Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,762 members, 7,802,326 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

The Confusion In Fasting(ur Attention Pls) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Confusion In Fasting(ur Attention Pls) (1323 Views)

Medical Advice On Fasting. I Pray It Helps. / Any News On when we are to start Fasting? / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Confusion In Fasting(ur Attention Pls) by bilms(m): 10:50am On Aug 14, 2011
If someone startd fasting in nigeria in d morning and he took a flight to another country like usa for example. Assuming he left nigeria around 6am and landed in usa after 7,8 or 9 hours for example and meet them breaking fast. Knowing that back there in nigeria,its not time to break as it is around 4pm. What is those shariah says about it?, To me,i feel that person should break as it is sunset were he his,but i need other learned to put light on it .
Re: The Confusion In Fasting(ur Attention Pls) by Sweetnecta: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2011
the continental usa 4 time zones and the closest to nigeria is 5 hours behind nigeria in summer time, which is now, but 6 hours in fall winter time coming up very soon. in essence, if you left nigeria at 6 am heading for new york city, flying for say 10 hours, it will only be 1. pm when you land. i am assuming we are using this ramadhan for this explanation.

sunset later in summer time, so today it will set at about 7.56 pm. so actually you will have almost 7 more hours of fast to go. and you are fortunate that you are not going to la. add another 3 more hours, with addition 5 hours flight.

but you journey is eastward, like going to arabia, new zealand, australia, and the orient, since they are ahead of you in time zone, meaning their sunset arrive before that of nigeria, your whole fast for the day may actually shrink to a few hours.

this above is better illustrated by a december fast, but you left new york for lagos. your fast will begin around 6 am in new york that day. if you took off just at that time, it will be 12. noon in nigeria already. in say 7 hours later you may have to break your fast because you will be in territories where sun is beginning to set. since you will be heading southward in the flight route, by the time you hit anywhere west africa, the sun will be setting if you take a look.

if we use this ramadhan heading out nigeria from new york, at g.am when the fast is just 1.15 hours old, nigeria is already 11 am. by the time you are in flight for 8 hours and not so much, you have to break your fast because it is already 7 pm in lagos, but only 2 pm in new york city that will not break until 7.57 pm.
Re: The Confusion In Fasting(ur Attention Pls) by olapluto(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2011
If you insist on fasting during a journey, then you break your fast when the sun sets at your current destination (I think). But Allah has made it easy for people travelling and no need turning down Allah's charity. I think you are entitled not to fast on such an occasion.
Re: The Confusion In Fasting(ur Attention Pls) by bilms(m): 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2011
Thanks brothers and sisters,

I already have my opinion about it just liek your all supported my opinion, but i need tpo comfirm it from a shariah point of view,

@sweet,what you said, was it from a agreed point of view from shariah? if yes give me prove pls.
Re: The Confusion In Fasting(ur Attention Pls) by Sweetnecta: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2011
^^^^Ola Pluto gave the shortest version of what i said. we all agree that if will be absurd that you arrive in a place and you break you fast by the time of your origin when where you are now its just time for salatul zuhr.

and in the reverse, you cant be fasting still at midnight in you destination, just because they have not broken fast in your place of origin.

imagine traveling to a place that takes a good chunk of a day? when do you start a new fast before arriving at your destination if you already broke the fast started from place of origin or break a fast started from your origin, otherwise you will be arriving at the follow day say at 10 am?

Allah blesses Islam with ease and ability to think about an issue, apparent or otherwise, as long as it is harmful but helpful to us, and not against any part of Islam, it will be Sharia.
Re: The Confusion In Fasting(ur Attention Pls) by bilms(m): 11:41am On Aug 16, 2011
I clearly understand your point,as we are on the same page.

I just needed to know if there is any shariah agreement on it, that's all.

(1) (Reply)

Is Islam A Cartel? / A Rebuttal Of CAN President’s Claims by NSCIA / Am Interested In Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.