Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches (3725 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by Emperoh(m): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2011
Need your help guys: Pls who can get me a print CORPORATE poster of the catholic and anglican church. Pls post picture and tag me, i am carrying out a research work on it. Also, who is the spokes person for the catholic and Anglican churches in Nigeria?
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by awuf2008: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2011
Go to Any catholic or Anglican Church beside you to find out. or betters till goggled it.
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by lokopet: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2011
Head of catholic churches in nigeria is either president of catholic bishops of nigeria-His grace Archbishop Alaba Job OR check the Catholic Secretariat in ABUJA OR LAGOS.
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by Misbee(f): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2011
am an anglican,bt i wil advice u to go to d nearby Anglican church around u.Feel free,Anglicans are friendly
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by Austileo: 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2011
Dn u want 2 criticize dem because u hear dat we were geting christian court in nigeria
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by Mcleo007(m): 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
@op, life is made easy with google search. And how did this make the front page?
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by tpia5: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2011
awuf2008:

Go to Any catholic or Anglican Church beside you to find out. or betters till goggled it.

gbam.

people dont even spy in secret anymore?
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2012
Mcleo007: @op, life is made easy with google search. And how did this make the front page?
please be carefull about the net because everything you see is not alway correct. If you want to know abt the catholic church u may ask me or hear from the horse's mouth, the vatican web is www.vatican.va it is very reliable.
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by Ubenedictus(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2012
Emperoh: Need your help guys: Pls who can get me a print CORPORATE poster of the catholic and anglican church. Pls post picture and tag me, i am carrying out a research work on it. Also, who is the spokes person for the catholic and Anglican churches in Nigeria?
if you really are making a research i'll suggest you visit both churchs, if you have any question on the catholic church please ask me. The spokesperson for the catholic church is most rev dr alaba job head of the bishop conference. The highest ranking prelates are H.E Anthony cardinal Arize and H.E cardinal okogie arch bishop of lagos metropolitan see. I'll give a little history from a catholic p.o.view the catholic church was confirm in 33AD AT THE PENTECOST which began the church's ministry after years of persecution xtainity became the official roman religion under emperor constantin, it then held the council of niceae...later the roman empire fell and the church had full power both civil and spiritual around 1000Ad there was tension between the east and west which lead to the east west divide the east became the orthodox and the west retained the name catholic, later the church gave power back to the princes...around the 15thcentury the pope refused to allow king henry (king of england) to have a second wife so the king proclaim himself the spiritual leader of the church of england and married a second wife (on the long run he married more than 20) that is the origin of the anglican church that is y it is similar to the catholic church. During the 16th century martin luther a catholic priest broke away an that became the first protestant movement it was almost a war. The lutherians influence the anglican doctrine and practice that is y the catholic church doesnt recognise the anglican sacrament...etc. The history is long and i didnt address some things, if you need clarifications pls ask.
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by tpia0002: 2:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Re: Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches by tpia0002: 2:28am On Dec 26, 2014

(1) (Reply)

War In Heaven!!! / Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / I Think The Human Race Needs To Stop Breeding And Go Extinct.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.