Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant (14714 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Not Invest Your Money In A Barbing Saloon / Is N50,000 Enough To Startup A Barbing Saloon? / Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by coolminded(m): 11:48am On Aug 21, 2007
I am UK based naija boi and after my degree in Business and Mathematics i have decided to open a barbing saloon, restaurant and a club. My 2 storey building will have barbing salon on top and the restaurant under all linked together while the club will be beside it, The barbing saloon & restaurant will be opened 24 hours, while the clubs will be opened Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Is this idea going to work in Nigeria?
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by naijacutee(f): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2007
Where are you looking to start this business? In the UK or in Naija?
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by coolminded(m): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2007
Naija
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by werty: 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2007
In Naija?! 24 hours?! Are you trying to get robbed? The idea sounds good but 24hrs is not a good idea. Where in Naija do you intend to start?
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by coolminded(m): 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
Nt sure needs to come dwn to do my research
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by Aik7(m): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hey bro there's nothing wrong in being ingenious and creative, well my advise is to focus on security and goodluck at it.
Finally Port Harcourt, Abuja or Lagos may be considered.
Ciao!
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by coolminded(m): 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2007
tanx men
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by naijacutee(f): 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
Yeah, I think you need to do some research as well. . . Your ideas are ok - I mean they are things which people will always need. People will always need to cut their hair, eating out isn't compulsory but we all do so every once in a while and clubbing - well, it's an essential part of some peoples lifestyles. You can make money from any of these three ventures but what I would suggest would be that you carry out some research and find out in what areas any of your services are most needed. Location is king.  You can find a perfect shopping spot where a barbing salon would look nice but if the people  in that area cut their hair at several salons close to their home, then the chances of them leaving their homes to come all the way to yours (no matter how tastefully furnished it is) would be very slim. I'd suggest that you take the time to find out where people are actually needing, maybe even desperate for your services, rather than where seems to attract a lot of passer-bys. Also, I wouldn't start with all 3 ventures at once if I were you. I'd focus all my energy into the most feasible venture, and try to create a name for myself through excellent service. From there, one would be able to expand to other areas, and be sure that customers would rather go with a name they can trust. I guess it's wiser not to put all of ones eggs into ones basket at the end of the day.  

1 Like

Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by coolminded(m): 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2007
Tanx anuty
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by DrFerlie(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2007
very good idea. it is going to work very well. but the issue of security needs to be well thought out.
i would prefered a standard bar to club. just for security reason.
but do ur feasiblity study well. u need to repackage it to sell profitably.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by coolminded(m): 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2007
Tanx, Securities?It scares me men, In terms of loaded mens with jaz
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by naira4doll(m): 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2007
A good idea, but 24hrs, u need to spend a fortune on security, and I advise u take it one at a time.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by coolminded(m): 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2007
tanx @yu all
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by naijacutee(f): 1:31am On Aug 22, 2007
Is 24 hours feasible? Think about the amount of petrol you'll burn (you'll definitely burn petrol, my brother) at the hours when there are no customers but you just have to stay open to stay true to your word.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by Seabreez15(f): 7:26am On Aug 23, 2007
hmm, the 24hours restaurant is a good idea, but a barbing salon? ppl actually wanna cut their hair at 3am??
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by tatajega(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2007
well ma brother i have a good idea, i am an original Aba boy n i bet u Aba is a town rapidly growing with civilization as the key word, in recent times there has been an upsurge of sharp youths following the increse in population in the polythechnic(Abia Poly)the people in this town have the money and are ready to spend it but the problem is there is no place as such to do this,so if really u re interested in making money i can assure u Aba is the best place for u to come to with your initiative is here.for more info you can mail me (tata2rhyme@yahoo.com)
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by marjson(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2007
smiley THATS A VERY GOOD BUSINESS DECISION, MAY GOD ALMIGHTY PUT YOU THROUGH AGAINST ALL ODDS,
BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO A THOROUGH FEASIBILITY STUDIES OF THE BUSINESS, lipsrsealed
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by jkpretty(f): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2007
Really good idea, But Nigeria i see it working over there than here, Start over there, have a good experience on what u are doing, u can then come over here and start one after d other.

My advice don't start a business here in Nigeria if u don't have a good knowledge of it & solid experience.

But hey if u have a good experience already, just know naija will have a different strategy, just like it has to all things.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by ajayi1(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2007
The idea is good. You know that you have to get good location for good business. And try to meet people that have been in kind of business like that. cheers.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by ajayi1(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2007
The idea is good. You know that you have to get good location for good business. And try to meet people that have been in kind of business like that. cheers.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by bimbliss(f): 10:18am On Aug 23, 2007
its a nice idea to be an entrepreneur but not everybody can be one
well based on the knowledge i have gotten from entrepreneurship course there are business lines that i know that if well planned u can never fail and that falls in 2 the category of food , clothing and shelter
the restaurant is a good one, naija people love partying and clubbing and the barbing i know that i guy needs to barbe at least every 2 weeks.
this kind of business venture will thrive in highly populated cities cos u will need crowd to make good profit.
first and foremost come into the country,get to meet people who run this same type of business ventures, then get statistics of various cities across the country to get an idea of which market u want 2 target and then other necessary things will have to come in place. i also strongly advice u to have a business plan but start small and end big is always better. dont rush in big by pulling in all ur resource into it at once and as so many replies have said earlier 24 hours in this country is risky and i dont think it will be profitable 4 u on the other hand u can try 7.00 am 2 12 pm.
nice idea its better to be an employer than an employee cos an employee can never be richer than his employer if he ever does that means he has beeen stealing and making dubious moves under him.
wish u all the best in life
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by chidichris(m): 11:16am On Aug 23, 2007
not withstanding your tanx men, you are trying to be smart here.
how come you are saying you never know where you are going to open the businesses you mentioned here when you are saying your two story building.
remember, you can fool some people sometimes not all, all the times.
pls my fellow nairalnaders, watch out for this man for he must surely come out in his real colours.
again, what has your degress in london has to do with saloon, resturant and clubs.
pls let me know your real interest.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by Kamali(m): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2007
The idea is good. If you need a point of sale(with accounting) software to manage the place,do contact me.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by Elgaxton(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2007
Wow! I'm baffled by ur idea bro, it makes a lot of sense menn, It can work out but u need some good cash if u are to do dis in abuja cos rent is kinda expensive, I dont know about other places sha!

Dont give up on the idea though, u could even add a female hair salon too.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by hola2ng(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2007
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by ToToChoper: 11:58am On Aug 23, 2007
Bros,bros ****kai,u be real ibo man I swear,lol****.

Anyway, me I don't know what kind of club you do have in mind,but knowing me,I sure wouldn't dismiss the idea of getting a lap dance while having my hair faded with a beautiful lady feeding me grapes. cheesy cheesy grin grin.

Matter of fact,let it be known that this post is my unofficial application for the position of Chief lingerie holder or Bottom douser cheesy cheesy grin grin***make u no say I no tell u***.

Written in good humor, wish u the best though,

ToTochoper at your service.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by fesse(f): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2007
nice idea,
i guess it will work out in Abuja, Port harcourt if not for their crisis and calabar, owerri for the little i know.
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by niceuzor: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2007
fesse wink - you use the word NICE

i'm sorry you just call my name?

So i'm here now. cool
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 23, 2007
Its a really good idea. However if you want to keep a 24hr bussiness, Abuja will be the best location for security purposes and Light is a bit more constant than in other parts of the country.
Good Luck
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by Osarodion(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2007
this a very good idea and it will definitely bring u cash,but if u coming to Abuja to start your's just have to be very good cos there lots of competitors down here.nice one
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by yewaman1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2007
workable idea. but you need to look into the
issue of security, all the best, lets know when when
you OPEN! cool
Re: Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant by purpleh(m): 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2007
My guy, this sounds like a very brillant idea. But a word of caution, I am talking from experience here; Night Clubs in Nigeria are only a temporary thing (the hype is only there for a year or two) . Naija people like change, once another night club opens with slightly new ideas, you can be rest assured that people would move on .So please bear this in mind.

As for the Barbing Saloon and the Restaurant, you cant go wrong.

I wish you all the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ariaria Market Gets Power Generation, Distribution Licences / CBN Meets BDCs As Naira Depreciates To N466/$ / Nigeria Suffering From Stagflation And Inflation: CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.