Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? (24249 Views)

Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. / Fish Or Poultry Farming, Who Knows / Pig Farming Or Fish Farming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by greenhope(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2011
Which of this ventures is more lucrative with great market potential and demands?
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by fm7070: 10:06am On Aug 16, 2011
Egg production is much more profitable that fish farming. But its more technical, risky, capital gulping, needs adequate knowledge and attention.
Fish farming is cool, but also need a lot of capital. But not as profitable as egg production at the long run.

1 Like

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by niapay(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2011
layer farm is more profitable than Fish farm but more capital and management known how intensive https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=687364.msg8821456#msg8821456
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by agbekoya(m): 2:37am On Aug 17, 2011
For quicker returns (5/6 monyhs) on investment its fish but for a long term profit (1 year) consideration egg production is better. Also its easier to get customers for egg than fish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2011
Return on investments on the two is virtually the same, depends mostly on management practise, I like egg production because of daily income but prefer fish farming as mortality rate is less.

1 Like

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by ayodele123(m): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2011
Poultry egg production is more profitable because the market in Nigeria is large and the demand pattern is inelastic and in fact inexhaustible.
Get details of profit potentials from www.johnayodele.
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by twetey(m): 11:39am On Oct 05, 2012
Poultry (Egg & Meat) production is very lucrative. Meat birds (Broilers) can be raised prior to festive seasons while Layer birds should be raised for egg for the year round. Fish production is also lucrative too and both can be run on an integrated system of production.
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by sp2002(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
twetey: Poultry (Egg & Meat) production is very lucrative. Meat birds (Broilers) can be raised prior to festive seasons while Layer birds should be raised for egg for the year round. Fish production is also lucrative too and both can be run on an integrated system of production.
YOU ARE SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE I CAN SEE.
HERE IS MY INFO
RUKRIL FARMS AND FEEDMILL
SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG

2 Likes

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by okorieone(m): 8:14am On Jan 08, 2013
Gud day sir, pls i want 2 start commercial egg production, pls i need more info on d business, where i can get supply n d cost. thank u
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by sp2002(m): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
okorieone: Gud day sir, pls i want 2 start commercial egg production, pls i need more info on d business, where i can get supply n d cost. thank u
Visit my website or contact me via 08137775986

1 Like

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by ogbongenet: 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
QUAIL FARMIN…….QUICK CASH……

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 4000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.

FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.

TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253 OR profindeed@yahoo.com.

2 Likes

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by Abuloma80(f): 1:07am On Dec 07, 2013
fm7070: Egg production is much more profitable that fish farming. But its more technical, risky, capital gulping, needs adequate knowledge and attention.
Fish farming is cool, but also need a lot of capital. But not as profitable as egg production at the long run.

Fish farming may be profitable only if done in EATHERN POND than CONCRETE POND (which mostly done at home). You can mature your fish to marketable size in 5 to 6 months in earthen pond, whereas in concrete pond will 10 to 12 months. Do the cost comparism!!

Overall Poultry farming (broilers and layers) will be more profitable to Fish rearing, as stated by others earlier.
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by doubleportion: 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
Abuloma80:

Fish farming may be profitable only if done in EATHERN POND than CONCRETE POND (which mostly done at home). You can mature your fish to marketable size in 5 to 6 months in earthen pond, whereas in concrete pond will 10 to 12 months. Do the cost comparism!!

Overall Poultry farming (broilers and layers) will be more profitable to Fish rearing, as stated by others earlier.

Where do you got your Information from? If it is from your personnal experience it must be due to your knownedge bank. Do more research then you will discover that you should have known better!

2 Likes

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by ultrazone(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
mm
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by OLISASDEJI(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
HMM
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by bintudon(f): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Where can I get eggs, base Abuja
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by survival50: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
in need of an expert poultry cage technician for your poultry cage fabrication:local,durable for 5 to 7 years,installation:local&imported,repair,water system plumbering,etc

contact OLUWATOBI
Whatsapp/call:07062252747

based in ibadan but travel everywhere

note:am not a contractor...i put my hand&skills to work personally with my competent collegues!...poultry cage is all we do,and we do it with passion
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by CornerChen: 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
New A frame Chicken Cage for layer with full automatic system, easy assemble.
Contact by email: vin.chensn@gmail.com
Mobile(what's app and viber): +86 15838398703

1 Like

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by bankot123: 7:42am On Dec 30, 2014
@ ogbongnet, how do one market quail eggs? I am residing in the north and am interested in selling quail eggs. is there high demands for it.
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by KrimanOlivia: 8:58am On Mar 22, 2017
CornerChen:

Hi.Do you still have cages for sell? whats the capacity and how much?
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by otedola1(m): 11:57am On Mar 22, 2017
CornerChen:
this 2014 post am not sure oga still bee the business, let we know if you still have the cage for sell
Regard
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by zoesolomon: 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
CornerChen:

From ho much?
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by CornerChen: 7:35am On Mar 24, 2017
Hello, I am still in poultry cage business, please contact me for more details. My email: vin.chensn@gmail.com, What's App: +8615838398703
KrimanOlivia:

Hi.Do you still have cages for sell? whats the capacity and how much?
Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by CornerChen: 7:35am On Mar 24, 2017
Hello, I am still in poultry cage business, please contact me for more details. My email: vin.chensn@gmail.com, What's App: +8615838398703
otedola1:
this 2014 post am not sure oga still bee the business, let we know if you still have the cage for sell
Regard
zoesolomon:

From ho much?

Re: More Lucrative, Fish Farming Or Poultry Egg Production? by CornerChen: 8:08am On Aug 07, 2018
A type layer cage available, poultry cage, layer chicken cage, battery cage for poultry farm
90 birds/unit, 96 birds/, 120 birds/unit
With full automatic feeding, drinking, egg collecting, manure removal and climate control system
Supply for small and big farms, from 5,000 birds to 100,000 birds.

Contact for more details:
What's app: +8615838398703
Email: vin.chensn@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Poultry Show Is On (pics Here) / How To Start Poultry Farming In Nigeria Small And Grow Very Lucrative / Investment In Farm Plantations Give Higher ROI Than Most Rental Apartments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.