Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 AM

Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) (30073 Views)

10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by midep: 11:43am On Aug 16, 2011
Hi Peeps.

I applied for a UK Tourist visa and to my surprise my application was rejected.

Reason : I am not satisfied that your financial outlay on the proposed visit on the balance of probabilities will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds.

I stated in the visa application that i will be financing myself during my stay in UK, i presently work in one of the best paying Bank in the country, Letter of Introduction, Offer Letter, Statement of account with the sum of 1.03M as the Balance still this people refuse me visa.

Please candid advise should i appeal or Wait for 6 Months and Reapply ?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2011
midep:

Hi Peeps.
Reason : I am not satisfied that your financial outlay on the proposed visit on the balance of probabilities will be maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds.
I stated in the visa application that i will be financing myself during my stay in UK, i presently work in one of the best paying Bank in the country, Letter of Introduction, Offer Letter, Statement of account with the sum of 1.03M as the Balance still this people refuse me visa.

How much is ur monthly salary and how old is that bank account?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by Fogman(m): 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2011
I advice you write them to review your application. You dont need to wait for 6 months to reapply.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by midep: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
Thanks justwise as i expected you candid advise as usual.

My Monthly Salary is N104,069 , N240,000.00 Every quarter excluding my Housing and Leave Allowance which is close to N900,000.00 yearly and all this was stated in my letter with evidence to them.

The Bank Account is over 2 years.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by PurgaTory: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hello my friend , im sorry for you , but if you show your letter of refusal photos , it can help us to not make mistakes . Pls, can you take a photo and show me ?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2011
midep:

Thanks justwise as i expected you candid advise as usual.

My Monthly Salary is N104,069 , N240,000.00 Every quarter excluding my Housing and Leave Allowance which is close to N900,000.00 yearly and all this was stated in my letter with evidence to them.

The Bank Account is over 2 years.

Ok, going for review is going to take months, was that account ur salary account? I mean where ur salary is paid-in?
Not about stating the figures in a letter, its about providing evidence to back it up, like ur salary acount or payslip.

Re-applying will be quicker but u have to submit enough evidence to back-up ur application.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by midep: 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2011
Not my salary Account but savings account.

Yes my Payslip for Six Month was inclusive in the application i submitted with a detailed letter from my Bank stating how my allowances and salary are being paid.

What do u advise i do base on ur experience, Appeal or Reapply ?

If am to reapply when do you tink i can do that as my leave is starting end of dis month and am using only 10 days.

Thanks.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2011
midep:

Not my salary Account but savings account.
Yes my Payslip for Six Month was inclusive in the application i submitted with a detailed letter from my Bank stating how my allowances and salary are being paid.
What do u advise i do base on your experience, Appeal or Reapply ?
If am to reapply when do you tink i can do that as my leave is starting end of dis month and am using only 10 days.
Thanks.

You can re-apply anytime as long as you address the issue raised by ECO, using ur salary account will do ur application alot of good. Since you presented ur payslip before, add it with ur salary account now as well

Your salary should reflect in ur salary account , pls don't borrow money and put into that account, let the ECO decide ur financial capability based on ur salary.

Did you make any hotel reservation? List of things/places you want to visit in the UK?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by midep: 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
Thank a bunch Justwise for your contribution as a lot people will also benefit from it.

Yeah ave done the Hotel Reservation , Booking and places i will visit inclusive.

Do i need to include my wife salary, her offer letter and my other source of income (Business outside Banking Job) viewing center and transport biz when next am re-applying ? Though am the only that applied but the status is married.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Aug 16, 2011
midep:

Thank a bunch Justwise for your contribution as a lot people will also benefit from it.

Yeah ave done the Hotel Reservation , Booking and places i will visit inclusive.

Do i need to include my wife salary, her offer letter and my other source of income (Business outside Banking Job) viewing center and transport biz when next am re-applying ? Though am the only that applied but the status is married.

You don't need to include ur wife's documents since she is not traveling with you, but if you must include her salary then make a note stating that ur traveling will not affect ur family finanicially as ur wife also has good source of income, .

You can include ur other source of income (Business outside Banking Job) and documents to back it up.

If you are including ur business earnings then remember to include tax certificate as well.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by midep: 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2011
Thanks Justwise, i really appreciate your concern and will let you know when am reapplying.

Once again Thanks.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2011
midep:

Thanks Justwise, i really appreciate your concern and will let you know when am reapplying.

Once again Thanks.

Take ur time and go through the form over and over again, its very easy to make mistake after refusal.

All the very best.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by amykelly: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hi Peeps.

I stated in the visa application that i will be financing myself  during my stay in UK, i presently work in one of the best paying Bank in the country, Letter of Introduction, Offer Letter, Statement of account with the sum of 1.03M as the Balance still this people refuse me visa.

I am sorry to hear that. This also happened to my colleague. Also, is the 104k before or after tax. The 104k you state as your salary may be seen as too small considering that you will have to pay for your accommodation, flight and food. The ECO mentally calculates what you earn monthly and converts it to pounds. If u notice, on the form it says you should state how much you get after tax and how much you spend every month. This is then deducted to see how much you have left monthly. If u have dependants, it is further deducted.  Note that this isnt enough to buy a ticket let alone pay for accommodation. One thing I have realised is that the Eco relies more on your Salary than they do on your balance in your bank statement. My colleague had a similar issues and all these were stated on her refusal letter and she had a balance of 2.5million in her salary account. Notice that the ECO didnt refer to her account balance at all instead he did a calculation that if she says she wants to spend 350k for her trip, going by her salary, it will take her months to save for it hence he isnt satisfied. If it wasnt a first time application, then the ECO may have over looked it however it was. Unfortunately, most reviews I have heard of are unsuccesful unlike the family vistor category where you have full right of appeal and more success rate.

My Advice: Find a sponsor that will state he will pay for your Flight. Make it seem like a joint sponsor. i.e You state in your application form that you are paying for food and accommodation while your sponsor is paying for your flight.  Re-apply and then draft a letter stating your changed circumstance and that your sponsor is willing to fute your travel expenses. Attach a letter from you sponsor and his bank statment and resubmit all u did before.

Best of Luck!
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by midep: 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
@ AMYKELLY Tnks a bunch for your contribution, infact u just made my day. Am sure what they did to you friend is exactly what they did to me also Did ur friend reapply and what was the outcome ?.

I will reapply and hope it will scale through this time.

You guys are doing a great job here pls keep it up i appreciate.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by amykelly: 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2011
yeah she did and she got it. grin grin grin. In ur own case since your wife is working, you can use her as a joint sponsor.
All the best
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by johnkent(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
You cannot afford to travel to the UK on vacation making a lil over 100K/Month.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by dellnet: 8:44am On Aug 17, 2011
@amykelly, I have a question on this change of circumstance. The embassy said I should report to them if my circumstance change before traveling, I want to know what is included i.e. does it include change of flight date, cancellation of trip, change of hotel or what?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by amykelly: 8:55am On Aug 17, 2011
@amykelly, I have a question on this change of circumstance. The embassy said I should report to them if my circumstance change before traveling, I want to know what is included i.e. does it include change of flight date, cancellation of trip, change of hotel or what?

First of all what visa category did you apply for? Also have you gotten your visa? If u have gotten your visa for say maybe school then you need to inform them if maybe you dont want to continue with that choosen school or if you dont want to go for your studies in the Uk anymore.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by amykelly: 8:57am On Aug 17, 2011
If it is a normal visa with Multiple entry then you dont need to inform the embassy that you are not traveling on the date specified on your application form. You can travel anytime that you want as long as u have a valid visa that hasnt expired.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by dellnet: 8:59am On Aug 17, 2011
It is a business visit multiple entry.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by amykelly: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2011
It is a business visit multiple entry.
Okay. You dont need to inform them unless you want to go the extra mile. Thats why you were given multiple entry. You can enter the Uk as many times as you like as long as your visa hasnt expired. When you get to the point of entry make sure you can describe/explain what business you are going for as you may be asked by the immigration officer at the point of entry.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by dellnet: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2011
I requested for multiple entry based on my circumstance. What do you mean the extra mile, do you think it is necessary to inform them or not? It would not be funny to be refused entry at the point of entry. In order words what I want to know is; the information I gave to the visa officer does it reflect on the immigration officer's system? for example travel dates, hotel location etc if so then I think it would be a good idea to let the embassy know of changes but then what is the limit of the changes I should inform them?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by amykelly: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2011
I really dont know what circumstances you put in your form. So pls go ahead and inform them. You can call their office to also ask if it will be necessary to draft a letter to them explaining why you can't leave on the selected date.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2011
dell_net:

I requested for multiple entry based on my circumstance. What do you mean the extra mile, do you think it is necessary to inform them or not? It would not be funny to be refused entry at the point of entry. In order words what I want to know is; [b]the information I gave to the visa officer does it reflect on the immigration officer's system? [/b]for example travel dates, hotel location etc if so then I think it would be a good idea to let the embassy know of changes but then what is the limit of the changes I should inform them?

It does reflect in their system but you got nothing to worry about, u don't need to inform the embassy about hotel change or date. You can change ur hotel or date of traveling without informing the embassy.

Sometimes they do ask questions at the point of entry. . .things like. . what u are going to do in the UK, places u want to visit. .etc. . just general questions that any genuine traveller should be able to answer.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by dellnet: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2011
Yes my purpose of visit will not change but my travel dates might change and hotel to stay as I have indicated to the visa officer. It takes these embassies forever to reply emails or even answer a call I have been put on queue for more than one hour I just had to hang up.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 10:31am On Aug 17, 2011
dell_net:

Yes my purpose of visit will not change but my travel dates might change and hotel to stay as I have indicated to the visa officer. It takes these embassies forever to reply emails or even answer a call I have been put on queue for more than one hour I just had to hang up.

You don't need to call or email them about all that, change of circumstance comes in when u want to make major change in ur visa type, not with things like travelling date or hotel issues.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by N101: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2011
@ poster - was was the balance on your account? I don't think it has so much to do with how much you make per month, rather what the balance on your account is and how long you will be travelling for.

If you get a sponsor for your flight ticket you will have to include a lot of other information (e.g. letter from person confirming they will pay for your flight, bank details). Have you explained where you will be staying and provided proof of this?

If you do re-apply it is important to address every single point they turned you down on before, including providing the relevant documents. Good luck.
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by dancewith: 9:08am On Aug 18, 2011
@OP,

The ECOs make a lot of mistakes and in this case this is one. You already have a good job and makes about N3m annually, which is enough to show you are not a possible illegal immigrant and can afford the trip. Your monthly salary is irrelevant here as what you earn annually must be considered. If you earn N100,000 per week but makes N3m annually through upfront payments, then you cannot be judged on the monthly salary.

However, the ECO may consider evidence of funds provided, in which case you showed about N1m. They will calculate how much you intend to spend in the UK, say, Flight: N200,000, Accommodation, N100,000, Feeding N100,000, Transportation, N50,000 and miscellaneous, N150,000 (including shopping) Totalling N6500,000.

A common immigration rule is to consider if the applicant will exhaust their savings on the holiday on which case the application may be considered incredible. In your case, this is not the case as you have savings of N1m and plan to spend about N6500,000 and I honestly see no ground for the refusal

What you need to do is to write a letter, stating the details as I said above. State how long you have worked, how much you have made during the period and how you cannot be considered to be a possible immigrant with your economic circumstances.

Let them know the ECO erred in reasoning you cannot accommodate yourself and feed yourself in the UK by giving an estimation of the figures I gave above and how your finances can easily accommodate them. Resubmit the docs from your office, bank statement and everything else submitted earlier. Do not alter the application from the earlier one (your circumstances have not changed)

You need to reapply and pay a new fee for this but I am confident the visa will be granted this time. The letter should be addressed to the Entry Clearance Manager, British High Commission, Abuja. Make sure the letter is written in good English and signed by you.

Good luck
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by midep: 10:38am On Aug 18, 2011
@ Danccewith, thanks for your candid advise i truly appreciate everybody concern and advise on the issue infact you people are truly Brother.

Definitely i will reapply and put into consideration all what you great people advised me to do, but my leave is between September 5 - September 19, 2011 and ave decided to go to Dubai when i come back will definitely reapply not that going to UK is a MUST after all am going there to spend my money in exchange for leisure.

Once again i appreciate everybody advise on the issue may the spirit of oneness continue to bind us together,
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by nakita(f): 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2011
Midep you don't nd to reapply cos you will be refuse again, what you need is an intact agent that could help you
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
nakita:

Midep you don't nd to reapply cos you will be refuse again, what you need is an intact agent that could help you

Agent help him do what? Print the visa or appeal the decision?
Re: Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) by Vicjustice: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2011
midep:

Hi Peeps.

[b]Honestly, (considering the ratio of the Pound Sterling to the Naira,) the N1.3 million in your account is not the most excellent amount to represent the savings of a person who is applying for a 6 months visiting visa to the UK, but nevertheless, you should have been issued the visa on the basis of your monthly salary which isn't bad in Nigerian standard: and the Visa Officer should have taken into account that there's no normal person who would abandon such job in Nigeria and then become an illegal resident in the UK.
   Now, i won't encourage you to apply for the visa straight away, you might need to build your savings as this is the issue raised: Do not borrow money for this course because, if you do, they will observe it (as money lodgement) and consider you a desperately dishonest applicant and a threat to immigration, and that may automatically be disqualifying you in future applications. That's not what you want.
   Make good savings with traceable history keeping track with your wages and pay-advise, and then apply again in due time.[/b]

(1) (2)

Travelers Storm Train Station, Neglect Kaduna-Abuja Express Because Of Bandits / Dana Air Slashes Fares To N7200 / Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.