Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed (6093 Views)

Mourinho To Become The Highest Paid Manager In Premier League History! / Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers In 2012 / Zlatan Ibrahmovic Vs Samuel Eto Fil's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by SUKURU(m): 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
GOD I DEY GO START TO PLAY FOOTBALL OOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

If Inter Milan and Russia's Anzhi Makhachkala reach an agreement over his transfer, he will have to decide whether to stay in Milan, compete for the Champions League and the Serie A title and earn a prodigious amount of money, or simply leave and make more in salary than any athlete in the history of mankind—even if it means becoming invisible to most fans.

According to multiple sources, Anzhi has offered the 30-year-old Cameroonian forward a three-year deal worth $25.5 million per year after tax. Income tax brackets vary, but it would cost a club in a big European league—or, for that matter, the United States—between $50 million and $57 million per season to match the Russian club's offer.

That's not far from the combined earnings, excluding endorsements, of Peyton Manning and Alex Rodriguez.

Anzhi can do this for two reasons. One is that the tax rate for foreigners in Russia is a paltry 13%, so Eto'o would actually cost $32 million a season. The other, more important reason, is that Anzhi owner Suleiman Kerimov is a billionaire. He has already spent big on former Brazilian internationals Roberto Carlos, Diego Tardelli and Jucilei, and he's happy to do the same with Eto'o.

"Negotiations are ongoing," Eto'o said Saturday at the opening of a new hospital in Douala, Cameroon. "It's possible that I could go [to Anzhi] and it's possible that I could stay."

Media reports in Italy suggest that Anzhi has offered $35 million as a transfer fee and Inter is holding out for $42 million. There's a strong chance the two sides could meet halfway this week.

From Inter's perspective, that would be a generous offer given Eto'o's age, the fact that the club is scrambling to meet the UEFA financial fair play requirements that limit annual losses and his current $25 million yearly contract that extends through 2014. By selling him, the club could not only earn itself a hefty transfer fee, but also save some $75 million over the next three seasons.

This explains why Inter president Massimo Moratti said last week that the club had received "a very interesting offer—one we need to consider."
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by pcp: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2011
Http://bizcovering.com/small-business/ways-to-make-your-business-grow-faster/
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by amblors(m): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2011
make the guy go enjoy the money, he's won everything.
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by mukina2: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2011
MOSCOW (AFP) – Cameroon striker Samuel Eto’o's mega-money move from Inter Milan to big-spending Russian Premiership side Anzhi Makhachkala is likely to be completed on Monday, Russian media reported.

“The signing of the deal will likely take place on Monday or Tuesday at the latest, as long as Samuel successfully completes his medical,” Eto’o's agent, Claudio Vigorelli, was quoted as saying on Sunday.

Reports said that Anzhi will pay Inter 25 million euros ($36m) plus performance-related bonuses for the Cameroon skipper.

According to media rumours, Eto’o will receive around 20.5 million euros a year in wages, making him the world’s top-earning footballer.

Meanwhile, Cameroonian defender Benoit Angbva, who currently plays for Anzhi, said he was the man who had initiated Eto’o's transfer to the club.

“We talked with Samuel in June, just before the friendly match between Russia and Cameroon,” Angbva told daily newspaper Sport Express.

“He sent a message to the Dagestan club with me, saying: ‘If Anzhi are ready to buy me, I will come.’

“I told him everything about the club, the training base, the players and the team’s future prospects.

“Samuel believed me and later talked to the club owner, Suleiman Kerimov. In short, it was me who initiated this transfer.”

Eto’o, 30, is the most decorated player in African history, having won the Champions League three times — twice with Barcelona and once with Inter.

The four-time African player of the year also won three league titles with Barca and one with Inter, while with Cameroon he has twice won the Africa Cup of Nations.

He began his career with Real Madrid before loan spells with Leganes, Espanyol and Real Mallorca, who he then joined permanently.

He helped Mallorca to a Copa del Rey victory in 2003, earning a move to Barca the next year.

He joined Inter in 2009 in a swap deal involving Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with the Italians also receiving 50 million euros.

Reports said that Kerimov, who is not only a billionaire but also a Russian senator, was also targeting Brazilian international defender Dani Alves, who is currently playing with European giants Barcelona.

Local media claimed Anzhi would have to pay between 35 and 40 million euros for the right-back.

Anzhi have only had one full season back in the Russian top flight but they have become major players since they were bought by Kerimov, who has poured money into the club.

Despite the dangers in Dagestan, where a low-level Islamic insurgency has made the republic very unstable, Anzhi have already managed to attract players such as Roberto Carlos and Yuri Zhirkov.

They play their home matches in Makhachkala but the players live and train in Moscow for security reasons.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/anzhi-to-sign-etoos-25-million-euros-deal-on-monday/
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2011
Yeah. Saw the news. I am very happy for him. he has achieved a lot and fully deserves every progress in his career. I hope that he does not get on the end of Russian racists though. Nazi extremists targeted Osaze when played in that region. Eto'o himself has been a victim of racist chants while playing in La Liga. Whatever the case, I wish him all the best.
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2011
The Lion of Africa deserves it.
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Nayah(f): 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2011
So proud of him Eto'o one the pride of my beloved country, just love you
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by slex(m): 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2011
well its good to me only in the financial aspect. But correct me if i am wrong ,is it not the same club that a Banana was thrown @R.carlos? Hope eto wont experience the racist treatment. I live there so i know how it is , not long ago was a fight btw white and blacks , took a lot of them down though(Black power) but eto should be careful
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by DDuke1: 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2011
is there anything like innflation in football? i tink we are heading there
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by odumchi: 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2011
Eto's the face of Cameroun
Drogbas the face of Ivory Coast
Who's the face of Nigeria?

But nevertheless congrats to Eto'o
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by life707: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2011
After all your achievements, the goal is to make cool cash.
Three bgosa for ETO.
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Freiburger(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2011
Great news
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by udbyron1(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2011
samu-_el na bad dude mennn cool
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by ifebosco: 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2011
anytime anyday i will look for you eto,o to remind you of the drink i both for him in madrid the year 1997 when you were nobody then.but i know you will remember me, because if not of me, my ibo friend you take his girlfriend that night would have finished you.jajajaja, but that is live , today you are successful.I'm very happy for you, because i know how you suffered racism those days in Spain.my brother enjoy your money, you worked for it. GODBLESS
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Croatian(m): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2011
I'm against modern football, high wages in it, and things like that. But I like Samuel Eto'o, he is a good player and a good person, no doubt that he will invest some of that money to his homeland. I wish him luck and God bless him.
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by tEsLim(m): 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2011
mukina2:

Anzhi have only had one full season back in the Russian top flight but they have become major players since they were bought by Kerimov, who has poured [/b]money into the club.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/anzhi-to-sign-etoos-25-million-euros-deal-on-monday/

Immediately I saw the [b]poured money
phrase I knew I was reading a Nigerian journalist authored news
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by heynew: 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2011
This is the price of humility, even after  being swapped with a player ( Zlatan Ibrahimovic ) he is better than he still keeps his game straight ,

Bravo brother
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by amblors(m): 11:06pm On Aug 21, 2011
tEsLim:

Immediately I saw the poured money phrase I knew I was reading a Nigerian journalist authored news

grin grin grin
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by zikclassiq(m): 12:06am On Aug 22, 2011
Etoo, just go and make your money and retire hapily thereafter. Which cup are you looking for again in milan?
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by MMM2(m): 12:11am On Aug 22, 2011
much money
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by readymade: 12:24am On Aug 22, 2011
Well deserved,
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by MBG4Real(m): 2:55am On Aug 22, 2011
odumchi:

Kanu Nwankwo is. Though retired. If you are talking current, then Osaze Odewinge should fill in.

I wish ETO the best of luck in the new club
. Let him not have fortune like Fenado Torres of Chealse
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by odumchi: 5:46am On Aug 22, 2011
MBG4Real:

Kanu Nwankwo is. Though retired. If you are talking current, then Osaze Odewinge should fill in.

I wish ETO the best of luck in the new club
. Let him not have fortune like Fenado Torres of Chealse

Nah, Osaze isn't that popular he's very arrogant. If anyone I'd say Kanu followed by Ahmed Musa
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by smaller(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2011
Bravo to Africa's finest,
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 22, 2011
if he is Nigerian. some people go don dey beef
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by executinal(m): 10:41am On Aug 22, 2011
tEsLim:

Immediately I saw the poured money phrase I knew I was reading a Nigerian journalist authored news
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Machine007: 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
amblors:

grin grin grin
[/quo

Amblors, pls, what is wrong with the above phrase.
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Machine007: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
amblors:

grin grin grin

Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
odumchi:

No Fall Ma hand naa. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN Alias Anywhere Belle Face grin
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by amblors(m): 1:14am On Aug 23, 2011
Machine007:

no b me quote o, i just laff, lol.
"poured money" aint proper there though.
should have been something like "has invested a lot of money, '
Re: Samuel Eto To Be The Highest Paid Footballer If Signed by Yewe2011(m): 1:41am On Aug 23, 2011
ETO'O is one of the greatest African strikers ever to play the game. Won 3 Champions League's (2 with Barca, 1 with Inter) he very much deserves this payday.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DFB Pokal Final: Borussia Dortmund Vs Bayern Munich (5 - 2) On 12th May 2012 / Carling Cup: Arsenal V Liverpool [2 - 1] on Wed 28th October / UCL: Manchester City Vs Ajax - (2 - 2) On 6th November 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.