Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! (18280 Views)

Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007 / Nissan Murano Experience ?? Pls Help / How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Akpojeweo: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
Thank you for that piece of information. From now the choice is mine. Still waiting on tnktosin for his answer.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Bowie11(m): 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2011
Its so funny reading NLs reaction on this thread.
I lived and have my business in Badagry near Seme. I have been to Ritzi Port, near Cotonou (Benin Republic) where vehicles are sold and to other ECOWAS countries countless of times and I think I can tell you one or two things on your quest. Buying cars, 4x4 and buses are DEFINITELY cheaper than those from Nigerian port because most of the vehicles are designated transit among other reasons. When you pick, inspect to your utmost satisfaction and decide on a vehicle at Ritzi Port. You pay for it and any demurrage. A clearing agent will pay for its duty and drive it to Seme Krake's Andrew Park on the same day, if you buy it early. From Andrew Park it will be driven through the 800 metre border to the Customs Vehicle Seat at Seme Kpoji. It will parked therein. A government registered clearing agent will do its paper processing and within 36 hours the paper will be perfected, you will pay duty to the bank within the complex and the vehicle will be released to you and you can drive it home yourself with peace of mind. With these process you are free fron harrassment from any law enforcement agent but if you want to cut corner or give your vehicle to an unregistered clearing agent then , you buy it early. From Andrew Park it will be driven through the 800 metre border to the Customs Vehicle Seat at Seme Kpoji. It will parked therein. A government registered clearing agent will do its paper processing and within 36 hours the paper will be perfected, you will pay duty to the bank within the complex and the vehicle will be released to you and you can drive it home yourself with peace of mind. With these process you are free fron harrassment from any law enforcement agent but if you want to cut corner or give your vehicle to an unregistered clearing agent then ,
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by ochukoccna: 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
This is a great thread.
Kudos to the OP& many who have contributed to it.
Been ages I came across an information packed&educational thread like this on NL.
It has exposed most of the myths& misinformation about Cotonou shipped cars.
Now I'm better informed.
Kudos once again& thanks.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by digi101(m): 3:34pm On Aug 12, 2011
Finally an answer!

femmy2010:

My Advice

If your plan is to buy a vehicle from Cotonou and get it duly cleared by Customs at the point of entry into Nigeria with your primary aim of still "saving money" compared to what is obtainable in Lagos/Nigeria market then i do say BUY IN LAGOS.
Why?The same duty charged at the sea ports is what is charged at the borders meaning it would give you same buying cost after duty must have been paid.

BUT if saving cost is not the main factor of choosing buying from Cotonou but to be sure you are buying a vehicle with clean title and duty accurately paid then the famous Cotonou auto market is waiting for you.

You only save money when the vehicle is smuggled in thus skipping duty payment.

So again,the choice is yours.[/color][/b]

I've always been under the impression that Cotonou cars are just naturally cheaper than Lagos cars. Its an eye opener to realize the difference is just simply you sticking the government for payable duties and hence facing the resultant customs whala!

I'll definitely be heading to a car lot dealer to make my next purchase!
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Akpojeweo: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
Be warned also that majority of the cars you see right inside Nigeria here for sale were smuggled in from cotonou through this dreaded process but wearing fake tincan custom papers, all dealers knew it, so, buying in cotonou and monitoring all the steps home is better, what do you think?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2011
digi101:

Finally an answer!

I've always been under the impression that Cotonou cars are just naturally cheaper than Lagos cars. Its an eye opener to realize the difference is just simply you sticking the government for payable duties and hence facing the resultant customs whala!

I'll definitely be heading to a car lot dealer to make my next purchase!

I got bored with this thread because of a lot of ignorant posts however I am gonna advise you based on your last post.
1.Even cars at car lots are sometimes smuggled into the country through the notorious Idi-Iroko footpaths and subsequently the smugglers(Oni Fayawo's) fake customs documents saying Tin can,Apapa,KLT or Lilypond port.
2.Before buying any car in any car lot in Lagos,please make sure you collect a photocopy of the porported documents and try to visit the nearest Customs processing Centre (CPC),where you can actually confirm if customs duty has been paid on the said vehicle.
3.Customs is now computerised,so no two vehicles can have the same SGD(Single good declaration)Number.
4. The smugglers and touts do not want people to have this information because it is what they exploit to feed off innocent buyers.

Finally never trust any body when it comes to money transactions,always try to get reciepts for any kind of payment because when it happens 99% of these so called agents or dealers will disappear into thin air.
Also remember you can clear your vehicle by your self at the border or in the ports_It is called self clearance,however the touts do not want you to know this because this is where they feed from.
Please try and make sure you pay any duty at the designated banks by yourself.(Most of these guys are very good at forging documents,in order to cut costs and shove more of your money into their pockets.)
A word is enough for the wise. BEWARE!
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by digi101(m): 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2011
Na wa for this country sef
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Akpojeweo: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2011
Richvkunt:

I got bored with this thread because of a lot of ignorant posts however I am gonna advise you based on your last post.
1.Even cars at car lots are sometimes smuggled into the country through the notorious Idi-Iroko footpaths and subsequently the smugglers(Oni Fayawo's) fake customs documents saying Tin can,Apapa,KLT or Lilypond port.
2.Before buying any car in any car lot in Lagos,please make sure you collect a photocopy of the porported documents and try to visit the nearest Customs processing Centre (CPC),where you can actually confirm if customs duty has been paid on the said vehicle.
3.Customs is now computerised,so no two vehicles can have the same SGD(Single good declaration)Number.
4. The smugglers and touts do not want people to have this information because it is what they exploit to feed off innocent buyers.

Finally never trust any body when it comes to money transactions,always try to get reciepts for any kind of payment because when it happens 99% of these so called agents or dealers will disappear into thin air.
Also remember you can clear your vehicle by your self at the border or in the ports_It is called self clearance,however the touts do not want you to know this because this is where they feed from.
Please try and make sure you pay any duty at the designated banks by yourself.(Most of these guys are very good at forging documents,in order to cut costs and shove more of your money into their pockets.)

[/color] I have gained so much from this your post. Thank you.

can have the same SGD(Single good declaration)Number.

[quote][/quote][color=#990000]
I have gained so much from this your post. Thank you.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by kblastic(f): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2011
femmy2010:

A buyer can go with his clearing agent to view the payment and documentation process.

Officially,only 2 occupant is allowed to sit in a newly cleared vehicle from the Cotonou park/Port to Seme.Idiroko border and yes your agent can go in a commercial vehicle while you seat in your vehicle with the Beninese driver while been driven to the border.
And yes,you can stay at the border with your dealer till clearing process on Nigeria end is completed to ease tension.

[b]
Note.
Different people has different reasons they choose to buy or clear a car from Cotonou.

1 They want to see vehicles they intend to buy as it is and not repaired ones sold by some sellers in Lagos.
2 They want to save money buy skipping Duty payment.
3 They know that no where in Nigeria can they get an agglomeration of various vehicles in a singular location and want to make a pick from those very many available buy options.
4 Some Nigerians ship their vehicles to Cotonou to skip paying high clearing cost that is associated with Lagos ports.e.g it cost above N1m to clear a 2010/2011 Camry and a budget under N500k would clear it in Cotonou and safely "smuggled" into Nigeria(With Owner's approval).
5 Vehicles older than 15 years are not dutiable and officially not allowed to come into the Country so they buy from Cotonou and have it smuggled in.
6 Some want to buy their desired vehicle and be sure the correct duty is paid and duly cleared to prevent any possible harassment by customs or any other security agencies.
6 It cost cheaper to have a vehicle shipped to Cotonou and for the singular reason that importers do not have to pay clearing fee means they can afford to sell a vehicle for as cheap as they like anytime.

My Advice

If your plan is to buy a vehicle from Cotonou and get it duly cleared by Customs at the point of entry into Nigeria with your primary aim of still "saving money" compared to what is obtainable in Lagos/Nigeria market then i do say BUY IN LAGOS.
Why?The same duty charged at the sea ports is what is charged at the borders meaning it would give you same buying cost after duty must have been paid.

BUT if saving cost is not the main factor of choosing buying from Cotonou but to be sure you are buying a vehicle with clean title and duty accurately paid then the famous Cotonou auto market is waiting for you.

You only save money when the vehicle is smuggled in thus skipping duty payment.

So again,the choice is yours.
[/b]

femi,alwys gud 2 clearly lay ppls choice 4 dem lyk u do.
am satisfied wit d avalon you got me and b sure more patronage wud cum 4rm my end.
saved about N200k i wud ve spent if i had bought same car in lagos.
awuf i knw but am ok wit it.
Ciao.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Fixed: 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2011
My first experience in Cotonou ended up a disappointment in 2009 as I planned to buy an 03/04 accord EX/L probably with navigation effizi. The first thing is that I was overwhelmed with the number of parks to go for me to make a choice. if you have eye for detail like I do, this could take you more than 2 days which I never bargained for. Because I spent all the time moving round, there was no time for looking up the VIN report of the particular cars I selected and this is very important to me. As there is always a closing time at any market place, you may just have to pay a little token of N10K to book the vehicle down so that it will be marked sold for as long as the day you promise to return to complete the deal. The 4-cyl 03/Nav that I got up to 2.1M duty inclusive. Compared to N2.1M I got in Lagos then for an 04 without nav system anyway. There was a passive comment of rolling back the odometer if i wanted which put me off the deal completely. I felt happier returning home without a car.

My second experience was in january 2010 when I was interested in getting an 03 infiniti QX4. The price hovered around N2M in Lagos and they were not many with Lagos dealers so I felt I could get to Cotonou for the sake of variety. I actually got I wanted at N2M duty inclusive but I didnt think it was worth the trouble since it was the same price in Lagos so I also quit the transaction. I was made to understand, which was a fact anyway, that the exchange rate plays a very high factor in the price at which you get a car. Specifically, the ex, rate was very high then. Dollar had jumped from N115 to over N140 if I could remember. So there was a cascading effect on Naira to CFA.

Not done, there was yet another return to Cotonou for a car for my wife. I had researched and discovered that I could get Honda Odyssey (96/97/98) model for N950K in Lagos. Well researched, I contacted ‘my agent’ who by now I had known too well on and outside Nairaland and I equally assumed he knew my taste as a result of the previous transactions albeit incomplete. I was working at getting this van at N750/800K. I entrusted the entire deal into his hand as I didn’t have the time and energy to travel to Benin Republic again. By the time the deal was concluded it ended at N870K be casue there was strike by Cotonou Customs and there was also a slight review of duty at the time. But I must say that I would have made a better choice of van if I had gone with my agent. As per if the papers were genuine, yes they were. With the assurance of the agent, my brother drove the vehicle down to Abuja without any problem with custom, counting up to 10 or more in Badagry road and 6 between Lagos and Abuja. I have had reason to be stopped at custom checkpoint twice and there was no issue with my paper. It was even mooted that I overpaid for a 1996 car. It appears that the law on restriction of importable cars to 10yrs of age does not affect land borders.

I have since recommended three friends to Cotonou market through the same agent. One was satisfied and the second not wholly satisfied because of additional costs of putting one of the 2 vehicles he bought in order. Things went awry on the road. Also, the guy could not get drivers to drive them after all the boast and the delivery money was not refunded as at the time my friend needed them.

• You may not have an opportunity to get a mechanic to check the car for you. Experience has really taught me to know that a car that drives fine at the dealer’s place might not show the actual problems until an hour after you hit the road. Vibrations, missing parts, overheating etc. This does not apply to Cotonou alone.
• Agents could also collude with the clearing agent to add up the cost of clearing. You wouldn’t have the time to investigate all this detail about how much goes to where.
• Negotiate how much the agent will collect before you buy.
• To ensure you are given a genuine paper, let the agent know that you are going to drive your car down yourself, I tell you if your deal is clean, you have no problem. But also realize that police will always collect money from you whether your papers are genuine or not. At most, it is N200 where you cannot talk your way through. Customs may also collect what is called OD (Officer-on-Duty), between N1K and 2K but they wouldn’t hold your vehicle.
• I was made to understand that Cotonou dealers do not pay duty on all their cars as they enter Benin Republic so the buyer end up paying both duties.
• Be prepared to go to Cotonou twice before you can seal your deal. This adds up to the cost – money and time.
• Please, only go to Cotonou with someone you know well, or a recommended agent. As in all business that involves money, some are wolves in sheep’s clothing.
• Buy when exchange rate is low.
• Expect your car to take minimum of 5 working days to deliver, forget all the story of 2 days.
• If I look back at those times, though you get to save something, I will say what you save on a car with fully paid duty may not worth the effort except you take some of the precautions above. I think cars are also getting cheaper in Nigeria that is if you don’t get to buy junks anyway.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Tadeus(m): 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
If you are planning to buy car from cotonuo cars market and you want to pay for custom papers, its simple, Once your car get to Seme border, tell your agent to drive the car down to Nigerian side and park it INSIDE NIGERIAN CUSTOM VEHICLE SEAT INSPECTION OFFICE, no how the car will come outside from that place without original custom papers OR if you will not have opportunity to come to the border when your car will arrive to the border, immediately your agent hand over the custom papers to you, just go to any nearby custom office to confirm the papers.

Fake custom papers can be processed at the two port, either Lagos or Seme,  If you are buying car from cotonuo, and you decide not to pay for duty at Seme border, when your car get to Lagos, You can do FAKE Lagos custom paper for it and start using it but you can not buy car from Lagos and do FAKE Seme  custom cleared for it simply because Seme custom papers are not easy to duplicate in the sense that 70% of cars coming in from cotonuo are not duty paid.

Nigerian like cheap things, Majority of cars dealers in Nigeria, esp Lagos based dealers, patronize cotonuo cars market. they buy cars, smuggle it in, and put it at their stand for sale, they do fake Lagos custom papers for some of their cars, while they sell some with no papers. For instance, if dealer buy like Range Rover sport 2006 from cotonuo cars market, the original custom payment at Seme border is at the range of 750k - 900k, its simple, DO YOU EXPECT LAGOS DEALER TO PAY THAT AMOUNT FOR JUST CUSTOM PAPERS, ? its impossible for dealers to pay this money but if you has end user visit the market to buy this particular car, you will definitely pay duty because you will not like to risk your money. So, lets assume that you eventually spend 4.5m to land this car to Lagos with original custom papers, and Lagos dealers offered you this same car 4.2m with fake Lagos cleared custom papers, you will just conclude that cotonuo cars are too expensive

There are lots of advantages when you are buying from cotonuo cars market, There are lots of cars for you to make your choice and the prices are not same compares to Lagos cars,  Although, you can find some cars very cheap in lagos but if you check the history of most of these cars, you will be discourage,  I think were most of people that visit cotonuo cars market to buy cars have problem is from their AGENT,  If you and your agent understand each other very well, you will enjoy your visit to cotonuo cars market because its FUN,

Most people believes that buying cars from cotonuo is risky, this not TRUE, if you are paying duty for your car, you will definitely have rest of mind,

NO RISK ATTACHED TO CARS THAT CAME IN VIA COTONUO'S PORT IF IT IS FULLY DUTY PAID.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by makizee(m): 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2011
well one can also pay import duty at the seme border or at the customs office at idiroko, it it this import duty that smugglers dogde which is why they bring it it cheaper , if u dnt mind tha anxiety and waiting game, just buy ur car for tin can or berger, but if u get James Bond mind and u no won pay import duty, Cotonou is not far away,
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by visitor30(m): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2011
Am loving this thread because it is a sure eye opener for a lot of us. be that as it may, I want to ask here again, it seems that from what a lot of us are saying here is that majority of the cars on car stand/shops in Lagos all come with GENUINE CUSTOMS PAPER? I beg to differ here, reason being that even cars that come in through our own ports can also be cleared with fake Customs paper. Right or Wrong? I stand to be corrected here, because I've heard agent say they can also fly cars from our port here in Lagos.  A friend of mine said we go thief am commot from Wharf and just give Customs small thing, den go get papers outside.

like Femmy & others have said here, the choice is yours as a buyer to make, whether to have your vehicle smuggled through the land boarders of you pay the correct Customs Duty and have a free driving experience each time you are on the road.
The variety in the choice of vehicles is what makes the Cotonou experience a better deal. Some will say order your vehicle from the US or Europe and have a better deal. but I tell you it has its own issues when the person decides to fail you.
Am still recovering from such nasty experience, even when the person is a close friend. Human beings can fail you when it comes to dealing with MONEY.
People all I can say is be wise and be warned! Shine your eyes and ask loads & loads of questions.The clearing process has been made simple and its something you can do all by yourself. Most of us Nigerians are not patient enough to wait for something, we are always in a hurry and that is why a lot of us falls victims. Out there there very good and honest Cotonou car dealers who can get you what you what and at your terms.!

One Love!
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by sholasho(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2011
This is so very simple.
You see the car of your choice in Lagos and satisfied with the Amount, cool just settle for it.
And if you know you want to make option from the several cars in cotonou go ahead and buy your car there and pay custom duties.
Whatever discussion, discouragement, bad experience you have ever had and have shared here would never stop cars coming in from cotonou everyday.
  Only if you know, Well over 1000 cars come in from cotonou every week which well above 500 pay the Original Nigerian custom duties,
The choice is yours.
Buying a car and paying Custom duties and buying a car and smuggle it. All na Choice
Buying a car from cotonou is as well as pre ordering a car.
Lagos cars are ready made and abit higher in price, you might be lucky to find it cheap at times.
And who knows about cars wont want to settle for a car that has been painted before.

You go to cotonou and buy accident free car and if buying accidented then you know you are buying for less.

Virtually everything in this world is "CHOICE" believe me.

Read below:

Pre Ordered cars are the cheapest but take longer time. **************1

Cotonou cars comes next, cheaper than Lagos cars takes Maximum 3 - $ days depends on your Agent ****************2

Lagos cars are the most expensive because is ready made. Then if you tell that its cheaper in Lagos then the car is used not direct toks *********3

Comparing all the 3 stated above to be TOKS

SO abeg o! the choice is yours. Shikenna
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by tnktosin(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2011
Akpojeweo:

Just 2 days now this thread has attracted an incredible traffic, this is good. I had shared my experiences and given my advice. @tnktosin' does your custom papers reflect tincan or seme? your answer will give me a word to say here. @femmy2010: will a dealer allow you along himself to the custom office for duties payment? Is it possible for a customer to follow his car from cotonou port to seme border and stay with a dealer throughout the days of this deal to ease off tension? I advised buying from cotonou if we must abide by the rules and regulations.

@Akpojeweo, my papers reflect seme and my brother spent time with the clearing agent through the clearing process and like av said before i've been through costum ckecks and they've confirmed my papers genuine.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Akpojeweo: 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2011
@tnktosin. Thank you for answering my question. I have seen a car from cotonou with tincan duty papers and i just asked if yours was like that, thank God yours were not fake papers. Of all, nothing is left untouched, whatever opinion formed from the above reaction is there to guide us wisely. GOD BLESS.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by EuroMeko(m): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2011
This is by far one of the most informative threads in the auto section.

I have a few pointed questions:

(1) Where can I find the rule on the age limit posted online?
(2) Can I buy an older than 15 year old car in Cotonou and drive it over and pay real duty?

As an Autoist, I am very vexed with the Nigerian governments stance on this age limit thing. It's ruining it for hobbyist like me who likes classic vehicles.

Thanks to all participants for a very civil thread.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2011
Cars and SUVs older than 15year old are not officially allow to come into the country meaning duty can not be paid on them.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by EuroMeko(m): 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2011
How about pick up trucks?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2011
It is classified commercial with no age restriction.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by EuroMeko(m): 11:55pm On Aug 13, 2011
A Toyota Tacoma as an example si classified as commercial in California, will this be considered commercial by our custom too?

Additionally is duty same for cars and trucks?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 12:02am On Aug 14, 2011
The tacoma would be classified a commercial vehicle.
Duty payable on cars and jeeps are more than vehicles classified as commercial.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by EuroMeko(m): 12:25am On Aug 14, 2011
A very very happy news Femmy2010, thanks Mate. Is there any where I can raed up on this officially?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 5:26am On Aug 14, 2011
You welcome sir.Do look-up Nigerian custom website on google but sadly I doubt if they would be very helpful though but worthy a try.
Do feel free to make any other inquiry whenever.
Happy Sunday to you.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Akpojeweo: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2011
@femmy2010 thank you for all this invaluable education and informations given on this thread so far, you lively up this thread and made it exceptionaly worthwhile keep it up and may God bless you above your imaginations.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2011
Okay my bruva,
Always happy to be of help.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by tnktosin(m): 11:15am On Aug 14, 2011
Akpojeweo:

@tnktosin. Thank you for answering my question. I have seen a car from cotonou with tincan duty papers and i just asked if yours was like that, thank God yours were not fake papers. Of all, nothing is left untouched, whatever opinion formed from the above reaction is there to guide us wisely. GOD BLESS.
Very true, thnx.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by Muza(m): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2011
i hear some ppl talking about buying cars from tin-can,can one actually buy car at tincan cheap?
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by ficoram(m): 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2011
This is a very informative thread and i thank the Op and pple who had contributed immensly to it.My questn is dat,i want to know if its true dat the new law is dat any vehicle that is impounded for fake custom duty should be released after the owner is made to pay and get the adequate papers.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by femmy2010(m): 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2011
ficoram:

This is a very informative thread and i thank the Op and pple who had contributed immensly to it.My questn is dat,i want to know if its true dat the new law is dat any vehicle that is impounded for[b] fake custom duty[/b] should be released after the owner is made to pay and get the adequate papers.

Seized vehicles would be auctioned to the general public at the end of every year.
Duty can not be paid for vehicles already in the country.
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by blank(f): 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2011
No wonder they have gone on a renewed drive for funds. I saw them on Karimu Kotun on Tuesday, saw them on Western Avenue the next day, etc. Maybe they are looking for cars that they can auction to themselves. grin
Re: Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls! by princedant: 12:48am On Aug 20, 2011
Muza asked a question about buying cars from tincan, is it cheaper?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tincan Port Congestion / Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It / Ford Self-driving Cars Are Now Delivering Domino Pizzas Across Miami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.