Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much (3192 Views)

Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? / Most Plausible Reason Why Some Binis and Igbos Have Fairer Skin Colour / Why Do Some Yorubas Like Claiming The Binis Originated From Yorubaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by bamosagie(m): 12:53am On Aug 18, 2011
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by ezeagu(m): 1:22am On Aug 18, 2011
1. It's Igbo not Ibo.
2. Is this girl from Oguta your girlfriend, or your love interest?
3. Are you sure she's just not interested and making up lies?
4. Igbo people number more than 30 million, just because one Oguta man doesn't want a Bini son in law doesn't mean all Igbo people hate Bini people.
5. If you really like her, you should try your best to win over her father, visit him and try and show him the Bini gentleman that many of you are and that his daughter would be in safe hands.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by otapiapia: 2:51am On Aug 18, 2011
Have you atoned for the innocent Igbo lives you murdered in 1967 in your land? Cleanse your hands of blood guilt first.

Some Igbos still feel hurt, especially those who lost loved ones personally. Just saying the truth.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by Abagworo(m): 8:24am On Aug 18, 2011
Ironically a lot of families in Oguta believe they migrated from Bini via Ukwuani.I suspect that it is the same hatred vested by Bini against Anioma who thought they had links that they must shown against the girl's Dad.That an Igbo man claims his fore father migrated from Bini does not in any way mean that he is claiming Bini land but he rather wants to disclose the kinship.

That said,I think you need to be man enough to face her Dad and prove you are good man irrespective of your ethnicity.What every Dad wants is his daughter's happiness.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by EEngineer1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2011
@poster
have you thought of the fact that almost every home in benin has its own atate of the art witch coven

for God's sake benin is known as the hogwarts of nigeria, what do you expect, every heinous crime in nigeria is at a maximum in benin
talk of drug and child trafficking, yahoo yahoo, unnecessary wickedness towards ur brothers, witchcraft

pls dont take it personally but the fact is when you tell someone about edo state, the persons mind runs to the negative immediately
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by ChinenyeN(m): 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2011
This is actually the first I'm hearing of Igbo hating Bini undecided Isn't there some mass claim of Bini descent/migration throughout the western Igbo cultural area?
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by aljharem3: 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ poster it is not only bini but EVERY GROUP

so get use to it.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by asha80(m): 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2011
very funny topic.just reminds me what i witnessed at ABC transport haulage treminal in march where a bini guy was shouting to high heavens that he hates igbos.the guy was just pacing up and down the area where one pays fees for haulage.

shocked at the blatant outburst (as i just came in there when the guy was ranting)i asked a guy there why the bini guy was shouting only to find out that it was because ABC staff refused to give him discount on his goods moving from lagos to benin.he included the fact that ABC has a terminal at benin so he was expecting a discount.

i guess because of this i should hate every bini person?such shallow thinking.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by Ngodigha: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2011
The idiotic Thread starter has made some threads in the past and forumites did not bother reading them or posting at all. Hence the only way he can attract traffic to his idiotic thread is to use Igbo as a topic.
Shameless pig.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by PhysicsQED(m): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2011
E-Engineer:

every heinous crime in nigeria is at a maximum in benin
talk of  drug and child trafficking, yahoo yahoo, unnecessary wickedness towards your brothers, witchcraft

Are you serious?

Child trafficking? So the "baby factories" are centered in Benin now?
419 is centered in Benin now?
Drug trafficking is centered in Benin now?

Smh.

And witchcraft? lol @ that

wtf is "witchcraft"? Some of you people talk like you live in the 18th century. If people aren't adherents of Christianity or Islam, suddenly whatever they practice becomes witchcraft.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by PhysicsQED(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2011
ChinenyeN:

This is actually the first I'm hearing of Igbo hating Bini

The OP is making stuff up because some girl is finding reasons not to go out with him or give him any attention. If a woman doesn't like you, she doesn't like you, end of story. All these stories about her family forbidding this or that are just a nicer way to say she's not really interested. If she was into him, she wouldn't even mention it.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by Relax101(m): 8:08pm On Sep 12, 2011
alj_harem:

@ poster it is not only bini but EVERY GROUP

so get use to it.

You are a confirmed mumu.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by aljharem3: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2011
Relax101:

You are a confirmed mumu.

how
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by ChinenyeN(m): 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2011
PhysicsQED:

The OP is making stuff up because some girl is finding reasons not to go out with him or give him any attention. If a woman doesn't like you, she doesn't like you, end of story. All these stories about her family forbidding this or that are just a nicer way to say she's not really interested. If she was into him, she wouldn't even mention it.
Yeah, I figured as much. But if he was really serious though, I would have been dumbfounded. Igbo hating Bini? No. Doesn't register in my head.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by lepasharon(f): 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2011
because benis are close to yorubas and ibos hate yorubas
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by tpia5: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2011
binis are a law unto themselves and they dont particularly like anybody per se.

key word here is law unto themselves.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2011
Op, everybody is entitled to his opinon. That u hav meet one or two igbo people that doesnt like bini people doesnt mean every oder igbo man dislikes bini people!
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by udezue(m): 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2011
OP is fooolish.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by mbatuku1: 12:46am On Sep 14, 2011
tpia@:

binis are a law unto themselves and they dont particularly like anybody per se.

key word here is law unto themselves.

How?
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by bright007(f): 3:22am On Sep 14, 2011
*dumb $ deaf thread!*
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by bokohalal(m): 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2011
Why do the Igbos love the Binis? I know an Edo proverb to that but I do not want the Igbos to get big-headed or start claiming Biniland after. The truth is the poster no measure up to di girl. Or the girl is Ogbuefi`s daughter.
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by agbotaen: 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
its propaganda most igbos were fed during the civil war , that the oba was pointing to igbo areas and he told nigeria troops to kill all igbos , and many anioma people also believe in these propaganda, war is not a tea party and you try to win at all cost, although some benins did not behave well to some aniomas during the war , but also why should some aniomA soldiers conive with biafrans to capture benin? so many mistakes have been made on both sides , so i think we should live together because edo and anioma have many affinities,
Re: Someone Please Tell Me Why Igbos Hate Binis So Much by MrsChima(f): 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
bamosagie: I am from Benin city, Edo state. And I have noticed for sometime now that my superiors from Ibo do not even bother to disguise the fact that they hate Bini people. recently I was discussing with a female friend from Oguta, she said her father call her from time to time not to bring a bini man home as a husband.
so someone please tell me why ibos hate binis so much

Because the Binis won't accept that they have Igbo ancestry according to Big Fool 21. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Some Funny African Proverbs That You Don't Know (must Read) / Yoruba Leader: Agba ki wa lo ja kore omo tutu wo / Who Is An Anambra Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.