Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

"delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" (4766 Views)

Fatima Atiku Abubakar Nominated As Commissioner In Adamawa / Governor Of Plateau State Appoints SSG, Chief Of Staff & Others / Kano State Appoints A Christian Female Chief Judge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by Jettage: 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2011
The governor of Delta state, Emmanuel Uduaghan last week appointed to his cabinet, Mofe Pirah, whom it is also prosecuting for murder.

According to court documents available to SaharaReporters, Mr. Pirah and 10 accused persons have recently received summonses from the Court of Appeal in Benin City for the September 1998 murder of Mr Samuel .A.K Metseagharun in Warri.

In the incident, Mr. Metseagharun, a former chairman and sole administrator of Delta State Board of Inland Revenue and Chairman of the Ugborodo (Escravos) Community Trust Governing Council, was allegedly dragged out of his Mercedes Benz car and beaten to death by a crowd which included Mr. Pirah.

The Delta State Government objected to the verdict of the High Court which dismissed the murder charges against Mr. Pirah and his co-accused, and filed a notice of appeal through its lawyers led by Ighodalo Imadegbelo (SAN).

Saharareporters sources claim that before Mr. Pirah was made commissioner of "Oil and Gas," he had bragged on behalf of himself and the other accused persons that there was no threat from the Court of Appeal, claiming that they have reserved N300 million for the judges involved in the case. He also told family members that they gave the same amount to Hon. Justice S.A. Ehiwario, who decided the case at the high court in 2007.

http://akinbami..com/2011/08/delta-state-governor-uduaghan-appoints.html

Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by Chyz2: 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2011
You're funny.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by Fazzy: 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2011
wetin happen,
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by okadaman2: 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
See that bros face, he be like Sapele Denzel, action guy grin

Oyeeeel boys are untouchable.

If crude oil nor dey ya papa backyard, you can never understand.

Deeeeelta can never carry last!

RIP to the dead, sorry for the loss embarassed
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by russellino: 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2011
The appointment that also caught my attention was that of princess pat ajudua, the wife of fred ajudua. Uduaghan no dey carry last o
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by BigMeat2: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2011
Why the dark shades?
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by Beaf: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2011
A phucking disgrace.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by Rhino5dm: 3:39am On Aug 17, 2011
oya admit say na your state be that, abi shame dey catch you?

Beaf:

A phucking disgrace.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by dayokanu(m): 5:09am On Aug 17, 2011
What more do you expect from a PDP government.

Didnt they throw parties for Bode George and Alamieyeiseigha

Murderers like Obanikoro, Gbenga Daniels and Omisore

Never do wells like Iboti Igbinedion Ohakim etc
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by okadaman2: 6:34am On Aug 17, 2011
Beaf nor go write epistle for hia now. He said 2 words and ran away.  grin

But he's busy chasing Aregbesola with pictures all over the Internet while this dark goggled killer is getting ready to drill more oooyeeel and bloood in his state. Vaaaampireeees!

Buncha criminals! I feel so sorry for great Deltans.  sad
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by ektbear: 7:27am On Aug 17, 2011
Shameful!
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by okadaman2: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2011
I found this letter via this link http://www.sakinternational.org/sakinternational/obasanjo.htm

The letter was written to petition then President Obasanjo to help prosecute the killers of this Metseagharun man, obviously nothing much came out of it.

Seriuosly Mehn! We have too many dead people crying for Justice in this country, I really don't know how we can expect to move forward with so much injustice and impunity.

Maybe this pirah guy is innocent maybe not, I'm not really sure, but the dead man's family deserves some justice. Damn! Wetin oil money don cause for Naija sha embarassed

Ridicule To Our Criminal Justice System and Bringing Our Democracy to Disrepute

(An Open Letter To His Excellency Chief Olusegun Obansanjo, President And Commander In Chief Of The Armed Forces Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.)

Your exellency, I would like to draw your attention to some rather embarrassing issues as suggested by the heading of this open letter to you. The SAK Foundation (Nigeria) and SAK International are sister non-governmental organisations that evolved from the gruesome murder of Mr S.A.K Metseagharun, a one time Chairman/Sole Administrator of the Delta State Board Of Internal Revenue and until his death the Chairman of the Ugborodo (Escravos) Community Trust Governing Council. Mr S.A.K. Metseagharun left behind a reputation of Accountability, Honesty, Loyalty, dedication to service and compassion for his fellow man. He held on to all his virtues in the midst of all the vices that were ( and still are) the norm of our society (especially in Delta state) when he was murdered in broad day light and in the full glare of several witnesses on the 23rd day of September 1998. Following his death, those of us who knew him, realised that it is enviable to uphold virtue in the midst of vice <

Comming back specifically to the heading of this letter, I would like to mention that on a daily basis a lot of us (patriotic Nigerians) living abroad disagree with Non-Nigerians and Nigerians alike who persistently attempt to paint a bad picture of Nigeria as a Nation and Nigerians as a people. Our argument is that Nigeria and Nigerians are victims of an unfair world system and that the true incentives for corruption ("safe swiss banks, international complacency, global demand for petroleum, etc) in Nigeria are not in Nigeria but abroad. However, almost on a daily basis there is some news from Nigeria that ridicules our arguments!

I remember that it took Nigerians from abroad to draw the Federal Government's attention to the fact that toxic wastes were being dumped in Nigeria (The historic town of Koko to be more precise). Now that SAK International has attracted the interest of a global audience, I have had to tell the story of how the name "SAK" came about (that is, the murder of a prominent Escravos citizen over crumbs of oil money!) but when asked about the known killers, I have since remained dumbfounded seeing that at the moment the suspected murders of Mr S.A.K Metseagharun who are tainted already and are of known fraudulent disposition are currently holding positions in some of the registered political parties and are seeking elective offices!

These persons are currently standing trial for various offences ranging from the gruesome murder of a former Chairman/Sole administrator of the Board of Internal Revenue, Asaba, Delta State ( Mr. S.A.K Metseagharun) as well as stealing of funds belonging to the Ugborodo (Escravos) Community Trust.

Whereas, the accused persons have been charged to court and they were all granted bail, some are already deceased. Those originally charged for conspiracy and the brutal murder of Mr. S.A.K Metseagharun pending before the State High Court II Sapele Delta State are as follows:

THE STATE

VERSUS

1. SANDYS OMADELI UVWOH

2. GABRIEL MEBAGHAJE

3 AUGUSTINE OBOROGBEYI

4. DANIEL EJUETAMI

5. ATETE ELIKI

6. GODWIN UROWAYINO

7. ORITSEMA UREMURE

8. THOMAS METSEAGHARUN

9. TONY ELIKI

10. ALFRED EBAMI

11. EDWIN OLLEY

12. TENUMAH MONDAY

13. THOMAS EREYITOMI

14. ISAAC BOTOSAN

15. EYISAN TENUMAH

16. WAYNE AGBA

17. DICKSON JAM

18. JERRY BOYIKPORO

19. JOSEPH ESIMAJEMITE

20. TENUMAH JOSEPH

21. EVELYN EJEH

22. ROLAND ATETE

23. PETER ALI

24. JULIUS ATETE

25. ARUKUSI MORGAN

26. BUWA TENUMAH

27. EYITEMI EBIDO

28. JOSEPH OKONEDO

29. VICTOR UWAWAH

30. ROSE EBURAJOLA

31.MOFE PIRAH

32. FRIDAY ENEGHO

Those charged with the fraudulent misappropriation of Ugborodo (Escravos) Community funds totalling N111,000,000.00 (one hundred and eleven million naira) are as follows:

STATE

VERSUS

1. SANDYS OMADELI UVWOH

2. GABRIEL MEBAGHANJE

3. MEYIWA EREWA

It is pertinent to note that it is only Meyiwa Erewa who is not charged along wth the three others for murder. In effect, these four are facing a three count charge of conspiracy, stealing and fraud at the Sapele high court I ; Sapele, Delta State.

However, we posit that within the context of the civil service rules and regulations, such alleged offenders are usually placed on interdiction until the determination of their alleged criminal offences. In the corporate establishments, such reported cases of fraud, stealing and conspiracy against any staff are normally dealt with by outright dismissal or termination of appointment. It is therefore utterly misplaced and nauseating to allow such people the opportunity of having any political power within their grasp while standing trial for such greivious offences in our court of law! We equally submit that nothing stops such persons whose conducts are questionable from throwing their weight to frustrate the pending cases if they are fortunate enough to grab power!

From another perspective , assuming these persons (suspects) without notice to the public are erroneously cleared to contest and hold elective offices, what happens if they are found guilty of any of the criminal charges and sentenced to jail or to die by hanging It will be clear that the screening by political parties and that of the Delta State Independent Electoral Commission (DSIEC) and consequently the Independent National Electoral Commission lacks the required credibility. Our Democracy should be spared such disgarce and embarrassment!

It amounts to a ridicule of the Rule of Law to allow persons who are facing the very serious charges of murder, stealing and misappropriation of public funds, who in this case are fortunate to avail themselves of the discretionary relief of bail to dare to even raise their heads and attempt to make a mockery of our Democracy and our criminal justice system. Had they been remanded in prison custody till date, of course, they would have no business aspiring to contest any elective post until the pending criminal cases are trminated by the courts.

I can not help but link the above audacious attempt by murder suspects to contest elections ( while undergoing trial at the same time) to the murder of the former Attorney-General of the federation and Minister for justice, Chief Bola Ige (SAN)! Whose murder to some of us is symbolically a murder of National justice and a ridicule of our justice system! and the bravado and utter disregard for the law continues in front of our eyes and in every level of government in our beloved country!

Finaly, your exellency, I would like to state that I consider myself a patriotic citizen who has suffered like most of his compatriots from the various ills of his country, but have chosen never to give up on his country and to return to Nigeria in due season to repair the damage done already. I also consider (and have proved) myself to be part of the young and very large Nigerian Intelligentsia, initially at home and now abroad. we have the intellectual means to despense justice and make our Nation proud but I am not too sure about the will to do so. I would therefore conclude this letter on behalf of SAK Foundation and SAK International, by requesting your good office to prevent suspected criminals who are undergoing trial from attempting to contest elections, pending the determination of the cases aginst them and also to ensure that suspected criminals are not allowed to embarass our criminal justice system and our fledging democracy.

Yours sincerely,

Dr Temi Metseagharun,

General Secretary, SAK International

Oritsejolomi Samuel,

President, S A K Foundation (Nigeria)

It appears some of these people are too powerful to touch.

Are there delta state people on NL with more info about this story? Please share.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by okadaman2: 7:39am On Aug 17, 2011
Saw this on the same site.

It's no secret that Nigerias oil wealth from palm oil days to the current crude oil has turned our people into pawns in the hands of multinationals, pitting us against each other.

But nothing justifies this kind of murder with impunity, we still don't know who killed Bola Ige and why, these kind of injustice can only bring bad omen. We really need to watch each others back a little bit more, the cosmos can't bring good things to a place where so much injustice is swept under the carpet, If in doubt, ask your ancestor gods.

Murderers should not be tolerated, it's bad omen.   sad

The Slaves?

ESCRAVOS.
. . . . is now reflecting the Portuguese meaning of its name. The indegenous people are now indirect slaves to the oil companies and the machiavellian mechanism of 2001 slavery is quite reminiscent of the dark ages and of colonial rule where all the colonial master had to do to make a "troublesome" subject irrelevant was to entice and recruit his brother(s) against him. ("more. . ." should probably come in here)

In the case of Ken Saro-wiwa, which is now the subject of a United States court, it is evident that this same machiavellian principle was used to orchestrate the elimination of the playwright and environmental activist.

In the case of Metseagharun, a step brother is amongst 27 murder suspects. It is almost 4 years since Mr Metseagharun was murdered but all the murder suspects continue to walk freely in the streets, threatening people while receiving the warm attention of Chevron Nigeria Limited. Furthermore, Like the case of Theft in which staff members of Chevron Nigeria Limited were implicated, the years are drifting away and so is justice. . . . . . .

Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by okadaman2: 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
Is he still commissioner? shocked
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2011
Is Uduaghan the greatest rogue in Nigeria not the governor? Like Governor like Commisioner

Do you expect anything more from Iboris protege.

A state that has a former governor cooling down in jail What a shame.

Delta state deserve better than all these PDP nonsense
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by okadaman2: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2011
Honestly I feel sorry for Delta people. Such a great State. Blessed with great, smart and friendly people with massive wealth

But ruled by thugs, touts, brigands and suspected murderers.

I will continue to pray for them. embarassed
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by Gbawe: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2011
okada_man:

Honestly I feel sorry for Delta people. Such a great State. Blessed with great, smart and friendly people with massive wealth

But ruled by thugs, touts, brigands and suspected murderers.

I will continue to pray for them. embarassed

Truly tragic.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by PointB: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2011
@ topic
Sahara Reporters

*Yawns, scratches head*

Next?
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by EkoIle1: 1:36am On Aug 18, 2011
Ibori

Odili

Alams

Odechukwu

MEND

Bunch of crooks, international criminals, convicts and terorists.

Its all part of their DNA.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by htajz: 2:10am On Aug 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

Ibori

Odili

Alams

Odechukwu

MEND

Bunch of crooks, international criminals, convicts and terorists.

Its all part of their DNA.

mumu your needed here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-738543.0.html
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by EkoIle1: 2:19am On Aug 18, 2011
Dum.b a,s,s coward, get back  at  me with your real ID. Till then, fcukk off with your re.tarded link.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by htajz: 3:01am On Aug 18, 2011
Eko Ile:

Dum.b a,s,s coward, get back  at  me with your real ID. Till then, fcukk off with your re.tarded link.

schow first for that link since your good at talking trash we need you to talk trash there.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by kpogede77: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2011
Mofe Pirah is not a murderer, he is a great leader who has rendered selfless services to the Itsekiri nation through the Itsekiri Regional Development Council(IRDC). Even as a commissioner, Itsekiri youths still want him to continue as the president of IRDC. The man may be trying to plead for the victim.
His primary goal in life is how to put food on the table of the common man that is the quality the governor saw in him that made him to give Mofe the appointment.
Even those who bought weapons for militants and even the militants themselves are in the federal cabinet. Who is K. Kuku? is he not in the federal cabinet? Who is Cairo Ojugbo? Leave Itsekiris alone, we like Mofe. End of disc.
Re: "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" by Demdem(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^^^ does he have a case to answer in court or not?

It seems as if u know more than we do. can u kindly answer that

(1) (Reply)

THE NATION Newspaper Crops Obanikoro's Picture From Full Photograph / “jonathan Bombed Abuja Oct 1st; Begged Me To Blame North,” Henry Okah Claims / How I Ended Up Voting For Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.