Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,224 members, 7,780,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? (21979 Views)

I Met A Girl... Just 2mins Later We Were on The Same Byke Together!!! / Can We Guys Physically Tell If A Girl Just Had Sex Recently With Another Guy? / How To Tell When A Girl Just Had Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by otokx(m): 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2005
@calarbarman: u try, i have learned a lot from you. It is possible for a guy and a girl to just be friends.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by nddy(m): 5:15am On Aug 23, 2005
can a guy and a gurl just be friends? sure they can who says they cant, why not. Most of you still have syked mentality. why cant? they humans.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by layi(m): 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2005
I have female friends with no ulterior motive.
I had female friends that I don't get to see anymore. We were good then and it didnt end wrongly.
I've also been friendly with a girl for 18yrs now (from KG days). Very good pals i mean. No hidden agenda.

Its very much possible. U both just have to know whatz up?

We are all humans afterall. If its not possible, God wont allow guyz and girls together. He made everything perfect remember? He made room for relationships. But it can be abused. So basically depends on your motives.

Lay your cards down from the onset and u'll be fine.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sade(f): 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2005
I think it depends on the type of person the guy is.You may have a male friend and nothing special will come  out of it though in most cases guys will take it to another level but its now left for you to create a sort of boundary.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by nddy(m): 5:14am On Sep 01, 2005
A girl i hang out with  would be the last person i would date, Coz she would know me too well, know the kind of move i make, How dumb would i be to go out with a friend who knows i don't take relationships serious. I wouldnt. It would make me foolish

reserve your comments
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kamakula: 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2005
just friends - as long as one of you is not single then yes.

typically, if both are single, the longer they spend time together, especially without someone else catching their eyes, the more they will be attracted to each other. It's human nature to seek deeper companionship. Face it, friendship just isn't enough for most people, they want deeper relationships too.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kamakula: 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2005
as far as this - most guys will take it to another level, girls will do it too.

guys are more likely to befriend girls who are interesting to them on a variety of levels. girls can be good friends with you and the only thing that initially drew them was because the guy was smart. for guys, its the girl was smart AND pretty. So you can see how guys can fall into the trap of taking it further a lot easier
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by gina34(f): 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2005
well if u ask me i will say yes.
coz i have many b/f not lovers. cool
Right from whem i was in secondary school
i have few female friends till date. grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by icingbaby(f): 12:11am On Oct 31, 2005
most of my friends are guy's and it's just friends, so a guy and a girl can just be just friend.
there is nothing wrong with that smiley
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by nana(f): 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2005
yes
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by whiteshark(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2005
Dangerous but possible
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Emil2y(f): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2005
Interesting question... undecided and complex answer... it´s hard to really be sure. I´ve seen guys and girls who are really good friends only, I´ve got a couple of good guy friends myself. But then there are still others whose friendships develop into something else over time. I think guys can actually be better friends to girls at times... you can really be yourself around a good guy friend.
I guess guys and girls can be friends... but with caution.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by african(f): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2005
personaly i think that girls and guys can be friends but mustly depending on how long theve know each other.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by whiteshark(m): 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2005
this sort of friendship alweays ends with a comma
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sweetnini(f): 2:20am On Nov 29, 2005
yes,a guy and a girl can be just friends but the guys always wants something more
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by layi(m): 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2005
Thats not true. I have a girl on ma neck now. I met her in a bus, chatted with her and we became friends. Now she's sendin "I love U " text messages.
I've stopped gettin too close to females recently because from past experiences, girls always want to get down wit me once they get to know me. I'm just 24 but u'll hardly know because i live well above that age...guess thats what they see (no ego boostin here o).
I no even kno why i nor fit sit down jeje dey think about my life. Why i go yarn wit am sef! psssssssstttttttt rolleyes
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by nana(f): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2005
cheesy cheesy pele.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sweetnini(f): 12:07am On Dec 02, 2005
hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by nana(f): 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2005
why are u sealing ya lips?
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by gina34(f): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2005
@Layi rolleyes rolleyes *u suprise me*
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by layi(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2005
HOW?
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by gina34(f): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2005
U are asking me how abi lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by layi(m): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2005
No..I am asking nagi43 rolleyes
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by sweetnini(f): 8:37am On Dec 09, 2005
nana:

why are u sealing ya lips?

cos there is nothing i can say.the story confused mi
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by dagaro(m): 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2005
Every relationship begins with friendship, but to a certain level, they say body nobi fire wood.
U can be friends but don't push her/him to the elastic limit.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by chrisd(m): 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2005
Can be like that if she is ugly.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by akeemagali(m): 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2005

I take great pleasure in talking to sound minds (matured minds), but If I talk too much to a lady (single or married), I end up telling her I like her and from there, things start to happen if she likes me too!! The bottom line is that: getting  close to a member of the opposite sex can lead to temptations.
My opinion: It is not easy to maintain a "just friends" relationship with a member of the opposite sex!!! If you like yourselves, there exists an emotional breakover.....
lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by chrisd(m): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2005
Of course they can. In your dreams. grin grin grin
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by alheri(f): 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2005
Yes a guy and a gal can be JUST friends. I have a male friend who Ive known since 96, he is basically my best friend. I met my husband through him and we are now all friends. I love him like i do my brothers. When i talk of family, he is on my list. Nothing sexual/intimate has ever happened between us. Infact he was my friends boyfriend in school before we graduated and she left him and got married to some one else.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by kechy(f): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2006
Most guys tend to misunderstand when you just want to stay friends.
They always want something more.

I have some male friends that are still around as 'friends' and my secret in keeping them that way is by pretending I don't understand what they mean when they start talking and acting funny.
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by Goca: 10:42pm On Jan 07, 2006
Ok i believe guys and girls can be just friends but its the hardest thing in the world, harder than say eating raw jellyfish? Ok maybe not but its hard.

Guys and girls can be friends unless, somewhere in the friendship the guy starts liking the girl more and stops seeing her as a person but as a girl and she wil lautomatically become beautifull even if shes ugly but only to him...

Guys see all girls as potential mates some way or a nother, I liked my friend a lot untill i found out she had a boyfriend and then i got over it not totally i still whished sometimes that she was single, when she broke up i started liking her again... except girls that he has dated and then become friends with, but even then they are somewhat potential mates.

guys think with their animal part of the brain (unconcious) which is connected to their ked to their penis, which in turn controls the heart which in turn tells the normal brain (oncious) what it wants, as the unconcious and concious mind dont seem to comunicate directly?!! (dunno y some primorial argument theyre still having or something? hey penis tell the heart to tell the concious one that he is an ass! hey heart tell the penis to tell the unconcious one that it is totally impossible for a brain to be an ass!!!)

So even if a girl tells a guy she just wants to be friends every friendly behavour from her will be turned into him precieving it as if she likes him!!!

I mean (and every guy thinks the same) hey my cousin is really hot but if she wasnt related to me id sleep with her... I mean shes a girl comeon, but shes also related to me so thats kind of a mental barrier, so thats good!!! phew, otherwise it would be euuw....lol
Re: Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? by DaSaint2(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2006
Of course a Guy can be just friends with a girl, but you must understand something. Out here what crawls in every guys head is just SEX! If another guy say a friend sees you with a particular girl for too long a time, he starts to think that you've done it with the girl. And it takes a whole lot of time to make that friend of yours to understand that there is nothing between you two.

There are most things you cannot discuss with your guys, say on topics relating to matters of the heart, but with a girl it is much easier and she can give you helpful hints on how to go about making a fellow girl feel happy, but with a guy it is just one way, Screw her or let her go.

Having a girl for a friend is much easier and helpful, for me I relate more with girls than with guys. With guys all we ever talk about is just football, politics and the Almighty SEX. With girls, you get to explore the mind and heart. And there girls out there that can discuss spirts as much as guys can, so it is all in the mind, for me, hanging out with girls is much fun, but still I've got to hang with the guys for the all time beer fun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Too Dependent Advice Needed / Reason Why Ladies Hate Each Other / List Of Ashawo Joint In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.