Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:55 PM

A Woman Delivers Weird Baby In Ekiti State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Woman Delivers Weird Baby In Ekiti State (1982 Views)

Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman Delivers Weird Baby In Ekiti State by enkoby: 11:16am On Aug 15, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/woman-delivers-weired-baby-in-ekiti/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/woman-delivers-weired-baby-in-ekiti/

Note: Please be warned story contains image some may consider offensive .

Ado Ekiti—A woman believed to be in her 30s in Iyin Ekiti, Irepodun/Ifelogun Local Government Area of Ekiti State, has given birth to a strange looking baby.

The woman, (name withheld) and a mother of two, was pregnant for 13 months and was said to have undergone several tests at various private hospitals in the state where she was assured of a set of twins.

She was said to have delivered the strange creature at the General Hospital in the town through a Cesarean Section in the hospital at about 2.15 pm last Thursday.

The birth of the fearful baby caused a stir in the hospital as medical officials were seen discussing the strange birth , while others trooped to the hospital from the town and neighbouring communities to see the “strange baby’’

Commissioner for Health in the state, Dr. Wole Olugboji, confirmed the delivery.

Weired babydelivered by a woman in Ekiti

His words; “There was a woman who gave birth to a strange baby at General Hospital Iyin. The baby is dead but the mother is okay.”

He said the mother of the baby was still unconscious due to the sedation administered to her before the CS to ensure she did not see the creature.

The commissioner noted that the strange birth was quickly disposed off to save the parents from embarrassment.

Vanguard gathered that the woman’s husband was present in the delivery room and approved of the quick burial of the strange creature.

A source at the hospital told Vanguard that the strange ‘baby’ has two bulging eyes and few strand of hair on the forehead. The creature had no brain. Its head was open at the back and you can see mucus inside the head instead of brain. It was a strange creature that nobody seems to have seen before.”

Another source said that the creature was very tiny at birth. The delivery was abnormal as the fluid which was drained from the mother’s body was in excess. The baby must have been deformed due to the effects of some drugs or herbs. That is why we always ask pregnant women not to take any drug unless prescribed by a qualified doctor. We cannot rule it out that the deformity might have been caused by concoction. It is possible.”

Re: A Woman Delivers Weird Baby In Ekiti State by blank(f): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2011
It is called Anencephaly. Anencephaly is the absence of a large part of the brain and the skull. It is a cephalic disorder that results from a neural tube defect that occurs when the cephalic (head) end of the neural tube fails to close. It is usually caused by improper nutrition (absence of folic acid at the early part of the pregnancy. It could cause a baby to stay longer than term.

It is a medical thing so i wonder why a whole commisioner for health in a state like Ekiti can not know that. I am not a medical person but i know it. Next thing, they will start saying it is demons.
Re: A Woman Delivers Weird Baby In Ekiti State by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2011
blank:

It is called Anencephaly. Anencephaly is the absence of a large part of the brain and the skull. It is a cephalic disorder that results from a neural tube defect that occurs when the cephalic (head) end of the neural tube fails to close. It is usually caused by improper nutrition (absence of folic acid at the early part of the pregnancy. It could cause a baby to stay longer than term.

It is a medical thing so i wonder why a whole commisioner for health in a state like Ekiti can not know that.
I am not a medical person but i know it. Next thing, they will start saying it is demons.

I've heard of this too, though didn't know inproper nutrition during the early part of pregnancy was to blame.
Re: A Woman Delivers Weird Baby In Ekiti State by blank(f): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2011
The absence of folic acid in the early part especially just at conception and a predisposition to it can cause it. I guess that can't be all the causes. Whoever did her prenatal exam needs to be fired and disbarred from the medical association. They should have seen it since and done the needful cos such a baby can never and has never survived.
Re: A Woman Delivers Weird Baby In Ekiti State by Johndoe100(m): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2011
blank:

It is a medical thing so i wonder why a whole commisioner for health in a state like Ekiti can not know that. I am not a medical person but i know it. Next thing, they will start saying it is demons.

Na demon o!!
Re: A Woman Delivers Weird Baby In Ekiti State by Outstrip(f): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2011
How can a medical practitioner say "a woman gave birth to a strange baby". Untrained "doctor" and I use the word losely

(1) (Reply)

Santa's Grotto Open For 25 Days / Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family / Wifey, Watch Out! You Might Just Be The Side Chic!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.