Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:43 PM

How To Deal In Agric Products From North - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Deal In Agric Products From North (37154 Views)

Top 10 Import Portals To Source Your Quality Products From / Export Products From Nigeria To Turkey & Import Products From Turkey To Nigeria / Full Listing Of Agro-based Export Products From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tplacid: 5:51am On Sep 09, 2011
Agro-business is very risky especially for those people that are bringing in goods from the north. But one of the ways you can ensure that your business is risk free is to apply for Goods-in-transit insurance policy which covers your goods in case of theft,accident and fire whilst your good is loaded or unloaded. For more info you can call 08082295125.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by kodewrita(m): 11:09am On Sep 09, 2011
if you want to buy, where is the best place to buy? which are the most important food crop towns in the middle belt?

Just want to know where the major distribution points are in the middle belt.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by jaybee(f): 1:23pm On Sep 09, 2011
@OP, one9jeria:

I will be doing my NYSC by Nov. So want u guys to advise me on how do the business of agric product from northern states to other states like lagos. What will it take me to start it and which state will b good for me to serve and actualise this dream. Any other challenges

I think this post is premature and propbably unneccessary.

Firstly, you have not been mobilized. hopefully, you'll be mobilized.

Secondly, you dont know the state you'll be serving.

thirdly, you dont know the location of your place of primary assignment.

Fourthly, you dont know the nature of your primary assignment.

fifthly, you are going for a national service and not business, please.

i will advise that you set your priorities right. there is always time for everything. a time to serve; and a time to do business.

assuming you are sent to teach in secondary school in a remote location where transportation is an issue, how do you engage in agro products business?

You are asking of a good state to serve and actualise your dreams; except in special cases, NYSC does not permit choice of state to serve. so you may not have the liberty to choose.

go and do your service to the best of your ability and in the process you will see the opportunities available to sieze. dont rush. there are abundant opportunities everywhere in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^^
Your link doesn't work
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by toyemz(f): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
@op

quote from showonlese
Think hard and well what products to venture in.

If your lorry load of tomatoes is caught up in the Ore traffic for 3 days, you will be sweating tomatoes

you might think like that and you might never give it a go
why do you think darika tomatoes are so expensive in the south?
think about that
but then,i gave you that idea kos it is a business venture i did some years ago and the profit was immense
the only difference is that i was the farm owner and you want to transport
find ways of getting your product across
i know of someone who brought in seafood from port harcourt to Jos every 2nd week
and the product arrived jos fresh and frozen
The Hausa do it, learn how they do
you will surely get there
and yes the journey is done by night when it is cool and not in the afternoon
good luck

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by saniby: 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2011
we r based in the north and involved in agro allied. we would like tod have young people in lagos and Ph to distribute our products. we need only credible people with verifiable guarantors. interested please forward details to danalbarka@gmail. com
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by adelegan1: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2011
My email is adelegan1111@yahoo.com send me an email with your number and i will get back to you. The best product you can do it is non perishable.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by one9jeria: 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2011
I one9jeria appreciate 4 every contribution. U guys are 1daful. Daalu nu oo. U pple hav cured my fear of unemployment. Long live Nairalanders. Ndewo nu

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by jomarq(m): 1:27pm On Sep 12, 2011
Anvaller:

Hey man, before you put your money on that business, try to make a market survey of the product you want to try out. Never generalise products in your survey. If u make an A-Z survey of tomatoes for example, dont think all conditions will be the same if it was also onions or groundnuts. You must bear it in mind that demand rate of those products will differ in relation with varying factors.

As much as you are determined to g ahead, it is also important to identify all bottlenecks just like someone has tried to listed here: accidents, unneccessary delay BAD TIMING (How do u ensure proper timing in the face of Nigerian factor?) U must answer those questions b4 u go ahead dont just think if u pray, everything will fall in place

i lived in taraba and we have many foodstuff here
what you need is to come here once and we negotiate how to patner and you don,t need to come again as we will only be communicating on fone,you send money and i buy stuff and send to you.
emmanuel

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by pdozie: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2011
adelegan1:

My email is adelegan1111@yahoo.com send me an email with your number and i will get back to you. The best product you can do it is non perishable.

@adelegan1 - I sent a mail to you. Kindly respond
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by buzcenter: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2011
it is save to hold on exporting goods to lagos,you know you need to test every 1 bag of food to export becaus of boko haram poison food , who knows their new plan,this is the time we need to start processing food in southwest ,as this boko harams are wining everyday in terms of food fromnorth run for your life******That land deal is real (closing 16-09-11)*****
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by jomarq(m): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2011
buzcenter:

it is save to hold on exporting goods to lagos,you know you need to test every 1 bag of food to export becaus of boko haram poison food , who knows their new plan,this is the time we need to start processing food in southwest ,as this boko harams are wining everyday in terms of food fromnorth run for your life******That land deal is real (closing 16-09-11)*****

this is a false information coming from (FRM) first rumor monger.
boko haram can not poising food to lagos b/c they have upto 40% Muslim in lagos
please debunk all false information and concentrate on ur business nladers

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2011
We have over 1million bags of Rice,Fertilizer,Sugar and Urea in Lagos. All you have to do is to source for buyers in the North who would be ready to buy over 10trucks.

Regards!
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by yemismashy: 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2011
since you are looking to make extra money, i'll suggest you check out www.megacashfiles..com . with a magnificient payout system and low startup of just N6500, it gives you the opportunity to make hundreds of thousands monthly. They give you real benefits and access to other great businesses. Even better, they give you free gifts, like IPADs and you can win a free trip to the USA. The payments are automated. No stress for you. The entire oppotunity is truly awesome. You can check it out at www.megacashfiles..com
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Ceaser84: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
These ideas coming from Nigerians is very invaluable. I would appreciate it if more information on this thread be sent to me @ petregimma@gmail.com
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by pdozie: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2011
Ceaser84:

These ideas coming from Nigerians is very invaluable. I would appreciate it if more information on this thread be sent to me @ petregimma@gmail.com

Information should rather be posted on this forum for everyone's consumption rather than being sent to individual mailboxes

5 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by merge(f): 12:57am On Sep 18, 2011
Is argi products only made in the North?

I'm interested in buying Shea butter. Is that only made in the North
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by page9(m): 9:23am On Oct 02, 2011
Shea butter is available in most part of the south_west states especially in shaki, isehibn etc. It depends on volume you are looking at. If you go on mkt days, you will b able to deal with the real villagers who come from hinterland.
They can sell cheaper and get more volume from their members for you incase you need more than what a single seller can offer
All d best

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by amecsuleman(m): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2012
Hrh Prince Amec
Suleman amec agro. biz. nig. Ltd.:
We supply
:
Beans,
Local rice
Maize,
/Corn,
Millate
Sesame seeds
Groundnuts,
Goats,
Cattles
Sheep/Ram
Yam,
Petatoes
Cotton etc
etc.
at reasonable/affordable prices from
Niger Rep., Sokoto and Zamfara to Lagos
and other East/Southern Nigerian
markets.
NOTE though that
Prices of commoduties are unstable and
mostly subject to changes depending
upon seasons, avalability of products
and costs of transportation.
Our deport in Lagos are @ mile12,
Alabarago and ifo Mkt. Ogun state.
Reach us on 08033480606 or email us
@ princeamec@gmail.com
Or see us @ GoogleTrader Agriculture
section.

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by amec(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2012
page9: Shea butter is available in most part of the south_west states especially in shaki, isehibn etc. It depends on volume you are looking at. If you go on mkt days, you will b able to deal with the real villagers who come from hinterland.
They can sell cheaper and get more volume from their members for you incase you need more than what a single seller can offer
All d best
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by DigitalIdeas: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
Agriculture should be encourage in this present Day Nigeria.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by oduz: 10:14am On Jan 04, 2013
I have AGRO marketing links across Lagos (2pts), Ogun, Oyo & Osun States,

Also adequate capital, but could still welcome financial partnerships

What I need most is trust worthy Northerners who understand the market, terrain & can communicate effectively

Would also welcome General storage/transportation tips & a study on taking Frozen fish & Palm Oil up North

CONTACT
arcmedia007@yahoo.com
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by onyeka205(m): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2013
globexl: My heart is delighted to see a young person on the right track. Your mind is in the right place. Food business is the best business. Just buy whatever food items u are interested in , transport them to lagos and you can start by selling wholesale to market women in agege, Ogba, Ikeja, oyingbo and other markets in lagos. later on, you may want to clean, weigh and package them for exporter buyers like myself. The sky is your limit. Just be steadfast and dont let anything discourage you.
Wish you the best.

Are you an Exporter buyer? Can you buy bitter kola? Contact me on campbell205@yahoo.com or +2348035426409.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Chrisvicmal: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
oduz: I have AGRO marketing links across Lagos (2pts), Ogun, Oyo & Osun States,

Also adequate capital, but could still welcome financial partnerships

What I need most is trust worthy Northerners who understand the market, terrain & can communicate effectively

Would also welcome General storage/transportation tips & a study on taking Frozen fish & Palm Oil up North

CONTACT
arcmedia007@yahoo.com

sent you a mail
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Timika: 7:09am On Dec 16, 2013
I am motivated by your posts here. I too must try one of the agric bussineses.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Austinewealth(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
What kind of food business are you into.
quote author=globexl]My heart is delighted to see a young person on the right track. Your mind is in the right place. Food business is the best business. Just buy whatever food items u are interested in , transport them to lagos and you can start by selling wholesale to market women in agege, Ogba, Ikeja, oyingbo and other markets in lagos. later on, you may want to clean, weigh and package them for exporter buyers like myself. The sky is your limit. Just be steadfast and dont let anything discourage you.
Wish you the best.[/quote]
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by erne: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
There are LASAA approved panels on all footbridges in Lagos state where you can advertise your product, services and events at affordable cost. Contact: SYMMETRIC COMMUNICATIONS: 08139458588; 08053408939
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:07am On Jan 03, 2015
Nice one.
Agribusiness all the way.

for informative latest in the world of agribusiness,check for more on the agriculture section.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

YIEDP, Who Else Got Message From Heritage Bank, Let's Meet Here. / How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits / Lagos On Lockdown As Many Engage In "Last Minute Rush Buys For Xmas" - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.