Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) (30860 Views)

The 15 Most Popular Athletes Of All Time Ft, Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt, Federer & Ali / Serena Williams In Tears After Injury In Rogers Cup Final, Touching (Photos) / Serena Williams Retires At Rogers Cup Finals Due To Injury, Cries Bitterly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Fira09(m): 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8JkshGkynM

A protester set himself on fire while attempting to make a statement against private jets at The Laver Cup, hours before Roger Federer’s final match.

The Laver Cup match between Stefanos Tsitsipas and Diego Schwartzman was interrupted today, September 23, as a protester went on the court and set himself on fire.

The man was quickly dragged off the court unharmed and play resumed shortly thereafter.

According to spectators, the man brought a flare onto London’s The 02 Arena and used it to set his arm on fire before security was able to put the fire out.

One staff member took his blazer off and put it over the fire before stomping on it.

The protester was wearing a shirt that said "End UK private jets."

The shirt also contained a web address leading to a site about climate inaction.

"Today, I entered the field because I can no longer take the risk of doing nothing in the face of the climate emergency," the site reads, according to a screen-grab on Twitter.

The 20-year-old protestor, named Kai, is a member of the End UK Private Jets group, which claims that "carbon emissions in 2022 are genocide."

This isn’t the first protest at a high-profile tennis event this year.

The French Open semifinal between Casper Ruud and Marin was suspended when a woman ran onto the Roland Garros court and tied herself to the net with a shirt that read, "we have 1028 days left".

SOURCE

1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Fira09(m): 4:03pm On Sep 24, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Righteousness2(m): 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hahahaha...
When I look at crazy events playing out world over
I begin to imagine the tempo of wildness and craziness that will be on display after the Trumpet sounds and the saints take off..
Everywhere will go wild..

Get Ready ooo.. The Coming of Christ is Imminent.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Lanshile(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2022
There are better ways to send a msg across not by self-harm
I trust my fellow Nigerians
They won't perform such a stunt

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by ValCon888: 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2022
It's just a simple dude protesting climate change by doing something dramatic.

Let's stop reading too much meaning into some of the simpler events happening in society.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Chaos14: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
Na him face for that 1st pic wey make me laugh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by JASONjnr(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2022
This is why Nigerians all over the world are smarter and intelligent more than these white folks.....

Their government officials know this and so they try to paint Nigerians as corrupt people when literally is our stupid politicians.....

9 Likes

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Nangels: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2022
Righteousness2:
Hahahaha...
I begin to the tempo of wildness and craziness that will be on display after the Trumpet sounds and the saints take off..

Again?

10 Likes

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by lhordspy: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2022
This is the most annoying thing have read today.

Somone setting himself on fire to protest a private jet in a tennis court that has nothing to do with it and people are putting off the fire.

For what if i may ask??

Somewhere in mushin, Lagos people will gather an watch him burn. Some will even offer him Fuel and tyre.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Oyinbo people and stupid mentality.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Spaxon(f): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2022
Righteousness2:
Hahahaha...
I begin to the tempo of wildness and craziness that will be on display after the Trumpet sounds and the saints take off..

Sometimes do you sit back and read your comments?
It's often times off topic and derailing.

Yes we are aware of the Rapture.

Try to comment with Adequate relevance to the Topic.

Try to talk when necessary

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by dillylilly: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2022
Laxy
Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by superCleanworks(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2022
which one be this again? when will wahala finish?

1 Like

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ina jo were

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by VeryWickedMan: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
Why is he crying?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
superCleanworks:
which one be this again? when will wahala finish?

Not anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Realguyman1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
Wahala everywhere
Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by WibusJaga: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2022

He get luck - if na here for Naija, nobody will rush to his rescue. He go receive sense by force. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by floss(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by superCleanworks(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
Righteousness2:
Hahahaha...

take off to where?
shey u don start again.

1 Like

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by grandstar(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
Righteousness2:
Hahahaha...

Hm

1 Like

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Agricmoney(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
hmmm

Anyway, Agriculture is life.

1 Like

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Sweetnesstwins: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2022
Foolishness
Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by NeverLost: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2022
Righteousness2:
Hahahaha...

your contribution on this platform is so vague and inconsequential.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Mercury12(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Why is he crying?
cuz the fire was very wicked cheesy
The fire love the taste of stupid people's skin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by wiseone28: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2022
Federer no go mbok

I dey carry you chop sometimes.

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Lordbinsmar: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2022
grin
Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Pagrammer: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2022
grin
Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by Grandmeister(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
He no do am well..the burning monk still remains the most graphic story of self immolation the world has witnessed in recent memory.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protester Sets Arm On Fire On Court Ahead Of Rogers Federer's Farewell (video) by backnbeta(f): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
If we can be half as passionate about things
as the whites are, naija will be a better place than this! He is protesting for a safer living space; he is not stupid like some people are insinuating. Kudos to you my brotherundecided

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pele Congratulates Ronaldo On Moving Into Top 5 All Time National Team Scorers / AFCON 2021: Ivory Coast Vs Algeria (4 - 1) On 20th January 2022 / All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.