Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast (10643 Views)

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody / Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. / Mike Adenuga: 12 Things You Didn’t Know About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by hayo(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2006
There are similarities between Mike Adenuga and Richard Branson of Virgin everything smiley

I just read an article in Thisday with the same title and I think studying these two guys is a guide to a successful entrepreneural future. But really I want us to identify their differences and relate it to the environment they operate from - Nigeria and UK.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by hayo(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2006
Branson had to contend with the very powerful British Air when he wanted to start Virgin Atlantic and today, he has created a very successful airline that competes at par with BA and what a better tesimony than the fact that Virgin is now the official carrier in Nigeria.
Adenuga lost a bid in the first generation of GSM licensing in Nigeria together with the deposti (About 20 Million Dollars). We all know that story, he went ahead to get a better license, Second National Carrier which is superior to the license obtained by MTN and Vmobile in 2001. Glo Mobile went ahead to start Per Second Billing and launched the first truly Value Added Service network in Nigeria (GPRS, MMS, WAP).
Branson is very unconventional, he has done crazy things in the past - traveling in hot air ballon, posing nude in a magazine, e.t.c,
Adenuga has a lot og myths attached to him - He fires his staff anyhow, he works them mad, treats his staff like they don't exist.
They are both involved in many areas of businesses.
They are obviously both brilliant and creative.
They are goal-getters and believe so much in their abilities.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by hayo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2006
Contrasts:
Adenuga is a Nigerian, Branson is British smiley
Branson did not make his money by benefitting from Government, We know Adenuga did.
Branson's investment do not smell Military and he does not appear to be fronting for a big man. Adenuga smells that popular junta head now turned politician.
Branson has an autobiography titled - Losing my virginity and I am yet to see Adenuga's own.
Branson is married to one wife and has two children - Adenuga is married, we don't know if more than one smiley and he sure has children (Not sure how many)

More will follow later - Let's have your thots too.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by segedoo(m): 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2006
Make i pity u so that it won't be a one man thread. lol

Those guys are both billionaires and they both know all about their business operations and are my role models but Richard's having more fun than Mike.

He also adores his employees a lot while Mike knows people go everly come apply to his organizations shay bi na the desperate Nigerian graduates.

I respect "chairman" sha as Otunba Adenuga's called at the work place pass Richard anyday. Any businessman making gigabucks in Nigeria beats any other outside of here anyday.

Just imagine Mike Adenuga under same conditions as Richard, he'd probably be among the top 10 richest men in the world.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by IAH(f): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2006
Well well well, I want to be like both of them. cheesy cheesy
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by LoverBwoy(m): 9:48pm On Mar 01, 2006
i wanted to reply since the topic was posted but i was waitin for something, mike adenuga's background

the thing about branson is that his background is clear and traceable u can get informations about him since his birth till what he is goin to be doing 2moro at 4pm, the school he went to his first business the loans he collected and so on, but nigerian businessmen hmmmm don't worry about the past the thing is, he is rich and nigeria women will be the first to waive that aspect , "abeg na love i wan chop" ?  grin

What was mike adenuga Doin before the GSM era in nigeria

Does he own the company 100% seems like there are alot of india/pakistani involved or maybe they are just he experts

Richard branson doesnt have a villa titled "Virgin villa" as headquarters > he doesnt need to

i dont think Richard ( i called him Mr richard when i met him,he said call me richard cool) Fires people himself
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by IAH(f): 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2006
LoverBwoy:

What was mike adenuga Doin before the GSM era in nigeria

I heard he also owns Conoil, Devcom bank and Equitorial Trust Bank.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by Idekeson(m): 3:27am On Mar 02, 2006
How did Mike Adenuga, all of a sudden became a power player in Nigeria? I need to know the road my role model travelled. Maybe I could emulate him.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by cabali(m): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2006
i used to be a fan of mike's but studying his kind of administration which is completely unproffessional, I know better! disregard for ur staff is crude, and i hear with him, some managers are more equal than others, he runs the place like a mama-put outfit.

but since he makes so much money, i guess he will be justified by all, but me!

he was nominated as man of the year by silverbird, rubbish! and to say he was nominated for providing employments? Men an enterpreneur that employs and fires as much as he does, it is just crazy; the nomination

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by Seun(m): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2006
For more information about Chief Mike Adenuga's management style, read "Why I Hate Globacom" by Olabisi.

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by tipsy289(m): 10:43pm On Mar 02, 2006
Richard Branson is a worldwide name.He has taken Virgin companies far,plus this guy like a joker,he's does not do any big man,by the way,his $$$$ far ahead of Adenuga's own,by the way,Adenuga is just a Nigerian face(good) but i think there some vanity somewhere,this dude okay.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by segedoo(m): 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2006
@idekeson
shay na u give am the inheritance? Maybe you should go and read "losing my virginity by RB" before spreading your gross misinformation.

Mike adenuga's biography was summarized in an edition of ovation.

He studied marketing in a university in the US, was cab driver for a while before coming to Niaja.He made his first #1M at 26, sold imported laces, disributed coca-cola and later got a contract to build barracks during IBB regime and was also a member of his cabinet if i still remember properly.

something anyone of us would have done if we had same opps.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by Idekeson(m): 4:13am On Mar 04, 2006
cool
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by prosper(m): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2006
Hey Guys,
I like these two guys but you guys got it wrong saying Branson Inherited anything, Truth is he didn't,
Adenuga may not necessarily be one of the riches if he was in the US or UK cause he probably would have gone smoking weed with his black friends complaining about white oppression,
And Adenuga's style of running his outfit may differ but it's not necessarily the bad, think of it really he's dealing with people from entire different backgrounds.

Cheerio. wink
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by LoverBwoy(m): 11:46pm On Mar 04, 2006
prosper:

And Adenuga's style of running his outfit may differ but it's not necessarily the bad, think of it really he's dealing with people from entire different backgrounds.

Cheerio. wink

Adenuga's managerial style sucks!! its dictorial, we know u have to be firm to manage people in nigeria but daayuuum according to what i read its just awful!! i dont think people will be able to make use of their brain and talent in the long run affectin the company!!

About managing people from different backgrounds he grew up in the US so i ddont see whats da big deal in dat esp when ur running a multinational company -what do u expect?, angry

1 Like

Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by Seun(m): 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2006
I agree that Nigerian employees can be very troublesome, but the person making the complaints is an Indian.
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by Skidoc(m): 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2006
Wow! That means Seun and Mike Adenuga have something in common! grin lipsrsealed
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by LoverBwoy(m): 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2006
yea thats one of the problems too , nigerians dont complain, well officially anyway
Re: Richard Branson And Mike Adenuga: Compare And Contrast by jmsjonah(m): 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2006
Branson is a self made millionaire judging from where he started his buisness (a public phone booth in London) while Adenuga is not. He (Adenuga) made his bucks from the corridors of power during the IBB regime, hence he is not self made.
Branson treats his staff with utmost respect and dignity but the same can not be said of Adenuga. I know an accountant who was on his payroll; got sacked  for holding on to his proffesional ethics and was told he would never find a job any where in the country as long as he (Adenuga) is alive thereby forcing the intelliigent gentleman into exile in the uk.

1 Like

(1)

AMCON Plans To Sell Keystone Bank To ‘powerful Northern Group’, Officials Say / Where Can I Buy Nylon Sealing Machine / Paying Your Taxes As An Enterprenuer In Nigeria (lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.