Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? (7856 Views)

President Has Not Abandoned Projects, Says Abati / Jonathan Hasn’t Approved Sale Of Refineries, Says Abati / GEJ Will Not Declare His Assets On The Pages Of Newspapers, Says Abati (2) (3) (4)

Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5738604-146/too_early_to_judge_jonathan, _says.csp

Too early to judge Jonathan, says Abati

By Ifedayo Adebayo

Although it is too early to start judging the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, there is enough ground to be hopeful of the performance of the administration judging by the calibre of the people in the federal cabinet, presidential spokesperson, Reuben Abati, said on Thursday in Lagos.

Mr Abati, who was inducted as fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Letters, at the University of Lagos main auditorium, also said life at Aso Rock presidential Villa has been fun and full of learning.

“It is not yet 100 days, though it is fashionable for Nigerians to ask what within 100 days government has done this,” Mr Abati said. “To answer this questions directly and to also assuage the fear of the people who say that the momentum has not been generated yet, the truth of the matter is that the government has been working very hard and I will give you an example just in the area of foreign relations, which is also an important arm of the government, considering the strategic importance of Nigeria.

Now in the last one month alone, President Jonathan has played host to the German Chancellor, he has received the British Prime Minister, he attended the independence anniversary of South Sudan, he was in Liberia, a few days ago he also was in Chad and he has also in the last three weeks received representative of Côte d’Ivoire and also from Niger. Now you will see that he has done a lot to hold on to Nigeria’s strategic importance within the region.” He also stated that Mr Jonathan was doing a lot in other parts of governance and towards ensuring stability in the country.

“When people were saying that the cabinet is not in place. Now the cabinet is in place and the ministers are out there and they are working,” he said. “At least I work in that Presidency and I see that President Jonathan is making very serious effort. He is hardworking and he is committed.” Mr Abati also said Nigerians need to see the issue of the single term tenure before the National Assembly as a national issue and not “Jonathan’s affair.” According to him, “Whatever comes out of this will be the decision of the Nigerians.”

Day of honour

The president of the academy, Ben Elugbe, in his address at the event, which marked the 13th convocation and investiture of new fellows, described Nigeria as “a lucky nation, loved by the Almighty.”

According to him, “Those problems that lead to conflagration in other African countries somehow find peaceful, if quasi-resolution here.

“But such resolutions invariably come at an unnecessary and avoidable cost to life and property. There is also the quiet cost that may not always be visible or understood by the public. NAL exists for and is committed to the peace and survival of the country. Therefore we join well-meaning Nigerians in condemning violence.” Another recipient of the NAL honour, a university professor who translated the national anthem and pledge into Yoruba, Adebayo Faleti, described the honour as one his colleagues can never forget in life.

“Today is a very great day for us,” he said. “It is a new direction, a new encomium, a new prestige to whatever we might have achieved in the past. In the future, we might be asked what day of our lives we remembered most, then a day like this is worthy of note.”
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2011
What a pity to see the poo Abati has been reduced to
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Demdem(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2011
I CANT BELIEVE ABATI IS SPILLING OUT ALL THESE FROM HIS MOUTH.
FOR RECORDS, UR MAN HAS BEEN ON THAT SEAT FOR MORE THAN A YR NOW.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
Jonathan has been there for more than a year angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2011
9jaganja:

Jonathan has been there for more than a year angry angry angry angry angry angry

Demdem:

I CANT BELIEVE ABATI IS SPILLING OUT ALL THESE FROM HIS MOUTH.
FOR RECORDS, your MAN HAS BEEN ON THAT SEAT FOR MORE THAN A YR NOW.

Please count from May 29, nothing was done during election period.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Demdem(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2011
blink182:

elections held earlier this year. before then nko? wetin bros dey do?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by philip0906(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2011
blink182:

what da heck?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by enyojo(f): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
HA ha ha ha!!
I laugh in spanish!!

The guy was rewarded for turning Guardian newspapers into a campaign machinery for GEJ
Prior to the Elections Guardian acquired the latest printing technology.
Today the guy is GEJ's mouthpiece and he opens that big mouth to say 'Nigerians, pls don't judge Jonathan yet, its too early'

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by DrummaBoy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2011
"For your informatn
Mr Jona has done a lot in Internatinational rel'
He attended the 4th inauguratn of his friend"
-
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by DrummaBoy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2011
Now we know where he's gettn d idea of a single term 4m
One can surmarize Abati words to "em, em"; lacking nothing 2 say
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by 1025: 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2011
what do u expect to hear from the mumu man? even after 4 yrs, it will still be too early to judge the man hence the need for 6 yrs single term. the only thing that works fast here in nigeria is looting. that will happen without delays.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by okadaman2: 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2011
“Now in the last one month alone, President Jonathan has played host to the German Chancellor, he has[b] received the British Prime Minister,[/b] he attended the independence anniversary of South Sudan, he was in Liberia, a few days ago he also was in Chad and he has also in the last three weeks[b] received representative of Côte d’Ivoire and also from Niger.[/b] Now you will see that he has done a lot to hold on to Nigeria’s strategic importance within the region.”

So? He never reach for am to fly abroad for medical check-up? When is he going to do that one?

I laugh in foreign relations.  grin

Shege! Abati don become Abata  embarassed
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by DisGuy: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
“Now in the last one month alone, President Jonathan has played host to the German Chancellor, he has received the British Prime Minister, he attended the independence anniversary of South Sudan, he was in Liberia, a few days ago he also was in Chad and he has also in the last three weeks received representative of Côte d’Ivoire and also from Niger. Now you will see that he has done a lot to hold on to Nigeria’s strategic importance within the region.” He also stated that Mr Jonathan was doing a lot in other parts of governance and towards ensuring stability in the country.

This Abati must be drunk on Fura De Nunu!!!
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2011
Who was Nigerias president one year ago?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by blacksta(m): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2011
To be surprised is
an understatement
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Pukkah: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
Is there hope that Nigeria will some day, very soon, get out from the crushing problems facing it?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by OmoLisabi(m): 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2011
Abati don kolo
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by OAM4J: 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2011

“Now in the last one month alone, President Jonathan has played host to the German Chancellor, he has received the British Prime Minister, he attended the independence anniversary of South Sudan, he was in Liberia, a few days ago he also was in Chad and he has also in the last three weeks received representative of Côte d’Ivoire and also from Niger. Now you will see that he has done a lot to hold on to Nigeria’s strategic importance within the region.” He also stated that Mr Jonathan was doing a lot in other parts of governance and towards ensuring stability in the country."

Whao! shocked Is this Abati's definition of work in progress? 
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Gbenge77(m): 6:23am On Aug 13, 2011
This is a rather tame attempt by Mr.Abati to launder GEJ'S image. .
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by ojuyobo111: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2011
This man needs to be taken to ARO for mental therapy
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Baawaa(m): 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2011
We should not blame Mr. Reuben Abati,because he has to defend his boss, "For now Jonathan is Abati god"
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Greenpro: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2011
when you are not there you will see while they have failed, but now you are part of it, you are now asking for time.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by jason2010(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2011
Dis Guy:

This Abati must be drunk on Fura De Nunu!!!

My brother, you got me rolling on the floor with this one. What da hell is Fura De Nunu? grin
Although I voted for GEJ, I am beginning to question if Jonathan is wrapped too tight. I am constantly questioning his intellectual capabilities these day. Or is it that he just don't care.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by itsme2(m): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2011
Me think Mr Abati is basically doing his job, he performed 'wonders' criticizin the government, now he is also performing 'wonders' being Uncle Joe's no1 apologist, Mr Abati is just GOOD at wateva he does,
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Ojumiii(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2011
u wan try " GEJ no dey carry last" he carry first for mu mu
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by nkeco: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2011
whats is wrong with you guys?
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by juman(m): 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2011
News on tenure elongation is enveloping everything. We don't see him performing.

Another recipient of the NAL honour, a university professor who translated the national anthem and pledge into Yoruba, Adebayo Faleti, described the honour as one his colleagues can never forget in life.

“Today is a very great day for us,” he said. “It is a new direction, a new encomium, a new prestige to whatever we might have achieved in the past. In the future, we might be asked what day of our lives we remembered most, then a day like this is worthy of note.”

Congrats to Baba Faleti.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 13, 2011
i hardly see anything good of this government (so far) but what do you people expect this abati guy to say? the guy is doing the job he was hired to, and well at that which is to say good things about his oga, make him look good and make as much money as he too can make like all the retards in government.

so you see: mumu = gej, brilliant = abati to cover mumus,
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2011
Appaling piece of media image laundery by Abati.
He wasn't anyone with any kind of credibility as a journalist in the first place,so it isn't surprising he's talking like this.
He was just a glorified noise-maker.The way a supposed "non-intellectual"like Banky-W put him in his place sometime ago tells me he (abati) isn't worth his salt.In that regard,GEJ appointing him isn't a shock,since GEJ is a mediocre himself.The logical thing would be to surround yourself with your ilk.

What progress?
And who is the ninny saying we should start counting from May 29th this year?I feel sorry for your parents who invested in your education.The money spent on you would have been better utilized if it been thrown into the lagoon.
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by babaowo: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2011
If u can beat them? Then JOIN them! But abati in now join them and even over throw them sef. Naija n drama!
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2011
Is there still hope 4 Nigeria? Statement like makes me want to
Re: Too Early To Judge Jonathan: Says Abati - Wtf? by jokingmary(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2011
Ojumiii:

u wan try " GEJ no dey carry last" he carry first for mu mu
Carry that ya K leg commot make I see road undecided

Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School / (PHOTOS) UNBELIEVEABLE Crowd Turn Up For Buhari In Uyo / Abia Pensioners Protest In Umuahia Over Unpaid Pensions.