Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,747 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap (14551 Views)

I Need To Get My Iom Sputum Test Asap. Please Help. / Passengers In Tears After Escaping An Air Mishap, Today, In PH, Rivers State / Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Ishilove: 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2022
This is just so disgusting embarassed cry

“Wuse Berger! Wuse Berger!! The conductor shouted, as the long coaster bus slowed to a stop.

A few of us standing at the bus stop rushed to board it, eager to get to our destinations on time and avoid the slightly uncomfortable heat of Abuja’s morning sun. We found seats and settled inside, except for one man. He stood by the rusty open door of the bus, hanging on with one hand.

“Oga enter inside,” the conductor snapped, glaring at him.

“I no go fit enter o,” he replied, chuckling.

“I no wan wahala this early morning,” said the driver.
“My conductor don tell you to enter inside. Enter inside or comot for my bus.”

“Make una no vex,” the man said, this time with a jocular laugh. “If una see wetin I chop this morning...beans with two eggs and the food get plenty pepper. The kind mess wey I go soon mess ehhh…make I just stand here, so that when I mess, breeze go carry am dey go.”

We all laughed as he continued to describe his meal in detail. The journey went well as the bus trundled along past Bulet to Finance bridge. I flinched as the driver finished drinking a sachet of water and tossed the empty bag out the window.

A few minutes later, he hawked, coughed in a vio-lent manner, and spat out a generous amount of yellow phlegm. Snatched by the force of the breeze, the phlegm went backwards, entered through the window two seats behind the driver, and splattered on the face of the woman seated there.

She was singing at the time. Some of the phlegm made it inside her mouth.

The scream!

Oh, the screaaaammm she scrummed and scroomed!

Pandemonium erupted as the bus screeched to an abrupt halt. The woman was bleating like a beleaguered goat dragged outside for Christmas slaugh-ter. Men yelled and women screamed without knowing why. My stomach heaved but I swallowed hard, determined not to throw up.

“What’s the matter?”

“Driver what is it?”

“Wetin happen?”

“Conductor, open the door!”

“Madam shift, make I comot. I no wan die.”

The conductor was shoved aside as people rapidly exited the bus. The victim of phlegm was now having a full-blown breakdown. She sobbed and shrieked in turns as she vigorously brushed her face and lips with a patterned blue handkerchief. As if that wasn’t enough, she switched to the shawl around her neck.

I tried to explain what had happened to a fellow passenger but each time I opened my mouth, I saw an image of that hot mucus landing on her lips.

Ptueh!

Some semblance of calm was soon restored as another passenger who’d seen everything, narrated what had happened, to the dismay of everyone and the remorse of the driver. Neither his apology nor the pure water someone gave her to wash up were sufficient to stem the woman’s tears. Someone offered to swap seats with her, so she could sit inside and he, next to the window.

The trip resumed not long after, and we arrived at our destination with no other mishaps.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0aYNz2tthqP5DpFw1HgbFWKUWLes8fx37ox6PZ6JL6pZjAKHCyuQXGVypHpaZecAyl&id=1613901482

*barf* embarassed

Something similar has also happened to me, only it landed on my hands which were sedately folded on my laps. The slimy, badly aimed projectile emanated from a Volkswagen Passat beside my bus.

The memory still gives me PTSD cry

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Fira09(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
grin Many are mugu but few are roaming, that's just the summary of the story.

5 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by belovedsonofGod: 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
Oh my gawd... This is very very funny.

Thanks for making me laugh tonight.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Chaos14: 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
Am sorry but this is more funny than disgusting. I've been having a bad day and this lightened me up

13 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Michelle55: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ishi, saving lives from the claws of depression since 1904.. Keep it up. cheesy kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by iamyemiakins(m): 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ọ̀rọ̀ yí só sí'ni lẹ́nu ó buyọ̀ si. Isó ò se pọ́nlá, iyọ̀ ò se tu dànù grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by FamousFela(m): 3:54am On Sep 24, 2022
Hmmmm

Who go laugh with me?

1 Like

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Electorate: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ishilove:
This is just so disgusting embarassed cry

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0aYNz2tthqP5DpFw1HgbFWKUWLes8fx37ox6PZ6JL6pZjAKHCyuQXGVypHpaZecAyl&id=1613901482

*barf* embarassed

Something similar has also happened to me, only it landed on my hands which were sedately folded on my laps. The slimy, badly aimed projectile emanated from a Volkswagen Passat beside my bus.

The memory still gives me PTSD cry

grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by FalseProphet1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2022
I see many Nairalanders vomiting after reading this article.

This I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by JosephXavier: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2022
I have experienced the same thing exactly

Though maybe happened long ago back while I was in uni

I boarded a bus back to school and sat directly behind the driver

Unfortunately for me, the driver spat through the window while at high speed and the breeze blew the sputum to my face

I usually get irritated whenever I remember this incident

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by SirJerrie(m): 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2022
I almost threw up reading this... lipsrsealed
I can't even IMAGINE...

The victim.
Ohh the victim cry cry
Her entire week ahead has been spoiled already. cry cry

The writer is a good storyteller though...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by vinceyinnovation: 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2022
My concern is how do you pronounce the word "phlegm"

Is it flejim
Is it flegum
Is it fleg-mm

The word look and sound like the stuff....white men kudos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by wman(m): 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2022
Lol. Funny story.

I can't imagine how horrific it was.
Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Etosha: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2022
Some people are addicted to spitting out saliva at the slighted provocation. Once they perceived a bad odour, the next thing is to spit even if it is a public place..., I will rather hold my breath than spit in such situation.

3 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by detectivejones: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2022
This is disgusting in every sense of the word.
Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Fidelismaria: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2022
Yuck! Disgusting.

1 Like

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by elpochas: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2022
I knew it had to be one of Ishi stories.Thats y am always careful wheneva i want spit wen am inside a public transit.Have got a question for you Ishi,did d lady still pay her fare after d incident?
Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by dangermouse(m): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2022
grin
Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Oceanjagaban: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
Finally e be like say na dirty people full inside the bus
Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by DeepSight(m): 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2022
detectivejones:
This is disgusting in every sense of the word.

Fidelismaria:
Yuck! Disgusting.

And the powers of description of the writer! Vivid!

A few minutes later, he hawked, coughed in a vio-lent manner, and spat out a generous amount of yellow phlegm. Snatched by the force of the breeze, the phlegm went backwards, entered through the window two seats behind the driver, and splattered on the face of the woman seated there.

She was singing at the time. Some of the phlegm made it inside her mouth

4 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by GeneralOjukwu: 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2022
angry

Spitting out phlegm and leaving it everywhere is the human habit I hate the most.

It's hard to jog early in the morning in some places because of thick phlegm everywhere

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by remsonik(f): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2022
I pray all phlegm that people spit to transfer evil to the world will not fall on us in Jesus name. Keep clean and stay safe always

3 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by blaquebelle: 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2022
vinceyinnovation:
My concern is how do you pronounce the word "phlegm"

Is it flejim
Is it flegum
Is it fleg-mm

The word look and sound like the stuff....white men kudos
I think it's pronounced as flem.

1 Like

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Kingozymandias(m): 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2022
This is small I once witnessed something during my nysc ..

I was heading to Lagos from Katsina then at one point we stopped for women to pee in bushes near by and I and two other make corpwrs decided to come done and rush one stick of Benson and hedges quickly while is dragging and reminiscing on TemiTope's fine botty I would devour when I get to Lagos ... My guy David tapped my shoulder that he wants to pee by a near tree he turned asking me if I have signal on my phone while walking forward and he didn't see a pile of big human shìt on the floor suddenly he slipped and landed face down inside and huge pile of like three or 4 people's shīt ... Probably different travelers who pooped there as I reached forward to help him and saw his face deep inside a huge pile of shīt of different colours with some in side his mouth his nose his beard his eye I I froze ... Cigar feel from my lips...

Omo conductor and some of us helped him up the guy had eaten shit well ...
My soul just lef tmy body sha...
He couldn't scream loud because as he opwnwd his mouth more shït went down his throat

Omo he started vomitting uncontrollably like heavy vomitting and some women in thw his staryed vomitting too Omo I quickly lot another Benson so I don't vomit room the driver and a passenger came over an reach begged me for a stick too because the sight was too horrifying ...

Water u stool shīt hard shīt , shīt with maggots the guy had swallowed all types.

We diverted the bus into a near by in okene looking for hospital o..

That event still gives me nightnares sha

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by chaarly(m): 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2022
Something similar happened to me back then in Uniben Hall3 Block B(Arrow block grin )

I just came back from church o on Sunday. My roomies cooked rice then i was in a hurry to join them before the food finish. I stepped out to wash my spoon from 200 series down. As I stretched forth my hand, someone from 400 series spat a very thick catarrh (phlegm) and it landed on my hand as I was washing the spoon.

I threw the spoon away, lost appetite and felt like cutting of my hand cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by chaarly(m): 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ghahah
Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2022
Please Allow us to eat our Sunday rice & chicken in peace o

Gawd!

3 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by Arysexy(m): 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2022
I just lost appetite now, discontinued eating my Sunday rice and chicken. cry

Just imagining the bacteria wriggling in the phlegm under microscopic view angry

2 Likes

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by NEIGHBOUR(m): 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
Very funny ��. The OP is a good writer. Keep it coming. Can't stop laughing .

1 Like

Re: An Unfortunate Sputum Mishap by LadySarah: 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2022
When one mofo threw a bucket of urine from the 2nd floor of my school hostel and it found its way on top the sweet tray of Egusi my dear mom had given me and I was trying to sundry.

A minute my tray of over 15cups of egusi was glistening,the next minute it was floating in conc. urine.I cried hot tears throughout that day.
This thread is hilarious and disgusting though.Eewwww�� grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xenophobia: See What This Kenyan Living In RSA Has To Say / Why You Should Never Overtake A Truck At A Roundabout Or Risk Being Crushed / Flying With Iberia Airline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.