Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu (14315 Views)

2023: Change Shettima, Lalong Before Sept 20, Northern Stakeholders Tell APC / 774,000 Recruitment: Keyamo Threatens To Resign If Politicians Hijack Process / APC Can’t Win Kogi With Bello As Candidate, Party Stakeholders Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by bennybuhari: 6:04am On Sep 23, 2022
…He Should Be Asked To Step Aside Until After Elections — Babatope

…I Won’t Leave PDP For Anybody, Governor Wike Vows

More stakeholders in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Thursday called on Iyorchia Ayu, embattled chairman of the party, to resign from his position if he truly loves the party and wants its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, to emerge winner in the 2023 general elections.

This followed the resolution of the group led by Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, not to participate in the Presidential Campaign Council of Atiku Abubakar, except Ayu steps down. The resolution of the Wike group to pull out of Atiku’s campaign was taken at a meeting held in Wike’s country home in Obio-Akpor on Wednesday night.

The group accused Ayu of compromising the May 28 and 29 presidential primary of the party through his conduct and reneging on his promise to resign if the party’s presidential candidate comes from the North. Prominent members of the group, including founding members of the party, governors, former ministers and other leaders of the party made their stance known in a resolution read by a former Deputy National Chairman of the party, Chief Olabode George.

Speaking with Daily Independent on Thursday, a former minister from the Northern part of the country who is also a member of the PDP’s Board of Trustees said about 70 percent of the leaders of the party want Ayu to step down.

According to him, aside failing to manage the post-convention crisis in the party well, Ayu is responsible for the multiple crises in 12 states which include Edo, Ebonyi, Lagos, Kano, Delta, Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ekiti, Imo, Akwa Ibom and Rivers. He said there is no way the PDP as an opposition party will win against APC if the likes of Wike, Makinde and others pull out of the campaign.

“At this juncture, I think the best thing for Ayu to do is to do the honourable thing by stepping down. We can’t continue this wrangling and stalemate with just five days to the lifting of ban by INEC. From Ayu’s action and utterances, he doesn’t have the interest of the party at heart. Here is a man who granted an interview on national television saying he is ready to make sacrifices and resign if the presidential candidate comes from the North. Now Atiku has emerged and you refused to do so even when those who made it possible for you to become chairman are asking you to step down”.

Also speaking, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport and PDP chieftain, said rather than resign, Ayu should step aside until the conclusion of the 2023 general elections and another chairman assume his position in acting capacity. Babatope. who admitted that the party is currently not properly structured in terms of positions held, said after the elections, Ayu can then be asked to resume his position.

I believe all those who have spoken on this matter have good points, especially my friend Olabode George. He is arguing in favour of the proper structuring of the federation where every interest is represented. Rather than harm the PDP that has been looking for victory for a long time, we could ask Ayu to step aside not to resign. Whatever the outcome of the election, he comes back to take his position again. That is what I can say.

“I cannot fault my friend of 55 years, Bode George. He wants the best for this party and wants all regions to get proper representation in the PDP. He knows what he is talking about and he is concerned about the unity of Nigeria".

"If Ayu can step aside and then we can then step aside our constitution to ensure that whoever comes in now is going to be there until we finish the general elections and then Ayu continues as national chairman of PDP”.

I Won’t Leave PDP For Anybody, Wike Vows

Meanwhile, barely 24 hours after his team announced a boycott of the presidential campaign of his party, Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, has vowed that he will not leave the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for whatever cause and for anybody.

The governor stated that he was rather interested in preserving the sanity of the party and will stay back to fight for the enthronement of unity, inclusivity, equity and peace in the PDP. Governor Wike made the
declaration at the Rivers State PDP stakeholders’ meeting at Government House, Port Harcourt, on Thursday.

The governor said he is a man of character, unlike those who cannot keep their words and walked out of the party at the Eagle Square in Abuja in 2014. “One thing I have always told people is if anybody is thinking, doing anything to think that we will leave PDP, foul. We will do the fight in the party. We are not like them, when in 2014 they walked out from Eagle Square. They’ve forgotten. They walked out and joined APC. Is it not correct?

“Did they remain to fight inside the party? But we remained, they ran away. Now, there is a fight in the party, we will not run. We will fight it in this party. Those who run away from fight are weak people. We will not. So everybody should know this is the state where we are. So that nobody tells you all kind of stories.”
https://independent.ng/pdp-crisis-resign-if-you-truly-love-atiku-stakeholders-tell-ayu/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by xahagony: 6:10am On Sep 23, 2022
He should listen to them

Lets help build your responsive and secured websites, android, iOS mobile applications and progressive web apps. Plus 24/7 dev support.

+234 817 440 0935

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by nero2face: 6:11am On Sep 23, 2022
Wike giving Atiku camp back to back

Modified: truth is, whether Atiku like it or not, Wike has come to become a force to be reckoned with in PDP, if Atiku fail to play safe with Wike camp I assure him far 3rd position come Feb 2023

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by hisexcellency34: 6:23am On Sep 23, 2022
The man Truly loves his pockets and dollars. He won't Resign unless pushed out like Secondus

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by Marvieduke(f): 6:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Is just like putting honey in my mouth and you are telling me to spit it out. The man won't resign jooor.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by Houseofglam7(f): 6:30am On Sep 23, 2022
undecided
Distraction tactics

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by alizma: 6:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Ok
Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by tobenuel(m): 6:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Ok
Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by SenatePresdo(m): 6:31am On Sep 23, 2022
The governor said he is a man of character, unlike those who cannot keep their words and walked out of the party at the Eagle Square in Abuja in 2014. “One thing I have always told people is if anybody is thinking, doing anything to think that we will leave PDP, foul. We will do the fight in the party.

Amoda ogunlere Dimwits in the mud grin

I thought they said Wike would work for Tinubu?

Tinubu will not get 25 percent in any SE/SS state.
Take it to the bank

31 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by NyscReport: 6:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Are interested in NYSC Direct Posting for Batch C?

>>> CLICK HERE TO WHATSAPP ME <<<
or call the number on the image below

PS: You only release payment after confirming successful posting.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by seeker121(m): 6:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Ayu should ask Secondus how it goes.Wike is an emperor in PDP,they will rather do his bidding than retaining Ayu as chairman.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by akinmusi(m): 6:31am On Sep 23, 2022
This matter has been protracted for too long.
This internal wrangling should be resolved as a matter of priority and for the utmost sincerity of love of Nigeria at heart.

When two elephants fight it's the grass that suffer more. To fight personal enemies or battle, the state's resources are always deployed to quash and quench the fire that was stoked by selffish and personal ambition and yet at the mercy of the masses.

By the way,
We sell and buy automobiles, offer support and advisory services to make informed buying decisions.

If you have any used cars for sale or referrals, please contact us.

We market cars nationwide, free of charge.

Motudun NG

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by Lovenorth: 6:31am On Sep 23, 2022
It's always sweet to be watching Nigerian politics as a neutral entity grin.

14 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by nairalee(m): 6:32am On Sep 23, 2022
I'm not pro Atiku but it makes no sense that a whole party is in turmoil just because ONE man lost the primary.

Pdp is not ready for 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by tishbite42: 6:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Wike and his Grammy Award-winning band are preparing a gangster rap/highlife album for Atiku and Ayu

29 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by fasho01(m): 6:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Resignation is alien to Nigerian politicians

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by tammyf: 6:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Wike giving dem wotowoto..lolz

3 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by MMWandali: 6:34am On Sep 23, 2022
I see Ayu as the problem not Wike

A promise made should be kept

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by crossfm: 6:34am On Sep 23, 2022
Ayu should go.

Atiku should go and read The 48 Law's Of Power.

This is Atiku's last shot at the presidency and he should not let pride destroy it.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by pstemma1990: 6:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Politics na very surprising game oo, A Northerner is rounding up his 8th year in the office, another Northerner (Atiku) is planning to take over..

The party chairman is a Northerner, for fairness sake, why can't Ayu step down for a southerner, especially now that the presidential ticket is in the North..

If they can't give the southerners this post b4 the election, is it after election they'll give to them?.

The earlier the southerner come together as one, the better for us.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by Dididrumz(m): 6:36am On Sep 23, 2022
Wike is a boss

13 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by Allison012: 6:37am On Sep 23, 2022
Atiku and Ayu thinks they are stubborn. Wicked wike showing them pepper.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by Opintiwa: 6:37am On Sep 23, 2022
Them don dey talk true

Phahahaha.

No wait make Wike use una ear fry yam

11 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by seanfer(m): 6:41am On Sep 23, 2022
nairalee:
I'm not pro Atiku but it makes no sense that a whole party is in turmoil just because ONE man lost the primary.

Pdp is not ready for 2023

It makes no sense that A party chairman and Presidential candidate are from the same part of the country. Wike is fighting for equity.
Ayu said it on national TV that he will resign if a northerner becomes the party candidate.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by underpinna: 6:43am On Sep 23, 2022
Strong head no dey good sometimes.
Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by Boyooosa(m): 6:43am On Sep 23, 2022
Better

But wait o, who are the stakeholders sef, their nec voted for him confidently, so who are these stakeholders again...confused people everywhere

Where stakeholders dey when the gunrun dey misbehave, you guys are at the edge of losing to APC or LP again.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by ichidodo: 6:44am On Sep 23, 2022
Ayu should step aside and let peace reign at the moment...If Tambuwal can step aside for Atiku to triumph in the primaries.Why can't Atiku lean on Ayu to GTFO? afterall it is still for his very own interest too....well, it has to do with overconfidence, Atiku believes he can get to Aso rock by all himself.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by OVB123: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2022
Ayu can not eat his cake and have it. He should step down for a southerner.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu by gbemishile: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2022
Na that kain crises i want till 2023.
Jagaban is coming

2 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Air: APC Chieftain Tasks EFCC To Probe Ex-aviation Minister, Others / Tinubu Not Well Prepared For Challenges Confronting Nigeria, Says Osuntokun / Breaking News! Rilwan Lukman, Petroleum Minister Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.