Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide (4278 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / South East Governors Meeting In Owerri (Photo) / Governors Are Importing Illegal Arms With Private-Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by ak47mann(m): 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2011
The Special Adviser on Public Relations to Abia State Governor, Mr. James Okpara, has denounced recent newspaper reports, which credited Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State with the payment of the hospital bills for Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, in the United Kingdom.

He said, “It is wrong for these people to come out and say that only Governor Peter Obi has been paying the Ikemba’s hospital bills abroad. What about the other state governors in the South-East?”

Okpara said that contrary to the reports, Ojukwu’s welfare and the cost of his treatment in the British hospital had been the collective responsibility of all the governors of the South-Eastern states and not just that of Obi.

He said, “I know, for sure, that all the South-East governors, under the aegis of the South East Governors’ Forum, have been rendering assistance to Ojukwu since his illness began.

“They have been channelling aid to the Ikemba through Governor Obi, who is the chairman of the forum.

“I know how much the Governor of Abia State, Theodore Orji, has contributed to Ojukwu’s welfare till date. I know, too, that he has always been interested in the welfare of other notable Igbo sons and members of their respective families.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110813374320
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by Onlytruth(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2011
This information helps a lot.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by ak47mann(m): 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2011
very true that shows that ikemba is loved by all igbo s in SE and beyond a great man that stand for his people cool
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by houvest: 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2011
Good. If they leave it only for Obi, it will be very wrong.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by presido1: 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2011
Let them give me the bill. Ikemba is very dear to us all.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by ektbear: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2011
More interesting thing to me is that Peter Obi seems to have falsely made it appear as if his gov't is the only (or primary) one paying the bill. You won't let your other SE governors shine too?
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2011
Is ojuku a government official,why waste taxpayers' money on him ? What about his father's so called wealth ?
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by Obiagu1(m): 2:42am On Aug 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Is ojuku a government official,why waste taxpayers' money on him ? What about his father's so called wealth ?

He is an icon and if need be, everyone will contribute for his treatment.
Moreover, he used his father's wealth to fight for us.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by igboboy1(m): 3:25am On Aug 14, 2011
Obiagu1:

He is an icon and if need be, everyone will contribute for his treatment.
Moreover, he used his father's wealth to fight for us.

Damn thats all you needed to say, I aint from the SE but nevertheless he is top dear with Nzeogwu among my igbo heros, Can't wait for Anioma state so we can join our brothers in the SE.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by EkoIle1: 4:25am On Aug 14, 2011
Unfortunately, this ibo man went to war to try undo what another ibo man named forced to join together. Ibo people are proud of zik because he was a nationalist and he unified and keptg nigeria together , at the same time they are proud of another ibo man who destroyed millions of lives while trying to destroy what ibo people claimed the other ibo man kept together because he was some nationlist nonsense.

Basicaly, ziks actions led ojukwu to war  because if ziks unwise and flawed move to sell us out to the north and betrayed a souther nigeria, millions of ibo people wount have died, ojukwu wount have led ibo people to war to undo ziks actions.

Why ibo people are on both sides of this fence is very sad and the same time laughable.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by Sicherheit(m): 4:35am On Aug 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately, this ibo man went to war to try undo what another ibo man named forced to join together. Ibo people are proud of zik because he was a nationalist and he unified and keptg nigeria together , at the same time they are proud of another ibo man who destroyed millions of lives while trying to destroy what ibo people claimed the other ibo man kept together because he was some nationlist nonsense.

Basicaly, ziks actions led ojukwu to war  because if ziks unwise and flawed move to sell us out to the north and betrayed a souther nigeria, millions of ibo people wount have died, ojukwu wount have led ibo people to war to undo ziks actions.

Why ibo people are on both sides of this fence is very sad and the same time laughable.
Bros, maybe it is the late hour oh but this your post does not make sense, perhaps a reread and a rewrite might be in order. undecided
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by EkoIle1: 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2011
Sicherheit:

Bros, maybe it is the late hour oh but this your post does not make sense, perhaps a reread and a rewrite might be in order. undecided

Basically saying how do you justify praising both men when one sacriiced the lives of milions of nigerians just to undo what the other man forced us into.

You praised one as a nationalist while praising the other man too for trying to destroy the same nation. That doesn't make sense.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by kokoA(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2011
whatever undecided
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by udezue(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2011
Why is Chibuike Amaechi not doing something as well?
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by udezue(m): 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2011
Rivers state gov.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by Onlytruth(m): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2011
Posted by: udezue

Why is Chibuike Amaechi not doing something as well?

Posted by: udezue

Rivers state gov.

Fair question if one does not have to deal with the legacy of divide and conquer foisted on the East during and after the war.
The fact is that even Akwa Ibom and Cross River states should be paying part of that bill, afterall Ojukwu fought for the independence of Eastern Nigeria, NOT Igboland.
Now, I don't know whether it is because no one consulted them and asked for their participation in footing the bill, or that they wouldn't participate. I have come to understand that in Nigeria you must speak out loud and clear for your intended audience to understand what you really mean. My hunch tells me that they have not been consulted yet. I could be wrong.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by T8ksy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

Fair question if one does not have to deal with the legacy of divide and conquer foisted on the East during and after the war.
The fact is that even Akwa Ibom and Cross River states should be paying part of that bill, afterall Ojukwu fought for the independence of Eastern Nigeria, NOT Igboland.
Now, I don't know whether it is because no one consulted them and asked for their participation in footing the bill, or that they wouldn't participate. I have come to understand that in Nigeria you must speak out loud and clear for your intended audience to understand what you really mean. My hunch tells me that they have not been consulted yet. I could be wrong.

My hunch is, they were consulted but just don't want to know.

Probably 'cause they weren't consulted nor gave their agreement when the ikemba decided to fight for the independence of the whole Eastern nigeria.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by nduchucks: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2011
Ojukwu deserved to be helped through his illness by Ndigbo. However, I believe that Ojukwu himself would condemn the illegal uses of states fund on his behalf. The governors'  forum should raise funds by other means to fund  Ojukwu's medical expenses. It is disgraceful to spend money which could have been used to support health facilities which treat premature babies, to fund any government official's medical expense, let alone that of a private citizen.

These governors should be jointly sourcing for funds to build a first class regional medical center in the East in Ojukwu's name instead of this illegal use  of state funds. If these narrow minded governors had built these medical facilities, Ojukwu would not have gone in exile for a second time. The man deserves to spend his remaining days with the Igbo people who love him. Shame on all of una. embarassed
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by aljharem3: 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Ojukwu deserved to be helped through his illness by Ndigbo. However, I believe that Ojukwu himself would condemn the illegal uses of states fund on his behalf. The governors'  forum should raise funds by other means to fund  Ojukwu's medical expenses. It is disgraceful to spend money which could have been used to support health facilities which treat premature babies, to fund any government official's medical expense, let alone that of a private citizen.

T[size=13pt]hese governors should be jointly sourcing for funds to build a first class regional medical center in the East in Ojukwu's name instead of this illegal use  of state funds. If these narrow minded governors had built these medical facilities,[/size] Ojukwu would not have gone in exile for a second time. The man deserves to spend his remaining days with the Igbo people who love him. Shame on all of una. embarassed

+ 1000
gbasa cheesy grin grin grin very good

although i believe apart from the state funds, they can get some personal money and donate it to ojukwu's medical bill

infact i think the NG should look into it.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 15, 2011
ndchucks your on point , i dont understand why we have to keep flying to other countries to get medical treatment, its becoming embarrasing.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by EkoIle1: 3:59am On Aug 15, 2011
I rembere when Fashola vowed to build the best kidney and heart centers in in nigeria because he was sick of funding treatments abroad, the same hypocrits and losers in this thread ridiculed him and his plan.

Well, he did built the centers in Gbagada as vowed and its for nigerians from every corner of nigeria.
Its called responsible leadership and prudent thinking.

Its good to see you people are learning the heard way, I'm not saying you people are capable of doing anything beyond talk sha.

Maybe on day one day you people will get there.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by htajz: 4:03am On Aug 15, 2011
We have good medical centres accross nigeria but elites still prefer going outside for treatment , we no just trust our system.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by HighChief4(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2011
I observed that the Moderators cleaned the other thread about Adesina that looted some shops in the UK, but here they are allowing some miscreants to come and spew rubbish. We are watching!!!

@Topic-----its a good thing to know that other governors are assisting to pay up his hospital bills, like someone said Rivers, Akwa Ibo etc should also be involved
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by kasiem(m): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
The last time that i checked, i learnt that gej was involved in funding the medical bills. For those castigating the governors, we the bonafide are truly behind the gov'nors.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by kasiem(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2011
Yorobos are busy selling their leaders for mere nairas, while igbos are busy spending naira to save their leader. And i've learnt that one of the things that accrues revenue for yorobos are selling of their leaders.
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by chino11(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

You are as always making baseless and incoherent comments. How are about your yoroaba leaders (bola ige, adesanya and co that collected bribe money to have abioala slaughtered by the almajiris. Aren't you guys ashamed to start facing reality in Nigeria. Don't you get it?? All the yooroabas put together cannot equal one Odumegwu Ojukwu of Igboland
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by chino11(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2011
kasiem:

Yorobos are busy selling their leaders for mere nairas, while igbos are busy spending naira to save their leader. And i've learnt that one of the things that accrues revenue for yorobos are selling of their leaders.

Nwannem kedu ije?? I got back today Awka to resume work 2moro after the Iri Ji festival in the villa.

Back to topic: Don't mind the yorooabas, they sold bola ige, sold abiaola and kudriat, sold fushow williams to the almajiris to be slaugheter. The worst is that aftercollecting the bribe maney they remain the poorest region in Nigeria. Yorooaba eat food meant for the pigs eg(ewedu, oil soup, drinking garri) and live in mud houses, can you imagine that
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by member479760: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2011
better to sell the leaders than worshipping one goat. one day people will wake up to see the fact.

Pa late Awo established free education enjoyed not only by his own people but directly enjoyed by others and the benefits spread all over the nation, then we have to be slave to his children.

wake up nigerians!
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by RickyRoss1(m): 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

I rembere when Fashola vowed to build the best kidney and heart centers in in nigeria because he was sick of funding treatments abroad, the same hypocrits and losers  in this thread ridiculed him and his plan.

Well, he did built the centers in Gbagada as vowed and its for nigerians from every corner of nigeria.
Its called responsible leadership and prudent thinking.

Its good to see you people are learning the heard way, I'm not saying you people are capable of doing anything beyond talk sha.

Maybe on day one day you people will get there.
Eko Ile:

I dont know why you so much hate the Igbos and other Nigerian tribes except your tribe yoruba? Why not break away from Nigeria and form your own oduduwa republic? You even like anything and everything Ghanaian, and you hate your own?

I also dont understand what Fashola has done that makes you worship him the way you do, he is just an ordinary Nigerian politician and with the billions of US dollars at his disposal he can build world class medical centers in every LGA in Lagos. Dont get me wrong, Fashola is trying according to Nigerian standards, and so is Amechi, Chime and so many others,

There is nothing wrong in praising your tribe, but stop going out of your way to insult others especially the Igbo nation bc we will not take it from you. Remember we Igbo's always do what we say, we just dont bark and make empty noise like you. We Igbos dont give a phuck whether a noise maker like you is existing or not. I am not going to insult the entire yoruba tribe just bc of a toothless bull dog like you. This is your first and last warning. Nairaland is the most popular forum in Nigeria, this is not a place to spread lies and ethic hatred. If you hate the Igbos just go to the streets of Lagos and start killing them physically and see what happens.
Next time if you dont know what to say about the Igbos, JUST SHUT THE P/H/U/K UP
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by MMM2(m): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2011
dats very good of dem
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by udbyron1(m): 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2011
i love when you are all beefing yourselves,ma only advice is that MAKE UNA GO HUG TRANSFORMER jorrrrrrr
Re: All South-East Governors Are Paying Ojukwu’s Bills – Gov Orji Aide by saintneo(m): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2011
ndu_chucks:

These governors should be jointly sourcing for funds to build a first class regional medical center in the East in Ojukwu's name instead of this illegal use  of state funds. If these narrow minded governors had built these medical facilities, Ojukwu would not have gone in exile for a second time. The man deserves to spend his remaining days with the Igbo people who love him. Shame on all of una. embarassed
Gbam! For me, Ojukwu's bill should be footed from other sources outside state pockets . . . yes it can be done. Secondly, a good hospital should be built in his name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Create Unviable States –senator Oyofo / So We Still Have This In Rivers State (pix) / Can Gej Dress Like This? 8)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.