Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Is The Economy An Illusion? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Economy An Illusion? (1692 Views)

Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy / Has President Jonathan Improved The Economy Or Not? [find Out] (part 1) / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Economy An Illusion? by pleep(m): 1:13am On Aug 13, 2011
Whenever the stock market crashes millions or even trillions of dollars disappear. That is not possible unless the money never really existed in the first place. I don't believe the international economy is real in the sense we understand it. It seems to me like an elaborate scheme to allow people to create money out of nothing. but like all bubbles it will burst eventually.

What is hard to understand is why countries who do not benefit from all this artificial money buy into the system. This so called economy is so messed up that an hours work is litterally worth more in one country than it is in another because of currency exchange rates. This deprives countries of tax revenue and causes them to depend on resource exportation. But why do these countries still buy into this system?

people are selling themselves short for buying into a system, that we really do not understand. what do u guys think?
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by kandiikane(m): 1:36am On Aug 13, 2011
If we did not have the economy I don't think the world would be what it is today. .
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by pleep(m): 1:44am On Aug 13, 2011
^well, naturally  tongue. I'm talking about stuff like unbacked currencies, digitized money etc. . . the fake stuff.
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by NegroNtns(m): 3:15am On Aug 13, 2011
Pleep,

I like your opening to the post and the questions you asked.

First to answer your question in the post I will say we live in a world of illusion, everything we encounter is relative to another thing.

On money and to understand the design of exchange as an instrument of economic power I will give you an illustration.

To show you how cunny the industrialized world is, let us assume that palmolive bar soap is the medium of monetary exchange so that whatever you purchase is exchanged in equitable measure using a standard unit of palmolive bar soap.  

The first thing to do is cause scarcity in the circulation of the soap so that it is not readily available unless in a controled quantity manufactured by govt and bearing the seal of approval. This will make people hoard the bar soap and be less reluctant to use it. It becomes a treasure and those who have it in abundance will have easy access to what they want.

Then the govt now make everyone that want to do business with it transact that business using palmolive bar soap as the authentic virtue or standard upon which promises and debts are settled.

So when I buy a car from you I don't have the total number of bar soaps it cost to echange the car but I can pay you some today and then draw a debt note promising to settle the debt at a later time and at additional cost or fee which to make it easier on my other obligations is agreed to be paid instalmmentaly over a period of time untill paid off.

Then as is usual in every human endeavor, there will be competition.

Another govt may choose not to use palmolive as their exchange money. They may decide on sunlight bar soap.

In order to eliminate competition the dominant of the two countries may use certain political policies, unrelated to economy, to erode the standard base of the rival currency.

Let say sunlight belongs to the dominant country, then to erode the power of palmolive, certain policies are forced on the palmolive country, either by inducing them to manufactre surplus supply of palmolive which will push demand down (instead of hoarding, people will use their palmolive) and thus devalue the worth of the soap relative to the power of sunlight.

Another way is to manufacture counterfeit of palmolive with a pseudo seal to mimick its authentication and then flood the rival's market with it. People who could not before have it in abundance now do , and those who treasured it will loose value on their treasure, therefore in an attempt to quickly get rid of it will start spending. Now, palmolive is available almost everywhere to everyone in abundant quantity and so demand for goods will go up. Market prices will go up. Trade and exchange will grow but at a peril because soon as they earn it, people are getting rid of it and do not want to hold on.

I can go on to further illustrate but I will stop here. You see, this cycle is how the Europeans have succeeded leading other nations to their doom. Nobody has to accept palmolive as the means, I can create my own and independent of palmolive or sunlighT and call it Ajax bar soap. But the dominant powers don't want competition so they will find a way to kill the competing standard.

Here is another illusration.

Let's say oyibo man call you and say you know what Pleep, we spend bottle top as money here. The more of it you have the wealthier you become. So you start collecting bottle tops everwhere you go. Then one day you go to visit him and he tells you he has a land to sell. He doesn't know how much you have in bottle tops but you are interested in the land and ask him how much. Thinking its just out of your curiosity he responded and say, well, its going for 500,000 tops. So you declared your interest to buy the land. Then you both reached agreement to transact business next day.

Next day you counted 500,000tops into the bag and headed to his house. When you arrive you dumped the bags of tops on the table.  Oyibo man will look at you and "sorry chump, but we stopped spending tops last night. We now transact in pebbles. You got pebbles? The land cost 100,000 pebbles if you are still interested."

White men have chained our noses to their western education and are leading us where they want.
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 13, 2011
I haven't wrapped my head around this video but I'm trying! I can only critically analyze, community organizing is my passion and I figured somehow economics is related to my community organizing passion,  Maybe I will study economics when I go back to Nigeria nxt year but for now, I watch insightful videos!!

Note that the US just lower interest rate to all time low which means more people will borrow money and more money will be made!! This video came out long before the debt crisis! 2009!!

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewGMBOB4Gg[/flash]
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by kandiikane(m): 10:49am On Aug 13, 2011
hmm
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2011
kandiikane:

hmm

yea crazy world,
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by pleep(m): 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2011
In order to eliminate competition the dominant of the two countries may use certain political policies, unrelated to economy, to erode the standard base of the rival currency.

Let say sunlight belongs to the dominant country, then to erode the power of palmolive, certain policies are forced on the palmolive country, either by inducing them to manufactre surplus supply of palmolive which will push demand down (instead of hoarding, people will use their palmolive) and thus devalue the worth of the soap relative to the power of sunlight.

Another way is to manufacture counterfeit of palmolive with a pseudo seal to mimick its authentication and then flood the rival's market with it. People who could not before have it in abundance now do , and those who treasured it will loose value on their treasure, therefore in an attempt to quickly get rid of it will start spending. Now, palmolive is available almost everywhere to everyone in abundant quantity and so demand for goods will go up. Market prices will go up. Trade and exchange will grow but at a peril because soon as they earn it, people are getting rid of it and do not want to hold on.

I can go on to further illustrate but I will stop here. You see, this cycle is how the Europeans have succeeded leading other nations to their doom. Nobody has to accept palmolive as the means, I can create my own and independent of palmolive or sunlighT and call it Ajax bar soap. But the dominant powers don't want competition so they will find a way to kill the competing standard.
@ negro nations excellent post, very informative. let me ask you though do you think that developed countries are physically devaluing the currencies of the 3rd world, by flooding the market, counterfeiting etc? Because from my understanding they don't even have to. Most of the francophone African countries & hati voluntarily still have their money, the CFC Franc, printed in France and they allow France to keep its value pegged lower than the euro.
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by pleep(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2011
9jaganja:

I haven't wrapped my head around this video but I'm trying! I can only critically analyze, community organizing is my passion and I figured somehow economics is related to my community organizing passion,  Maybe I will study economics when I go back to Nigeria nxt year but for now, I watch insightful videos!!

Note that the US just lower interest rate to all time low which means more people will borrow money and more money will be made!! This video came out long before the debt crisis! 2009!!

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EewGMBOB4Gg[/flash]

ill watch your video now.
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 13, 2011
pleep:

ill watch your video now.

You'll be shocked!! It's two hrs long but you will love every minute of it, Note that the same thing they talked about is happening now!
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by Sunofgod(m): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2011
pleep:

Whenever the stock market crashes millions or even trillions of dollars disappear. That is not possible unless the money never really existed in the first place. I don't believe the international economy is real in the sense we understand it. It seems to me like an elaborate scheme to allow people to create money out of nothing. but like all bubbles it will burst eventually.

What is hard to understand is why countries who do not benefit from all this artificial money buy into the system. This so called economy is so messed up that an hours work is litterally worth more in one country than it is in another because of currency exchange rates. This deprives countries of tax revenue and causes them to depend on resource exportation. But why do these countries still buy into this system?

people are selling themselves short for buying into a system, that we really do not understand. what do u guys think?

Seems your not up to date son . . . .

Research this 'Dude' - Gerald Celente

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57WbcSpyZBk&feature=feedu[/flash]
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by kandiikane(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by buzugee(m): 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2011
an illusion ? it aint. a pyramid scheme it is. stock exchanges are basically a legalized pyramid scheme. see the global economy is an amalgamation of pyramid schemes and bullying.
1 bullying, strong arming weaker nations into unfair trade and currency devaluation
2, pyramid scheme, everybody paying into the stock market and then the guys on top take all the money and then look for more investors. the more investors you get, the more the guys on top get. then when the investors dwindle, the market crashes.

the first one is how to steal from foreigners
the second one is how to steal from fellow country men

who is doing all the stealing ?

the rich 1 percent (mostly jewish descent illuminati types like rotschilds and rockefellers etc )

how do they pull this huge scam off ? they own all the media houses. they control what you see and hear. they control your mind subliminally. BRILLIANT STUFF MATE.
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by NegroNtns(m): 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2011
Pleep,

CFC franc is not a competition. So no change in their case.

On physical devaluation, as I said there are many ways to do it - money laundering, smuggling, stock buy-up, etc.
Re: Is The Economy An Illusion? by tpiadotcom: 3:49am On Apr 21, 2015
9jaganja:
community organizing is my passion

community organizing is the in thing nowadays.

lots of money there.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers / Nigeria Alone Could Provide The Power Needs Of All West Africa. / Aregbesola Causes Uproar •attacks Obj, Mimiko At Afenifere Meeting In Lagos •say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.