Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,973 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar (2200 Views)

CBN Orders AMCON To Conduct Fresh Bids For Enterprise Bank / CBN To Conduct Examination For Bank CEO's Every 2 Years / Etranzact: The New And Fastest Way To Conduct Transactions With Ease Explained. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by buzor(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
fellow nairalanders, here is my little story
Am computer Engineering student, suppose to be on IT now but due to the obvious reasons which all of us is aware in this country, i didnt bother to find IT placement or submitt application form.
Before now, i have this great idea of starting a company of my and in order to kick start this dream, i started offering computer proficiency training program for people, which include - computer appreciation, microsoft office applications(Excel and Word) and then Internet Applications.
But surprisingly, anybody i discuss this my new program is always interested in taking part. And current i have 8 persons that am taking on private computer lessons and additional 4 waiting for me. am also proud to inform you guys that i make more money at home with this my initiative than most of my friends currently on IT.
However, in the spirit of true Entrepreneur, I want to take thiis my initiative a step ahead by ORGANIZING A COMPUTER PROFICIENCY TRAINING SEMINAR. this will last for just 2 days and atleast 5hours of training each day.
So am throwing this open to fellow nairalanders to advise me on how to organize a successful seminar
1) what is the best price for this seminar
2)best way to get at least 50 persons to attend this seminar
3)materials that will make this seminar more easily understandable for the participants
infact anything u know that will make this a success will be highly appreciated
thanx
Re: Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by buzor(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
i will appreciate all forms of contribution
Re: Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by buzor(m): 7:05am On Aug 18, 2011
pls, fellow nairalanders, dont just read and passover, your contributions is highly of great important to me,
Re: Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by amdman: 7:14am On Aug 18, 2011
Are you offering basic computer training or something advanced?
Re: Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by buzor(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2011
just basic computer training
Re: Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by bvc(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2011
I currently run empowerment seminars, i train people on how to manufacture household items like soap, paint, perfume, custard food and alot more. and empower them in our own way. my advice is 1) look 4 a free befitting accomodation or be able to negociate about the cost of accomodation(its better if you get it free and share profit)with landlord.why? for a start, the attendance might discourage you. 2)make it very affordable, sell manuals and cds to meet up. 3) advertise very very well. 4)get a team o, dont try to do all these alone, you might break down.
Re: Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by buzor(m): 6:20am On Aug 23, 2011
What price do u think should be the best. Am thinking about N2500 For each person. And how can i make at least 50 people to attend
Re: Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by coolgeorge: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2011
Buzor,

First of all I will advice you do a thorough marketing via handbills and select a target mostly high school students wit ur focus meassage that wit will be a practical session. After which you"ll get a projector which of course u need, And pls try as much as possible to make it your handouts/manual as simple and short as possible. Wishing u all d best.
Re: Need Advice On How To Conduct A Successful Seminar by buzor(m): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
thanx for the advice,
though i have high school students as target for the seminar, i also include the following target people
job seekers
professionals including teachers, lawyers, etc
people that have jobs already
etc
and we are going to put them through on the following
computer appreciation, office applications(ms word) and internet explorer,
do you know how i can successfully pass a good information for this set of people within 2 days(10 hrs in total including break intervals)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make 200k / Is Bet9ja Back For Good After Hack | Website Back / Invitation To A Business Seminar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.