Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age (13645 Views)

REVEALED!! South Africa Still Has Nuclear Weapons! / Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans / Is Africa Still A Colony Of Europe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by nolongTing: 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2011
redsun:

Let me help.Hey teddy boy,they are oyinbos(europeans from europe)

naw man! you spoilt it lets keep him dumb! grin
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by nolongTing: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2011
Hertsnite:

you make me lol the jews were from Africa, what next? the Chinese are from the congo? lmao The irish are from Benin? lol

ok pinky, say thanks to @redsun he is educating your lazy a.sz for free now do not help this boy! This is a question for Herty only:

why are the Israelis called Jews? grin grin grin
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by redsun(m): 10:29pm On Aug 14, 2011
nolongTing:

naw man! you spoilt it lets keep him dumb!  grin

It is good for them to learn quick,maybe he could be salvaged before he gets to the age of david stasky or whatever he is called,a point of no return
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by havoc37(m): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2011
I somewhat agree with the OP, but I'm not sure that justified colonization of Africa,

1 Like

Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by logic101: 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2011
havoc37:

I somewhat agree with the OP, but I'm not sure that justified colonization of Africa,
what points do you agree with him on
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Beaf: 12:01am On Aug 15, 2011
havoc37:

When the white man came, they were so awed by our civilisation that jealousy led them to kill, steal and destroy. No white man had ever seen cast copper until they came to Africa. Thats why they stole everything they could lift.
The only thing they had and we lacked, was the gun.

The artifacts below are stolen and currently decorate European meusums. One day in the near future, very heavy compensation will be paid:

[size=14pt]A bunch of murdering louts, thieves, scoundrels and rap'ists[/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/493176_thumb_jpg233d32ad129990d4c583c6db55ea5e17

1 Like

Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by morpheus24: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2011
Hertsnite:

ancient Egyptians were not black

Told you it was only a matter of time before you started spewing the same Poo. as your brothers on stormfront. This topic has been whiplashed a hundred and one million times on Egyptforums so please if you want to battle go there and see how they skin you alive.

As for your ancestors aka (Nordic sun deprived pale faced cave men), most of your advancement was dependent on environmental factors and stolen technologies from ancient worlds including Supra-saharan Africa and West Asia.

Your uninformed implications on your skin tone, hair textures, limb proportions or the differences in your features in comparison to so called "black" people do not factor into anything that has to do with your learned abilities to retain and exploit an accumulated "generational" acquirement of exponential knowledge bases necessitated byr the need for survival of the fittest tests your ancestors faced up there in the alps of northern Europe.

In retrospect, The SAHARA continued to be an extremely formidible barrier during the early years of technological transfers in the ancient worldand people of Sub saharan regions were mostly excluded from this early transfers excluding of course most nubians, Ethiopians and parts of ancient berber north Africa.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ABILITIES OF SO CALLED "BLACK PEOPLE" TO RETAIN INFORMATION TRANSFERS YOU M.O.R.O.N!!!

Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by kodewrita(m): 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2011
Hertsnite:

I said sub-saharan black Africa, not Egypt, clearly ancient Egypt was more advanced than Europe at the time. The parts of Africa that did not come into contact with either Arab or European civilization were very much part of a much earlier late hunter-gatherer/very early agricultural societies that existed circa 8,000 years ago and had not changed much since. some African societies incorporated elements of later Iron culture, yet retained stone age aspects and still do today ( such as tribal scarification, voodoo, witchcraft, and animism).

There are disparities in the development of different sub-Saharan African cultures and societies, but by enlarge they had not got far beyond the very early Iron age.

Whatever the case was, the fact of the matter is that nowadays African countries are attempting to create a Western/European style society and aspire to imitate European/Western culture of today.

The very concept and notion of a modern nation-state as opposed to a tribal kingdom or a city-state is a European one. The African nation-states were carved out on a map during the congress of Berlin in 1882 by Western European powers. The concept of a collective national identity is a European one, The judiciary, The modern education system, the transport system, basic sanitation and drainage are all European imports to Africa.

The very concept of being Nigerian was created by Britain as opposed to Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo.

On behalf of the entire world, we say thank You

to the egyptians for inventing writing.

to the babylonians (remember iraq) for inventing libraries, codified legal systems, government-regulated commodity markets.

to the chinese for inventing Paper and the first printing presses(yes, took years for Gutenberg to catch up to the past), artillery weapons, the concept of merit-based civil service exams, paved roads, gunpowder.

to the indians for the number zero and much of our mathematics.

Great and powerful thanks to the arabs for preserving the lessons of science while European savages went through the dark ages. And also inventing algebra, geology(God bless ibn Sina better known to you european primitives as Avicenna), rules of mapping.

to the egyptians(black to the hilt), ethiopians, people of zimbabwe and the mysterious people who built sungbo's eredo (largest man-made
enclosure/moat discovered in 1999 near lagos) for building great monuments never rivalled by any of the germanic/barbarian races who never built anything more permanent than a rotting boat-like log of wood.

Lesson: You guys invented little and generally made the rest of the world miserable. well the old order is back. The two biggest economies in pre-christian times (India and china) are back and racing back to the top.

Your so technology has never really been yours. its simply advanced chinese-arabian-egyptian tech.And now, its ours.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Hertsnite: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2011
@ morpheus24 I am not  a white supremacist, get that out of you're head I do not go on the neo nazi stromfront website , I am not racist.

I'm married to a Jewish women for goodness sake how can I be a white supremacist?
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by morpheus24: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2011
Hertsnite:

@ morpheus24 I am not a white supremacist, get that out of you're head I do not go on the neo nazi stromfront website , I am not racist.

I'm married to a Jewish women for goodness sake how can I be a white supremacist?

Well you sure do quack like one and the repetitious dribble you are posting on here has been recycled on those websites for years so nothing you are spewing here is new to many of us.

Please make valid constructive arguements that drive home reasonable points. I have responded to your query about why African cultures were left behind during information and technological transfers through history and how these same technologies became available to your original barbarian ancestors up there in the alps.

My response can be deemed as a valid arguement in terms of why such "cultures" are deemed as "left behind" and backward. I can accept this fact and understand fully its implications.

I am still unable to really understand what your argument is. You do however come off like a resentful little brat who has been indoctrinated into certain viewpoints without examining all the information, root causes and objectivity of these subject matters you are on about.

PS. Your wife being Jewish has nothing to do with the inability for you to be prejudice towards groups you have grievances with.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by cap28: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
logic101:

cap your my kind of man you know your history , `Have you read frantz fanons wretched of the earth

i have indeed, he's one of my favourite authors, i read it a while ago and i think i'll read it again, i have one of his other works - black skin, white masks which is equally good, but the wretched of the earth is a masterpiece.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by cdoffx(m): 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2011
I think it waste of time educating the thread starter,looking through all is post in this thread a fool knows he's suffering from inferiority complex. sorry whitie indeed
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Hertsnite: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2011
oyinobo
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by morpheus24: 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hertsnite:

oyinobo

its Oyinbo you dimwitt
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Beaf: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2011
morpheus24:

its Oyinbo you dimwitt

Maybe he was just meant to call himself a bonobo. He certainly reasons like one.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Hertsnite: 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2011
bonobo
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by MandingoII(m): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2011
BUKKRA

cracka

devil

heathen

vile maggots

but more importantly than anything whites are,

THE WRETCHED OF THE EARTH
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Hertsnite: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2011
Your'e a racist mandigo if it wasn't for us you would be living in mud huts hunting monkeys with spears.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by cdoffx(m): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2011
@Hertsnite
we live in the hurt and hunt monkey with spear yet without green house effect,probably nothing like the cancer widespread,no radioactive contamination for the Japanese,in fact so many woes would have been averted even we would never need your medicine because their would not even be all those diseases our herbs won't cure.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by tpia5: 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
nolongTing:

ok pinky, say thanks to @redsun he is educating your lazy a.sz for free now do not help this boy! This is a question for Herty only:

why are the Israelis called Jews?  grin grin grin

what the f.ok are you doing here now you st.u.pi.d muva f.ok.er? This topic is beyond your basic comprehension level. Now go back to the ROMANCE section and talk about your PINK panties you smelly tranny! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Rossikk(m): 2:05am On Aug 26, 2011
Hertsnite said:

Your'e a racist mandigo if it wasn't for us you would be  living in mud huts hunting monkeys with spears.

If it wasn't for us you'd still be cave-dwelling, illiterate barbarians, wild-haired and bear-skinned like your brutish animal like forbears.

Africans - BLACK Africans - built huge stone monuments, cities, mined minerals, and explored the cosmos thousands of years before there was any 'white' civilization.

These are ruins of ancient Nubian pyramids and Zimbabwean monuments that were designed and erected by blacks at a time when your ancestors were still running around in caves.

Temple ruins of Napata, Kush
[img]http://members.madasafish.com/~cj_whitehound/family/artwork/Napata.jpg[/img]

[img]http://files.reseguiden.se/files/79/rg_717079_m600.jpg[/img]

That's just a sampling of the evidence of ancient black African civilization dotted across the continent which your western media deliberately ignores in order to feed the prejudiced, ignorant garbage you came in here with Hertsnite.

The Splendour of Ancient Benin

A series of walls marked the incremental growth of the sacred city of Benin (in present-day Nigeria) from 850 CE until its decline in the 16th century.

In the 15th century Benin became the greatest city of the empire created by Oba Ewuare. To enclose his palace he commanded the building of Benin's inner wall, a seven mile (11 km) long earthen rampart girded by a moat 50 feet (15 m) deep. This was excavated in the early 1960s by Graham Connah. Connah estimated that its construction, if spread out over five dry seasons, would have required a workforce of 1,000 laborers working ten hours a day seven days a week. Ewuare also added great thoroughfares and erected nine fortified gateways.

Excavations also uncovered a rural network of earthen walls 4 to 8 thousand miles long that would have taken an estimated 150 million man hours to build and must have taken hundreds of years to build. These were apparently razed to mark out territories for towns and cities. Thirteen years after Ewuare's death tales of Benin's splendors lured more Portuguese traders to the city gates. . .

The first English expedition to Benin was in 1553, and significant trading developed between England and Benin based on the export of ivory, palm oil and pepper. Visitors in the 16th and 17th centuries brought back to Europe tales of "the Great Benin", a fabulous city of noble buildings, ruled over by a powerful king. However, the Oba began to suspect Britain of larger colony designs and ceased communications with the British until the British Expedition in 1896-97 which resulted in a weakened Benin Empire.

A 17th century Dutch engraving from Olfert Dapper's Nauwkeurige Beschrijvinge der Afrikaansche Gewesten, published in Amsterdam in 1668 wrote:

The king's palace or court is a square, and is as large as the town of Haarlem and entirely surrounded by a special wall, like that which encircles the town. It is divided into many magnificent palaces, houses, and apartments of the courtiers, and comprises beautiful and long square galleries, about as large as the Exchange at Amsterdam, but one larger than another, resting on wooden pillars, from top to bottom covered with cast copper, on which are engraved the pictures of their war exploits and battles, "

—Olfert Dapper, Nauwkeurige Beschrijvinge der Afrikaansche Gewesten

As you can see Hertsnite, Africans were doing just fine on their own BEFORE you lot appeared.

1 Like

Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2011
leave islam and christianity and revert to the traditional religion of your tribe. no more boko haram and theiving pastors. only The Gods, nature, our strong sense of identity and willpower and finally, the Golden Egg of Progress.

1 Like

Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by 2CatWoman: 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
Hertsnite:

@ morpheus24 I am not  a white supremacist, get that out of you're head I do not go on the neo nazi stromfront website , I am not racist.

If you are not racist then why start an irrelevant thread such as this one?? I'm dying to know.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
^^^^^yes. u white fellas destroyed our lives. we prefered the stone-Age to wat you did to us. angry angry angry angry
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by MandingoII(m): 4:12am On Aug 29, 2011
i will go to my grave detesting white people for the sh, it they put people of color through.

When you hear people call white people THE DEVIL, they mean the Devilish behavior they constantly do.

slavery
colonialism
theft of gold. diamonds. oil
stock market crashes
billionaires hording money
countries lying on other countries to STEAL their resourses
genocide
jim crow
systemic racism
and
DISEASES THEY UNLEASH ON THE UNSUSPECTING POOR PEOPLE OF COLOR

I CAN GO on and on about these Disgusting people,

so I choose not to socialize with them, I dont like people like this.

white people = bogus entitled scum of the earth
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Amhatu(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
The pic at the bottom is a description on a wall in Seti's tomb clearly defining who is a Kemetan(AFRICAN).
There are also other depictions on various  Papyrus. 

Other Notes :

[list]
[li]When the Ptolemies,Greeks and Romans came  Kemet was already ancient to these Europeans.[/li]

[li]Egypt & Pharaoh are Greek names, hence they called the land Egypt and their king Pharaoh.[/li]

[li]The Real name of a King in KEMET(KMT) is called 'The NA' (translated into English as closely as possible).[/li]
[/list]

@Rossikk
Thanks for sharing your info.
on posting:
« #52 on: August 26, 2011, 02:05 AM »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note :

I had a website describing Ancient Africa but unfortunatelyy hosting providers went untrustworthy.
Hopfully soon i will be back up and provide a link to the site(s) when done.

Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by BakariNeferu(m): 5:41am On Aug 27, 2012
Hertsnite: Without colonialism Africa would still be in the stone age/iron age hunting with spears and living in mud huts.

During the Middle Ages West Africa was wealthier than Europe. Central and southern Africa developed highly sophisticated political systems in the societies of Kongo, Luango, Luba, Lunda, Mutapa, and Zimbabwe.

Without colonialism, Africans would have thrived.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by BakariNeferu(m): 5:59am On Aug 27, 2012
Hertsnite: The people who built stone henge in England 5,000 years ago in the bronze age were more advanced than most of Sub-sahran Africa before 1882.

In the early centuries of the common era, Europe was still mostly tribal, whereas the Nok culture was on the decline after having experience over a millennium of high civilization. At this time, Tekrur was on the verge of incline.

So what are you talking about?

Hertsnite: I very much doubt you would have advanced technologically or socially very far.

West Africa was just as advanced, if not more advanced than most of Europe throughout most of the medieval era. So was Nubia and Ethiopia.

Hertsnite: Africans are hypocrites for moaning about how the white man brought all Africa's ills and woes through colonialism, yet why is it every country in Africa aspires to ape modern Western European society today.

It's the only model some of them think they have, although many of them are turning to China now. In either case, they would be better off following their own African model instead of a Western one, or an Asian one.

Hertsnite: Look at the Australian Aboriginals, they were disconnected from the rest of human civilization for 40,000 years and they were still in the stone age 200 years ago when the white man came along.

If Europeans were never influenced by Middle Easterners and Africans, they would be too.

Hertsnite: The parts of Africa untouched by Arab or European civilization were not dissimilar to the very late stone age in Europe.

Explain how the Kongo/Luango Kingdoms, Yoruba Kingdoms, and the Shona Kingdoms were "not dissimilar to the very late stone age in Europe."
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Kanoro: 4:29am On Apr 17, 2013
Hertsnite: Without colonialism Africa would still be in the stone age/iron age hunting with spears and living in mud huts.

Are you kidding me? Africans have been forging iron and steel weapons longer than Europeans have. The oldest steel found in history was made by the Haya people of Tanzania. The people of the Baganda Kingdom were making steel in a manner so sophisticated that Europeans could not even emulate it until the 19th century. Africans as a whole were well out of the stone age before they even knew white men existed. The Nubian Kingdom was alive and well before Egypt and while Europe with the exception of the Greeks and Romans were living in wooden/mud huts and full of nomadic barbarians. Do your research before insulting the culture of an entire continent.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by Rossikk(m): 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
cap28: without colonialism britain would have been a third world cesspit, you seem to have forgotten how your country men were living as recently as the 1930s, remember this was before Lord Beveridge introduced the national health service and the social welfare safety net which has prevented so many of your people from ending up as beggars, pros.titutes and thiefs.  You should try reading "down and out in london and paris" - a book written by one of your authors - george orwell.  In that book he described how the vast majority of men and women  in your country were tramps and destitutes who were forced to wander up and down the country in rags pleading and begging for work and pieces of bread - in order to get something to eat they had to go to what is known as a work house which was like a prison, they were kept overnight in these work houses in dirty, freezing cold rooms and then fed with a piece of bread and some soup after which they were rounded up and taken out to work in the fields as labourers, the women were given other menial jobs to do like cleaning and washing of clothes.  This is why so many of your country men took the opportunity given to them by the british govt to run away to australia, new zealand and south africa where they ended up murdering or oppressing the indigenous people  and stealing their land and natural  resources.

The natural resources stolen from other nations of the world  is what has made britain one of the richest countries in the world - britain does not have an abundance of natural resources and prior to colonialism was overpopulated, poverty and desperation is what made your ancestors decide to explore beyond your wretched country, it was nothing to do with a sense of adventure it was pure desperation, you literally were dying of starvation in your country.  Even when your explorers brought back wealth it did not trickle down to the poor instead only the aristocrats enjoyed the wealth, your ruling class treated the lower social classes like garbage and still do till today.

The ruling elite did not want a revolution in britain (like the one that happened in france and russia) and thats why they compromised by creating the welfare state, they were and still are afraid of the working class who make up 80% of the population in britain.  Britain is one of the most unequal countries in the world, in britain the class you were born into is usually the one you end up dying in - social mobility is very limited and now that cameron and his fellow old etonians have made education beyond the reach of the poor by increasing university fees, the gap between the rich and the poor will widen at a much faster rate.

So get it right mate, colonialism is what prevented YOU from living the life of a beggar and tramp not the other way around.

Your intelligent response, dripping with knowledge, is highly impressive.
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by RoderickBernao: 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
as this thread proves. blacks are dumb as shit
Re: Without Colonialism Sub-Saharan Africa Still Be In The Stone Age by RoderickBernao: 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2014
you apes cant even build a simple house or manage a simple farm. if we didnt feed you or take care of you pathetic race you would all starve and die of diseases like nature intended for you missing links

so hilarious to see blacks of course blame everyone on whites while they CANT DO ANYTHING FOR THEMSELVES LOLOLOLOLO
keep making up stories and lies though doesnt change how much of you are starving and killing eachother

you like you computer, your internet, your chair, your cellphone...what about your sunglasses or shoes or jeans....hope you all enjoy things whites have created and built that your race couldnt conceive in another million years LOLOLOLOLOLO

your all losers and a joke. keep failing

blacks have an iq of like 70. my iq is 60-66 points higher then you urchins lol
http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Foreign Office Dissociates UK From Gowon’s Alleged Looting / Bees Sting A Man In Texas To Death / Picture Of The Day! Arab Muslim refugee hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.