Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,392 members, 7,781,125 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:25 AM

Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike (35475 Views)

Mbaka Asked Buhari For Contracts, Was Rebuffed, There Are Pictures - Garba Shehu / Appeal Court Sacks Abubakar Tambuwal, Aliyu Shehu / Tribunal: Ganduje, Abba, Tambuwal, Aliyu Know Fate Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Kwanza: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2022
Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike has recalled how the Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar and a former Senate President, Saraki rebuffed former President Goodluck Jonathan’s pleas to rescind their decision of leaving the party in 2014.

Wike said the Sokoto Governor, Aminu Tanbuwal was among those, who humiliated Jonathan after the 2014 convention as they insisted that it was the turn of the north.

He said the party’s constitution contained provisions for zoning of elective and party positions but lamented that some people were doing everything within their powers to manipulate the system.

He said: “There shall be zoning of party and elective offices. It is clear. Not ambiguous. But people will always try to manipulate the system to suit them.

“They slant stories in such a way as to deceive the public. The founding fathers know the complexity of this country. They did it in a such a way as not to have problems.

People should not forget history. In 2013 and 2014, there was an issue of the presidential candidate. Jonathan emerged. Atiku and others walked out of the convention. Tambuwal and former Senate President all worked out.

“Jonathan did everything to talk to them. But they rebuffed him as a sitting President. President travelled to London to see Atiku, but he rebuffed him. Former Governor Babangida Aliyu admitted that they all agreed to work against Jonathan”

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-atiku-saraki-tambuwal-aliyu-others-rebuffed-jonathans-pleas-in-2014-wike/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1663926623

197 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Kwanza: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2022
“Tambuwal was allowed to come back and address the convention the second time which is not right. He did not only say he has withdrawn but that all his supporters should vote for Atiku. If not that because of our love for the party, everything would have scattered that night but we don’t want our opponents to think that we are not serious. And then Ayu went to Tambuwal’s house and called him hero for stepping down for Atiku.”

“A whole party chairman was calling governors that if Wike wins, he will resign. Bala Moh’d was there. Tambuwal was there. This is a national chairman that was supposed to be the umpire. Some retired generals were involved. Meetings upon meetings. That was why we started the convention late.”

“I didn’t contest so I can become a vice presidential candidate, I am not like others who were not serious and bought senatorial form alongside presidential form and that’s why when Tinubu offered me senate slot, I didn’t go for it.’’

- Nyesom Wike

329 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
Wike is politically killing himself but he’s doing the lord’s work for big daddy Tinubu �

50 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2022
Cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by masinga07(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2022
And so what? This guy should just shut up and let us hear word.

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Naughtysex: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2022
Atiku is reaping what he sow during 2014 general election

366 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Kwanza: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2022
Some people believe they are clever. Zone only party offices and not elective offices. That’s why we are having this problem now.

In 2018, we sat down and decided that our presidential ticket shook go to the North and that was why only Northerners contested but now, some people who think they own the party, founding fathers said there won’t be zoning, let the ’best’ candidate emerge. They jettisoned our party’s constitution. But I told them that this thing will cause crisis.

“I told the chairman that we are opposition party, not the ruling party. Therefore, we must do the convention right and fair so that we will not have this kind of situation that we can not resolve but nothing was not done to make sure that Wike die not win. They manipulated and manipulated.”

Nobody forced Ayu to say that if a person from North wins the party’s presidential ticket, he will resign. He said it by himself because he knows that that is the norm. That is how we do in PDP. Now he is attacking Wike.

“Apart from all that, Ayu is very, very corrupt. Let him come and tell me that he did not collect N1bn from Lagos. I challenge him to come and tell me if he didn’t collect it.”

You jettisoned our constitution at the presidential primaries on zoning but now referring to the same constitution over Ayu?

“If they say that the chairman should not resign to allow peace to reign, let him stay.”

“If in his conscience, Tambuwal thinks that what he did was right, it is okay but if he thinks otherwise, then let him do what’s he should do. I have moved on.”

Press: Your party constitution says that if an officer resigns another person from his zone will take over to complete his term. So, your excellency, if Ayu resigns another person from North will take over.

Wike: Look, if you catch a thief, he will say it’s because he has no money. Another thief will say he is jobless. There’s an excuse for every crime. So did the chairman not know the constitution before he said that he’ll resign if a Northerner wins our ticket. Where is the place of expediency?

“Who is Wike? You can do without me. It’s true but you can not do without me in Rivers state. You can not.”

“Since 1999, PDP has not won Yobe state yet they go about saying they will sanction me. How does a person who brought nothing to the table since 1999 sanction one whose state has been giving PDP votes?”

- Nyesom Wike

220 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by pinkPUSSY(f): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2022
Rozross:
Wike is politically killing himself but he’s doing the lord’s work for big daddy Tinubu

Yes Rivers will vote Tinubu and his APC Muslim- Muslim ticket

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 11:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Senator Ayu should do the Needful so the umbrella will not scatter, campaign will start next week.

pinkPUSSY:

Yes Rivers will vote Tinubu and his APC Muslim- Muslim ticket

9 Likes

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Kwanza: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2022
“Look at APC where all the governors said that we are one and we must ensure that the party’s ticket goes to the South and that’s what they did.”

“When we are not obeying our party constitution, why are we telling Nigerians that we will practise rule of law if we get to office?”

“I know those who are saying that PDP can win without Rivers vote, some of them can not win their unit. Some of them are in Edo. Buhari won without Rivers but did he not have Lagos and Kano? Does Atiku have Lagos or Kano and he should do away with Rivers too?”

Press: But some said that it is you that is angry not the people of Rivers and that they can vote for PDP.

Wike: Let us wait till then.

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by FreeStuffsNG: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2022
Kwanza:
“Look at APC where all the governors said that we are one and we must ensure that the party’s ticket goes to the South and that’s what they did.”

“When we are not obeying our party constitution, why are we telling Nigerians that we will practise rule of law if we get to office?”

- Nyesom Wike

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Laggafin: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2022
God is using Wike to deconstruct the PDP.. you can't give out injustice and reap justice.. No way.. the hen has finally come back home to roost and hunt all backstabbers cool

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Ruggedniggaone: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2022
Thats call politics. wike should stop crying it was a contest between many people and he lost wike suppose to have asked bukola saraki to step down for him and he If he agrees and work for him I dont think Atiku will be crying all over the place like this crying baby.wike problems is that he think he is that powerful and he is in total control of the party and everybody in the party because they allow him to be appointing and firing chairman wike should be man enough and leave pdp and stop embarrassing his ancestors all over the place

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Kwanza: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2022
We removed Secondus because we wanted Presidency to come to South – Wike

“in that meeting, it was agreed that whatever it is, President Muhammadu Buhari coming from the North has done eight years and therefore for inclusion the next president should come from the South.

“The next meeting was held in Lagos, where it was started clearly that this is what we must ensure. The final meeting was held in Enugu.

“We now said Secondus as the chairman of the party, you’re already running out your time and therefore you can’t go back because it’s the position of the south that the presidency should come to the south and the president cannot come to the south if you’re the chairman of the party.

“By constitution of the party, this is what is stated. It was not as if it was a personal thing.

“In order to allow our decision in the southern governors forum this has to be done.”

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Kwanza: 11:53am On Sep 23, 2022
We were aware Atiku will pick Okowa - Nyesom Wike

Okowa was the only SS Gov that didn't pick form for any other post: Senate, anything....

“That he (Atiku) was going to run with Okowa. That Okowa supported him. We were all aware. It is not that we didn’t see.

Take for instance the United States of America, (Joe) Biden ran and the current vice president of America, Kamala Harris, gave Biden serious problem.

When they wanted to pick the Vice President, Biden said this woman gave me serious problem, I cannot pick this woman, but those in Biden’s camp, who meant well for him told him,

‘If you want to win this election, you must pick Kamala Harris.’ And look at the support (for Biden) today.

“The problem with some of our leaders is that there are so many rent-seekers around them. They (rent-seekers) have not been in power for years.

So they are all looking for how to bounce back. They are people who have no value to add.”

“Pikin wey say hin mother no go sleep, hin go sleep? PDP know what I will do.”

“Ayu wants to be Secretary to the Government of the Federation. They have shared all the offices.”

- Nyesom Wike

I dare PDP to suspend me - Nyesom Wike

Babajide Otitoju: the PDP is mulling to suspend you from the Party.

Wike: “No problem. Look at the wahala you (PDP) are already carrying. They should go ahead. What do you think is my job here?

My job is not only to do projects oh. I’m not saying I’m bigger than the party but those who ran away from the party cannot suspend me from the party.

“I beg them. Today, today, they should call NEC and say ‘Governor Wike, you are hereby suspended from the party’

Anything you see, you take it. I’m not two-faced. They know what I will do.”

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Jlow2: 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
He refused zoning and agreed it should be thrown open because he saw obi as a threat if zoned to the South, he perfected his plan to clinch the ticket if not the betrayal of tambuwal, wike will lose out either way after 2023 he will become irrelevant, I give it to him for keeping pdp afloat after 2019 election, when even atiku relocated to dubai, wike used rivers resources to keep pdp afloat, it could not have been this bad if he left second us.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Acidosis(m): 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
Naughtysex:
Atiku is reaping what he sow during 2014 general election

Exactly.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by KikBuhari2Daura: 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
Diarrhea of the mouth
Ayu is not going anywhere
Wike is smoking Niger weed

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by crossfm: 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
Hehehe.

Fire for fire.

Ayu must go.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by fredoooooo: 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
;I'm not surprised, oloye otoge sàràkí is a traitor grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by SouthSouth1914: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike the Wicked!! grin

7 Likes

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by ATLIEN2027: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
k
Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
Okay
Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by AsomughaChuks05: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
Nigerians as a whole decided to remove Jonathan from office due to his cluelessness not just those few persons. Wike should let go of that defeat. It pained him but he should get over it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by ogascomax: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2022
I stand with Wike today that Ayu has to go. However people need to realized that Jonathan did the same thing that Atiku is doing now. In 2011 after Yah' Adua's death power was to go to the North but Jonathan seized it and did same in 2014 that he eventually lost the election in 2015 so let us not act as though this is the first time it's happening. The North was cheated then so if the North has insisted that it wasn't zoned and it should be left opened then it is also a fair request. Right now the North has presidential candidate so the chairman has to come from the South for balance.
Ayu must resign.
I stand with PDP and with Wike decision.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by obembet(f): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike is right ...

Some animal still hate sowore tomorrow and praise saraki or dino.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by WhizdomXX(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
The South remembers.

17 Likes

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by ipobarethieves: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
cool WIKE is FEARLESS and BOLD cool

Scatter and pepper dem ALL cool

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by Thisis2raw(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike by AFvckingAlpha(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
I think it’s only fair that the South is represented equally in national affairs.

In saner clines Ayu would have resigned respectfully but the greedy bastard is still holding on.

Ayu and Wike do not see eye to eye but Ayu gave his word it only makes sense for him to go through.

Let the South get the party chairman!

I said what I said

30 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kaduna Presidential Election Result: Buhari Wins - The Nation / Appeal Court Stops Saraki’s Arrest / Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.