Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,133 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property (7216 Views)

Obanikoro's Son Fights female Voter (video) / Buhari Sold Ikoyi Property To Fund Children's Education-dr Noble Abe / Ojukwu Family’s Bid To Recover Ikoyi Property Suffers Setback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by aljharem3: 7:37am On Aug 10, 2011
The drama over the properties of the Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu is getting interesting by the day as the Movement for the Actualization for the Sovereign State of Biafra ( MASSOB),  and the Ikemba's half brother, Lota Ojukwu have joined in the fray.

Ojukwu
had been down with a massive stroke for quite a  while. He is currently in the intensive care unit of a London Hospital.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that last Thursday , Lota stormed the 29 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive ( Queens Drive),  property of the Ikemba with thugs, broke down the gate, beat up and chase away the security men, and took over the place.

His move , it was learnt was to preempt the ailing war lord's eldest son , Sylvester from taking  over the property.

When Sylvester got wind of the invasion, he contacted some of his friends in the police, and some low ranking soldiers. But the attempt by these uniformed men to dislodge Lota's thugs was futile. It became a stand off.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that few hours later, MASSOB arrived. It was however not clear if they were invited by Sylvester.

After a brief stand off, the Lota thugs were chased out, their boss scaled the fence to avoid the wrath of the MASSOB boys

Last month, two of his sons, Sylvester and Chwulwuemeka Jnr approached a Lagos High Court for an exparte motion in connection with their father's properties in Ikoyi, Lagos and Enugu.

The claimants listed in suit NO: LD/794/2011 before Justice O.A Adefope Okojie, are Ogbonna Ojukwu, Chief Debe Odumegwu Ojukwu, and Silver Convention Nigeria Limited.

The defendants are Ojukwu Transport, Professor Joseph Ojukwu, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Engineer Emmanuel Ojukwu , Lotanna Ojukwu, and Massey Udegbe.

Justice Adefope- Okojie after listening to counsel to the claimants, Kayode Ayorinde, made an order for substituted service on Prof Ojukwu, the Ikemba and Emmanuel Ojukwu at No 26, Park Avenue , GRA Enugu, No 7 Forest Crescent, GRA Enugu and No 24 Isiuzo Stree, Independence Layout.

http://nigerianewsdaily.com/categoryblog/20962.html
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2011
Atleast they should let him die first.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Pukkah: 11:07am On Aug 10, 2011
chino11:

Anuofia. Did you read what the first poster seanet posted?? Maybe you turned a blind eye to that You start by admonishing your kinsmen from attacking the Igbos first, because when we start no going back. Let them keep posting rubbish on anything Igbo, we pay them with dirty coins too

I have decided to ignore your rude and impudent comments and decided to stay on the issue.

You jumped into a thread blindly and started firing salvos without bothering to read. If you had cared to read, a problem which is fast becoming an epidemic in this part of the world, you would have clearly seen where I chastised seanet, someone whom you hastily concluded is my kinsman.

Again, while seanet took his admonition with equanimity, you went berserk and spewed further insults simply because you were corrected! Reflect. Have you behaved like a man of learning?
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by redsun(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Atleast they should let him die first.

You are a tribal hawk,anywhere you see potential tribal rabbling topic,you are always the first to land.Or should i say vulture?because hawks are supreme birds.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by redsun(m): 11:25am On Aug 10, 2011
Nigerian family units are broken and that is what the general society is projecting.Break nigeria down to family units,it is not going to work.

Broken down by foreign religions,mad capitalism and other alien indoctrinations.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by osadudu(f): 11:39am On Aug 10, 2011
its too early in dis thread 4 anyone 2 start getting sentitive abt tribe.d above is just one out of hundred of cases that occur even amongst d "so called" educated one's among them.if there's evidence contrary to dis post,lets hear d defence.haba,d man is not dead yet for pits sake!
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by blank(f): 11:44am On Aug 10, 2011
I am sure he has a will. What is all this greed being displayed. God save us all.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2011
IBO IB0 IBOOO!! $ € £ ¥ moni moni m oney! Atleast dey should let him die b4 dey start killing themselves over his property
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by cinzo: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2011
Adetayo100:

IBO IB0 IBOOO!! $ € £ ¥ moni moni m oney! Atleast dey should let him die b4 dey start killing themselves over his property

SHARAP DIA MY FRIEND grin WHAT HAS BEING IBO GOT TO DO WITH THIS
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by apoti(m): 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2011
Typical Ibos, not surprised tho undecided
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by redsun(m): 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2011
It is all about tribe for tribe oriented animals(poster).They come in the different names and genders but the same bunch of ignorant miscreants.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by cinzo: 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2011
apoti:

Typical Ibos, not surprised tho  undecided

ANOTHER BAD BELLE PERSIN ;DLIKE SAY IF YOUR UNCLE WANTS TO DISINHERIT YOU, YOU NO GO CALL OPC FOR AM
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by apoti(m): 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2011
cinzo:

ANOTHER BAD BELLE PERSIN ;DLIKE SAY IF YOUR UNCLE WANTS TO DISINHERIT YOU, YOU NO GO CALL OPC FOR AM

I only made my comments based on what I read, are they not ibos or why are you crying tongue
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by cyril10(m): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
People with greed, when the man was struggling to put all they are fighting for now in place, they did not struggle with him, they are now fighting for what rightly belongs to the children of Dim Ojukwu.

Ojukwu should recover very fast before they kill his children because of property that does not belong to them.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Demdem(m): 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2011
where the heck is my earlier post? someone is playing pranks here.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2011
redsun:

You are a tribal hawk,anywhere you see potential tribal rabbling topic,you are always the first to land.Or should i say vulture?because hawks are supreme birds.

What is wrong in what i just said ? That they should wait for him to die before they kill themselves ? Sorry, I don't know ibos inherit  sick people !
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by iyaibeji1: 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2011
I Wonder why a brother or sister will collect or confiscate another man's property when such a person has wife(wives) and children(s).
what do they want to happen to the immediate family of the man they should go hungry?
this is not an Ibo issue, i believe it is happening in all the tribes and should not be encouraged.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by redsun(m): 12:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What is wrong in what i just said ? That they should wait for him to die before they kill themseles ? Sorry, I don't know ibos inherit  sick people !

Coming from a normal person like Oderemo,i totally i agree but from you,it is sarcasm in obvious attempt to fuel tribal rabbling.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
iya ibeji:

I Wonder why a brother or sister will collect or confiscate another man's property when such a person has wife(wives) and children(s).
what do they want to happen to the immediate family of the man they should go hungry?
this is not an Ibo issue, i believe it is happening in all the tribes and should not be encouraged.

Iya ibeji,awon ibeji n ko ? Anyways,family/land issues is high in iboland and mostly rare in the hausa region.
redsun:

Coming from a normal person like Oderemo,i totally i agree but from you,it is sarcasm in obvious attempt to fuel tribal rabbling.

in your attempt to pretend to read my mind,what do you think i would have said ? that since ojuku refuse to die, his family decides to share his property or that ojuku is dead and the family is only lying about it ?
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Mobinga: 12:35pm On Aug 10, 2011
I hope you guys are real. I hope you don't only come online and feign bigotry, whatever you do do it well.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by redsun(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2011
The whole fracas could have come from their grandfather,Ojukwu the 1st who probably didn't leave a will and like in most igbo culture the first son always inherit everything that belongs to the father which Odumegwu could have done without sharing with his siblings.And now that he is out of the way,the siblings are probably using the nigerian corrupt english adopted laws to over turn traditions.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by OMOB3: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
LOL, Nairalanders are funny, always arguing.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by redsun(m): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
That is if the story is true.I still think it is cynical.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Arielle: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2011
The laws of primogeniture have been abolished in a lot of other societies, in the UK as recent as 1925. If that is the case in Ikemba's family, this law just breeds disaffection and enmity between siblings. It really should be done away with.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by femmy2010(m): 12:54pm On Aug 10, 2011
Is Ojukwu dead?
Why the fight.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
Arielle:

The laws of primogeniture have been abolished in a lot of other societies, in the UK as recent as 1925. If that is the case in Ikemba's family, this law just breeds disaffection and enmity between siblings. It really should be done away with.

It's much around in Africa and i don't think it will be abolished in Nigeria anytime soon.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by readymade: 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2011
Bianca should better settle herself before her husband dies o, because it appears that there will be fire on the mountain, should Ojukwu die,
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Abagworo(m): 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2011
If I were Ojukwu,I shall definitely will everything to charity.
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2011
If Bianca is sharp, she will take a huge slice of the cake and run like the hounds of hell were on her heels.

BTW what concern's Ojukwu brother with the property?
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
Abagworo:

If I were Ojukwu,I shall definitely will everything to charity.

Yes he already willed everything to massob but his family are not happy with that decision. Abi massob no be NGO ?
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2011
cinzo:

SHARAP DIA MY FRIEND grin WHAT HAS BEING IBO GOT TO DO WITH THIS
Go si don jor mumu grin is ojukwu and his brother, family not ibo again after dey fought 4 u and ur generation(unfourneatly dey lost) ungreatfull midget cheesy
Re: Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property by dustydee: 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
Na wah o! won't they let him die first before they fight over his property?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Meets Igbo Elders Over South-east Development / Lack Of Funds Won’t Stop Ogoni Clean-up - Amina Mohammed / I Remain PDP Chair, Sheriff Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.