were planning to get married later this year. Trouble started when her father died around January. Unknown to me, Christiana’s mother had all along opposed our relationship and it was her father that always prevailed on her to allow the relationship since we both love each other.

“Immediately the man died, she came out in her true colours and tried to force Christiana to abandon me but she resisted. It got to a stage that she packed to my house and started living with me. She even got pregnant for me but the pregnancy came down,” he narrated.

So on 6 August, 2011, when he heard that a wedding was going on in the pastor’s church, Dr. Oladele stormed the church and disrupted it. And he was beaten by the congregation who also handed him over to the police at the Ijanikin Divisional Headquarters.

“When the police heard my own side of the story, they granted me bail and invited all the parties to the station for settlement,” he added.

P.M.NEWS was at the Ijanikin Police Station yesterday where the pastor and his new wife, the doctor and members of his family were present.

In his explanation to the Divisional Police Officer mediating in the dispute, Pastor Okono said: “I proposed to her and she accepted it and her mother supported it. I am surprised that she slept with this ex-boyfriend three days to my wedding.”

Dr. Oladele told the officer that he felt let down. “Can you imagine how I was let down by my fiancee who I sponsored to the University of Uyo? We dated for seven years. We met each other in the same neighbourhood. She lived at 7A, Alhaja Hassana Street, Orile Iganmu. She is from Akwa-Ibom State. And she was five months pregnant for me and from Wednesday to Friday before the wedding we had sex and she demonstrated how much she loved me. She also cooked their native soup for me and the soup is kept in the fridge,” he told the police.

Throughout the proceedings, the lady at the centre of the scandal, Christiana, could not deny what the doctor said.

She told the police: “I was under pressure from my mom and the pastor. It is true I was five months pregnant for the doctor but my mother ordered me to the village and I was given some herbs to take and I had miscarriage.”

The police warned the parties to keep the peace after the doctor said he had forgiven her
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by omega25red(m): 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2011
grin grin this story is funny

Even in the "house of God" ushers and awon boys beat the $hit outta the man eh?
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Goldieluks: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
Aww,what a sad story.
I hope the Doctor finds a far better girl,than that shameless ex of his,this is why some guys would never trust,
a woman.Some women are just air heads without brains.How can you date a man for seven years,after
all the up and downs,the care and sponsorship of her education,she did not only slept with him three days before
her estranged wedding to a so-called pastor,she also watched the congregation beat up the guy.

How very sad.I have a feeling the ungrateful she-goat of a girl would come running back to the Doctor,like a wounded
kangaroo when the going gets tougher.fool.And i hope the Doc should have moved on,very far away.Poor guy!

1 Like

Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2011
very very sad story! Hmmm i tink afrika magic is involved somewhere! Na only dt kind tin fit cause such brohaha! Imagine d girl cud nt deny d allegation of sleepin wit d DOC some nites b4 d weddin. She's out of her mind! my pipo strange tins abound in dis world. It is only a child that will see a snake and call it a long rope. I comment my reserve.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Mynd44: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
I hear stories like this and I wonder what the world turning to
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Mynd44: 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
I hear stories like this and I wonder what the world turning to
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2011
beaten to a pulp by church members bwaaaaaah i knew these fake pastors were criminals but that is taking the gold medal!!!!
this marriage will definitely be TILL DEATH DO THEM PART as such criminal will not let her walk away scott free!
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by pendo89(f): 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
The name of the church says it all.

Faith and Fire brimstones and blows Prayer Ministry,
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by tpia5: 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
who be mugu and maga.

the guy must have chopped yeast.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Mynd44: 1:15am On Aug 10, 2011
But what was the doctor expecting? That they would stop the wedding because of him? He does not even have a good reason for disrupting the ceremony
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 10, 2011
^^ what about paying for her damn education while being led to believe that they will get married? is that not a good enough reason to stop this wedding? at least he should be settled for the ¨long term investment¨ he had on the babe before she can move on ¨happily ever after¨ lol.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Mynd44: 1:59am On Aug 10, 2011
^^^
That is called falling MAGA
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 10, 2011
^^ then wouldnt you think that what he did is the perfect act of a maga finally coming out of his shell? lol!!!!
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by HighChief4(m): 2:19am On Aug 10, 2011
This is truly a sad one. That gal will never make a good wife. How could you be with another man a few days to your wedding.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by tpia5: 2:56am On Aug 10, 2011
Which kind perfect act.

He's lucky they didnt kill him.

Omugo nla.

What was he expecting? That the easy girlfriend would leave her other lover and run into his arms?

He watched too much disney imo.

You sponsored the girl in school and so what. Does he know how many guys chopped what he spent money on.

If they check now i'm sure he probably dumped another girl for her, and the whole jazz probably started when he couldnt control his wandering member.

Well, let him go and pray and get closer to God since his life was spared.

Next time when you see public n.udity, pick race.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Nobody: 3:18am On Aug 10, 2011
^^^^would you rather have him give up his investment without a fight? after all these years of unrestricted toto access, just like that?
any fool would have believed that a pastor and his church will have handled the matter in a respectful manner, lol but not this pastor, not in this church!!!!

at least the guy tried and can now laugh about the matter and how he was taken for ar 7yrs long ride.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by deniyor: 3:26am On Aug 10, 2011
However I look at it, I just can't help laughing at the story. The doctor seems like the person who still has chance for a happy ending. The lady and the pastor - good luck to their marriage based on deceit.

The ushers and church members definitely forgot they are workers for God and not the pastor. grin
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by tpia5: 4:08am On Aug 10, 2011
would you rather have him give up his investment without a fight?

its someone who is alive that will fight for investment.

every nigerian knows if you chase after a 419er who scammed you, you may end up six feet under.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Nobody: 4:11am On Aug 10, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy
na so her t*to sweet reach?
imagine a medical doctor falling hand wen fyn babes boku.SMH
i hope the beating finally gave him the jolt he really needed to come back to reality
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by MMM2(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2011
doc relax they nyash ur babe even if she is married angry not dey happen, u no loss undecided
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by emmatok(m): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
With that event, I assure you that marriage won't last.

Because the trust I n that relationship is no more there.

I won't be surprised if she runs back to the Doctor, cos that evil pastor wont treat her well, after that revelation.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by eghost247(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
Advice both guys to forget this girl and move on feel sorry for the doctor though 7years is such a long period of time
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
careytommy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
na so her t*to sweet reach?
imagine a medical doctor falling hand wen fyn babes boku.SMH
i hope the beating finally gave him the jolt he really needed to come back to reality

what makes you think that this particular babe wasnt fine? or better yet, that because this man is a doctor, he should go meet all the fine golddiggers that are out there? and if that wasnt enough, that this particular doctor is a denzell Washigton lookalike.

dont you think that he definitely doesnt want to meet any person who thinks like you? (aka he is a doctor so automatically he is ¨attractive to all¨ lol)
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by tpia5: 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2011
does the so-called doctor have family members at all because i cant believe his family would stand by and watch him go bananas over a woman in this manner.

7 years of paying a girlfriend's school fees? Did he assist his own relatives during that time?

karma is not good, and that's what this whole saga looks like. undecided

i guess people left him to his own devices when he no gree hear word again.

7 years dating?

he threw his money down the drain. Too bad.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by tpia5: 1:32pm On Aug 10, 2011
well, if the love dey shack am, he can wait for her to dump the husband and come back to him, or he could also be banging her in her husband's house.

women don finish for lagos nah. undecided

seriously though, is it just me or are yoruba men taking women-related beatings all over nigeria and even beyond.

wasnt one yoruba man beaten in benin the other day, by the deputy governor's wife.

The police warned the parties to keep the peace after the doctor said he had forgiven her

won ti se eleyi jina.

i suppose he feels more manly now, after the beating.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by sweetgala(m): 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2011
It's obvious the girl was just trying to please her mother, if nah me I for just dey chop d girl d go.
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by kodewrita(m): 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2011
pendo89:

The name of the church says it all.

Faith and Fire brimstones and blows Prayer Ministry,

The doctor's lucky. Imagine if the pastor in question had been reverend King?
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by tpia5: 2:09pm On Aug 10, 2011
more like imagine if he'd actually married the girl, not knowing this:

Unknown to me, Christiana’s mother had all along opposed our relationship

wont he die early?

what a s.tupid man. undecided

so much he doesnt know anyway.

hence his present quandary undecided
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by enomakos(m): 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2011
no wonder i did not trust women these day
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by blank(f): 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2011
For the first time, i actually agree with Tpiah
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by chiefronal: 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2011
Its obvious that most churches in Nigeria are commercial outfits, made to hoodwink people out of their hard earned money! God help us,
Re: Doctor Beaten For Stalling Ex-lover’s Wedding by Mynd44: 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
The doctor got played. And please don't tell me that he was investing when he payed for her education he himself said it she slept in his house so it is safe he got PUNNY as returns or does anyone here think NAIJA punny is free? You pay for it one way or another

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Come In And Look At A Woman With World's Largest Butt (pix) / Chidinma Vs Lupita,who Rocks The Low Cut Style Better? / Check Out Beautiful Photos Of Zulu Girls Going Wild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.