Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) (19419 Views)

How To Cook Vegetable Soup With Scent Leaf And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) / How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:52am On Sep 06, 2022
This is another vegetable soup recipe with Ugu leaves (pumpkin leaves) and water leaves. This cook with me video is well detailed on how to cook Nigerian vegetable soup popularly know as Edikang-Ikong. This soup is full of delicious goodness.

Ingredients:

Beef
Ugu (Pumpkin leaves)
Water leaves
Kpomo
Kpanla fish
Dried Catfish
Stock fish
Crayfish
Yellow scent peppers
Red peppers
Onions
Palm oil
Seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAarLBtqlt4

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by VeryWickedMan: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2022
I'm here for my favourite soup

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I'm here for my favourite soup

Am amazed you like this one.
Please come and eat.
Do you know how to cook it?
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by VeryWickedMan: 10:58am On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Am amazed you like this one.
Please come and eat.
Do you know how to cook it?

Address please.
You think say I go talk "thank you" waka pass?

PS: Nothing concern me and kitchen. My own is to complain bitterly until my food is ready then proceed to deliver wotowoto inside you immediately after.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Address please.
You think say I go talk "thank you" waka pass?

grin grin grin
Talk thank you nah, if stranger offer you anything, just say thank you.
Na so dey train us.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by VeryWickedMan: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

grin grin grin
Talk thank you nah, if stranger offer you anything, just say thank you.
Na so dey train us.

I'm not well trained in food matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ifytrik(m): 11:06am On Sep 06, 2022
With the way naira loosing value this days i hope 15k can pepare the soup?

7 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ouzo1(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2022
U don start again abi Op?

Dey Elders must see this.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2022
ifytrik:
With the way naira loosing value this days i hope 15k can pepare the soup?

Even 3k can do this sir.
Reduce the meat, that's the most expensive in the list.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:30am On Sep 06, 2022
ouzo1:
U don start again abi Op?

Dey Elders must see this.

We must chow nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ouzo1(m): 11:34am On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

We must chow nah cheesy

Dis one no be chow na feast be dis

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2022
ouzo1:

Dis one no be chow na feast be dis

grin
It's not expensive at all, but very healthy.
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

I'm not well trained in food matter.

Chaiii
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ouzo1(m): 11:43am On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

grin
It's not expensive at all, but very healthy.

Na so dat Lady wey make Akamu and beans talk, I carry 1k go to buy d same thing market Women wan kill me with prices. I kukuma vex go buy Igbo and Chelsea dry gin. now hunger don hook me again..

I go soon stop to come this section sef,una dey use food oppress me.

11 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ifytrik(m): 11:46am On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Even 3k can do this sir.
Reduce the meat, that's the most expensive in the list.
wow! I will give it a try, i really love calabar food

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ifytrik(m): 11:48am On Sep 06, 2022
ouzo1:

Na so dat Lady wey make Akamu and beans talk, I carry 1k go to buy d same thing market Women wan kill me with prices. I kukuma vex go buy Igbo and Chelsea dry gin. now hunger don hook me again..

grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2022
ouzo1:

Na you no manage the money well naa. Or you no know price of things for market, so market women been wan run you street. cheesy
1k suppose reach run beans and akamu.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ouzo1(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

Na you no manage the money well naa. Or you no know price of things for market, so market women been wan run you street. cheesy

Na even u sef, See market women for my side no get joy o...Small thing dem don begin raise voice for u.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

That's right. One funny thing that happens in market is if you don't know how to bargain and you start bargaining with them, omo they will run you street grin

It's better you jejely tell them the amount of what you want and appeal to their conscience to put jara afterwards.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2022
ouzo1:

Na even u sef,

See market women for my side no get joy o...Small thing dem don begin raise voice for u.
No be me ooo! E go be Channah1. grin

Market women no dey take eyes see "broda" naa.
All those Jara wey them dey put for women customer, na una dey pay for them. grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

That's right. One funny thing that happens in market is if you don't know how to bargain and you start bargaining with them, omo they will run you street grin

It's better you jejely tell them the amount of what you want and appeal to their conscience to put jara afterwards.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Brodas are usually their "victims" grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ouzo1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

No be me ooo! E go be Channah1. grin

Market women no dey take eyes see "broda" naa.
All those Jara wey them dey put for women customer, na una dey pay for them. grin grin

Channah? Why I listen to person wey her name sound like designers.

Lesson learnt no market going for a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2022
ouzo1:

Abeg dey come food section dey get food inspiration.

Let me give you a quick 3k Edikang-Ikong soup that is very rich yet affordable:

Beef 700
Ugu 300
Water leaf 200
Kpomo 200
Kpanla 300
Dry catfish 400
Stock fish 300
Palm oil 200
Knorr cubes 100
Pepper 100
Onions 100
Salt 100
Total 3000

Everything on that list is captured here. Just meet one Mama in the market and buy everything from her. She will do you well.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2022
[quote author=ifytrik post=116406023][/quote]

You can arrange this with 3k
Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Beef 700
Ugu 300
Water leaf 200
Kpomo 200
Kpanla 300
Dry catfish 400
Stock fish 300
Palm oil 200
Knorr cubes 100
Pepper 100
Onions 100
Salt 100
Total 3000

Everything on that list is captured here. Just meet one Mama in the market and buy everything from her. She will do you well.

Cc: Nlfpmod.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by Skibani99(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2022
Another one, no doubt e go sweet..
but no periwinkle?

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by ouzo1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Beef 700
Ugu 300
Water leaf 200
Kpomo 200
Kpanla 300
Dry catfish 400
Stock fish 300
Palm oil 200
Knorr cubes 100
Pepper 100
Onions 100
Salt 100
Total 3000

I don Screenshot am. Thank You. u kind pass Chanel bag Lady

4 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Brodas are usually their "victims" grin

Na sense some Brodas dey use.
Just make one woman your regular customer.
Tease her and make her laugh whenever you come to buy things.
She will be dashing you things sef

If you squeeze face and act all grown
Omo, they see you as Yahoo boy wey gat money to spend.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2022
Skibani99:
Another one, no doubt e go sweet..
but no periwinkle?

No periwinkle today, we are on a budget cheesy

E sweet wella.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mariahAngel(f): 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Na sense some Brodas dey use.
Just make one woman your regular customer.
Tease her and make her laugh whenever you come to buy things.
She will be dashing you things sef

If you squeeze face and act all grown
Omo, they see you as Yahoo boy wey gat money to spend.

Hehehehehehe
True.
Some will even be kind enough to help them get the rest of the things they (Brodas) need, if they (the market women) don't have them.
As long as you're a loyal customer.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by McOluOmo: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ok

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delicious Edikang-Ikong Soup With Ugu And Water Leaf (Photos, Video) by mrkings84(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2022
My best meal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IJEOMA'S SEAFOOD-Oron Crayfish With 10 Free Pieces of Catfish / My Stomach Is Big / Red Apple Or Green Apple!..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.