Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies (4599 Views)

STF Recovers The Bodies Of 2 Slain Soldiers,1 Still Missing / Shocking: APC House Of Assembly Candidate Killed While Campaigning / APC House Of Assembly Candidate Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by djay4: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2011
1 post-UME candidate killed •As STF recovers more bodies

Written by Isaac Shobayo Wednesday, 17 August 2011

FOLLOWING a fresh outbreak of hostility in some parts of Plateau State, on Monday, which led to the death of more than 15 people, more bodies of those killed have been recovered, while a University of Jos post-Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examinations (UTME) candidate was also killed in the crisis.

Going round the affected areas on Tuesday, the Nigerian Tribune gathered in Barkin-Ladin Local Government Area of the state, where the assailant suspected to be Fulani herdsmen killed 10 people on Monday, that five mutilated dead bodies were recovered on Tuesday.

At Jero area of Jos South Local Government Area of the state, the remains of two young men believed to have been stabbed to death were discovered and later conveyed to the Bingham University Teaching Hospital mortuary, while one body was also recovered at Angwan-Rukuba area of Jos North Local Government Area.

Nigerian Tribune further learnt that a post-UTME candidate of the University of Jos, Stephen Ojukwu, who was on his way to the university for the exercise, was stabbed to death around Agwan-Rukuba.

The father of the deceased, Mr Tony Ojukwu, told newsmen that his 20-year-old boy left home on the ill-fated day for the post-UTME without his handset, adding that they could not trace his whereabouts until the men of the STF came to inform him of the death of his son.
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by djay4: 11:40am On Aug 17, 2011
STF have no Job to do only collecting death bodies instead of getting who perform the act of Killings,
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by otokx(m): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2011
So people are still filling form to attend universities is crises prone areas up north when they have federal universities down south? Too Bad
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by Afam4eva(m): 11:49am On Aug 17, 2011
Even before opening this thread I just knew the victim was Igbo. Igbos have suffered enough for this country. Whether the violence is in Otueke or Kafanchan, Igbos must be caught in the middle.
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2011
maybe because they have refused to invest in their home states and reside there too. check any village in Nigeria, there must and i mean must be an IGBO man.
i will be moving about with my gun anytime i visit those crises prone areas of this country, whether now or in the future
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by icez: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2011
why should anyone want to kill this young man. cry cry cry
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by 13volts(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2011
the dude was hacked to death in angular rukuba. for those not familiar with jos. angular kuba is a Christian dominated area, such that not a single hausaman or muslim reside within 10km radius. berom militia devoid of muslin to kill, following their relocation to more friendly places ve recently engaged in armed robbery.
so my assertion is that this dude was a victim of armed robbery.
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by hakanai(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2011
Well Anguwan Rukuba like i know is mainly xtian.How did that then happen?Mistaken identity,they took him for Muslim/Hausa or what?Definitely this is a xtian friendly fire!!!!Because once the alarm rings all will never step within 3 Km of a rivals territory except you have a death wish.Xtians largely avoid transit through main town and prefer the Bauchi ring road and bye pass.Maybe he took the route to avoid the violence and got hit by his own.Considering he wasn't shot.It means some came up close.That leaves doubt if a Muslim could go into a strong xtian area to stab someone and retreat like that especially where both sides have mask men.
Anyway RIP and may God give his family the fortitude to bare the lost.Really sad.
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by olasquare: 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
My question is not of all these is when is sectarian, ethnic, religious and political killings are going to stop in this country? the point is those who are perpetrating it are under the doom of darkness not the will of God if that is what they suppose is their motivation fighting for religion or ethnic, they need to be educated, when are we going to be our brothers keeper? when! i heard growing up that multi cultural communities are @ advantage of diverse culture and gifts which are good for economic benefits from the point of view of tourism, why then is ours our doom of destruction when i cannot be encouraged to want to explore the vast of my country to the east or north, if i can't how do foreigners do then, i think our madness has gone up to the roof tops to be seen by the whole world, and our so called ethnic and community leaders are to be blamed coz they connived with political miscreants who want to mislead the people for their own selfish gains.

1 Like

Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by daroz(m): 8:02pm On Aug 17, 2011
d-jay:

1 post-UME candidate killed •As STF recovers more bodies

Nigerian Tribune further learnt that a post-UTME candidate of the University of Jos, Stephen Ojukwu, who was on his way to the university for the exercise, was stabbed to death around Agwan-Rukuba.

The father of the deceased, Mr Tony Ojukwu, told newsmen that his 20-year-old boy left home on the ill-fated day for the post-UTME without his handset, adding that they could not trace his whereabouts until the men of the STF came to inform him of the death of his son.

All these Igbo pple self, them no dey hear word? Cant they just go and settle in their home, or any southern state. There must be something wrong somewhere.
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by Odunnu: 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2011
daroz:

All these Igbo pple self, them no dey hear word? Cant they just go and settle in their home, or any southern state. There must be something wrong somewhere.
You are a fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by Kc3000: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2011
I agree daroz is the FOOL of the day. Congratulations!!!!!
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by MMM2(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2011
fu-cking muslims re coughing angry
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by atasteve: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2011
Too much innocent blood Lord arise and judge the wicked. Let Jos experience peace again in Jesus name.
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by MMM2(m): 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2011
fu-cking muslims re coughing angry
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by MeGaStReEt: 9:29pm On Aug 17, 2011
Why would anybody want to school in Jos?
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by overwhelmd: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2011
@haka nai
Well Anguwan Rukuba like i know is mainly xtian.How did that then happen?Mistaken identity,they took him for Muslim/Hausa or what?Definitely this is a xtian friendly fire!!!!Because once the alarm rings all will never step within 3 Km of a rivals territory except you have  a death wish.Xtians largely avoid transit through main town and prefer the Bauchi ring road and bye pass.Maybe he took the route to avoid the violence and got hit by his own.Considering he wasn't shot.It means some came up close.That leaves doubt if a Muslim could go into a strong xtian area to stab someone and retreat like that especially where both sides have mask men. Anyway RIP and may God give his family the fortitude to bare the lost.Really sad.

@M M M
fu-cking muslims re coughing Angry

Read and understand haka nai comments, ur stereotyped comment is unwarranted angry
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by Natasha2(f): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2011
OMG awwwwwwwwwwww cry cry cry God please protect me and the rest people who are going for this pume exam AMEN
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
=
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by brayan(m): 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2011
to set the records straight the young man was killed at bauchi road which is where the university of jos main campus is situated and not angwa rukuba.secondly anyone who knows the geography of jos north pretty well would know that the distance between angwa rukuba junction and fillin ball a predominatly moslem area is but a stone throw which is why such areas are usually hot spots, and to think there was suppose to be restraint during this holy month
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by ss007: 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2011
A post UTME  coolCandidate killed in Jos smiley-SO WHAT? Let him and his breathren feel what others have been feeling from Xtian Crusaders for long; Auwal Shanono, 500 level MBBS (Medicine) Student was burnt beyond recognition in Ibadan last June  angry sad :oand no body  cares to even give it a headline. Not to talk of xtian massacre of muslim in Plateau. Let ALL the Xtians of UJ be put to their deserving death,  These useless, brainless, Xtians, let them taste the bitterness of death before reaching their final and permanent abode- hottest part of hell of course!!
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by dirtygamer(m): 1:24am On Aug 18, 2011
ss007:

A post UTME  coolCandidate killed in Jos smiley-SO WHAT?

Oh lame pious man, why are you so heartless? You are like ur leader Mohammed that fought war all throughout his life. Jesus said bless those that curse u. Mr. Alahji, is God hand too short to fight for himself? Will God be happy with u killing innocent souls? Based on Jesus Christ doctrine, no Xtain will kill or harm anybody for no reason. HEARTLESS AND BELLIGERENT Muslims.
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 18, 2011
ss007:

A post UTME  coolCandidate killed in Jos smiley-SO WHAT? Let him and his breathren feel what others have been feeling from Xtian Crusaders for long; Auwal Shanono, 500 level MBBS (Medicine) Student was burnt beyond recognition in Ibadan last June  angry sad :oand no body  cares to even give it a headline.These useless, brainless, Xtians, let them taste the bitterness of death before reaching their final and permanent abode- hottest part of hell of course!!
Easy my broda in islam.dat is wholly unwarranted.easy pls.
dirtygamer:

Two wrongs do not make a right, u knw notin about prophet Muhammad.He doesnt factor into dis forum topic in any way.pls n pls.
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by linjok(f): 9:25am On Aug 18, 2011
When will the killing in Jos stop?? sad sad sad
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by olasquare: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2011
I wanted to click on the quote command in order to quote one or two of the post i have read, but my hand won't just do the 'right' thing coz my brain is disturbed and my feelings is hurt reading what i see.

I can't believe a Nigerian, to talk less a youth of this country; that some of us have been so awkwardly tended in our thinking about the future and unity of this great country.

What do i read here that brings me sadness? I read about how some youth have applauded the killings saying it was a retaliation to what they see as religious war, and some sees it as one of ethnic war

I do know one fact that truly NO ONE CAN FIGHT FOR GOD, u can fight for him to force the whole world to accept Islam or Christianity, If u think u are killing people for God in order to get to alujonna u have just signed ur eternal damnation certificate, If prophet mohammed has fought wars for Islam in order for people to accept his religion then something is wrong with the belief of Islam itself, but I know the Holy Quaran does not teach killing of people to force others to accept Islam.

If we will not accept our diversity then has a generation we have failed just like our leaders and elders who for years has lead this country to no where all because of religious wars, ethnic priority over national priority,

for those of u who think the right has been done in this horrible act, u are shameless and have no fear of God though you claim you have as a muslim, and u have no interest of this nation at heart, If I may tell you, ur judgment wait before God for u coz u shall surely be condem
Re: Renewed Jos Crises: 1 Post-ume Candidate Killed •as Stf Recovers More Bodies by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 21, 2011
If I have options i wil neva do sometngs in Nigeria! Do you know dat a yoruba girl picked unimaid(maiduguri!) as her first choice of university and then o.a.u-ife second! Just because she is a muslim and maiduguri may be academically easier and cheaper!
I realy dont waste my tears fo some people this days.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Takes Credit For Single Digit Inflation Rate / Yoruba Man, Hausa Man, But No Biafran, On Forbes List. . . / This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.